Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

meh.....

not the best update, but I have yet to listen to the DK music. the melee Jungle Japers stage had great music

...''stronger and bigger, and faster to!''....

good times

[quote name='foltzie']Forced to swap out? No fighting game I'm aware of requires that you change your character during 2 player matches.[/quote]

soul caliber? weapon master? huh?

Oh this is pretty awesome! The music is turning out to be amazing! :applause:

..So when will we get another character update?..:whistle2:k
New or Veteran.. it doesn't matter. I wonder if we reached the end here. Anyone else in the game will be hidden (Luigi, Jiggly, Ness, Cpt Falcon, Gannondorf, Mewto, etc..) Or not. Who knows.

But then, we still do have an extra 2 months (SIGH) of updates so LOTS can happen!

I was curious about the secret character situation myself; are there really going to be 23 playable characters from the moment you put in the disc? That'd be pretty good, especially if there's a proportional quantity of secret ones compared to the other games.

I suppose the best thing we can get from today's update is Hirokazu Tanaka: Confirmed for Brawl (yay?)

Not sure what the purpose of all those dumbed down aspect ratio screens is, since this is something normally set in the Wii system settings.

music is awesome, but it doesent quite fit the donkey kong climb to the top stage. another DK stage? possible

also, I want a pilotwings assist trophy, I loved that game

Man, the music is bad ass. Chopped the fuck "DK" meets "idm" nonsense.

fuck YES - that's all I'm trying to say.

DK Music - SSB
16:8 - straight face Kirby.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I've come to think of playing in 4:3 as training with a handicap. When I go to someones house and I can see more, it'll be like removing the eye patch.[/quote]There you go.

My first reaction was, "Who doesn't know if they have a widescreen tv? I think a quick glance at the the tv would solve that pretty quickly."

Then I remembered my call center job. I once had a lady who didn't know what "@" was. Once I figured out that she was typing "at" in her email address instead of "@" I awoke to the fact that some people, for whatever reason, just can't grasp the very basics of this stuff. If I may, I'd like to dedicate this update to the @ lady.

[quote name='mikej012']My first reaction was, "Who doesn't know if they have a widescreen tv? I think a quick glance at the the tv would solve that pretty quickly."

Then I remembered my call center job. I once had a lady who didn't know what "@" was. Once I figured out that she was typing "at" in her email address instead of "@" I awoke to the fact that some people, for whatever reason, just can't grasp the very basics of this stuff. If I may, I'd like to dedicate this update to the @ lady.[/QUOTE]

The many call center jobs I've had sometimes keep me up at night. I stare at my hands and ponder the infinite void of this universe, destined to forever grow. And even in this limitless expansion, it cannot match the sheer depth for stupidity.

This is a small tribute to Einstein.

[quote name='zewone']Is it possible that the game could support 720p?

I know that the Xbox had a good amount of HD games and the PS2 had like two.[/quote]Nintendo doesn't care that much.

[quote name='mikej012']My first reaction was, "Who doesn't know if they have a widescreen tv? I think a quick glance at the the tv would solve that pretty quickly."

Then I remembered my call center job. I once had a lady who didn't know what "@" was. Once I figured out that she was typing "at" in her email address instead of "@" I awoke to the fact that some people, for whatever reason, just can't grasp the very basics of this stuff. If I may, I'd like to dedicate this update to the @ lady.[/quote]

That was the question I had when I read this update as well. Thanks for providing evidence of exactly what kind of person might need this sort of feature.

I guess this is what happens when a game is sold to both casual and hardcore gamers.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']I guess this is what happens when a game is sold to both casual and hardcore gamers.[/QUOTE]

Oh god.

That is non-sequiter prime. Those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

People being stupid doesn't magically stop with "hardcore" gamers. And not all casual gamers are stupid.

If we're going to start saying this kind of thing, then I weep for humanity. The fact that people don't know shit about shit when it comes to technology reaches across all boundaries. Has nothing to do with what game system you have, what types of games you like, and what you are playing on a daily basis. Absolutely nothing at all.

[quote name='Strell']Oh god.

That is non-sequiter prime. Those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

People being stupid doesn't magically stop with "hardcore" gamers. And not all casual gamers are stupid.

If we're going to start saying this kind of thing, then I weep for humanity. The fact that people don't know shit about shit when it comes to technology reaches across all boundaries. Has nothing to do with what game system you have, what types of games you like, and what you are playing on a daily basis. Absolutely nothing at all.[/quote]
Should I have added "LOLZ NINTY ARE STUPID, CASUAL GAMRS R NOT SMART" to my post to make it more obvious that I was being sarcastic?

Jeez, everyone in this thread is giving me grief over my lampooning statements.

Is it because I'm not funny?

. . . No, that can't be it.

Okay, forum posts are not my best comedic work, I know.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']

Why can't Nintendo do commercials like they used to?[/quote]

Why can't they do commercials like Sega used to? I wanna see a tv strapped to the back of a Formula One car. And I want to hear a "Samus Scream." That would be funny.

[quote name='White-Wolf']soul caliber? weapon master? huh?[/quote]what are you talking about? first off Weapon Master mode isn't 2 player. second... well that's about it.[quote name='mikej012']Then I remembered my call center job. I once had a lady who didn't know what "@" was. Once I figured out that she was typing "at" in her email address instead of "@" I awoke to the fact that some people, for whatever reason, just can't grasp the very basics of this stuff. If I may, I'd like to dedicate this update to the @ lady.[/quote]you'd think the older folks would know even more than us youngins about the @ symbol. after all it was in use a lot more before the e-mail.[quote name='BlueLobstah']Why can't Nintendo do commercials like they used to?[/quote]I don't know if I saw it on TV or online but I remember that commercial and it does indeed rock.

Tonight: Wario Final Smash.

Wario-Man:
wario_071128b-l.jpg

[quote name='Greetard']Hopefully that nuclear fart in the trailer is incorporated into this in some way or another.[/quote]
Yeah, I had assumed that was his FS.

[quote name='Wolfkin']you'd think the older folks would know even more than us youngins about the @ symbol. after all it was in use a lot more before the e-mail.[/quote]

I never said she was old. She was probably 30-40. And am I reading this right? Are you implying this lady wasn't a dumbass? Ho boy...

[quote name='Strell']You people really shouldn't give me these kinds of ideas.

wtingleow4.jpg

No. I do not have the patience to change the W to a T. Shut up.[/quote]

sexyer then lumpy pudding and old milk.

I wonder how long Wario's FS lasts compared to Bowser's. Wario seems invincible and can fly, but not too much more powerful or gigantic, so it should last a bit longer.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I wonder how long Wario's FS lasts compared to Bowser's. Wario seems invincible and can fly, but not too much more powerful or gigantic, so it should last a bit longer.[/quote]I find this update to be far too cryptic. We've been given almost no information about this FS except what it looks like. I'm not entirely sure how much control we have over this character. In spite of his comment
Even after becoming Wario-Man, you control him as you normally would.
Is it like Giga-Bowser (full/normal control for temp time), Zero Suit Samus (full/normal control until death/FS) or Super Sonic (power boost, partial control, temporary time)
And he doesn’t unleash any overwhelmingly powerful attacks. But he is able to negate a variety of moves and boasts some rather odd abilities...
what does that mean? to negate a variety of moves? is it like the Roy/Marth Counter? like Dr/Mario Cape?

what about the Bike?

where did that come from? does it come with the smash? or can you summon it like Peach and her Turnips

the bike is most probably a B side special. why? it reminds me so much of captain falcon' falcon punch, great attack, but if you do it on the edge, you'll probably die. the rest of wario's specials will probably be fart-related

SHOCKING!

I was browsing the zelda wiki, and I came across the assist trophy page here.

I noticed that Zelda wiki had an assist trophy not announced on the smash bros site.

THE ADVANCE WARS TROPHY

''The Advance Wars series will be getting a representation in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. When a character uses an Assist Trophy, sometimes sprites from the Advance Wars series may appear; usually what appears are small soldiers and tanks shooting their weapons and charging off the stage. ''

view the article here

were did this come from? info?

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']SHOCKING!

I was browsing the zelda wiki, and I came across the assist trophy page here.

I noticed that Zelda wiki had an assist trophy not announced on the smash bros site.

THE ADVANCE WARS TROPHY

view the article here

were did this come from? info?
[/quote]
1: Edit, don't double post
2: Don't type in red.

that advance wars assist trophy is pretty neato.

now that I've gotten a Wii, I've become even more excited in the this game :)

turns out, there are two other unanounced trophies: jill, from drill drozer, and metroids from, er, metroid. no screen shots though. this is weird. very weird. also, Doomed, I like typing in red :D

bread's done
Back