Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo-Yo Girl Cop- okay movie though the plot didn't really go anywhere

La Belle et la Bete - Never seen this version of Beauty And The Beast before but fuck was it really good. The SFX was great and the cinematography was awesome (though its to be expected from Cocteau)

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - good although a bit long(not any longer than Zodiac however), ending could have been a bit more cohesive.

Mamma Mia - Simply awful. Terrible casting, terrible singing... who the fuck thought it was a good idea to even let Brosnan sign at all? Simply one of the worst "films" I have seen in a LONG time and this is coming from someone who likes ABBA mind you.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

Not bad. Solid performances. The out of sequence set up of the film didn't really add much though.

Seven Pounds

Thought it was very good and way better than Will Smith's last 2 movies combined (Hancock & I Am Legend). Really dont know why people are hating on it so much.

Because people like to hate on Will Smith for no reason really.

I also saw ol Ben Button and thought it was pretty good. Also agree that it could have been a bit shorter though.

The Big Nothing with Sean Penn, David Schwimmer (sp?) on netflix instant watch. It was a pretty good black comdey. If you have a chance make sure to give it a shot.

Watched Big Fish again, which is a 5 star movie

Went to movies and watched Valkyrie. Which was decent, but kinda boring since I already knew the story.

Race the Devil staring Peter Fonda and Blacula wasn't bad either. Blacula had a funny opening credits with some bad ass music. Now I am ordering Boss N***er staring Fred Williamson and D'Urville Martin

The Spirit

I was the only person in the theater (of maybe 15) that actually liked it. It's definitely not an action movie (misleading trailer/commercials).

But, I like cheese and dialogue-driven movies. It wasn't great...but it seems to get a lot of hate. (Again, I think, because people expect an action movie.)

Pineapple Express, on the flight back from Louisiana. Not LOL funny but enjoyable.

I saw Hancock on the way there and found it to be funnier than Pineapple Express. I LOL'd at

Old Lady: You smell like alcohol...
Hancock: Cause I been drinkin', bitch!!

King of Kong. Enjoyable documentary. Wanted to watch Gonzo (Hunter S. Thompson doc.) but it looked like ass on Neflix Instant Watch. Super pixelated and blocky. Guess they fucked up the encoding as my connection was fine as King of Kong played in HD from start to finish. Oh well, will just bump the DVD up since I'll be getting a couple on Wednesday.

[quote name='yukafls']Man, I also wanted to see Gonzo. Maybe the DVD version is better[/QUOTE]

I'll know in a couple of days, and post here. It should be, I think they just messed up the encoding. No DVD could look that bad. None of the streaming stuff I've watched has been that bad. Some have been a bit blurry, but not this blurry, blocky mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benjamin Button - best movie I've seen all year. Definately deserves top honors.

it is also killing me that fucking Marley & Me is making more money...what in the fuck is wrong with moviegoers?

Boyz N the Hood- 4.5/5
Rocky 4.5/5
It would be great if you guys rated the movies too, I would be much more likely to rent a movie with a 3+ rating than just someone saying "it was good".

Yes Man was a lot better than I had expected.
The Day the Earth Stood Still...not sure, the level of the movie was like a metronome, at least my date enjoyed it.

As for Marley and Me, it's probably doing better because more kids have winter break than adults who have holiday vacation from work and there isn't a lot of kids movies out this holiday.

[quote name='homeland']Pride and Glory .. Was alright for a Cop drama but probably my least favorite edward norton film.[/quote]

This movie was fairly good. By no means his worst. Have you ever seen "Everyone says I love you"? WHY EDWARD?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']This movie was fairly good. By no means his worst. Have you ever seen "Everyone says I love you"? WHY EDWARD?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!?!?!?![/quote]

I' usually don't watch Woody Allen movies, last one I tried was Scoop and I turned that off after 35 minutes.

Burn After Reading - Good movie but it's weak for a Coen bros. comedy.

The Getaway
(90's remake) - A good stupid action/crime flick.

Marley and Me - It wasnt bad, but I suppose you have to have some dog experience or else you probably wouldnt enjoy it.

Burn After Reading - Again, not bad, but at the same time, I walked away with a little disappointment.

I just watched Dirty Harry for the first time. Great movie, but that was the worst fake blood I've ever seen. Shit looked like red house paint.

Damn, just finished watching Trouble Man with Robert Hooks. For $9.99 it was DEFINITELY worth it, I love blaxplotation films. They are hilarious

Kung-Fu Panda

Way better than I expected. Really quite good. I expected something Shark Tale quality and got something Toy Story quality.

Man, I've watched more movies lately than normal.

Wall-E
Kung Fu Panda
The Roadwarrior
Chronicles of Naria - Prince Caspian
P2

When my fiancee's around, I don't get to play as many videogames as I'd like to. Instead we watch movies. I'm pretty psyched for Gran Torino. I hope I live long enough to turn into craggy rock ala Clint Eastwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back