Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Bites Dog
Still a classic before its time

How To Lose Friends and Alienate People
Really good rom-com, its a bit more standard than Run Fatboy Run was but I thought How To was a better flick

Just watched Taken. I wasnt expecting it to suck though to be honest...ive heard very good things about it!

All of the things were true. Such a good film, not stop action from the beginning. Well, after thirty minutes or so.

Liam Neeson is one hard bastard! Everyone should watch it :)...

Also, wasnt expecting Holly Valance to be in it. So it was a pleasent surprise ;).

probably calling it a day on the movie watching. 4 in a row can be draining. however, here is what i watched.

Role Models - very funny. easily recommended comedy.

Redbelt - i don't know why i waited so long to watch this. one of the best movies from the past few years. chiwitel ejiofor is GREAT in this. the whole twist on the story half way through really sets up a great climax.

Punisher War Zone - ok, i will say this right now. i loved this. and i would highly recommend the first time you watch it be with at LEAST 2 more guys (or girls who really love insane action) who will appreciate the crap out of it's madness. it's epic. think deep blue sea-like madness.

Slumdog Millionaire - this was really great. i should've seen it before the hype mildly ruined it, because as great as this was, i'm still hoping milk wins. i just enjoyed that better as far as oscar movies go. but it's not like i'll be upset if this wins, because it was really enjoyable and was a great way to finish off my movie watching for the day.

Man On Wire- It was a terrific documentary.

I'll hopefully watch Changeling, Frozen River, and The Visitor at some point before the Academy Awards.

I'm still seeing Coraline tomorrow though! :)

Watched Eagle Eye. I was I guess plesantly surprised since I wasn't expecting much. First hour and a half much better than the last 30 min IMHO. It got a little too far fetched for me.

[quote name='Azumangaman']
I'll hopefully watch Changeling, Frozen River, and The Visitor at some point before the Academy Awards.

I'm still seeing Coraline tomorrow though! :)[/QUOTE]
That could be rough since the awards are tomorrow.

Well, I cleared out The Visitor and Frozen River.
I'm seeing Coraline in a couple hours, but I'll hopefully fit in Changeling somehow.

The Visitor is brilliant.
Frozen River was pretty good. Melissa Leo was excellent.

Coraline (2009)

Not very good. At all.

It was impossible to connect with the characters and sympathize with them if you were over 10 years old.

[quote name='neverletthem']Just finished watching Repo: The Genetic Opera. Great movie, loved it.[/quote]

saw that as a midnight movie, laughed the entire way through its so awesome.... and it has the guy from skinny puppy as narrator so i was happy

[quote name='neverletthem']Just finished watching Repo: The Genetic Opera. Great movie, loved it.[/quote]

One of us! One of us!

[quote name='chimpster1313']

Redbelt - i don't know why i waited so long to watch this. one of the best movies from the past few years. chiwitel ejiofor is GREAT in this. the whole twist on the story half way through really sets up a great climax.
[/quote]

I've seen Chiwitel Ejiofor a couple times now and I gotta say he's a great actor. I've seen Max Martini on a couple of tv shows and I'm also starting to like him too. As for this movie... meh. Seemed kinda broken towards the end and there wasn't really a resolution. I saw Tim Allen's name come up in the beginning and expected the worst. He kinda brought down the movie when his parts were up.

Delicatessen - I really like this black/dark comedy. Hilarious in so many sequences, and will definitely make you consider being a vegeterian. Entirely underrated. I do like the hode to Brazil and the Robert Deniro "Plumber" character by the molemen/Troglos in the film

[quote name='chimpster1313']Role Models - very funny. easily recommended comedy.[/quote]

Mmmm! Elisabeth Banks!

bhahahahahahhaha! LMAO! Great stuff!

LMAO! @ the black kid!

I'm watching Almost Famous for the first time. I'm about 20 or 25 minutes in, and I'm wondering how I've never watched this before.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Short Circuit[/quote]

You watch that on Sunday night any chance? lol :)

I watched it for like the millionth time...takes me back to when i was a nipper :)

[quote name='Scorch']I'm watching Almost Famous for the first time. I'm about 20 or 25 minutes in, and I'm wondering how I've never watched this before.[/quote]

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I used to not actively hate Kate Hudson.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Sanjuro

you just really can't go wrong with kurosawa.[/quote]

Amen.

Role Models with Paul rudd and uhh american pie guy sean william scott(?)

way funnier than I thought it would be. Has a lot of people from the state and UCB.

Judgment at Nuremburg - Simply awesome, incredible, GREAT! If you haven't seen this, then you're doing yourself a disservice. Everyone should see this great flick.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Jury Duty - It went from passable to just plain painful/shit/insipid/agony/retarded (take your pick) - off of Netflix instawatch.[/quote]

So don't watch... ? Titles sounds funny until I think of paulie shore.

Edit:

[quote name='Azumangaman']Man On Wire- It was a terrific documentary.
[/quote]

Excellent. Inspiring in a way too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Half-Nelson - Great performance by Ryan Gosling and Shareeka Epps.

Billy Elliot - Better than I expected. I'm not sure why I had never seen it before.

Sicko - Some sad and interesting shit in that documentary.

[quote name='Danterandal19']"The Band's Visit", an import from Israel. A movie where nothing really happens, but it's nice & sweet, and really funny at times.[/quote]

Thank you so damn much for mentioning this. I've been trying to remember the name of this film for a while. I haven't seen it yet, but thanks to you will watch it tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back