Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Blackout']Taken. That was a badass movie. I loved it.[/quote]

I've been sitting on this for awhile... I'm a wuss when it comes to extreme violence, a la rape and human degredation. Is the whole sex slavery aspect ultra violent?

Milk... good but unsettling how things used to be... at least I get the Anita Bryant joke from Airplane! now

Doubt... good movie supported by a ton of GREAT performances

[quote name='homeland']I've been sitting on this for awhile... I'm a wuss when it comes to extreme violence, a la rape and human degredation. Is the whole sex slavery aspect ultra violent?[/quote]

There's lots of violence but it's not like blood all over the screen, arms bending in weird ways then falling off, etc. It's just really, really good. The sex aspect is shown but not full blown. It's not that bad. I think you should check out the movie. I really liked it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Kentucky Fried Movie (1977)

There is very little that is funnier than this scene:
[/quote]

oh, so that's the only funny?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Eddie Murphy? ugh... :facepalm:[/QUOTE]
Eddie was the king of the "R" rated 80's flicks and his 80's flicks have aged very well. Give me Eddie any day before Ben Stiller the late 90's-00's the new "R" king.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Err... that's an actual movie?[/QUOTE]

Yes, rent it now! It is one of the best "B" horror/comedy movies ever. I heart Troma

Sukiyaki Western Django - 4/10
The movie was nothing like the trailer... Very disappointed. It was 2 asian gangs and they were trying to act like cowboys. It came off as a comedy in the trailer, but wasn't in the movie to me. This then quickly became a Tarantino like film which is an automatic FAIL.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nluPs-nGngk[/media]

[quote name='VipFREAK']Sukiyaki Western Django - 4/10
The movie was nothing like the trailer... Very disappointed. It was 2 asian gangs and they were trying to act like cowboys. It came off as a comedy in the trailer, but wasn't in the movie to me. This then quickly became a Tarantino like film which is an automatic FAIL.[/quote]

It had Tarantino IN it, what did you expect? And if you saw the American version, that's null and void. They cut around 40 minutes of the original movie out.

Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem

Ugh.

Finally saw Vacancy the other night. What a cliche' piece of shit.

Also had the privilege of watching My Best Friend's Girl. It was meh, definite chick-flick.

Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - The mummy movies are truly a guilty pleasure. Don't take themselves seriously and are just plain fun.

Murphy was great back in the 80's(Trading places, Beverly Hills Cop 1&2, Harlem Nights, The Golden Child, 48 hrs, Another 48 hours and Coming to America) . He started going downhill around Beverly Hills Cop 3.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - The mummy movies are truly a guilty pleasure. Don't take themselves seriously and are just plain fun.

Murphy was great back in the 80's(Trading places, Beverly Hills Cop 1&2, Harlem Nights, The Golden Child, 48 hrs, Another 48 hours and Coming to America) . He started going downhill around Beverly Hills Cop 3.[/QUOTE]

I like BHC 3:)

[quote name='yukafls']Just watched Next Friday, I never saw the first one but this was damn funny[/QUOTE]

Nowhere near as funny as the first one... Chris Tucker was sorely missed in the sequels

[quote name='zman73']Nowhere near as funny as the first one... Chris Tucker was sorely missed in the sequels[/quote]

I bought a bunch of movies today, including the first one. Finished Spider Man 3, not bad it was good

Wild Hogs (on Netflix Streaming).

I thought it would be a really watered down Disney-esque movie but it was actually very funny and had good character development, nice action scenes, fights, etc. Definitely a lot better than I expected.

Dead Like Me: Life After Death (2009)

I liked this, but it didn't seem quite like the TV series, and the characters seemed kind of different. Rube (Mandy Patinkin) has left due to retirement, and is replaced by Cameron Kane (Henry Ian Cusick, aka "Desmond" from LOST). Sarah Wynter replaces Laura Harris as Daisy Adair. The opening and re-introduction of the characters was great, but after that there wasn't much of a storyline going on, and it felt like just a filler episode of the TV series. It ended on a much better note than the TV series, and most questions were answered, but they also filmed the ending in such a way, that if this film does well, it could easily be picked up again for another season or two.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 6: Freddy's Dead[/quote]

He has a dad??? Learn new things every day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back