Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

If the retail release has the stuff on disc or has some bonuses (ie: the costume packs), I'll buy it. If it only has a download code for the DLC, I'm just going to get the DLC.

Unless the disc is like $20-30......

So wait, Capcom is TRIPLE dipping on this game AND it's getting a PC release? Sweet - it is going to be awesome on my MAME cab as long as it will run properly in a lower resolution and in 4:3 mode...

[quote name='Javery']So wait, Capcom is TRIPLE dipping on this game AND it's getting a PC release? Sweet - it is going to be awesome on my MAME cab as long as it will run properly in a lower resolution and in 4:3 mode...[/QUOTE]

It runs fine in 4:3. Even in the arcade version, when you set it to 4:3, you can still see as much as you would in widescreen. They just zoom the camera out a little and you just see a little more ground and a little more sky.

[quote name='MtlTom']If the retail release has the stuff on disc or has some bonuses (ie: the costume packs), I'll buy it. If it only has a download code for the DLC, I'm just going to get the DLC.

Unless the disc is like $20-30......[/QUOTE]

You know that neither the disc nor the $15 DLC pack will include the costumes. Search you feelings, you know it to be true. Now if they did that'd be completely awesome of Capcom, but it's Capcom.

[quote name='KingBroly']You know that neither the disc nor the $15 DLC pack will include the costumes. Search you feelings, you know it to be true. Now if they did that'd be completely awesome of Capcom, but it's Capcom.[/QUOTE]
I know the DLC won't have it. There's always the possibility it might come on/with the disc release (kind of like the Gold RE5 had). I won't hold my breath for it though.

[quote name='Javery']So wait, Capcom is TRIPLE dipping on this game AND it's getting a PC release? Sweet - it is going to be awesome on my MAME cab as long as it will run properly in a lower resolution and in 4:3 mode...[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it's the same on PC, but I know it runs perfect on a 4:3 SDTV. We have a setup @ work and it doesn't blackbar at all.

Hey CAG Street Fighter community,

I mainly check this site for the gaming deals but since I can actually access this forum at work I figure I could be more active. With AE coming out soon I wanted to get back into Street Fighter so I'm going to send a friend request to the metatag. If anyone is ever looking to fight in almost any fighting game feel free to hit me up for a match.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So should I pay $15 for DLC or pay $40 for more achievements and a disc version?
Decisions, Decisions...[/QUOTE]

But it'll be the same achievement list. And besides, SSF4 is getting 7 new achievements with the Arcade Edition DLC.

Watching AE footage from WNF was painful, it looked so boring and slow, especially with doucheinator sanford playing like a bitch to win. MvC3 is going to be so insane hype at evo, likely the main event for the majority going to watch.

[quote name='Kurayami']Is it just me or is anyone else unimpressed by the street fighter x tekken footage?[/QUOTE]

I like the new hit effects, but there wasn't a whole lot shown. It's still very obviously in the early stages of development, where they're just getting the basic fighting system kinks worked out. Impressions from people at Captivate are that the game itself looks much better than the videos show.

I dont think I'll get bored of watching SSFIV, It's got a lot of variety and strategy backing it up, MVC3 is all about seeing who has the best memory and execution, but there is always interesting new stuff to learn from watching it.

And Kensei...stop being a hater.

So is it true that Dan is actually getting buffed?

I love using Dan, infact him and THawk are the only two I use outside of player matches. I heard THawk is getting buffed to.

Anyone?

@Strell lol. Yeah I knew the answer before hand but was interested in responses.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Watching AE footage from WNF was painful, it looked so boring and slow, especially with doucheinator sanford playing like a bitch to win. MvC3 is going to be so insane hype at evo, likely the main event for the majority going to watch.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, they didn't have AE at WNF. And Sanford doesn't go to WNF. Did you mean Guard Crush? Were you talking about the 'Gief matches? What did you expect him to do? Jump in so he could get SPDed over and over? D: He played a very smart, very patient zoning game.

[quote name='bs000']Uhhh, they didn't have AE at WNF. And Sanford doesn't go to WNF. Did you mean Guard Crush? Were you talking about the 'Gief matches? What did you expect him to do? Jump in so he could get SPDed over and over? D: He played a very smart, very patient zoning game.[/QUOTE]

Thats called playing lame.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Thats called playing lame.[/QUOTE]

When, in recent memory, has playing lame actually been considered a bad thing by good players?

Playing "lame" isn't really a derogatory term anymore. It's just a playstyle. And in certain matchups, a smart one.

I think sometimes people confuse being lame with turtling. People who can't play well against a zoning character decide to just call you lame instead of trying to figure out how to make themselves better against a bad matchup.

There is zoning, and there is playing lame. Ryu fireball, fireball fireball, tatsu escape to other side, fireball, fireball maybe a good tactic, but its also playing lame, might as well go grow some plants to kill time instead of doing that boring crap.

In case there was any confusion (wasn't sure if this had been posted):

Seth confirmed that:
1) AE is a straight port, no further balance changes.
2) Super owners will not get AE balance changes for free.
3) Enhanced replay feature coming to Super as well. For free.
4) It does not work like SFII Anniversary Edition. Super characters can't match up against AE characters.

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-...e-edition-disc-version-pack-bonus-japan-4324/

I was thinking of getting the games on demand version of SSF4 and the AE DLC, but if these playing cards come to North America as well, I'll be getting the disc version for sure.

2132445977.jpg
2132445978.jpg

[quote name='GuardianE']Why would you pick up the on demand version of SSFIV? What happened to your disc?[/QUOTE]

Just so I don't have to switch discs when I want to play. And then trade my disc copy on Goozex.

[quote name='bs000']Just so I don't have to switch discs when I want to play. And then trade my disc copy on Goozex.[/QUOTE]

I was going to do the same thing, since I'm that lazy to switch the disc out. Only thing is I can't sell my SSFIV cause it's signed by Daigo, lol. For $30, IDK...if it was $20 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I've been planning to buy SF4 for a while, but this is the kind of thing I was waiting for! With my birthday being a mere 4 days after the disc release, I could not be happier :D I only wish that the US version comes with those sick playing cards T_T

I want to know what in the hell happened to the SSFIV anime that was supposed to come out that has a trailer on the Marketplace.

The trailer was in English so it's not a translation issue.

It's probably on the Zune Marketplace somewhere if it was released. They really need to cross-promote some of that stuff.

Uh...they make multiple TE sticks a year. Amazon has them, MadCatz's store has them, and I'm sure Gamestop has them.

[quote name='KingBroly']Uh...they make multiple TE sticks a year. Amazon has them, MadCatz's store has them, and I'm sure Gamestop has them.[/QUOTE]

You didn't research that before replying. All 3 of those places haven't had TE sticks for 2 months. The blazblu TE stick is available but I would rather not buy a stick with a faceplate for a game I never play. Or I could get a hori stick but I like the looks of the capcom related sticks.

Are you averse to the Chun Li or MvC3 stick on the Madcatz store? They are msrp, but they have 20 percent coupons available more often than not I would say.

So....the AE Retail disc comes with the DLC and the original game. Does it come with the Costumes or anything?

Also, by Super characters cant fight AE characters, that means no Juri Vs Yun?

[quote name='skubish']You didn't research that before replying. All 3 of those places haven't had TE sticks for 2 months. The blazblu TE stick is available but I would rather not buy a stick with a faceplate for a game I never play. Or I could get a hori stick but I like the looks of the capcom related sticks.[/QUOTE]

The Chun Li one is still available http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem...m_medium=search&idProduct=4965&idCategory=390

If you have a frys near you, they should have a few.

[quote name='dgwillia006']So....the AE Retail disc comes with the DLC and the original game. Does it come with the Costumes or anything?

Also, by Super characters cant fight AE characters, that means no Juri Vs Yun?[/QUOTE]

Is that fact that the AE retail disc is just Super SFIV with a DLC voucher?

what they mean, is that if I have AE and you have Super only, and we play online, my extra characters from AE can't be played against you, unless you also have AE.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']The Chun Li one is still available http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem...m_medium=search&idProduct=4965&idCategory=390

If you have a frys near you, they should have a few.

Is that fact that the AE retail disc is just Super SFIV with a DLC voucher?

what they mean, is that if I have AE and you have Super only, and we play online, my extra characters from AE can't be played against you, unless you also have AE.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for quick reply, epic misunderstanding :p.

Though, im surprised it doesnt include the costumes or anything. Eitherway, i guess ill try to find a cheap SSF4 disc before AE launches

http://www.lowlandlions.com/content/Features/Ryan_in_Japan_Week_2-3675.html
With 15 days until AE DLC drops I am starting get worried about the future of Street Fighter 4.

"Kazunoko just rushed down in a way that really didn't require that much from Kazunoko but yet stopped Daigo from being able to do anything. "

Ryan Hart has been training in japan and has been blogging about it. His most recent post makes me wonder what future SSF4 AE has where Yun's pressure could dominate the game so much. I know casually and online you wont see much Yun dominating since its really at the high level play. I like watching the SSF4 streams so I wonder how this will effect tournaments. Yun seems way to powerful not to abuse him in the tournaments. I have heard that grapplers can handle the Twins pertty well...but playing Geif or Thawk well requires a certain playstyle which most people are not accustom to

Are we gonna see a Evo top 8 with 6-7 yuns ?

[quote name='naiku']

Are we gonna see a Evo top 8 with 6-7 yuns ?[/QUOTE]
It is a legit concern. Everything I've read about this game seems to indicate it's much more offensive-oriented. I have a feeling you'll see a lot of Yuns and Fei Longs because they are the most dominant characters in AE. I think these character's dominance (especially Yun) will definitely extend to the online scene as well as the tournament scene.

You do really have to wonder what Capcom was thinking with some of the balance changes they made. It'll be really interesting to see how this game shapes up in the long run.

And Makoto.

This third iteration is essentially Third Strike, where you have 2-3 characters dominating over a majority of the cast. It was deliberately balanced this way, though I have no idea why. So there will be more underdogs to root for? It worked in Third Strike I guess since any character could compensate for their bad matchup with knowledge of the opposing player and parries. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it's the same in SSFIV:AE.

[quote name='GuardianE']And Makoto.

This third iteration is essentially Third Strike, where you have 2-3 characters dominating over a majority of the cast. It was deliberately balanced this way, though I have no idea why. So there will be more underdogs to root for? It worked in Third Strike I guess since any character could compensate for their bad matchup with knowledge of the opposing player and parries. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it's the same in SSFIV:AE.[/QUOTE]
I was actually thinking the same thing with the 3rd Strike comparison. Match-up knowledge is important in that game but one right parry can turn the tide. There's really not a universal mechanic like that in SSF4, so I think that's going to put an even higher importance on match-ups.

What I wonder is if it'll evolve like American 3rd Strike where you pretty much only see top characters (Chun/Yun/Ken/etc.) or more like Japanese 3rd Strike where there's a wider variety of characters played.

Either way, I'm still really excited about this game.

we'll see 2 yuns almost guarenteed.
Daigo = yun
Justin = yun
then justin will play yang after evo is over.

1 fei long for sure
Mago

i dont think evo will have that many yuns in top 8.
maybe 3.

and 2 vipers at least, she's A tier.

my guess is wolfkrone and another viper

Arcadia May 2011 AE Rankings:

S - Yun, Yang, Fei Long

A - Zangief, C. Viper, Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Makoto
B - Ken, Chun-Li, Balrog (Boxer), M. Bison (Dictator), Adon, Sakura
C - Abel, Dee Jay, Ibuki, E. Honda, Seth, Cody, Guy, Vega (Claw), Rufus, Ryu, Blanka, Dudley, Dhalsim, Juri, El Fuerte, Guile, Gen, Gouken, Rose, Oni, Evil Ryu

D - Hakan, T. Hawk, Dan

I'm having a hard time pulling a trigger on the lastest costume pack. I've been buying so many XBLA games on sale, its hard to stomach 1440 points currently,regardless of me having the shoto pack which isn't too hot. I may just save my points for the AE characters pack if it comes out.

Okay, AE is out.

One minor annoyance I just discovered: You can't do Trials if you're on AE. You have to switch back to Super in the Options.

[quote name='KingBroly']Okay, AE is out.

One minor annoyance I just discovered: You can't do Trials if you're on AE. You have to switch back to Super in the Options.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so they didn't even add trials for the new 4?

Nope. Although I can understand why since they're not in AE and they break some Trials for some characters, like Cammy.

EDIT: Wait, Cammy's nerf wasn't horrendous? Color me surprised.

bread's done
Back