Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yuyak']If it's like any other facebook/twitter sync+save offers, purchase of giftcards SHOULD qualify. I purchased $100 worth of Costco gift card that can be used at the B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - never done this sort of thing before. Thanks, I guess I can go that route then. I'll likely do the same for the Best Buy credit from the Halo promo (though that means buying the gift card in store probably).

Is there a Amex sync thread anywhere on here. If not there should be one. Seems like there are a lot of good deals to be had. I've done a few in the past, but even now I just found out about that costco one.

I just tried to synch my card. When I entered the code on my Xbox it came back with an oops didn't work message and a minute later I got an email from AMEX saying I am synched. But since the problem is on my Xbox I can't click on any offers. I tried the code again and same thing. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Can you confirm you got the statement credit? If so I would definitely do this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']Interesting - never done this sort of thing before. Thanks, I guess I can go that route then. I'll likely do the same for the Best Buy credit from the Halo promo (though that means buying the gift card in store probably).[/QUOTE]

Just logged on to confirm. I ordered my $100 costco cashcard via costco.com on 10/31. The $25 credit posted on the amex website "recent activites" section this morning, but dated 11/4. I haven't bought anything else via costco.com so yeah, it definitely looks like cashcards qualify.

I've done this before with similar Amex/BestBuy promos where I just bought BestBuy or Kindle giftcards (can be used on anything at Amazon) and those all qualified.

Is there a leaderboard where I can look up if I am one of the top 25 to complete Lone Wolf Legend? Halo Waypoint maybe? Took me until 4pm pst, so I know it's unlikely. Just curious as to what my chances are :joystick:

Has anyone been able to verify if the Spartan Ops achievement can be done coop? (For the "$50 back when you spend $100 at Best Buy" offer). I guess maybe I'll try it tomorrow with my son.

[quote name='io']Has anyone been able to verify if the Spartan Ops achievement can be done coop? (For the "$50 back when you spend $100 at Best Buy" offer). I guess maybe I'll try it tomorrow with my son.[/QUOTE]

I think even with co-op it still counts as finishing the game. Or at least that's how it was for Halo 3 and Reach.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I think even with co-op it still counts as finishing the game. Or at least that's how it was for Halo 3 and Reach.[/QUOTE]

The finishing the game one I'm not worried about - this is the Spartan Ops mission achievement I'm talking about.

[quote name='io']The finishing the game one I'm not worried about - this is the Spartan Ops mission achievement I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

Oh woops. Got the rewards mixed up. It doesn't say solo so I'm pretty sure that it's fine if it's co-op. The reward for the trip to E3 says it has to be done solo so if it did, I'm pretty sure it would've said solo on it.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Is there a Amex sync thread anywhere on here. If not there should be one. Seems like there are a lot of good deals to be had. I've done a few in the past, but even now I just found out about that costco one.[/QUOTE]

Do you have an iPhone and the AMEX app? You can view the latest offers within the app.

[quote name='io']Has anyone been able to verify if the Spartan Ops achievement can be done coop? (For the "$50 back when you spend $100 at Best Buy" offer). I guess maybe I'll try it tomorrow with my son.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the whole point of Spartan Ops is that it is a co-op mode?

[quote name='Kendro']Do you have an iPhone and the AMEX app? You can view the latest offers within the app.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I mean to discuss the deals. Even in this thread its unclear how the deals work, if they are working, when you get your cash back, etc.

For these deals regarding coop. If the fine print states that getting the achievement constitutes fulfilling the offer, than getting it in coop should be fine. The question is if those achievements are obtainable in coop. My guess is yes, but I haven't even picked up my preorder yet.

[quote name='Xerxes']I sync'd and got a email but I haven't gotten the $10 just for syncing. Is that something that posts asap?[/QUOTE]

No it will take up to 8 weeks to post to your account. As far as people talking about co-op or not you only need to unlock to 2 achievements. Whatever allows you to complete them is all you need to do.

(Unlocks the $50 back for $100) Requires you to unlock on dashboard and wait for confirmation email before spending money.
Operation Completion 15 points
Completed a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Can be obtained on Easy+.
Complete a Spartan Ops Chapter either Solo or Cooperatively.

(Unlocks $25 Statement Credit)
Wake up John 20 points
Completed the Campaign on Normal or harder.

Campaign related. Must be obtained on Normal+.
Complete the Campaign either Solo or Cooperatively.

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=387738

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i'm confused now.

Finish the game (on normal or harder) = $25

Finish a spartan ops chapter by myself or with someone else (on any level) = $50 off $100
(can you play the spartan ops chapter by itself? just jump right in?)

yes?

Anyone want to finish spartan ops with me while I run around useless and eat cheetos?

When I look at the ”Wake Up John” task on the MS dashboard AMEX promo advertisement, I don't see anything about a difficulty requirement of at least normal for the campaign.

[quote name='Donut2922']When I look at the ”Wake Up John” task on the MS dashboard AMEX promo advertisement, I don't see anything about a difficulty requirement of at least normal for the campaign.[/QUOTE]

Well to get the achievement that is what is required so if you do not play on normal or higher it won't unlock on your Xbox.

Also, it appears I have gotten my $10 already. I do not have a cleared transaction by my "available credit" is $10 higher than the credit limit right now. Since I have no balance it may not post until I use the card.

Has anyone finished the Spartan Ops "Operation Completion" achievement and received an email from Amex? I know it says it could take up to 7 days to receive the email, just curious as to how long it is taking (looking to buy the Lumia 920 from Best Buy, but want to wait until this is "activated")

[quote name='h2dk']Has anyone finished the Spartan Ops "Operation Completion" achievement and received an email from Amex? I know it says it could take up to 7 days to receive the email, just curious as to how long it is taking (looking to buy the Lumia 920 from Best Buy, but want to wait until this is "activated")[/QUOTE]

Nothing here yet.

[quote name='h2dk']Has anyone finished the Spartan Ops "Operation Completion" achievement and received an email from Amex? I know it says it could take up to 7 days to receive the email, just curious as to how long it is taking [/QUOTE]

Just to add another data point, I unlocked the Spartan Ops achievement yesterday and dont have an email yet.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I do not see the ad to synch this. Is it no longer available?

EDIT: Figured it out.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to figure this out also. Where is it located on the dashboard now?

[quote name='pharmer_troy']I was trying to figure this out also. Where is it located on the dashboard now?[/QUOTE]

go to games, then browse..you will see it on the bottom right

I've been getting AMEX mail offers every month for a while and finally applied since there was a nice cashback offer of $250 back after $1000 spent in first 3 months.

does anyone know if that offer will still apply to my account if I do the xbox sync etc? I'll sync this weekend.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I've been getting AMEX mail offers every month for a while and finally applied since there was a nice cashback offer of $250 back after $1000 spent in first 3 months.

does anyone know if that offer will still apply to my account if I do the xbox sync etc? I'll sync this weekend.[/QUOTE]
You'll be fine -- your signup bonus offer does not interfere with Amex Sync offers

Just to be safe make sure you spend $1000+ after counting your Sync bonuses since they post it as a credit to your account. If you charge a $1000 and had $50 in Sync promo credit then the system may think you only spent $950 so its safer to charge $1000 + whatever Sync credits you're getting ($1000 + $50 Sync = $1050 so in this example charge $1050+ just to be safe)

The American Dream, getting paid for playing XBOX :)) I would have missed this offer so thank you very very much for posting this. EZ 35$ :))

[quote name='pbnate88']How long did it take you guys to beat the spec ops mission for $50 off? Want to buy some stuff from best buy[/QUOTE]

10 minutes, but it could take 7 days to be "credited" for it

Signed up on the first day this was posted and I just got my $10 credit now. Still haven't opened my copy of Halo 4 yet.

Got the achievement for the Spec Ops mission... still no e-mail yet but I know it can take a few days... hoping to use it with the iPad Mini and 3X Rewardzone poitns deal

[quote name='JaTaN']You'll be fine -- your signup bonus offer does not interfere with Amex Sync offers

Just to be safe make sure you spend $1000+ after counting your Sync bonuses since they post it as a credit to your account. If you charge a $1000 and had $50 in Sync promo credit then the system may think you only spent $950 so its safer to charge $1000 + whatever Sync credits you're getting ($1000 + $50 Sync = $1050 so in this example charge $1050+ just to be safe)[/QUOTE]

I'll likely spend over $1000 anyway.

I entered the access code on xbl and synced my card. Is the $10 credit for syncing automatically "completed" once I've synced? I see the offer ad but it doesn't have a check mark like the Halo 4 offer ad (which I haven't done but have registered for the offer).

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I'll likely spend over $1000 anyway.

I entered the access code on xbl and synced my card. Is the $10 credit for syncing automatically "completed" once I've synced? I see the offer ad but it doesn't have a check mark like the Halo 4 offer ad (which I haven't done but have registered for the offer).[/QUOTE]

You have to then go back to the 360 "app" (click on the offer) and activate/load it to your card

So I got my Bluebird card today and it synced fine with my xbox, but if I try to use it with facebook, twitter, or foursquare it says that prepaid cards dont work with it. How odd.

A question about the $50 back from Best Buy. Can I buy something with store credit and then put $100 of the purchase on my Amex card? Seems like that would be fine.

I want the $50 off $100 bby thing. How much would of the game would I have to play to get to the spartan ops mission? How long is the mission? Can I do it on single player or do I need to do it on co-op/multiplayer? (I may borrow the game from someone for few hrs just for this mission)

[quote name='nas6034']I want the $50 off $100 bby thing. How much would of the game would I have to play to get to the spartan ops mission? How long is the mission? Can I do it on single player or do I need to do it on co-op/multiplayer? (I may borrow the game from someone for few hrs just for this mission)[/QUOTE]

It takes about 10 minutes to complete the first mission and you can do it by yourself.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']A question about the $50 back from Best Buy. Can I buy something with store credit and then put $100 of the purchase on my Amex card? Seems like that would be fine.[/QUOTE]
Doesnt matter as long as a $100.00+ charge is posted to your card

If you have doubts or if you dont have $100+ to spend after your store credit then just buy a $100 BB gift card first and use whatever amount of that GC on your purchase

[quote name='dusbbal2008']It takes about 10 minutes to complete the first mission and you can do it by yourself.[/QUOTE]

Honestly the easiest way to do it is to hop into a random game. I suck at halo. Had 6 deaths and 5 kills.

bread's done
Back