Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='turls']Did you check the other threads, I think it is there on how to get the codes.[/quote]
I'm not talking about UPC codes, if that's what you mean. I forget what these numbers are called, but they're in the format XX-XX-XXXX.

EDIT: They are called DCPI numbers. Any easy way of looking those up?

I just checked at the Willowbrook, IL Target and Dead Rising/DOA X2/Burnout Revenge and DOA 4 were all the standard price (I used the UPC Barcodes at a scan station) so it is YMMV. Anyone find any Chicagoland store with these games clearanced yet?

[quote name='imacgod']I'm not talking about UPC codes, if that's what you mean. I forget what these numbers are called, but they're in the format XX-XX-XXXX.

EDIT: They are called DCPI numbers. Any easy way of looking those up?[/quote]

I knew what you meant, I thought there was a way to get those, maybe I'm dreaming. I'm sure a Target pro will let you know if there is.

Oh yeah, Avatar for the Wii was a bargain at $44.99! :rollseyes:

I think the Wii clearance is either going to be moving VERY slowly.

I will load DCPI numbers in a few hours. I have to finish work, then I'll ride the bus to PG Mall again and jot down some codes and hopefully walk away with some more trade fodder for EB and GameStop.

[quote name='rewerbkcirtap']To io and really anyone else:

One thing you could do if you wanted to go through the hassle of it is buy the games at regular price at one store and then return them to the store that has them clearanced. If you do it before closing and then come back the next morning, I would figure they would have restocked your returns.[/QUOTE]

:lol:, yeah, I thought about this, but I figured the hassle wasn't worth it. I return enough stuff as it is and don't need more returns to deal with. Plus who knows when it would go back out and if it is tagged correctly someone else will probably snag it.

The DCPI range for Wii games is 207-26-0001 (Zelda TP I think) and up. Chicken Little is 207-26-0012. Since the clearance games weren't at this store any more (no more shelf tag), I just typed a bunch of 207-26-00XX numbers (up to the mid-20's at least) in and found out what *had* been on clearance and what hadn't that way.

[quote name='imacgod']

EDIT: They are called DCPI numbers. Any easy way of looking those up?[/quote]

Pulling and modifying this from the last round:

HOW TO FIND DCPI # for Target

1) Go to target.com and search for the item you're looking for

2) If the item is available online, click on the 'Additional info' tab to find the DCPI #. If it is available online, it will be a 9 digit series and be in the following format xxx-xx-xxxx. THERE ARE NO LETTERS IN A DCPI #!! For example the DCPI# for :ds: NFS Carbon is 207-02-0221.

3) If the item is not available online, then you will need to go into a B&M Target and locate the item's shelf tag. It will be in small print in the middle left of the tag and will not have dashes.

4) At a Target that has price scanners with large LCD screens and numbers on the right side of the screen, input the 9 digit series(the scanner will automatically insert dashes as needed) and press enter. The item's name, price, if there's more in back, etc. will all appear on the screen.

5) Alternatively, an item's DCPI can be put into an employee's hand/LRT scanner and receive the same info. This will be especially helpful at Targets that lack the newer price scanners.

Also, I will start a list of DCPI #s for clearance items.

:ds:

207-02-0221 NFS Carbon
207-02-0054 Super Mario 64
207-02-0048 Danny Phantom

:wii:
Chicken Little: 207-26-0012
Excite Truck: 207-26-0002
GT Pro Racer: 207-26-0018
Monster 4x4: 207-26-0019
Open Season: 207-26-0020
Poker: 207-26-0031
Splinter Cell: 207-26-0023
Barnyard: 207-26-0028
Billy & Mandy: 207-26-0010
Ant Bully: 207-26-0030

I'm not sure I can keep updating this, but its something.

I love you...

DCPI list:
Billy & Mandy: 207-26-0010
Cars
Excite Truck: 207-26-0002
GT Pro Racer: 207-26-0018
Open Season: 207-26-0020
Splinter Cell: 207-26-0023
Spongebob Crusty Crab

found a TON of 360 clearance games at the small town target here. About 11 of them, mostly $7.50, but Hitman and Battlefield were $10. None of them were marked as clearance games.

Here's the list.
ChromeHounds
Dead or Alive 4
Burnout Revenge
MLB 2k6
Battle for Middle Earth 2
Hitman
Battlefield 2
Outfit ($4.98)
Far Cry
World Series Poker

Really lucked out, about 10 360 games for under $100.

[quote name='jer7583']found a TON of 360 clearance games at the small town target here. About 11 of them, mostly $7.50, but Hitman and Battlefield were $10. None of them were marked as clearance games.

Here's the list.
ChromeHounds
Dead or Alive 4
Burnout Revenge

MLB 2k6
Hitman
Battlefield 2
Outfit ($4.98)
Far Cry

World Series Poker

Really lucked out, about 10 360 games for under $100.[/QUOTE]
WOW! Damn fine prices!

I bolded the stuff I'd definitely buy. Will be checking out my target later on this week. Might even walk over to the GS and do that $10 trade-in deal if the trade-in prices are right.

Gah! Guess I'll go check again...everything listed I was interested in scanned at full price when I went by a few days ago...which was already a few days after everyone started posting clearance prices. Maybe my Targets are just slow.

[quote name='jer7583']found a TON of 360 clearance games at the small town target here. About 11 of them, mostly $7.50, but Hitman and Battlefield were $10. None of them were marked as clearance games.

Here's the list.
ChromeHounds
Dead or Alive 4
Burnout Revenge
MLB 2k6
Hitman
Battlefield 2
Outfit ($4.98)
Far Cry
World Series Poker

Really lucked out, about 10 360 games for under $100.[/quote]
I'm guessing that most of those are the next Platinum hits lineup.

Awesome find man, really envy you there.

Here's the list.
ChromeHounds
Dead or Alive 4
Burnout Revenge
MLB 2k6
Hitman
Battlefield 2
Outfit ($4.98)
Far Cry
World Series Poker

Really lucked out, about 10 360 games for under $100.[/quote]

I envy you right now.

I hate my Targets, they never have anything clearanced.

The Montgomery Target only had Kameo priced at clearance, for $7.xx. The Southeast region (at least Alabama) seems to be one whole clearance-pricing cycle behind everyone else... although this is making me want to drive to Birmingham to get a few tropical fish even more (since the pet stores here blow, and a $7.50 DOA or Chromehounds would make the trip even better).

Just got back from the Ann Arbor-Saline road target and they have about 15 more (i bought 2) of the activision demo dvd things for wii for 1 cent, really its just nice to get a white case for wiisports!

Does anyone know if the DOA4 XB360 Platinum hits and regular version have the same UPC? I went to Target and they had about 8 copies of DOA4 Platinum Hits. I scanned the UPC for the regular DOA4 and it came up $20.84 or near that, so I asked the guy the price of DOA4 and he said it was $39.99 and refused to scan it.

[quote name='tubtub']Does anyone know if the DOA4 XB360 Platinum hits and regular version have the same UPC? I went to Target and they had about 8 copies of DOA4 Platinum Hits. I scanned the UPC for the regular DOA4 and it came up $20.84 or near that, so I asked the guy the price of DOA4 and he said it was $39.99 and refused to scan it.[/quote]

The UPC is different for the two versions. I looked at them both side by side at Best Buy. But the Platinum Hits version should be 29.99, not 39.99. Of course, the Targets around here still have Daxter at 39.99, so maybe they haven't dropped that yet either.

Looking for both DOA's and have come up empty handed.. grr.. i always get in on these deals way too late in the game. I don't have much in the way of trading because I never pick up extra of anything as I hope another CAG gets in on the deal instead of me cashing in.. would be willing to pay cash money though.. if anyone has picked up an extra copy let me know..

for nyc caggers, i checked the atlantic center target today and found that none of the games they had were marked down except for that left behind game for pc. Vivan pinata was in the case marked as 19.99 though.

Fullerton, CA

Wii Starter Set - includes console stand, Wiimote silicone skin, strap, and 512MB SD card is clearanced at 20.98

[quote name='imacgod']So to remind us, when does Target usually adjust their prices for clearances? Is it Sundays?[/QUOTE]
I think it was Monday though I am not certain.

Target ALMOST ALWAYS adjusts Electronics clearance prices on Monday. This is true nationally, and only in rare instances is it done on Tuesday. Each store has to manually adjust the prices, so it depends on how lazy the staff is - the prices are usually in the system by mid-afternoon Mondays.

[quote name='imacgod']So to remind us, when does Target usually adjust their prices for clearances? Is it Sundays?[/QUOTE]

Different days for depts. but Electronics is on Mondays

The Northgate, Seattle Target had Sid Meier's Pirates! for PC for only $4.98. Had lots of copies... I finally had to buy a one.

[quote name='jrt1138']The UPC is different for the two versions. I looked at them both side by side at Best Buy. But the Platinum Hits version should be 29.99, not 39.99. Of course, the Targets around here still have Daxter at 39.99, so maybe they haven't dropped that yet either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I went back today and had someone get it out of the case. It was indeed $40 for Platinum hits one. I passed.

I just checked my Target in Federal Way, Washington and there was nothing on clearance except those wii sling bags still at 12.xx and some third party xbox 360 controllers at 21.xx. It really Sux.....:cry:

[quote name='bubbaducky']I just checked my Target in Federal Way, Washington and there was nothing on clearance except those wii sling bags still at 12.xx and some third party xbox 360 controllers at 21.xx. It really Sux.....:cry:[/QUOTE]

Is anyone seeing the grey/white/blue sling bags on clearance or just the Zelda?

[quote name='manthing']:ds:
207-02-0054 Super Mario 64

[/quote]
I was able to verify the clearance prices for the above at Target #2 in town this evening. The ones I omitted rang up full price. Of course, they were all out of stock of the cheap ones. Everything had rang up full price at Target #1 a few days ago.

Happily, I drove back to Target #1, where everything was in stock...and everything rang up full price. The salespeople at Target #2 were shocked that Target #1 was clearancing some of their Wii games.

Dammit.

I'm going to go back to Target #1 Friday and see if they've finally caught on to the clearance prices...I just need the prices to lower before the 15th...

i saw this mentioned earlier but didnt try it. what about buying a full priced 'clearance game' at one target then returning it to a target with clearenced prices. if they restock it, what price will it be?????????????

Lame. Everything but Viva Pinata rang up at full price. But even then, they had Viva Pinata marked exactly as $19.99 with the shelf tag, rather than $29.99.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i saw this mentioned earlier but didnt try it. what about buying a full priced 'clearance game' at one target then returning it to a target with clearenced prices. if they restock it, what price will it be?????????????[/quote]

From what I understand, the price will be the last price in the system. Don't wait too long. I bought the Xbox live kit for 40 on clearance and then a few weeks later I found four 3 month original xbox live packs for 10 each at TRU. I needed two headsets for the original xbox so I returned the 12 month to Target hoping to return before closing and rebuy the next morning at a lower price as it had dropped to 15 the last I had read here. Anyway, it was out of the system and they yellow tagged it and said it had to be sent back to the manufacturer. I had also bought Mercenaries on clearance for 15 and then found it for 5 at the best buy clearance so I returned the target one. I saw it on the 19.99 shelf a few days later and floor scanned it and it was out of the system. Electronics scanned it and it came up 5. Anyways, one was sent back and one wasn't, but I don't know why.

I don't know if this has been posted, but the 3 month Xbox Live kits are *finally* getting clearanced. I knew they would at some point as they expire at the end of June. They were still way too much ($20.98, down from the way too expensive $29.99). But if they go 75% that will be a nice deal. This was at a Target that doesn't have any of the Wii or 360 games on clearance so I suspect this will be more universal. These have a code for an arcade game as well, right? I have two 1 year kits (and no 360 yet) so I don't really need these things, but I'll get one cheap for the arcade game. I guess I can pile the 3 months on top of the 2 years (I think you can go up to 3??).

[quote name='maximumzero']What's everyone's success rate with tracking down SM64DS?[/quote]
My Target somehow has a bunch of them that they must have had sitting in the back room. They placed them in the glass case where New Super Mario Bros. is supposed to be. Funny thing is that it was part of the $24 DS game sale a couple of weeks back.

I'll check it eventually for its price when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back