radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

$15 (from $30?)
GBA F-Zero(the newer one)
GBA Mario Golf
GBA Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
GBA Mario & Luigi:SS

GCN Lemony Snicket $9.9X
GCN Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Game-Only) $19.9X

XBX Morrowind: Platinum Hits(NON-GOTY) $6.XX
XBX Blinx 2 $13.XX
XBX Mechassault 2 $13.XX
XBX Men of Valor $13.XX
XBX Tiger Woods 2005 $13.XX

PS2 Final Fantasy X(all 100+ copies :) ) $9.9X

Super Target in Cordova, TN near Memphis had the following:
Rengoku $14.98 (from $29.99)
Mercury $14.98 (from $29.99)
NBA $14.98 (from $29.99)
World Soccer $14.98 (from $29.99)
Gretzky $14.98 (from $29.99)
Tiger Wood Golf $14.98 (from $29.99)
Lumines $19.98 ($39.99)

I bought the last copy of Lumines, but still plenty of the rest left.

Also, the Target in Memphis on Colonial had Ridge Racer for 28 (bleh) and Dynasty Warriors for 15 (ok).

[quote name='buster90']Renogoku was there for $15 I played it for an hour and I got ripped off the game is beyond horrible.[/QUOTE]

I passed on this one tonight for that price, I had a feeling it would suck... I did grab a Darkstalkers tho, same price. There's another one left for our M'gomery CAGs. I also saw 2 copies each of Sprung & Feel the Magic for the same price. I was tempted by FTM...maybe if it drops to $10.

I didn't see a DW, which is the PSP game I really want - I'll check back tomorrow and make sure I didn't overlook it, since I wasn't specifically looking for it at the time.

BTW, our store recently remodeled as well, but all of the clearance games were on an endcap in electronics, as usual. A lot of other PSP games there as well, but their prices weren't spectacular imo. And Suikoden 4 is still "clearanced" at $20. If they ever drop it to an actual clearance price, it's mine (and yes, I scanned it...again...).

Hmm might have to hit up target tomorrow, I really want to get Darkstalkers and maybe re-pick up lumines since I sold it to ebgames a couple months ago for like $26 or something.

The Pasadena and alhambra, ca store had the same items as what Sanjuro and C_A as mention with the exception of
american chopper ps2 9.98
super monkey ball ps2 9.98 (is this one as good as the GC?)
nascar 2005 ps2 14.98
Fifa soccer 2005 ps2 13.98
spyro hero's tail ps2 9.98/XB 13.98
Crash Twinsanity XB 13.98
nba street 2 XB 13.98
tonyhawk underground GC 9.98 (stacks of them)

All the above were in the display case and not the endcaps.
spongebob operation crabby patty PC 2.98
spongebob battle for binkini bottom PC 4.98
j j the jet plane - earn his wings PC 2.48

Plug-n-play 9.98:
Golden nugget
Frogger

First time my Target EVER had anything.

Picked up a lot of PSP games, and saw Street Fighter 2 Anniversary for PS2 for $13.98 but didn't pick it up.

[quote name='roguejedi5']
super monkey ball ps2 9.98 (is this one as good as the GC?)
[/QUOTE]

Insane for not picking it up... I believe it features SMB 1, SMB 2, plus a few extra levels designed just for the "deluxe" version.

Hell, go back and get me one, lol.

Mine has lots of PSP stuff and 3 DS games...I own no handhelds, so I didn't bite...if anyone wants to know what they were and prices, I wrote them down somewhere...

[quote name='Wlogan31']Mine has lots of PSP stuff and 3 DS games...I own no handhelds, so I didn't bite...if anyone wants to know what they were and prices, I wrote them down somewhere...[/QUOTE]

Well duh.

Northridge location in Milwaukee, WI has the following at the clearance rack:

-- Scooby Doo 2 for PC $4.99
-- Zoo Keeper for Nintendo DS $9.98
-- Feel the Magic for Nintendo DS $9.98
-- Robots for Xbox $9.98

[quote name='ryanflucas']Northridge location in Milwaukee, WI has the following at the clearance rack:

-- Scooby Doo 2 for PC $4.99
-- Zoo Keeper for Nintendo DS $9.98
-- Feel the Magic for Nintendo DS $9.98
-- Robots for Xbox $9.98[/QUOTE]

Nothing really worth the trip for me, but thanks for posting this.

I'll try and see if there's anything at the West Allis Target the next time I stop by there.

I know availability is generally YMMV on these deals, but my local Target had a lot of Dynasty Warriors and Darkstalkers in the case the other day while I was there.

My question is: Are the price drops in the computer or are they also YMMV? Should I ask for a scan if they are not on the clearance shelf?

If anyone needs soccer for the PSP I can pick it up for them today. My Target had 4 or 5 in stock for $20. PM me, you pay shipping + cost.

[quote name='alive741']If anyone needs soccer for the PSP I can pick it up for them today. My Target had 4 or 5 in stock for $20. PM me, you pay shipping + cost.[/QUOTE]

Yep, because Soccer is always a hot-seller stateside. :D

If anyone could get an extra Darkstalker I would be happy to buy/trade for it. I have been to about 10 target stores with no luck. I have found most of the other PSP games on clearance so if you want to make a trade let me know.

Damn, my target sucks! They never have any games on clearance. I went today during my lunch break and they had most of the PSP games previously listed, but they were all in the case at their normal price.

If anyone can pick me up one of those $14.98 copies of Dynasty Warriors or Dark Stalkers, I'd definitely pay cost + Shipping + a little extra for the trouble. I also have a $21.64 EB gift card I can trade if anyone is interested in that.

PM me if you can help me out...Thanks!

The Target in Poughkeepsie, NY didn't seem to have anything on clearance (I was looking for PS2 Super Monkey Ball Deluxe) but they did have a descent price drop on Tekken 5. ($29.99)

Found some clearence games at the Lemont Target. They had Darkstalkers, NBA, NHL, Tiger Woods, and Ridge Racer (all PSP). Darkstalkers and NHL were $14.98 and the rest were $20 or above.

Also, not a clearence, but Total Overdose for PS2 was $19.99. Pretty quick drop on what is supposed to be a pretty decent game.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Found some clearence games at the Lemont Target. They had Darkstalkers, NBA, NHL, Tiger Woods, and Ridge Racer (all PSP). Darkstalkers and NHL were $14.98 and the rest were $20 or above.

Also, not a clearence, but Total Overdose for PS2 was $19.99. Pretty quick drop on what is supposed to be a pretty decent game.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was just in a new Target here in Allen Park, Michigan earlier today and didn't even look at the games hard enough to see if they had anything worth buying because I would pick up Total Overdose for $19.99. I must look out for it the next time I go to Target.

In the coming Sunday inserts, Target's holiday catalog is out, and there are two coupons which expire on 11/23:

$5 off any GC game priced at $29.99 or more
$5 off any PS2 game priced at $29.99 or more

No Xbox love.

My first really good pickups.

The first is ok. I got Mario Gold: Toadstool Tour for 12 bucks.

The second I was happy about. Area 51 marked as 15 but when scanned down to 7. On PC

Old Town Pasadena Target in Cali.

Samurai Legend Musashi $9.98 I bought the last one

THUG GC $9.98 about 30 copies

Super Monkey Ball PS2 $9.9b 3 copies

Riddick Xbox $13.98 2 copies

Mario Golf GBA $13.98 15 copies

FFTA GBA $13.98 1 copy

Found these by accident last night when I went to Target. They had all of the PSP games mentioned, and the 3 DS games. I picked up Feel the Magic for my daughter, Nascar 2005 $14.98 (Xbox) for my son, and I got Mario Vs Donkey Kong (GBA) $14.98.

I picked up the PSP games at my store:

Dynasty Warriors, Rengoku & Darkstalkers
They had probably 8 more World Tour Soccer's and ONE Dead To Rights ($27.98)

This is 14 & Gratiot in MI.

At my Target in Farmington Hills, MI there was:
World Tour Soccer (PSP) - $19.98
Sonic 2: Adventure Battle (GC) - $13.98

...and I picked up the last copy of Viewtiful Joe 2 for GC for $5.04. :D

My local Target had a few Xbox games, but none that I didn't already have or the deals just weren't decent enough. I saw World Championship Poker - $10.98, Spyro $13.98, Tiger Woods 2005 $20.98.

After orientation at my Clackamas, OR Target, I wandered around looking for clearance games. Most of the clearance games were moved to the endcap of video games. One copy of Half-Life 2 in the $40 range. A stack of Hockey, Soccer, basketball or football, and Lumines for PSP below $20. Some F Zero for the GBA and Sprung for less than $10. I was looking for a Zoo Keepers for the DS. Before I clock out in the morning I'll be sure to check clearance.

Target on Dale Mabry in Tampa had these...

Ridge Racer (PSP) - 27.98
Tiger Woods (PSP) - 14.98
Gretsky (PSP)

Xenosaga 1 - 13.98 (snagged this, hard to find new anymore and GS wants 15 used)
Tekken 4 - 13.98
Random other old ps2 games

Can't remember much else... it really wasn't the greatest selection in the world, but at least I got Xenosaga (got Xenosaga 2 for 10 at TRU, been wanting part 1 for awhile now).

If anyone has hit any Target's in Clearwater post what you found, so I don't waste a trip :D

Target on 9th Street in Saint Petersburg has almost NOTHING... just Crash: Twinsanity for PS2 for 13.98, two big milk crates full of guides (wtf), and about 8 copies of Ridge Racer for PSP unmarked.

Finally...score!

I snagged the last $14.98 copies of Dynasty Warriors and Darkstalkers at the Pearland, TX Target!

They still had some $14.98 copies of Gretzkey, $20.98 copies of Soccer + Nba, and $27.98 copies of Lumines and Ridge Racers.

I also noticed some $9.98 Feel the Magic, Sprung, and Zoo keeper for the DS.

Also, a bunch of titles for the GBA( off the top of my head...mario vs. DK, mario golf, a mario + luigi game + some more I don't recall), Xbox, GCN, + PS2...sorry, didn't look through them too much due to the excitement for finding the last copy each of the only two games I was really looking for!

games i saw

Darkstalkers PSP 14.99 1 left

FFTA gba 14.99 3 left
Mario and lugi GBA 14.99 2 left

feel the magic 9.99 1 left
sprung 9.99 2 left

grabbed sprung for 10 bucks already own the others .. also picked up a lot of 75% off halloween stuff... going to the other target monday or tuesday (halloween stuff will be 90% off then

Here are some MAJOR clearance PSP games in Midland, TX

Ridge Racers - $19.98
Tiger Woods PGA Golf - $14.98

I have seen just about every type of item clearanced at Target yet I rarely see CD's or DVD's clearanced there. I say "rarely" because I just saw Van Halen's 1984 for $6.98 recently, and I once picked up Samurai Jack Season 1 for $6.98. Does anyone know why video games seem to get clearanced fairly frequently but CD's and DVD's only get clearanced on the rare occasion?

Bloomington, IN:

The only things of note in the clearance section are pretty much the DS games for cheap, although out of those only Feel the Magic is worth it ($10). Tons of copies of Sprung left, if that's your thing. Everything else was pretty much uninspiring price-wise, but if somebody wants Samurai Legend Musashi or whatever the PS2 sequel to Brave Fencer Musashi is being called, it's marked down to $13.98 and there are a few copies left.

If you're going for the PSP games, good luck. They're all in the regular glass case and they all seem to be listed at their usual MSRPs. Whether or not they scan up as less eslewhere in the store is unknown, mostly because I didn't feel like spending much more today on a PSP I don't have. They do have Lumines in stock, though, so if you really have to have it and think they may actually be clearanced, give it a whirl. They had around four or five copies left and they've not flying off the shelves.

[quote name='Kapwanil']Bloomington, IN:
If you're going for the PSP games, good luck. They're all in the regular glass case and they all seem to be listed at their usual MSRPs. Whether or not they scan up as less eslewhere in the store is unknown.[/QUOTE]

The way to handle this is goto www.half.com and find a game you're interested in and look up the UPC. For instance: Lumines is 008888332435 then goto

http://www.upcdatabase.com/ enter the UPC number to look it up in the database and get a printable UPC code.

Scan this at your Target's price checker.

I found this to be very effective when I wanted to ride the prices down without tipping off the clerks that they games were clearanced. If they know a game is discounted, they will remove them and lable then and the rabble will have a shot at them. It is also fun when a snotty clerk insists that a game is full price and you surprise them by knowing the clearance price.

[quote name='schultzed']I found this to be very effective when I wanted to ride the prices down without tipping off the clerks that they games were clearanced.[/QUOTE]

Yeah like today I accidentaly let the word "clearance" slip out when I wanted to have a Target "associate" check the price of Ridge Racer for me to see if it was on sale. He then said he would check the price after he helped the next customer and then totally blew me off and never came back. Bastard. Went back 10 minutes later to purchase the game after a shift change and it indeed came up as on sale.

[quote name='schultzed']The way to handle this is goto www.half.com and find a game you're interested in and look up the UPC. For instance: Lumines is 008888332435 then goto

http://www.upcdatabase.com/ enter the UPC number to look it up in the database and get a printable UPC code.

Scan this at your Target's price checker.

I found this to be very effective when I wanted to ride the prices down without tipping off the clerks that they games were clearanced. If they know a game is discounted, they will remove them and lable then and the rabble will have a shot at them. It is also fun when a snotty clerk insists that a game is full price and you surprise them by knowing the clearance price.[/QUOTE]

Target also has a DPI number of every item. If its in the case enter the 9 digit number into your phone. Then walk over to the price checker, hit the input key, and enter the 9 digit number.

Best Target Deal ever! My wife found a PS2 network adapter an the scanner rang up "Item Not Found". She took it up to the register and the cashier gave it to her for under $3 (don't have the receipt in front of me to quote actual price).

One of my local targets had a huge stack of clearance games, but its in a early markdown cycle. All the PSP games are $27.98 includeing the ones I bought for $14.98 5 miles down the road. My guess is someone will pick them up before they are markdown again.

[quote name='kjauburn']Target also has a DPI number of every item. If its in the case enter the 9 digit number into your phone. Then walk over to the price checker, hit the input key, and enter the 9 digit number.[/QUOTE]

Excellent suggestion, although the phone reference through me off at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back