Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

I scored

:gc:
Complete LOZ TP for $8

and incomplete LOZ 4Swords...guess what was missing? the disk. The lady accidentally gave me Wind Waker. Oh well i already have the game and all i really wanted was the case.

this morning i hit up a pawn shop where all their 360 games were 10 bucks a piece, including the 2 i got, fallout 3 and fable 2. i was pretty happy with that find.

i found two pawn shops in my tiny little podunk PA town, so i went to check them out today.

one was closed. i'll visit that one tomorrow!

one was open, and run by two very large men who were discussing football in their very large voices. i didn't think they had much of a selection, but i discovered a small three-level bookshelf in the back with PS2/Xbox/PS1 games.
managed to score myself complete copies of Final Fantasy VII (GH) and Parasite Eve 2 (broken case) for $10 total.
this pawn shoppin' is fun!

[quote name='chimpster1313']this morning i hit up a pawn shop where all their 360 games were 10 bucks a piece, including the 2 i got, fallout 3 and fable 2. i was pretty happy with that find.[/quote]

I dont know why people buy new games and then trade them in, my Pawnshop seems to get tons of 2 week to a month old games. Makes for great trade fodder to Block Buster.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']This was at Better than a Pawn Shop. Its not a chain just a single store. They give $1 per guide. Guitar hero and tactics ogre were both $10 and I offered both for $15 and he took it.[/quote]

Wow they give $1 per guide, mine dosent even give that for a game, I was looking for games yesterday and they gave a guy $15 for 14 PS2 games and 4 DVDs!!

Made a quckstop at a pawn today in between classes, bought a few $2 DVD movies and

Zelda Twilight Princess NGC Complete - $6
Ninja Gaiden 2 360, Complete w/ Slipcase - $18

First time I have seen NG2 at a pawn, jumped on that pretty quick

[quote name='drktrpr1']Wow, $10 bucks each for fallout and fable 2?

*goes to find pawn shop*[/quote]

yeah, dude. it's in ohio. if you actually live in ohio, i'll tell ya. otherwise it's just dumb. gotta save SOME of these hot deals for myself and not out of staters, haha.

but yeah, the selection was average to great. to offset fallout 3 and fable 2 there was kengo, madden 06 and 07, don king prizefighter (which i almost also picked up) and an rpg game, enchanted arms i think. if it had been eternal sonata, that would've been the third buy. i'm gonna check back every now and then and hope he's gotten more in.

so i went to the pawn shop that was closed the other day during my excursion and found marvel vs capcom 2 (xbox,) mint and complete, for $7.
why didn't i start doing this sooner?

I keep meaning to try the one pawnshop in my town, but for some reason I keep putting it off. Maybe I can get lucky and run into several rare games for like 8 bucks a piece lol

I went to my favorite pawn shop today and got...

$5.35- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes(complete & in very good condition)
$5.35- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem(complete & there was a powdery residue from being refinished, but at least they did a good job)
:dvd:
$2.14- Silent Hill(NEW & factory sealed)

pawn by me is having a huige black fridayt deal, told me Blu Rays should be reduced from their $15 new , $10 used price. For some reason, they are loaded with shelves full of new and used blu rays, I hope I can make it to pick a few up, Here hop[ing for a $5 price point.

Yesterday my favorite pawn shop had a Black Friday sale and I got...

$3.50-Super Smash Bros.: Melee(no manual, very good condition)
$3.50-Luigi's Mansion(complete, very good condition)
$3.50-Resident Evil(in better condition than my current copy)

The lady ahead of me in line had :gc:Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II in amongst a huge pile of dvd's.fuck If only I had left the house 5 minutes earlier.

Today I made up for that loss by going to a shop that I have not been to in a while and got...

:ps2:
$6.99- Fatal Frame(complete, original print, and flawless):D

I have had Fatal Frame II for about six months, and now I can finally start playing the series.:bouncy:

Walked in a Pawnshop the other day, saw games such as MDK for the PS1: 15.99, Motor Storm for PS3: 49.99. Then I saw the kicker...

Boxed N64 System.....249.99

I left on that note.

Picked up Pokemon Pearl DS $10
360 Wireless Networking Adapter + manual $20
3 movies
Ghost Rider 2 disc w/slipcover
The Prestige w/slipcover
Talladega Nights
Walking Tall (disc only) was in Ghost Rider, guy let me keep it
All for $40 out the door

Nice little find today, a game I've never seen at a pawn

Vanguard Bandits, PSOne Comp, $7 w/ lunar 2 Demo

pretty good rarity, always a pleasure to find WD RPGs

I've gotten tons of deals, but I'll just stick to the rarity finds. I'm not much of a collector, so I usually sell them after I'm done... I'll add those selling values too.

Bought/Sold
-Fatal Frame $5/$50
-Clock Tower 2 $2/$45
-Evangelion Movie Pack $5/$65
-MGS: Twin Snakes $5/$65 (bit of a fluke... interest in the game was high right before MGS4 hit which is why it sold so well)
-Bunch of Neo Geo Stuff $300/Still Selling: Currently $600 with lots to go

There's plenty more, I know I'm forgetting some good steals but these were the only ones I could only think at the moment and am the proudest of(especially since FF and NGE were specifically on my mind the day before I went to the local pawn shops)

Walked in a Pawnshop the other day, saw games such as MDK for the PS1: 15.99, Motor Storm for PS3: 49.99. Then I saw the kicker...

Boxed N64 System.....249.99

I left on that note.

Yuck. There's a PS in West Virgina where they individually mark all of their games... I don't know what guidelines they're using but they're almost all > than gamestop and ebay prices. It's very frusterating since they have alot of good stuff there, especially gamecube-wise.

Yesterday I got...
$4.00- Ys: The Ark of Napishtim(complete, disc in good shape)

:xbox:
$4.00- Obscure(no manual, in beat up generic dvd case)

Today at a pawn shop near Tacoma, WA I found:

Saints Row 2: $20

aaaaaaaaaaaaand:
3148779483_2e5fc7d7fa.jpg

for $10

Thank you to all for putting the idea in my head to look in pawn shops.

Wow, My Pawn has'nt gotten any good games in since gas prices went down. the only thing i have found was a box of 2600 carts.

About the best deal I'd ever gotten from a pawn was a lightly used Gamecube for $75 years ago... when they were still like $150 new (or more).

Lately everyone seems to mark stuff higher than ever...

Today I got...
Suikoden III-$4.99 (complete, good condition)
Suikoden IV-$4.99 (complete, minor manual damage)
Suikoden V-$4.99 (complete, very good)
Suikoden Tactics-$4.99 (complete, very good)
Champions Of Norrath-$4.99 (complete, has swirl marks from Disc Doctor)
Final Fantasy XII-$4.99 (complete, near perfect)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II-$4.99 (complete, very good) :D

Not great but I managed to find and grab.
:ps3:
Uncharted $20
Resistance 2 $30
Singstar Pop $10
SNES
Earthbound $5

There's one pawn shop in my area and it's pretty dry since I hit it up weekly.

but I just realized they've had this rare nes game for about a year-- Dusty Diamond's Softball. I bought it for $2, might flip it for $20 or so on ebay.

also got a $6.99 gamecube memory card 251. Can always use more official gcn mem cards.

got 3 dvd's

waiting 2-disc unrated
army of darkness 2-disc limited edition (oop)
near dark 2-disc deluxe edition (i believe also, oop)

they also had a copy of yanya caballista for ps2, but i didn't get it. is that a rare game worth flipping or not? if so, i'll definitely go back for it.

[quote name='dz00mb1e']Where do you guys find these pawn shops? I'm completely clueless of finding one from where I live.[/quote]

Google maps is the main way. (Pawn near XXXX, XX, for example.)

i got a search of like 10 pawn shots using that Google maps method.. funny thing is 8 of them are like pawn shops for jewelry and crap

[quote name='ninja dog']There's one pawn shop in my area and it's pretty dry since I hit it up weekly.

but I just realized they've had this rare nes game for about a year-- Dusty Diamond's Softball. I bought it for $2, might flip it for $20 or so on ebay.

also got a $6.99 gamecube memory card 251. Can always use more official gcn mem cards.[/QUOTE]

Or sell it to me ;)

[quote name='evilmrhenry']Google maps is the main way. (Pawn near XXXX, XX, for example.)[/quote]

Thanks for your help.

[quote name='timesplitt']i got a search of like 10 pawn shots using that Google maps method.. funny thing is 8 of them are like pawn shops for jewelry and crap[/quote]

Same here. Also, majority of the stores that I looked up are more than a hour drive from my place. I was hoping that I can find one really close to me. Like a town over. Damn, gotta start making phone calls. I don't feel like wasting my gas for nothing.

[quote name='timesplitt']i got a search of like 10 pawn shots using that Google maps method.. funny thing is 8 of them are like pawn shops for jewelry and crap[/quote]

That's pretty much what every pawn shop specializes in... jewelry and crap. :lol:

Just because it says "Jewelry and coins" doesn't mean they don't have video games, give them a call and ask if they sell games, most probably do.

[quote name='mguiddy']That's pretty much what every pawn shop specializes in... jewelry and crap. :lol:

Just because it says "Jewelry and coins" doesn't mean they don't have video games, give them a call and ask if they sell games, most probably do.[/QUOTE]

Jewelry is hot on the market right now so pretty much everyone is advertising that they take in broken gold, etc. That is correct as most of the shops around here will take in pretty much anything of value that is brought in which includes video games and electronics. My point is that you will want to check every shop regardless of what they advertise.

Every pawn shop I've visited in the Raleigh, NC area so far has been crap. I found one place that had 3DO and CD-i games (but nothing else), which was really no help to me.

Got me a copy of COD4 (360) for $10 at my local EZPawn.. they had a copy of Madden09 (360) for $20 bucks but I heard that the game sucks so I passed on it..

Saw a copy of Ninja Gaiden, Zelda (gold cart), and the first Kirby (all NES) for $5 a shot this morning. Seeing NG in the wild was pretty cool.

Picked up a few games to help flavor my collection though..

:xb: Castlevania
:xb: Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel
:xb: Chronicles Of Riddick
:xb: Tenchu

I think I'm past 230 now, but I'm not sure.. The collection continues to grow like a weed.

bread's done
Back