Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. ShC said Kmart will have a deal on this. If they do then that's where I'll buy mine.

But to rant and rave about this being overpriced at 30msrp is just trolling and not helpful.

I'm going to buy tens of thousands of these and...........SMASH THEM! Then it will be rare and I can save a couple and get RICH!!!!! :lol: :applause:

No, actually I am going to get one copy and play the hell out of it and be happy I added it to my collection of games. :bouncy:

[quote name='david12795']wonder if other retailers will give a better offer with this purchase.[/QUOTE]

Check the Kmart thread in a few weeks. SHC/Josh said he would have a deal on it.

Kind of odd they did not release this with the red wii.........It has a cheaper MSRP so you think it would be more profitable to give away. Must have tons of copies of New Super Mario Bros. sitting around or something.

[quote name='bojay1997']I guess you don't get out much. It has only been less available at retail in the last few months. Both of my local Best Buys had it until July and it was readily available at the two local Toys R Us locations until they clearanced it a month or two ago. Of course, the local Kmart still has plenty as does the Walmart. I also think your claim is somewhat laughable considering you not only found, but bought three sealed copies of it for resale and none of them went for much more than retail. Is there anyone here that is actually still looking for MPT or is everyone just sad they can't find tons of cheap copies so they can make $10 on Ebay? Like I said, I guess if everyone on this site hoards and resells, you can probably boost the price of anything you set your mind to. I was under the impression that this was a site for cheap ass gamers, however, and not low end video game speculators. But please, hoard away, it will just make it easier for people who actually want to play this game down the road to find cheap copies on Ebay when you all dump them.[/QUOTE]

Well, if bought them for a total of around $40 for all 3 and sold them for a total of about $190 or so thatd be making a $150 profit. And the only reason I picked them up is I saw the price $10-$15 and saw the resale value on ebay. Why wouldn't you want to resell it to make a decent profit off it.

I resereved 1 copy of the mario all-stars.
The ONLY way Id pick up a 2nd is if I saw it on clearance at Target next fall and saw it had a high
resell value. Again as I said, why wouldnt you.

A few months back I saw a MGS3 Subsistance(RED BOX) USED at my local Gamestop. I believe it was $20. Sure I've had mine since the day it came out. But I was able to resell this used one I got for $20 for close to $200. Anybody in their right mind would do that.

I think this is great, and I have bought the same games several times and will buy this as well. $30 for 4 of the best games of all time, with a good amount of fan service. I bought the original NES version, the SNES All Stars, and the DS versions, but I don't have a SNES or NES or DS hooked up to my TV right now, nor own a SNES or NES anymore. My son loves those games as well, and it's a great Santa gift for him, because it's the first time he will get them for himself. That's a big deal for a young kid.

I don't go for double dips except for very exceptional things, but why deny this to those that do appreciate it because you do not personally like it? I have 3 separate copies of Star Wars on VHS and one on DVD, and may end up looking into the ones with new footage.

Ordered one from Gamestop using old credit and one of those old $10 codes I had layin around. Thanks OP!

Not sure why people are hating on this. If you dont want it, dont buy it....seems simple.

[quote name='ZForce915']Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

This will be the fifth time they sold us this game.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? Its nintendo.

Everytime nintendo releases a game even if its a re-release or a "new game" you can preceed every single one of them with "another fucking" and it will work perfectly. They gave up on originality a long time ago.

Another fucking mario game.

Another fucking zelda game.

Another fucking metroid game.

Another fucking donkey kong game.

Another fucking pokemon game.

This is the mentality of nintendo now.

549884_pokemonshitsmoney_super.jpg

[quote name='gargus']What do you expect? Its nintendo.

Another fucking mario game.

Another fucking zelda game.

Another fucking metroid game.

Another fucking donkey kong game.

Another fucking pokemon game.

This is the mentality of nintendo now.

549884_pokemonshitsmoney_super.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you've heard of the concept of "core franchises."

And have you played any of these games? Because for the most part, they're actually great, fun games.

In for one. Just upset that it doesn't include at least Super Mario World. Here's hoping for another collection that spans all the games from the SNES-N64 years. I mean, who doesn't want to play Mario is Missing?

[quote name='spectre666']cool xmas gift for my daughter, she loves NSMB.[/QUOTE]

You can show her how you had to walk uphill both ways in your day :)

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']i finally used one of my stupid gamestop $10 codes for this game...[/QUOTE]
Yea, those were stupid weren't they? Saving you $10 off a purchase, how stupid!

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Yea, those were stupid weren't they? Saving you $10 off a purchase, how stupid![/QUOTE]

stop arguing with people and go away.

3 Steve-O -- My bad. Misread your post.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Well... I am not spending 30 dollars so I can look at the cover. :p[/QUOTE]

Heh. I am. Sure, I'll open it and play a few games, but the main reason I bought the collection is so I can have it.

I pre-ordered thru GameStop to also use one of the stupid $10 coupons from previous purchase (yes stupid, couldn't stack...plus it meant I bought something from GS, yuk). Anyway, the order confirmation said the correct game but order history shows "Avalon Code - Wii" and it shows Verifying.

Anybody else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's a place holder or if something got screwed up. It is GS's glitchy website afterall.

[quote name='sdcranford']I pre-ordered thru GameStop to also use one of the stupid $10 coupons from previous purchase (yes stupid, couldn't stack...plus it meant I bought something from GS, yuk). Anyway, the order confirmation said the correct game but order history shows "Avalon Code - Wii" and it shows Verifying.

Anybody else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's a place holder or if something got screwed up. It is GS's glitchy website afterall.[/QUOTE]

Some people including myself have this problem. Mine shows as "PS3 Raven Wireless Controller". However, the confirmation email shows the right title as "Super Mario All Stars: LE". I don't think we need to worry and just wait :)

[quote name='Dwarf41']Some people including myself have this problem. Mine shows as "PS3 Raven Wireless Controller". However, the confirmation email shows the right title as "Super Mario All Stars: LE". I don't think we need to worry and just wait :)[/QUOTE]

Cool, I didn't think I was the only one. I was pretty sure the confirmation email was all I needed incase I had any problems.

[quote name='KrazyKarl126']In for one. Just upset that it doesn't include at least Super Mario World. Here's hoping for another collection that spans all the games from the SNES-N64 years. I mean, who doesn't want to play Mario is Missing?[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is a semi-rare SNES version that includes Mario All-Stars AND Super Mario World.

[quote name='dchrisd']My hymen is no longer intact, so no.[/QUOTE]

Ignore the wiseguys. I buy Ninja Turtles, don't open them, and hang them on the wall to look at. It's what the (truly) cool people do!

With as many people that have preordered these things and multiples at that AND its still in stock to preorder not only at Amazon, but multiple other sites, its not that limited. So wonder why they put limited edition. Regardless, its a cool-ass bundle.

[quote name='addicted2games']With as many people that have preordered these things and multiples at that AND its still in stock to preorder not only at Amazon, but multiple other sites, its not that limited. So wonder why they put limited edition. Regardless, its a cool-ass bundle.[/QUOTE]
Metroid Prime Trilogy seemed that way too.

[quote name='addicted2games']With as many people that have preordered these things and multiples at that AND its still in stock to preorder not only at Amazon, but multiple other sites, its not that limited. So wonder why they put limited edition. Regardless, its a cool-ass bundle.[/QUOTE]

You have the preorder numbers of the game so far?

The market has proven time and time again, a first party Nintendo item based on a popular character that's limited (regardless of actual "rarity"), will rise in value. I don't know why people are even bothering to argue this.

If I had known this years ago, I'd have bought SO many copies of the 19.99 Pokemon Box Gamecube game from the Nintendo website.

Well, after reading about the metroid prime trilogy collectors edition on here I went to kmart and lucked up and they actually had a couple of copies so I used my $20 kirby coupon on it and walked out a happy camper after seeing used copies brings as much as I paid for a new sealed copy. I got the games to play (eventually) and to collect as I view all nintendo and playstation titles, xbox not so much for some reason I just don't see xbox stuff as collectible (cough red rings of death cough) but I don't know why I passed on this collection to begin with. I remember it being announced that they had stopped producing them but never realized what a nice collection this is so thanks CAG gamers or I never would have discovered this gem. Now should I buy goldeneye next week for the gold controller because I'll have to dish out $70 + tax for that baby but I will be getting $40 worth of controllers leaving less than $40 for the game so I guess it boils down to whether or not the game is actually ok or excellent. By the way I preordered this mario collection from amazon to soon as I saw it was available because I would have paid $50 for it so $30 is an awesome deal for what you get. I never trust carts for lasting years down the road but these disc should last a very long time if not my whole life.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']

blah blah blah.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's like that now huh?

I would never ever troll this site, that is the last thing. I will always speak my mind and whatever I've said here has always been in the best interest of the CAG community as a whole.

Thanks

[quote name='eastx']As for me, I don't find debate about potential rarity all that interesting. Nobody knows the facts about this game's production (other than it will be discontinued at some point), so it's just speculation.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

The only reason I built on the Metroid Prime point was that, for Nintendo, limited edition does tend to mean just that. I don't see this becoming "rare" or valuable at any point in the near future, though.

I'm planning to buy it, and it has nothing to do with selling it later on for a profit. I just want me some Mario in a nice package. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All those Mario games on one disc, a soundtrack and a booklet makes this a buy for me. I am just waiting for some retailer to give us some sort of discount on this. If this was just the game, I would have passed on it.

Thanks for the post, OP!

[quote name='Dwarf41']Some people including myself have this problem. Mine shows as "PS3 Raven Wireless Controller". However, the confirmation email shows the right title as "Super Mario All Stars: LE". I don't think we need to worry and just wait :)[/QUOTE]

I also see nonsense in my order history but the email shows the correct one.

I preordered it at gamestop.com yesterday. Both the checkout page and order confirmation email say "Super Mario All-Star LE" but the online order history says "KINECT FOR XBOX 360 WITH KINEC - Wii". Order price stays at $29.99. Anyone has this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back