Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original NES games are superior to the SNES remakes, but I will still likely be buying this. There's absolutely no excuse however as to why they couldn't include the version with Super Mario World, and why they won't update to include Mario Land, Mario 64, Yoshi's Island, etc.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm definitely seeing it as RARE.[/QUOTE]

You're fooling yourself. This is being carried in large quantities by every major retailer and many on-line retailers. You might want to spend some time adding up all the money you have wasted over the years on stuff you thought was gonna be rare as I guarantee it's probably ten times what you've made on the few things that actually go up in value. Games are meant to be played or collected, but buying modern games as a means of speculatory investment is a complete waste of money.

[quote name='ZForce915']Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

This will be the fifth time they sold us this game.[/QUOTE]

GB Color saw an iteration as well.

[quote name='spmahn']The original NES games are superior to the SNES remakes, but I will still likely be buying this. There's absolutely no excuse however as to why they couldn't include the version with Super Mario World, and why they won't update to include Mario Land, Mario 64, Yoshi's Island, etc.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I for one will not be suckered into buying this. Another good post by bojay too by the way. How do people expect to turn an investment when the deal isn't even that good to begin with?

You think people won't be able to find this stuff? Wow... but do whatever you feel like.

4 NES games = 1 SNES game for $30. This really should be VC release and not no $30. If they wanted to make a "25th Anniversary" then they should've put a lot more games on too. This price is an outrage honestly.. combine it with Nintendo not even being an American company and there's no way I support it.

How about putting out some great NEW games for Wii? The best thing they have is a SNES game put on a disc or on VC. (NBA Jam, NSMB, All-Stars..and so many more)

Im on the fence about this. I may just go outright and by the SNES All-Stars as i still my retro consoles with the SNES being one of them.......But i still might not be turned away from it. This will be one of those think about it games for me. It would be a no brainer if Mario World was included but just all stars i may pass.

Even though I'm a HUGE Mario fan, I'm gonna pass unless it ends up on sale super cheap. All Stars is my least favorite version of these four games, and all I really want is the booklet...I wish Nintendo did more for Mario's 25th. Not so much as a Mario Party at the Nintendo Store in New York.

[quote name='Dominick331']Is it safe to assume that this game will have added save features built into the games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Mario All Stars adds saving to all 4 games. Not Virtual Console-style temporary saves but real 'select from 3 save files per game' saves.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Exactly, I for one will not be suckered into buying this. Another good post by bojay too by the way. How do people expect to turn an investment when the deal isn't even that good to begin with?

You think people won't be able to find this stuff? Wow... but do whatever you feel like.

4 NES games = 1 SNES game for $30. This really should be VC release and not no $30. If they wanted to make a "25th Anniversary" then they should've put a lot more games on too. This price is an outrage honestly.. combine it with Nintendo not even being an American company and there's no way I support it.
[/QUOTE]

I notice you have this bad habit of trolling against games whose prices/etc you disagree with. Try reading the thread. There are what, more than 50 people in this thread alone who are excited about this game? Obviously this is what people want. It's just not what you want. So you don't like it, skip it. None of us are being tricked into buying it. We either want to own Super Mario All Stars on disc or we want it as a collector's item.

Also, Super Mario Collection sold 308,000 copies in its first week of release in Japan: http://kotaku.com/5676074/playstation-move-games-super-mario-collection-do-battle-in-japan

Just to reiterate, tons of people are happy about this game, and no amount of trolling is going to change that. Nintendo, like any smart business, wants to offer a product that makes people happy at a price that they're willing to pay. Here we have proven that they have done exactly that. A few people who don't want to pay $30 for this game don't even approach outweighing the many who do. Logic, it can be your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish the collection would have included more games or at least have more goodies, but I'm a Mario fan and I don't think I'll be able to find this later complete, so I bit.

[quote name='dchrisd']I really wish the collection would have included more games or at least have more goodies, but I'm a Mario fan and I don't think I'll be able to find this later complete, so I bit.[/QUOTE]

It was purposely done this way. Those are the games that were on the original cartridge version.

It's been a while since the SNES one so I don't blame them for re-releasing it. That said, I won't be buying. I still have my copy of All-Stars and a working SNES so unless this got some major upgrades I don't see the point.

[quote name='getstew']It was purposely done this way. Those are the games that were on the original cartridge version.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I see.. the All-Stars game that came out in 1993?

That was...hmmm...17 years ago. 25th Anniversary releases a game that came out in 1993? It doesn't have to do with the enormous amount of Nintendo fans who have been waiting patiently for All-Stars to be released on Virtual Console, right?

People have been begging that they put this game out for VC...like Goldeneye.. All the games are already there but not with SNES graphics. So, they release this SNES game for $30 on a disc. 17 years after the games release for a "25th Anniversary". They're laughing right now saying "silly Americans". Honestly is disgraceful, I'm sorry I gave these people any money at all on this terrible Wii system, the best things they have to offer are old VC games. I've had my Wii put in a box for a few months now and this is exactly why... I have plenty of reason to voice my opinion and many people here would agree with me. You won't find me buying this overpriced junk.

I don't know whether or not to preorder this. Already have a huge backlog of games to catch up on. The extras are intriguing though, hmm... decisions.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Oh, I see.. the All-Stars game that came out in 1993?

That was...hmmm...17 years ago. 25th Anniversary releases a game that came out in 1993? It doesn't have to do with the enormous amount of Nintendo fans who have been waiting patiently for All-Stars to be released on Virtual Console, right?

People have been begging that they put this game out for VC...like Goldeneye.. All the games are already there but not with SNES graphics. So, they release this SNES game for $30 on a disc. 17 years after the games release for a "25th Anniversary". They're laughing right now saying "silly Americans". Honestly is disgraceful, I'm sorry I gave these people any money on all on this terrible Wii system where the best things offered are old VC games. I've had my Wii put in a box for a few months now and this is exactly why... I have plenty of reason to voice my opinion and many people here would agree with me. You won't find me buying this overpriced junk.[/QUOTE]

then go away.

[quote name='eastx']
Just to reiterate, tons of people are happy about this game, and no amount of trolling is going to change that. Nintendo, like any smart business, wants to offer a product that makes people happy at a price that they're willing to pay. Here we have proven that they have done exactly that. A few people who don't want to pay $30 for this game don't even approach outweighing the many who do. Logic, it can be your friend.[/QUOTE]
read my above post. Stupidity outweighs logic all the time. They're taking you all for fools and you're all buying. If you really think a soundtrack and booklet is that awesome well power to you, but this is a joke. No way I'd support this and especially not when it's a non-American company.

[quote name='confoosious']then go away.[/QUOTE]
Nah, you?

I'm giving some people my piece of mind and hopefully influencing some to stay away from this complete ripoff. The more people to go against these moves are the better.

They know people have been begging for Super Mario All-Stars to come out on VC and they come up with this rip-off.

I'd encourage everyone to stay away from this non-deal

In for one.... but...

this set could have been so much more it's not even funny. There's no excuse either.

I would have paid far more than this for a set that included all the old school Mario games
NES versions of 1, 2, 3, lost levels, Dr. Mario bonus
SNES versions of 1, 2, 3, lost levels, World, World 2, Dr. Mario bonus
N64 - Super Mario 64 & DS Super Mario 64
Gamecube - Super Mario Sunshine
Gameboy and Gameboy Advance bonus unlockable games.

I suppose we'll get 1993 super mario all stars for the 50th anniversary too. uber lame.

[quote name='getstew']It was purposely done this way. Those are the games that were on the original cartridge version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but damned if I don't want a more comprehensive Mario collection than one that was released in 93.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Nah, you?

I'm giving some people my piece of mind and hopefully influencing some to stay away from this complete ripoff. The more people to go against these moves are the better.

They know people have been begging for Super Mario All-Stars to come out on VC and they come up with this rip-off.

I'd encourage everyone to stay away from this non-deal[/QUOTE]

You're doing it all wrong though! Give Nintendo a piece of your mind, not fellow CAGers who have no influence other than their purchasing power to change this.

It is duly noted that you are upset over this not coming out on VC, but to berate others for being excited and purchasing this is well beyond your job description.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Nah, you?

I'd encourage everyone to stay away from this non-deal[/QUOTE]

nobody cares.

[quote name='EvenFlow']
It is duly noted that you are upset over this not coming out on VC, but to berate others for being excited and purchasing this is well beyond your job description.[/QUOTE]

+1. Although if his job description is troll, maybe it's not.

[quote name='eastx']They were previously released for the Super Nintendo. However, there were individual GBA releases of the enhanced Super Mario 2 and 3 games that retailed for $30 each. You can also buy the original NES games, no enhancements, on the Virtual Console.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']The games are readily available on Nintendo's virtual console, for about $5 each. Having said that, some people prefer disc releases and the soundtrack and art booklet are nice touches. I still don't buy that this is going to appreciate in value, especially since the games have been released multiple times and as I said, are available on the Wii VC for less.[/QUOTE]

seems worth it to me, since i havent played them. although they are easily obtained on the internet. ill make this the next wii game purchase since i love to have the disk and the bonuses :D

[quote name='teknomedic']In for one.... but...

this set could have been so much more it's not even funny. There's no excuse either.

I would have paid far more than this for a set that included all the old school Mario games

I suppose we'll get 1993 super mario all stars for the 50th anniversary too. uber lame.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Sega does what Nintendon't. Nintendo could release an epic mario collection, but we get the same 4 games we got in the last collection they released? Boo.

[quote name='batman1939']Maybe not rare but released that close to Christmas I think it will be tough to find. And Nintendo did stop making Metroid trilogy, you can still find it but sealed it's becoming harder to find.[/QUOTE]

i see metroid trilogy new everywhere.

[quote name='gmsick']i see metroid trilogy new everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still haven't figured out why people think MPT is rare. I know Toys R Us has it still in stock in some stores, on clearance no less and I still see it at just about every Kmart I visit. Perhaps it's because five months after release, Nintendo announced they wouldn't be printing more, after five months and probably multiple pressings. It has been more than a year since release and over seven months since "printing" stopped, and yet it is still available if you look. I wish people would use their common sense instead of buying into the hype. Heck, even at $80 on Ebay (which it rarely hits), that's only like a $20 profit after Ebay and Paypal fees of 13% and that assumes you got it somewhere that didn't charge tax. People should just buy this if they want it, but stop speculating that it will be rare because it won't be.

[quote name='batman1939']Maybe not rare but released that close to Christmas I think it will be tough to find. And Nintendo did stop making Metroid trilogy, you can still find it but sealed it's becoming harder to find.[/QUOTE]

IMO I don't see this really becoming all that collectible. Maybe if there weren't already millions of SNES copies out there, Nintendo didn't constantly keep these games in print in one form or another (GBA remakes, Virtual Console), and people didn't already download the ROM 10 years ago. The Prime games were newer and the collection had new gameplay features. Once sales die down all it takes is Nintendo flipping a switch and this game is on Virtual Console.

I hope people will buy this because they'll enjoy playing it, and not because they expect that they'll make an easy profit off of it.

[quote name='Thrinn']IMO I don't see this really becoming all that collectible. Maybe if there weren't already millions of SNES copies out there, Nintendo didn't constantly keep these games in print in one form or another (GBA remakes, Virtual Console), and people didn't already download the ROMs 10 years ago. The Prime games were newer and the collection had new gameplay features. Once sales die down all it takes is Nintendo flipping a switch and this game is on Virtual Console.

I hope people willl buy this because they'll enjoy playing it, and not because they expect that they'll make an easy profit off of it.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.. I've said it in this thread already, why would people pay more than $30 for this?? They wouldn't. Metroid Prime would possibly be different, but I know I could find it easily for $50 or less. This isn't nothing more than something you find on clearance a few months from now

I apologize for previously bashing any people in this thread who are buying this, but this is not a "deal" at all to me, it's more like a complete ripoff.

Thanks and I'd write to Nintendo if they gave a fuck but I know enough people will buy it just by these responses. I wish more people would put their foot down and complain when this should be just a VC release. 25th Anniversary what a joke.

That's the last thing I'll say

[quote name='Thrinn']IMO I don't see this really becoming all that collectible. Maybe if there weren't already millions of SNES copies out there, Nintendo didn't constantly keep these games in print in one form or another (GBA remakes, Virtual Console), and people didn't already download the ROM 10 years ago. The Prime games were newer and the collection had new gameplay features. Once sales die down all it takes is Nintendo flipping a switch and this game is on Virtual Console.

I hope people will buy this because they'll enjoy playing it, and not because they expect that they'll make an easy profit off of it.[/QUOTE]

People will buy this for both reasons, but nah definitely this will be bank in a short time if its even somewhat limited. I'd feel confident enough about that to buy 2 copies.

I'll likely buy 2 copies one to open & one to keep sealed for my collection. Not for monetary value, but just because it's Mario & the 25th Anniversary.

I suppose we'll get 1993 super mario all stars for the 50th anniversary too. uber lame.[/QUOTE]

:applause:I'd pay $80 for this version all on one disc with the 32 page book. And then put that bitch in a Mario Steelbook :bouncy:. On the release date, you'd hear the sounds of nerdgasms all day in the Computer Science dorms at my college.

A shit-ton of people buy $80 collectors editions all the time. Maybe they will go BIGGER for the 30th anniversary.

If they wanted, they could fool consumers by putting all the games on four Wii discs. We know consumers think the more discs they get, the better "deal" they're getting. For example, they could put every episode of Seinfeld onto one or two 50gb Blu ray discs in standard def, but no one's going to buy a Seinfeld Season 1-9 Blu-ray disc for $120.

Sorry to go off on this crazy tangent. I'm so tired I assumed when I read 4 games were included with this set, that Super Mario World would be included. I wasn't thinking straight.

I'mma get. Just because it looks nice, and I don't have any of these games on VC or anything.

Oh and by the way, does this collection require a classic controller?

Blech, leave Mario Sunshine out of this, that game is a stain on the rest of the series!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']All of that is 100% wrong

You own the titles as long as you own Nintendo hardware, now the rights management is screwed up that if you buy another Wii you need to send both over and have them transferred but besides that it's a buy once own forever sort of thing.

Also since all of the Wii games are tied to your account if the console dies and is sent to Nintendo the new one will be able to download all your games you purchased.

It's nowhere near perfect but it's still there, also with the way that rights management is going between the DSi and the 3DS I expect the Wii to follow[/QUOTE]
Is this something new they've started in 2010? Because the last time I researched it, your VC purchases were tied to the console you downloaded them on, and there was no way to redownload them (whether on the same console or another one). If they have actually switched to a new system where your digital games are tied to a persistent account and can be freely re-downloaded any time you want, like how XBL & PSN work, then that's good news that I'd love to have confirmed.

[quote name='spmahn']Blech, leave Mario Sunshine out of this, that game is a stain on the rest of the series![/QUOTE]

Don't tell anybody, but it's my favorite of the 3D Marios. I am quite partial to the games with lots of water and a large difficulty curve. :)

I've been trying about every hour, and i finally succeeded at tricking Gamestop.com into letting me place the order using both my $10 code and SAVER. Confirmation email came through just fine, everything listed correctly, however when I view my Order History on GS.com, it shows that I ordered a "PS2 Chameleon Controller - Wii" for $19.99. Anyone else having this show up in their Order History? Hopefully they don't screw up yet another order for me... sigh.

[quote name='gmsick']i see metroid trilogy new everywhere.[/QUOTE]

The going price price for the metroid trilogy sealed on ebay indicates that people can't find it every where. Another thing to remember is an item doesn't need to be rare if the demand is great (see the Nintendo Wii during the first couple of years of release) to be of a value well over MSRP.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Is this something new they've started in 2010? Because the last time I researched it, your VC purchases were tied to the console you downloaded them on, and there was no way to redownload them (whether on the same console or another one). If they have actually switched to a new system where your digital games are tied to a persistent account and can be freely re-downloaded any time you want, like how XBL & PSN work, then that's good news that I'd love to have confirmed.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, you have always been able to redownload any game on the same console. I have done it multiple times. You just can't download on another console without a big hassle from Nintendo.

[quote name='52club']The going price price for the metroid trilogy sealed on ebay indicates that people can't find it every where. Another thing to remember is an item doesn't need to be rare if the demand is great (see the Nintendo Wii during the first couple of years of release) to be of a value well over MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to find a new copy anywhere in Central/Eastern Nebraska, settled for a used copy without the slip cover from GS for $33 after B2G1 sale. The guy threw in the art folio that was an Other M pre-order bonus which was cool.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are VC games transferable from one Wii to another? I've heard mixed things about that.

I actually like that these are on a physical disc vs buying a digital copy of them. Even without the extras it'd be worth the extra $9 or so dollars over the VC games. Adding the extras just makes it that much better.[/QUOTE]

No nintendo does not allow for transfer to another console. They are actually kinda jerks about it when you call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back