Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably missed this, but is there a time frame to spend $100 after beating halo? Thinking of buying halo/cod together to get the $100 spend and then beating halo

[quote name='sasuke543']Do you have to be a gold live member to participate in this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I was able to sign up as Silver. As mentioned the offer is hiding on the Games blade (whatever they're called now), not in the main Dash areas.

Thanks OP. Signed up for this after I realized I had a Macy's Amex card I never use and would finally come in handy. As a side note I got a phishing email the next day saying my Amex account had been compromised and frozen and had a link to a form asking for all sorts of personal info. Bravo on the timing...:applause:

[quote name='tigerpants']I keep getting that the server is unable to verify my card. It's not over is it?[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me right now on my iPhone. I'll try again tomorrow

[quote name='Xiemos']Can the first 2 achievements be done in co-op and still get the Amex Reward?[/QUOTE]

Good question - I hope so. I mean, I assume getting the achievements qualifies you for the promo no matter how you got them (legitimately that is). But the question is can you get those particular achievements in coop? I would only ever play Halo coop with my son so I'm kind of counting on it - at least the one for completing the game.

I wonder if you have multiple cards if you can get away with getting the achievements on alternate profiles. I know you can do the twitter sync promos with separate cards.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Same happened to me right now on my iPhone. I'll try again tomorrow[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I got that error on my ineligible AMEX cards; site worked fine when I put in my eligible ones.

Used my Costco Amex to sign up. Awesome deal. I can't wait to get the best buy one. I was going to buy Office 2010 today but now I'll wait.

Anyone think if you buy a $100 giftcard at BBY it should work? The twitter deal they had last year allowed it. I just figured it was the safest way to do this since any items you buy with the gc could be price matched or returned without worrying about dipping below the $100 threshold.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone think if you buy a $100 giftcard at BBY it should work? The twitter deal they had last year allowed it. I just figured it was the safest way to do this since any items you buy with the gc could be price matched or returned without worrying about dipping below the $100 threshold.[/QUOTE]
With any Amex Sync offer they only care about the final charge that posts to your card so it doesnt matter what you buy (they dont get a list of what items you bought from the retailer, they just look at the transaction amount charged to your card)

Once you activate the $50 off $100 BBY offer -- as long as you have a $100.00+ charge on your card from BBY, you'll get the $50 credit (doesn't matter what you buy)

If you're ordering multiple items online be careful since they may ship & charge the items separately -- lets say you order 2 items for $50 + $60 = $110, if they both ship together then BBY will charge your card $110 and you're good, but if they ship separately then you'll see the $50 & $60 charges separately on your card and that won't trigger the bonus

Stupid question but what is the catch? Obviously AMEX already has your personal details since you're their member but this just adds your GT to their database?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone think if you buy a $100 giftcard at BBY it should work? The twitter deal they had last year allowed it. I just figured it was the safest way to do this since any items you buy with the gc could be price matched or returned without worrying about dipping below the $100 threshold.[/QUOTE]

Nice one. Or I might just buy an Amazon gift card since that is as good as cash.

[quote name='Kendro']Stupid question but what is the catch? Obviously AMEX already has your personal details since you're their member but this just adds your GT to their database?[/QUOTE]
Amex is big on social media and they're great at giving promos to their customers -- they alrdy have Sync for Twitter, FB, Foursquare and now Xbox, plus they do Small Business Saturday which is coming up and they had the Gift Chain thing last year which will hopefully return this year (they give out random prizes for purchases at specific retailers, last year I spent $400-450 buying a bunch of gift cards and got back $250-$300 in statement credits and gift cards lol)

Amex will probably make ~$5 billion in profit this year so spending tens of millions on promos isn't a big deal for them (happy customers = more they'll use the card for everyday purchases and more people will recommend them to friends/family) plus Amex has higher merchant processing fees so they make more money in transactions than Visa/Mastercard so they can offer better promos and card benefits

Discover is similar to Amex (higher merchant fees than Visa/MC), but they're not big on social media -- they give rotating 5% cash back categories and ShopDiscover has pretty good cash back offers. Discover also sends out random spend offers -- they just sent me an offer for $250 bonus cash if I spend $1500/month for 5 months (Nov-Mar). The $250 bonus will be on top of the cash back I normally get so thats a big plus (they have 5% for online shopping until Dec) plus you can redeem rewards for discounted gift cards (they have gift cards for 10-20% off) so it makes their cash back rewards worth more than face value

[quote name='JaTaN']Amex is big on social media and they're great at giving promos to their customers -- they alrdy have Sync for Twitter, FB, Foursquare and now Xbox, plus they do Small Business Saturday which is coming up and they had the Gift Chain thing last year which will hopefully return this year (they give out random prizes for purchases at specific retailers, last year I spent $400-450 buying a bunch of gift cards and got back $250-$300 in statement credits and gift cards lol)

Amex will probably make ~$5 billion in profit this year so spending tens of millions on promos isn't a big deal for them (happy customers = more they'll use the card for everyday purchases and more people will recommend them to friends/family) plus Amex has higher merchant processing fees so they make more money in transactions than Visa/Mastercard so they can offer better promos and card benefits

Discover is similar to Amex (higher merchant fees than Visa/MC), but they're not big on social media -- they give rotating 5% cash back categories and ShopDiscover has pretty good cash back offers. Discover also sends out random spend offers -- they just sent me an offer for $250 bonus cash if I spend $1500/month for 5 months (Nov-Mar). The $250 bonus will be on top of the cash back I normally get so thats a big plus (they have 5% for online shopping until Dec) plus you can redeem rewards for discounted gift cards (they have gift cards for 10-20% off) so it makes their cash back rewards worth more than face value[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both cards. It pays (literally) to have good credit and thus gain prime cards like AMEX and Discover.

I always sign up for Discover's 5% (along with Chase Freedom) and take part in AMEX's promos as well like the small merchants. I just thought it was odd that you had to sync up your XBL GT to the card.

yeah it works. the past two amex best buy $20 back on $200 purchase, i have gotten my $20 back on best buy gift cards. if you sync up correctly they will send you an email with 5 minutes.

Do you have to buy the game from BestBuy for this? Or can I get it from NewEgg with their preorder discount for $48 and still get the $35 credit for beating the game/syncing AMEX card?

[quote name='golfing7861']Do you have to buy the game from BestBuy for this? Or can I get it from NewEgg with their preorder discount for $48 and still get the $35 credit for beating the game/syncing AMEX card?[/QUOTE]

You can even borrow the game and beat it and it will still count. I just synced my card 5 minutes ago, unlocked the $10 sync offer, and already got an email stating I will get the $10 credit.

[quote name='Kendro']You can even borrow the game and beat it and it will still count. I just synced my card 5 minutes ago, unlocked the $10 sync offer, and already got an email stating I will get the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

This deal is soo awesome :)

I wasn't going to get Halo with all the other games coming out, but this justifies it!

[quote name='Kendro']You can even borrow the game and beat it and it will still count. I just synced my card 5 minutes ago, unlocked the $10 sync offer, and already got an email stating I will get the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten an email yet. I synced the card, unlocked it on the dashboard and everything...

[quote name='tigerpants']I keep getting that the server is unable to verify my card. It's not over is it?[/QUOTE]

OK it just worked with me, ubuntu chrome with a citi amex card, so it should work with anything, looks like it was just a glitch last night. Thanks for posting this.

I'm having a hard time finding the amex on the dashboard.. I went to games and browse games but couldn't find the box anywhere. I'm currently a silver member if that matters.

[quote name='uEih']I'm having a hard time finding the amex on the dashboard.. I went to games and browse games but couldn't find the box anywhere. I'm currently a silver member if that matters.[/QUOTE]

You need to sign up with the link in the OP first.

[quote name='Kendro']You need to sign up with the link in the OP first.[/QUOTE]

Yea i did that and i got the code to enter into the xbox but i cannot find the amex box at all.

[quote name='uEih']Yea i did that and i got the code to enter into the xbox but i cannot find the amex box at all.[/QUOTE]

go to games section and browse all games should be on the lower right advertisment

Sorry about the delay for a response on the bluebird card but
Dear [removed]:

Congratulations on syncing your Card ending in [removed] with
Xbox 360! You'll receive a one-time $10 statement credit just for syncing!
Expect a statement credit within 8 weeks.* See offer terms at
http://amexbox.com/OfferTerms

To unlock additional exclusive content, offers and more, go to the
Browse Games tile in the Games section of the Xbox 360 dashboard
and click on the American Express digital experience tile.

See Program Terms at
https://sync.americanexpress.com/Partner/Terms

A little frustrated - signed up for this last week, received my code via email, but the code doesn't work when I enter it on the dash.

I sent an email to their tech support, who told me it wasn't there area, and I should trying calling phone support. :/ I've had my Amex for 5+ years, this is a bit frustrating.

Edit: After talking to their customer support folks, they don't know why it's broken, and are going to get back to me about the offer. :/

[quote name='Demonkadar']Sorry about the delay for a response on the bluebird card but[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be disapointed, though this deal alone makes me want to get an AMEX card. In other words it's a dangerous deal lol.

I wonder if this works with a SERVE pre-paid card which is also AMEX.

http://www.serve.com/load25

I have one from a deal last Feb. and got $10 just for signing up. It's balance is now just under $1 and I've got no bank account or other cards linked with it.

Edit: I've gone back and read more of the thread. It seems like SERVE doesn't qualify. That link up there is still pretty good in itself -- for a NEW Serve user.

*sigh*

Amex sent me an email saying the sync code they gave me had an error, so they sent me a new code, but assured me that they loaded all the Halo 4 offers and the 10 dollar statement to my account. Of course the new code they sent me isn't working, so I'm lost. If it doesn't work tomorrow I'm going to call CS.

[quote name='chickenbutt']This has nothing to do with the Xbox and Halo stuff, but you can also sync your AMEX to Facebook for $25 back for $100+ at Costco, $10 back for $25 at California Pizza Kitchen, and $50 back for $200+ at Henri Bendel.
https://www.facebook.com/americanexpress/app_216352075054740[/QUOTE]

I did this after seeing your post only to find out the Costco offer is for Costco.com only - not in store. In store would have been a no-brainer, but I rarely shop at costco.com. I could have used this last year, though, when I bought an exercise bike from there.

I can probably use the CPK one, though, next time I take the kids to see a movie (there is a CPK right next to the nice movie theater).

[quote name='yokofox33']*sigh*

Amex sent me an email saying the sync code they gave me had an error, so they sent me a new code, but assured me that they loaded all the Halo 4 offers and the 10 dollar statement to my account. Of course the new code they sent me isn't working, so I'm lost. If it doesn't work tomorrow I'm going to call CS.[/QUOTE]

Received same email.

Also, didn't read entire thread, but basically East coast gets 3 hour head start on Lone Wolf? that sucks for us on the West.

I emailed their CS, here's the autoreply:

Thank you for your inquiry. A Customer Service Representative will get
back to you within 2 business days.

Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday (excluding holidays)
8:30 - 5:30 EST
cool beans.

[quote name='mewarmo990']Ooh, thanks for sharing!

Glad I don't feel any pressure to solo Legendary. I get paid to go to E3 every year :p[/QUOTE]

What do you do, pardner?

[quote name='io']I did this after seeing your post only to find out the Costco offer is for Costco.com only - not in store. In store would have been a no-brainer, but I rarely shop at costco.com. I could have used this last year, though, when I bought an exercise bike from there.

I can probably use the CPK one, though, next time I take the kids to see a movie (there is a CPK right next to the nice movie theater).[/QUOTE] If it's like any other facebook/twitter sync+save offers, purchase of giftcards SHOULD qualify. I purchased $100 worth of Costco gift card that can be used at the B&M stores.

[quote name='yuyak']If it's like any other facebook/twitter sync+save offers, purchase of giftcards SHOULD qualify. I purchased $100 worth of Costco gift card that can be used at the B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

Can you confirm you got the statement credit? If so I would definitely do this.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']This thread is dead, so I guess everyone is going for the grand prize ;)[/QUOTE]
I guess this applies to the whole cag forum. But if some crazy deal pops up tonight we won't have much competition. :lol:

bread's done
Back