Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chuckywang']How long does it take after loading your $10 credit offer to your card for the credit to show up on your online account? I loaded a few days ago and still nothing in the credit section of my pending charges.[/QUOTE]

It says up to 8 weeks but many of us got it within a week.

FYI, for those attempting to rent this game from Redbox to get the Operation Completion achievement for the Best Buy offer.. You need the second disc to install the Multiplayer content, so you cannot play Spartan Ops mode while renting from redbox because you only get disc one.

When you select Multiplayer at the main menu for the first time, you're given the choice of installing it from disc or from a download. It should work without disc 2.

[quote name='nas6034']For the Spartan Ops mission for operation completion you need to have XBL gold, dont ya?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Thanks spydey! I used a free 2-day xbl trial and got operation completion. Will return the redbox rental today and re-rent sat or sun and beat it for $25 credit.

[quote name='John187']Does BB carry gift cards to like Amazon or any other retailers? can't seem to find any online but will hit up a store if they do[/QUOTE]

Yes I have purchased amazon and steam gcs from bb.

[quote name='JaTaN']I never said spend $100 right now -- the person I was responding to asked if it had to be a single purchase or if multiple purchases were ok

You need to wait for the confirmation email saying that the offer is activated and after that you need to have a single $100.00+ charge on the card to get the $50 credit (you can't make multiple purchases that add up to $100)

If you dont have anything to buy for $100+ then just grab a $100 gift card and use it whenever you like[/QUOTE]

I got you, it was my you were responding to. It was this part of the terms "will not count towards the $100 spend amount", that makes me think it could be a few purchases added together (hence the "towards" part). But I will be grabbing a $100 amazon gift card either way.

[quote name='badlieut']Bought $100 in Amazon cards at Best Buy and already got my email back from Amex saying I qualified for the $50 back.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'll definitely be doing that.

[quote name='John187']Does BB carry gift cards to like Amazon or any other retailers? can't seem to find any online but will hit up a store if they do[/QUOTE]
If they dont have Amazon GCs then look for "Amazon Kindle" GCs which are the same as regular GCs

[quote name='Flowfaster']can i MAKE A PURCHASE AT BESTBUY.COM FOR $100 OR IS IT b&m ONLY?[/QUOTE]
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/OfferTerms

Can I do things out for order? For example, can I buy $100 worth of stuff at Best Buy, then get finish a Spartan Ops mission, and still get credit? I haven't beaten the campaign yet and I don't want to play Spartan Ops until that's done, but I do need to pick up my BLOPS 2 pre-order. I might as well throw in another game for essentially free.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Can I do things out for order? For example, can I buy $100 worth of stuff at Best Buy, then get finish a Spartan Ops mission, and still get credit? I haven't beaten the campaign yet and I don't want to play Spartan Ops until that's done, but I do need to pick up my BLOPS 2 pre-order. I might as well throw in another game for essentially free.[/QUOTE]

No. You need to finish a mission, then get the email. If you do it beforehand it will not count. The email can take a few days.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Can I do things out for order? For example, can I buy $100 worth of stuff at Best Buy, then get finish a Spartan Ops mission, and still get credit? I haven't beaten the campaign yet and I don't want to play Spartan Ops until that's done, but I do need to pick up my BLOPS 2 pre-order. I might as well throw in another game for essentially free.[/QUOTE]
If it's plot spoilers you're worried about, the first mission contains nothing of the sort.

Gah, the wait for this dang email is tense! Got the achievement yesterday and I'm hoping to get the Best Buy coupon confirmation in time to use it on the 3DS XL sale they have going on this week.

-Sean

Egift cards work, but I'd rather hedge my bets and have a physical card sent, so I bought one. That shows as coming from bestbuy.com only, so there's no way this screws it up. Now to find what I want...

[quote name='h2dk']Still no email from Amex for the Spartan Ops achievement...

Question (not sure if anyone will know) It is a $50 credit when you spend $100 at Best Buy. It does not state that it has to be in one purchase. Can this $100 be broken up into multiple purchases to get the $50 credit?[/QUOTE]

I got the achievement but no confirmation via email. Kind of disappointing but I have faith in AMEX. This is about my sixth amex sync deal (used them on twitter/FB) and it'll be handled properly.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']FYI, for those attempting to rent this game from Redbox to get the Operation Completion achievement for the Best Buy offer.. You need the second disc to install the Multiplayer content, so you cannot play Spartan Ops mode while renting from redbox because you only get disc one.[/QUOTE]

Wrong!

You can install disc two via online download. I rented from Redbox last night and downloaded disc 2 after the install.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']FYI, for those attempting to rent this game from Redbox to get the Operation Completion achievement for the Best Buy offer.. You need the second disc to install the Multiplayer content, so you cannot play Spartan Ops mode while renting from redbox because you only get disc one.[/QUOTE]

this is wrong. you can install that stuff from the 2nd disc OR you can download it. I rented the game and got the achievement as well as playing a bunch of other multiplayer.

I bought two $50 Amazon Kindle gift cards and got the email from AMEX that it went through. Applied them to my account and can use them for just about anything that Amazon sells (not just Kindle related items).

I already got the $50 off $100 confirmation email. But I haven't got the $10 credit for enrolling. Anyone else has the same experience?

[quote name='AkariK']Spartan Ops can be played single player, why would you need Xbox gold to do it?[/QUOTE]

It's still multiplayer as far as the Xbox is concerned. You just don't have anyone else in your party. That way they can charge you for gold.

[quote name='spydey']It's still multiplayer as far as the Xbox is concerned. You just don't have anyone else in your party. That way they can charge you for gold.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I wouldn't have guessed that since I used the 2 week code before trying it. I suppose that means it can be clarified to be 'you need xbox live gameplay to play online', and not gold. You DO need gold for the 'upload a file to your file share' achievement, though, as irrelevant as that is...

[quote name='badlieut']Bought $100 in Amazon cards at Best Buy and already got my email back from Amex saying I qualified for the $50 back.[/QUOTE]

So $35 already and another $50 from this? Really a crazy good deal, I have to do this ASAP.

Barely got time to do the campaign playthru on Sunday. And did Spartan Ops yesterday.

Bit of a longshot but hoping to get qualified for the Bestbuy promo by this Sunday. It would line up perfectly with the cash I'm gonna drop on the WiiU:pray:

[quote name='Kendro']I bought two $50 Amazon Kindle gift cards and got the email from AMEX that it went through. Applied them to my account and can use them for just about anything that Amazon sells (not just Kindle related items).[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you got the email that you qualified for the "spend 100 get 50 credit" before you went out to buy the gift cards right?

[quote name='foreinter']I already got the $50 off $100 confirmation email. But I haven't got the $10 credit for enrolling. Anyone else has the same experience?[/QUOTE]

After syncing your card, did you remember to go to the Xbox Dashboard and click the button that redeems that $10 credit for syncing? The $10 one doesn't happen automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rbarba4']Just to clarify, you got the email that you qualified for the "spend 100 get 50 credit" before you went out to buy the gift cards right?[/QUOTE]

Yep I got that email the night before along with everyone else in this thread.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']No. You need to finish a mission, then get the email. If you do it beforehand it will not count. The email can take a few days.[/QUOTE]

Ahh I completed the mission but did not wait for the email before I bought my Vita. My fault for not reading the terms.

[quote name='grifta67']After syncing your card, did you remember to go to the Xbox Dashboard and click the button that redeems that $10 credit for syncing? The $10 one doesn't happen automatically.[/QUOTE]

I probably forgot that. Is there anyway to fix it?

On Saturday I got the confirmation email from AMEX for the Best Buy deal, later that day bought $150 in iTunes cards for $110 ($10 gift card and 20% off Reward Zone offer) and this morning I got my $50 back (shows from Best Buy actually not AMEX).

So in the end I got $150 iTunes credit for $60.

Only credit of this deal I haven't gotten yet is the Wake Up John offer for beating the game, need to look into what I may have missed about that one.

[quote name='RainFall']Is this still going? I didn't see the tile on the dash.[/QUOTE]

I last found it via a Halo 4 sub-section which still had the ad.

[quote name='JaTaN']I never said spend $100 right now -- the person I was responding to asked if it had to be a single purchase or if multiple purchases were ok

You need to wait for the confirmation email saying that the offer is activated and after that you need to have a single $100.00+ charge on the card to get the $50 credit (you can't make multiple purchases that add up to $100)

If you dont have anything to buy for $100+ then just grab a $100 gift card and use it whenever you like[/QUOTE]

After getting the in-game achievements, do we need to go back to the dashboard offer to claim them manually like the $10 credit promo? Or is the email notification from AMEX automatic?

[quote name='McCarron']On Saturday I got the confirmation email from AMEX for the Best Buy deal, later that day bought $150 in iTunes cards for $110 ($10 gift card and 20% off Reward Zone offer) and this morning I got my $50 back (shows from Best Buy actually not AMEX).

So in the end I got $150 iTunes credit for $60.

Only credit of this deal I haven't gotten yet is the Wake Up John offer for beating the game, need to look into what I may have missed about that one.[/QUOTE]
In the past Amex Sync promos used to post it as a regular credit, but this year they started using the retailer's name on the credit (if you click the + sign for credit details, it'll show the Amex promo name somewhere in there)

This way you know which retailer you got the promo for and most importantly they don't have to pay full cash back on your purchase

Before: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 general Amex credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $100
Now: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 "XYZ" credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $50

[quote name='Donut2922']After getting the in-game achievements, do we need to go back to the dashboard offer to claim them manually like the $10 credit promo? Or is the email notification from AMEX automatic?[/QUOTE]

Email came automatically in maybe 3 days? They say it could take up to 7.

[quote name='JaTaN']In the past Amex Sync promos used to post it as a regular credit, but this year they started using the retailer's name on the credit (if you click the + sign for credit details, it'll show the Amex promo name somewhere in there)

This way you know which retailer you got the promo for and most importantly they don't have to pay full cash back on your purchase

Before: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 general Amex credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $100
Now: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 "XYZ" credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $50[/QUOTE]

That's smart on their part. I wonder if the Best Buy Reward Zone counts it as the full price too, I should watch my pending points.

[quote name='Donut2922']After getting the in-game achievements, do we need to go back to the dashboard offer to claim them manually like the $10 credit promo? Or is the email notification from AMEX automatic?[/QUOTE]
I think you just wait it out until Amex's system checks your XBL gamertag for the achievement so it may take a few days

[quote name='McCarron']That's smart on their part. I wonder if the Best Buy Reward Zone counts it as the full price too, I should watch my pending points.[/QUOTE]Promo is from Amex so BB wont know about it (Amex just looks for a $100+ BB charge in your card activity and gives you the credit) -- you'll get the full RZ points

Silver members should finish off the spartan ops achievement asap. The 3x points offer expires this Sunday. I'm hoping to use my triple points coupon on a $100 gift card purchase in time to earn an extra $5 RZ certificate.

[quote name='Donut2922']Silver members should finish off the spartan ops achievement asap. The 3x points offer expires this Sunday. I'm hoping to use my triple points coupon on a $100 gift card purchase in time to earn an extra $5 RZ certificate.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for my ignorance, what's the triple points offer?

[quote name='foreinter']I probably forgot that. Is there anyway to fix it?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't think there's any time limit on actually redeeming the $10 one. McCarron suggested looking in the Halo 4 dashboard menus: "I last found it via a Halo 4 sub-section which still had the ad."

[quote name='foreinter']Sorry for my ignorance, what's the triple points offer?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy Silver RZ members should have received a coupon in the mail to earn triple reward zone points on in-store purchases.

bread's done
Back