Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yuyak']Your way would also help alleviate the fact that people on the east coast would get a 3hr head-start on people on the west coast.[/QUOTE]

And yeah, there is that too. Basically, even if it is done legit under the current rules, it is only going to be people in the Eastern time zone that win.

But yeah, the rest of the promo is pretty damn nice. Like I said before, I had the game preordered anyway (and might not even get it on release day anyway since I have it preordered at Amazon). But this will get me to play the game which I probably would not have done any time soon otherwise.

Man nice deals for anyone picking up Halo 4.

My gf and I both have Amex cards on the same account. They are different card numbers however. Can we do this twice? As in get the $10, $25 and the $50 off BBY with two different gamertags and two different Amex card numbers. The statement is shared though.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']
Why? There's nothing in the rules that says you have to buy the game on November 6, so why would they be disqualified? There would be nothing to explain, your own morally imposed rules notwithstanding. Also, to be clear, there is nothing prohibiting you from buying the game early--street date restrictions are placed on retailers to prevent them from selling early and, in the vast majority of instances, are not designed to punish players who play early.[/QUOTE]

Except that because of the Halo 4 leak Microsoft has warned than anyone playing the game online or offline before the game comes out (assuming a little bit before because of midnight launches etc) will be banned.

D. Availability/Limitations on Liability/Disclaimer of Warranties

AXP reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to suspend, cancel or terminate your eligibility to participate in the Program, any Offer(s), registration for any Offer(s) and fulfillment of any Offer(s) for any reason, with or without notice, including, without limitation, if AXP determines or otherwise suspects that you have engaged in improper, unlawful or other activity in violation of the law or otherwise not in conformance with this Agreement.

You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, equipment (including without limitation an Xbox 360 console), and services needed to access and use a Registration Page or the Program. AXP, its licensed issuers, agencies, participating merchants, third party service providers, internet service providers, and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively with AXP, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any aspect of any Offer, including, without limitation, incorrect or inaccurate information associated with or utilized in an Offer; (2) any transmission delays, interruptions, omissions, deletions, defects, or failures of any kind resulting in suspension of an Offer, a Registration Page, the Program or otherwise, including, without limitation, equipment or system malfunctions, performance degradations, service interruptions, or disconnections or disruptions in phone lines, network hardware or software or Internet connectivity; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the purchase process, an Offer or the Program; or (4) computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, technical or non-technical, or human or other errors or omissions or computer viruses or damage which may occur in connection with the administration of an Offer, a Registration Page or the Program or the processing of your registration for or fulfillment of an Offer. If any of the foregoing occurs, your sole remedy shall be to terminate this Agreement.

THE PROGRAM, THE REGISTRATION PAGES AND THE OFFER(S) ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AXP SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE OFFER(S), AND DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE OFFER(S) OR THE PROGRAM, ACCESS TO AND REGISTRATION ON A REGISTRATION PAGE, AND USE OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR OFFERS OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE OFFER(S).

This paragraph D shall survive termination of this Agreement.

Sure seems like they can.

The horrible odds are not going to stop me from taking PTO on the 6th and attempting to be in the top 25, west coast time zone be damned.

Just signed up, synced, and redeemed the $10 credit: already worth it.

My Costco AMEX card worked just fine. Costco is the only reason I have an AMEX, actually.

So I have a question.

I'm going to use my Dads AmEx card. That link, he puts in all his info then on my Xbox I should get something right? A code?

Doesn't have to be same name etc?

Signed up my amex card and also my gf's on my second gamertag. Not sure why I have it, but its got 90 pts on it for some reason.

Now the question is if I want to play Halo 4 a second time and just blast through the story again to get $25.

If this promotion goes smoothly I might actually spend $100 at Bestbuy even though I have a ton of credit there. $50 off aint bad.

If I preorder 2 games and pay them off will they show on my CC statement as $120 and therefore get the $50 cash back? That plus the $20 gift card for GCU makes that a pretty good deal.

I'll have to tell my parents, maybe create them gamertags and then sign them up so they can get some $10 each free. I guess do a spartan op mission if they want the best buy cash back.

Damn I wish Sony or other CCs would do deals like this. Pretty sure all I have is Visa. Getting money back for an achievement is awesome. I'd actually play the games I buy if that were the norm.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I'm more surprised that you found a retailer that accepts American Express.[/QUOTE]

Any major company accepts Amex, its only small businesses and "cheap" places that dont. Amex gives the best cash back I feel for no anual fee cards and therefore sends that cost onto the retailer. So their fees are higher and a lot of merchants wont take it.

But if you are an adult CAG you need at least a Visa and Amex card that gives cash back or some form of rewards. Amex for all the time cash back (Most people have one from Costco) and then the Visa for the retailers than dont take Amex.

My Visa statement is about 10% of my Amex statement. Amex is accepted nearly everywhere now other than small businesses and everywhere online.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I'm more surprised that you found a retailer that accepts American Express.[/QUOTE]

Almost everyone around here takes it. If they don't take it, I don't shop there. I have gotten a few a places to start taking it after speaking to the owner about it.

What it's 2012? Unless your some small mom and pop, Almost everybody accepts Amex. It's the best credit card company by far especially the customer service, extended warranties, and they accept refunds on items purchased with your card.

So I want to be sure I am reading it right but it seems like the BBY credit needs to wait for confirmation that you qualify and then you can spend the money. It might be the first thing I do then is to complete a Spartan Ops mission because I would buy FC3 and Hitman. It would be nice to get both for $35 + $20 RZ cert. ($10 +$25 + $50 credits).

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Signed up my amex card and also my gf's on my second gamertag. Not sure why I have it, but its got 90 pts on it for some reason.

Now the question is if I want to play Halo 4 a second time and just blast through the story again to get $25.

If this promotion goes smoothly I might actually spend $100 at Bestbuy even though I have a ton of credit there. $50 off aint bad.

If I preorder 2 games and pay them off will they show on my CC statement as $120 and therefore get the $50 cash back? That plus the $20 gift card for GCU makes that a pretty good deal.

I'll have to tell my parents, maybe create them gamertags and then sign them up so they can get some $10 each free. I guess do a spartan op mission if they want the best buy cash back.[/QUOTE]

Someone answer this I'd like to know too

Man, wish Serve would work. Even though it's $85 free (my brother in law is likely to buy the game), it's not enough incentive to get an Amex card when I already have Chase Freedom... Doubt I would have the credit to get an Amex card that has similar or better rewards than the Freedom either.

So I didn't see this asked yet - it says qualifying card, is there a particular type of card you have to get? And more importantly, does Amex charge an annual fee? I'm honestly considering signing up for one just for this deal.

[quote name='sinned47']Can you link then unlink your card?[/QUOTE]

If you do it will disqualify you from the offer but yes it does allow you to unlink the card.

[quote name='finstersucks']What it's 2012? Unless your some small mom and pop, Almost everybody accepts Amex. It's the best credit card company by far especially the customer service, extended warranties, and they accept refunds on items purchased with your card.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I love Amex. But to that other person's comment, I completely understand why some people think Amex is not widely accepted. It totally depends on where they live, where they shop, how they pay, etc. I have friends who live closeby who are confused as well. They're just so used to Visa/MC.

[quote name='argyle']So I didn't see this asked yet - it says qualifying card, is there a particular type of card you have to get? And more importantly, does Amex charge an annual fee? I'm honestly considering signing up for one just for this deal.[/QUOTE]

I know my Amex card doesn't charge an annual fee. It's a cash back one, too.

I'm curious how Amex knows we've unlocked that achievement. I have my privacy settings hiding my game history cuz I got tired of randoms looking at my achievements and accusing me of hacking. I suppose there might be some sort of equivalent to bungie.net that would show in-game achievements???

I love my AMEX card. I doubles as my Costco card, and gives 3% back on gas, 2% on restaurants and travel, and 1% on everything else.

[quote name='CaseX']
I'm curious how Amex knows we've unlocked that achievement. I have my privacy settings hiding my game history cuz I got tired of randoms looking at my achievements and accusing me of hacking. I suppose there might be some sort of equivalent to bungie.net that would show in-game achievements???[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that by "syncing" the accounts - Microsoft can probably send the achievement information directly to American Express. Either that, or American Express has the right to query your achievements based on the linked account.

So I have had a Delta Sky Miles Card for 8 years. I have been paying a fee every year for that card (stupid) so I decided to call today to see if I can get it removed. The CS rep was awesome. She moved my account to a Blue Cash Everyday Card with no annual fee. It has 3% cash back at U.S. stand-alone supermarkets, 2% cash back on gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, 2% cash back at select major department stores; and 1% cash back on other purchases which is way better than the Delta card. I used to be able to put my rent on my AMEX so I had a ton of miles I used to travel to Hawaii and Alaska but I am not traveling much right now so this is way better. The best thing is my account # does not change so I can keep my synced card as is. Otherwise I was thinking of just cancelling the card since it would have cost me $95 just to get the $85 on this deal.

This might not be a question anyone can answer here but do purchases made on bestbuy.com qualify for the spend $100, get $50 promotion? There are a couple things I'd pick up if so.

[quote name='WTPolaris']This might not be a question anyone can answer here but do purchases made on bestbuy.com qualify for the spend $100, get $50 promotion? There are a couple things I'd pick up if so.[/QUOTE]

Well AMEX did a Twitter sync deal with Best Buy in March for $10 credit with $10 purchase and it was for in store or online. Not sure if this deal has a stipulation or not. I ordered online with the twitter deal and it worked no problems. Once we can activate the deal hopefully it will tell us more.

I see if you live in Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Vermont, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions you are screwed out of the grand prize.

Is there a trick to get this to pop up on the dash? I'm not seeing it anywhere.. Do you have to be a Gold member? (I actually have a couple prepaid cards waiting for the right time to use, this would be it if it's time...)

edit: nevermind, found it after I went through with registering and it said to go to the Browse Games tile...

[quote name='Justin42']Is there a trick to get this to pop up on the dash? I'm not seeing it anywhere.. Do you have to be a Gold member? (I actually have a couple prepaid cards waiting for the right time to use, this would be it if it's time...)

edit: nevermind, found it after I went through with registering and it said to go to the Browse Games tile...[/QUOTE]

What did you register? Gold?

[quote name='uEih']What did you register? Gold?[/QUOTE]

I signed up with a gold account and silver. Its in the games section not the main dash.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Someone answer this I'd like to know too[/QUOTE]

Anyone find anything out regarding this. It was about if preordering two games and paying them off at time of purchase would count for the offer. The statement would say Bestbuy and $120 so I dont see why that wouldn't be a purchase. What about gift card? I honestly haven't looked at the terms though, might give them a look and see.

I had trouble finding it myself. here is the instructions from the email they send:

1. Go to the Games section of the Xbox 360 dashboard and click on the Browse Games tile
2. Click on the American Express digital experience tile
3. Allow Microsoft to share your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, if you haven't
already, and enter this Access Code. This Access Code will identify you
to Microsoft as an American Express Cardmember and may allow Microsoft
to know which offers you add to your Card

Do you guys think it would be too late to sign up for an AMEX card and get in on this deal? Assuming I have good enough credit that is. If not what is the best or fastest way to sign up?

Never played a Halo game save for a few minutes of Reach. Considering what a rockin deal this is with a bby preorder and the motivation to finish the game, would Halo 4 be a good place to start or is my inner deal monster just trying to get the better of me?

I love how all the young gamers on gamefaqs are complaining about this promotion since they can't get AMEX cards :D

AMEX is miles ahead of the competition when it comes to social media promotions. I love the twitter cash back deals.

[quote name='Stimes']Do you guys think it would be too late to sign up for an AMEX card and get in on this deal? Assuming I have good enough credit that is. If not what is the best or fastest way to sign up?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it is too late to signup and participate in the promotion, but I doubt it. You should definitely signup ASAP. IIRC they call you a couple of minutes after you apply to tell you whether you are going to be approved or not, and you'll get your card within the week. Also, you get at least $100 cashback after you spend your first $1,000 using the card (you have like 3 months to spend the $1000).

I use 3 cashback credit cards, the AMEX Blue Cash, Discover More, and Chase Freedom. Both the Discover and Chase have rotating 5% cashback categories, so I always use those before AMEX for the eligible purchases. AMEX is great the rest of the year for gas and groceries, when Chase and Discover aren't offering 5% cashback for those categories. The other card I could get to earn even more cashback would be the Capital One Cash Rewards MasterCard that Jimmy Fallon advertises. You get 1.5% cashback on all purchases using that card rather than the base 1.0% cashback Discover, Chase, and AMEX offer.

signed up. What is the best way to get the best bang for the buck? Will BBY be having a B2G1 free within the next 2 ad cycles?

Maybe we should add to the OP that after syncing the AMEX card to your Gamertag that users still need to activate and load the offers on the dashboard options?

[quote name='Dysheekie']Between the 20 dollar pre-order credit from Best Buy, and this -- there's a lot of incentive to buy Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, I pre-ordered Halo 4 yesterday and Besy Buy already shipped the game. Delivery estimate is 11/8. Pretty legit deal.

bread's done
Back