Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I noticed that Super Mario All-Stars was in Walmart's ad for today. Did they actually have any?[/QUOTE]

I went to Wal-Mart today and there was a printed off sheet saying that the ad was wrongor something, and they would not have any in stock.

Sold my spare copy that I was going to return to BB for $68.99 (shipping included). I'm pleased. I could see it going up, but I just put it at that price seeing if it'd sell. I only bought it in case the one I ordered from newegg was completely messed up, but it came in great shape and I didn't truly need two of them.

I got a copy in the mail today, with the help of a CAG who replied to my asking for help. Fkin love the guy, thank you again if you read this.

That said. This is a nice package, I feel like I paid for a giant Mario ad rather than the $5 ROM inside.

bought one from toys r us for $20, think i'll bundle my snes copy of all stars and world and try to get $120 , worth a shot.

i'll laugh if it goes to over $150 next month for just the game alone, egg on my face

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it for xmas form my daughter Was going to open it until I read the thread. I have a big enough backlog I can wait a bit and see what happens with the price.

Bleh sure wish I had hoarded a bunch. Congrats to those that did. I could have paid off all my games I'll be buying next year just off of profits from this. Win some lose some.

... I'm still not convinced this isn't temporary. Nintendo forces inventory shortages all the time.. It doesn't seem to make sense for them to release something THAT limited at that price point.

[quote name='thegreek']Hoarded 7 copies. Opened one to play, the other 6 are pristine, sitting in my closet collecting dust.[/QUOTE]

fixed

[quote name='pulsar0510']I got it for xmas form my daughter Was going to open it until I read the thread. I have a big enough backlog I can wait a bit and see what happens with the price.[/QUOTE]

dude that's cold. you'd really scalp a gift from your daughter?

[quote name='tranceFusion']... I'm still not convinced this isn't temporary. Nintendo forces inventory shortages all the time.. It doesn't seem to make sense for them to release something THAT limited at that price point.[/QUOTE]
Same. I mean it just released 3 weeks ago. For the guy that had 6 I'd probably sell 4 of them now and just hang onto a couple. Just a guess though I dont really have a clue.

[quote name='thegreek']Hoarded 7 copies. Opened one to play, the other 6 are pristine, sitting in my closet collecting interest.[/QUOTE]
I'd sell them while they're still hot. Once interest drops, so will the price.

[quote name='salty tbone']dude that's cold. you'd really scalp a gift from your daughter?[/QUOTE]
haha
I told her about this thread and what was going on with the game and she thought it was a great idea. She is my daughter afterall...

I initially bought 3 at BB at opening launch and wanted to get more but since they had 80 of them I didn't think they would sell out. I hope the next mario limited game will do the same as well as a limited zelda game.

I hope that some store ads will put them out within the coming weeks but I apparently ordered the last one form NEWEGG. What to do with this copy.

i have one copy for myself and found 5 copies the other day some how laying around at my local target.....but i am really kicking myself for not tossing the 10 copies that where at kmart where i bought my orginal copy on release day. i could be hood rich from it.

it amazes me how retarded some people are.

im assuming someone from out of country ordered that and the seller was the only one to offer international shipping.

doubtful.

I don't begrudge people making a buck, but the fact that the jackwagon used "L@@K" in the listing makes me bitter at his success.

Man I really did not expect these to be worth much. This game initially sat on store shelves for days here barely selling. People only started buying them when it got close to Christmas. I could have bought a ton of these. As is I have my personal copy and one extra that I've kept sealed. I thought maybe they'd be worth $40 or $50 at best unless I held onto them for several years.

Ultimately I don't think the price will be too high, because after all there are many copies out there, unlike those games with very limited print.

[quote name='spmahn']The winning bidder has zero feedback, which in 90% of cases means shill bid, or non-paying bidder intentionally driving up the price to fuck you over[/QUOTE]

90% of cases? every ebay user at one point had 0 feedback

Glad I only paid $20 for a Snes, 2 controllers, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Allstars at Goodwill. $30 for this disc was already a ripoff. Apparently its only 0.02 GB, talk about wasting discs.

[quote name='juangrande386']Glad I only paid $20 for a Snes, 2 controllers, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Allstars at Goodwill. $30 for this disc was already a ripoff. Apparently its only 0.02 GB, talk about wasting discs.[/QUOTE]

i've got a VHS with 400 classic movies. Interested?

I have 2 smas with some damage to the outside box thanks to newegg cheap shipping in bubble envelopes.
But they did give me a 100% refund and told me to keep the games. So that pretty much keeps me a newegg customer. They are usually great in customer service like amazon.

I guess i'll sell these 2 on fleabay and keep my perfect mint copies a while longer.

VGchartz reports 512k copies were sold week 1 + 241k week 2 = 752k in usa which seems about right so maybe 900k-1million? total copies were made for usa.

It is interesting because nintendo doesn't give us an exact number of how much 1 print run is. So the more info we can gather the better.

In the future it would be pretty nice if they actually numbered each limited edition box.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']I have 2 smas with some damage to the outside box thanks to newegg cheap shipping in bubble envelopes.
But they did give me a 100% refund and told me to keep the games. So that pretty much keeps me a newegg customer. They are usually great in customer service like amazon.[/QUOTE]
What'd you tell them? I certainly wouldn't mind getting a refund.

[quote name='lmz00']What'd you tell them? I certainly wouldn't mind getting a refund.[/QUOTE]

I told them about the damage to the SMAS boxes and that i wanted to return them for a refund.
They then wanted to know if the shipping package was damaged at all before i opened it.
(mine was halfway opened and the 2 game boxes were dented/smashed)

I think their is some RMA/15% restocking fee or something which I told them I shouldnt have to pay for due to the damage to the product and the product not even being opened.

They said they would refund me 100% and contact the shipper they used and IF they required it they would ask me to return the items. But they just let me keep them.

And the 59.99 charge was refunded .

I ended up selling the last of my extra copies New Year's Eve.

Average purchase price for me with tax was just under $18 (let's call it $18 even with gas/time) thanks to that little bonus "B1G1 40% off all video games $19.99 and under" deal from TRU when they were $19.99 each. When they had that deal, I just combined it with the previous B2G $25 GC to bring the price down even more (although I had paid $30 each + tax for the initial 2 copies to get the $25 giftcard), and was amazed when I got them to combine both the $19.99 sale price and the B1G140% off. After release day at TRU when they told me somebody bought out all 20+ copies of the game at 1 TRU, I didn't hesitate when I found them in stock.

I've cleared a little under $50 a copy after all is said and done, sold around $75-$80 average.

BTW they actually fit in the small flat rate $4.95 USPS priority folding box, I just had to adjust the folds on the priority boxes slightly to make them fit, and not seal them with the internal glue seal but rather tape them shut.

I didn't realize this game was selling for so damn much... that's fucking crazy.

I won't lie, I figured this game would be mass produced and be fairly easy to find for a while.

I wonder why Nintendo didn't produce more, considering they could have probably sold as much as they would have produced. I'm happy I pre-ordered and got my copy for $30 though. :D

Nintendo probably made just about the right number. They didn't want any sitting on store shelves so that people will believe them next time they say "limited."

i think its awesome.

i love that all those people didnt buy it because they thought they'd get it cheaper later.

in your face!

now buy one off me for $80.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']i think its awesome.

i love that all those people didnt buy because they thought they'd get it cheaper later.

in your face!

now buy one off me for $80.[/QUOTE]

you are so cool

[quote name='soonersfan60']Nintendo probably made just about the right number. They didn't want any sitting on store shelves so that people will believe them next time they say "limited."[/QUOTE]

If this is indeed the last printing then these sure as hell are going to be worth a lot in the future. They already have doubled in price.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Nintendo probably made just about the right number. They didn't want any sitting on store shelves so that people will believe them next time they say "limited."[/QUOTE]

That's a really good point. I have almost NO faith in any claim of short print runs, etc because nearly every high-dollar game these days gets a reprint (and either I'm completely out of the loop - fairly likely - or they do it quietly and don't announce it).

However, Nintendo HAS done short runs of Zelda DS Lite, etc and apparently been faithful not to reprint those. The notion that they would not reprint this game to maintain their credibility for future "Limited Editions" is also a really good point. I had planned to monitor this release closely for that reason. Also wondering if the "Limited Edition Red Mario Wii" is actually limited or not...

I also have to applaud Confoosious for his astute observation. :applause: One of the biggest reasons I came back to this thread today was to see what all the haters had to say for themselves about the scarcity of this game. I checked out this thread about 5 days before the game released and there were quite a few people on here that were all-too-happy to mock anybody who wanted to buy the game and ESPECIALLY anybody who thought the game was going to be difficult to find and/or rise in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back