Super Smash Gimmick: Back to Training (Week 6 Forever: Suko vs. Arikado vs. Evergoo)

[quote name='yukine']I think yunkie's Mad Goo sounds better, anyway. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I don't know Yunkie. Joe has some pretty nasty green goo. Is your goo thick and white?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evergoo']I don't know Yunkie. Joe has some pretty nasty green goo. Is your goo thick and white?[/quote]

Ew.

Also, second final dead and gone. Next two are on Tuesday. They're my two hardest classes (World Civilizations and Animal Behavior). This junk just got crazy. :hot:

Time: Maybe today after 9pm EST

hero101, Rig, suko_32
Stage # 1: Smashville
Stage # 2: Brinstar
Stage # 3: Pictochat
Stage # 4: Battlefield
Stage # 5: Random
Hero's Forced Character Selection: Captain Falcon
Rig's forced character selection: Captain Falcon
Suko's forced character selection: Captain Falcon
Hero's Ban: Pit, Peach, Snake
Rig's Ban: Kirby, Pikachu, Peach
Suko's Ban: Snake, G&W, and Falco

You guys good to play now (or A.S.A.P.)? Sorry, but I have been swamped this weekend.

Bans for suko: Snake, G&W, and Falco

My level is Brinstar. And hell, I'll say CF for the forced char too. :)

Pretty disappointed in my 'puff tonight. I don't think she had been beaten prior. That last stock sucked.

I hope you guys were keeping scores...!

[quote name='Rig']Pretty disappointed in my 'puff tonight. I don't think she had been beaten prior. That last stock sucked.

I hope you guys were keeping scores...![/QUOTE]

I did since I was afraid no one was. GG's.

1) suko_32 (10)
2) Rig (9)
3) Hero (5)

JOE'S MAD GOO!!! Smash-down!

image.php
vs.
image.php
vs.
image.php

Alright, so the final semi-finals match is happening soon (hopefully this weekend). It's all three members of JMG!!! in a brutal FFA, with a trip to the finals and title of "King of Spam" at stake. Here's a rundown of where we're going/who we're playing as:

Round 1: Battlefield
Round 2: Corneria
Round 3: Mario Circuit
Round 4: Smashville
Round 5: Random Stage: Ganondorf (Mad D) vs. Bowser (JoeB) vs. Yoshi (evergoo)

Bans for Mad D: Kirby, Metaknight, Snake
Bans for JoeB: Yoshi, Dedede, Zelda/Sheik
Bans for evergoo: R.O.B., Snake, Diddy Kong

As per usual, betting is accepted, and smacktalk of all forms will be encouraged. However, if you bet against or talk smack at me, you will receive: :booty:. Plus, you know I'm the Boss.

But let's be honest; Joe's Mad Goo!!! is awesome. The outcome of this battle will not change a thing about that. :cool:

I will ban for Joe: Yoshi, Dedede and Sheik. My pick for Joe is Bowser.

Stage 1, Battlefield and Stage 4, Smashville.

This is from Marc's PM:

Mad D's Character Bans: Kirby, MetaKnight, Snake
Evergoo's Stage: Mario Circuit
Mad D's Round 5: Ganondorf, my Melee main. Damn you Sakurai!

Joe edit your post please.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Joe's Mad Goo smells. :p

I wish I had access to a Wii again. :([/QUOTE]

I thought you were a guy? :whistle2:k

Your sex change surgery sure fooled me. ;)

EDIT: Joe and David, I'm down for anytime Saturday.

[quote name='evergoo']I thought you were a guy? :whistle2:k

Your sex change surgery sure fooled me. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Must be all that marker lipstick he's been using.

Just a heads up to Goo and Mad D.

I'm going to be a little later than the 5PM Mountain time I quoted. More like 7PM, for sure. Sorry if this is an inconvenience. :) :) :)

[quote name='JoeB1233']Just a heads up to Goo and Mad D.

I'm going to be a little later than the 5PM Mountain time I quoted. More like 7PM, for sure. Sorry if this is an inconvenience. :) :) :)[/QUOTE]

Dammit. Do you have 2 usernames? JoeB1223 and JoeB1233? I sent it to 23. Anyways, we scheduled our match for 5 pm pst. I guess it's now 6 pm pst / 7 pm mst?

Mad D and I want 5 pm pst, Joe wants 6, and now Blue wants 7.

So is 7 pm pst cool with everyone? Let's see if we can get this match done today.

I'm home now, I need to fix my connection anyways. Maybe it's just peak hour but I'm not at 18k, I'm only at 9k. 7 is good.

edit: I will be waiting soon.

Long day guys, sorry I had to push it back even further.

Mad D, we're goofing off until you show up. Join when you get on and we'll disband and get started.

I'm hosting right? Get out of Blue's game :lol:

edit:

More like Joe's Mad Self Destruct

[quote name='JoeB1233']lol @ my incompetence. Neither D nor I could get Goo out when he was shieldbroken two inches from the stage's blastzone.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. You are sure correct, Joe. I was mashing buttons like mad and hoping that someone would dink me with a cheap hit.

Let's keep the results a secret until Blue uploads them. I think they'd enjoy the 1 hr show. ;)

Thoughts on our matchup:
- Lagfest
- Game of chicken
- Don't get gangbanged in the middle
- Yoshi sux; egg suicided TWICE. Damn legendary Pokemon. Video wasn't recorded b/c it was a slideshow. :lol: Joe d. David d. Marc.

You know the lag got a lot less after Blue left, when it was 3 people. It was barely there, I wish one of us had recording abilities.

The Pokemon stage was the worst because after the lag went away the giant monster in the back decided cast a spell to make everything in slow motion.

Me and Joe must have played for like 2 hours after the matches, maybe we should have done something like that a couple days before our matches :lol: Everyone looked slow to react and the lag didn't help.

Please, Mario was still boss in lag. But out of lag, he was even more boss.

Also, Goo's Metaknight is spammy trash. :) My Mario beat it.
JK GOO! You know I love you!

EDIT: Also, his ROB is trash. Mine beat it. ;)

[quote name='JoeB1233']

Also, Goo's Metaknight is spammy trash. :) My Mario beat it.
[/QUOTE]
You know I haven't used tornado since our match in the season tournament a year ago and fell through the stage :lol: It's my vow of B button.

Also I feel sorry for Blue having to wait through all that lag, thank you for recording. I'm sure none of the matches will be fun to watch.

[quote name='Mad D']Also I feel sorry for Blue having to wait through all that lag, thank you for recording. I'm sure none of the matches will be fun to watch.[/quote]

Yes, thank you, Blue, very much for recording! :):applause: And, unfortunately, I think D is right; these aren't going to be terribly entertaining to watch. :cry:

ANDDDD, I just checked the mirror, and my eyes are bloodshot. What is happening to me!?!?!

[quote name='JoeB1233']ANDDDD, I just checked the mirror, and my eyes are bloodshot. What is happening to me!?!?![/QUOTE]Too much lasers in yo eye, R.O.B. ;)

[quote name='JoeB1233']Also, Goo's Metaknight is spammy trash. :) My Mario beat it.

EDIT: Also, his ROB is trash. Mine beat it. ;)[/QUOTE]DMK taught me the power of spamnado. Haven't played R.O.B. competitively in a long time since you bastards keep banning him. I must say, you're R.O.B. is up there...behind Maigo's. :p

[quote name='Mad D']You know the lag got a lot less after Blue left, when it was 3 people. It was barely there, I wish one of us had recording abilities.

The Pokemon stage was the worst because after the lag went away the giant monster in the back decided cast a spell to make everything in slow motion.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, Blue created the lag since we're in pst and mst time zones. I also noticed that I created the lag when it was between Hero and Blue. It still doesn't compare to the doubles tourney Rig, FallMoon, Joe, and I had. It took like 15 minutes to complete one match! Looks like Brawl hates coast rivalries. :whistle2:(

Nevertheless, thanks for the recordings Blue.

[quote name='Mad D']You know I haven't used tornado since our match in the season tournament a year ago and fell through the stage :lol: It's my vow of B button.[/QUOTE]You must master the power of spamnado. :lol:

Sorry about the lag guys, but unfortunately, there wasn't anything I could do about it. I ran some tests after our match was completed last night, and I imagine it was some east coast to west coast lag, as I had a very good connection between hero and I, but anything out on the west coast was >100ms.

That second match was more enjoyable than I thought despite the lag spikes. Now as for the third... but the forth might be my favorite.

edit:

Thanks Blue, I don't know if this looks any better but I modified the signature:

madblue.gif

It was just an experiment, like what I did to Janet's. I think your old one still looks good with the outline, may not have enough contrast without the lines.

[quote name='hero101']Weird, the last minute of match #1 is missing from the videos.[/QUOTE]

I need to go back and check the original source, but I wonder if YouTube clipped it off. I had some problems in uploading to YouTube this morning.

[quote name='yukine']Hey Mad D, when can we all expect our gifts from that $500.00 you just won? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh SNAPS! Had no clue you won. Congrats David! :applause:

Not to doubt you, but I was afraid you would lose since some really good ones started popping up after your post.

Thank goodness you had us whore out your picture in the contest. ;)

P.S. I suggest you do $500 Amazon.

[quote name='suko_32']Yeah...when can we finish this up? Curious![/QUOTE]

But the audience doesn't know who from Joe's Mad Goo is going on to the finals?! :bomb:

bread's done
Back