Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

got tomb raider legend for $7.48(xbox 360). also, i punched in random last digits for the xbox 360 upc codes in the scanner and found out the price for fight night round 3(xbox 360) would be $7.48 if they actually had it in stock at my store.

[quote name='sunghost']got tomb raider legend for $7.48(xbox 360). also, i punched in random last digits for the xbox 360 upc codes in the scanner and found out the price for fight night round 3(xbox 360) would be $7.48 if they actually had it in stock at my store.[/QUOTE]
Which store?

Sony official PS3 HDMI cable $41.99 for any die-hard Sony fans. Otherwise, monoprice has better deals.

Not sure why it got clearance so fast, since the official PS3 accessories only came out few months ago.

[quote name='jer7583']found a TON of 360 clearance games at the small town target here. About 11 of them, mostly $7.50, but Hitman and Battlefield were $10. None of them were marked as clearance games.

Here's the list.
ChromeHounds
Dead or Alive 4
Burnout Revenge
MLB 2k6
Battle for Middle Earth 2
Hitman
Battlefield 2
Outfit ($4.98)
Far Cry
World Series Poker

Really lucked out, about 10 360 games for under $100.[/quote]

is there any more chromehound, battlefield 2 and world series poker thx

[quote name='the_revelator']Moble Suit Gundam Crossfire for Ps3 is only 14.98.

Just snagged the last copy. w00t...now to go to walmart and get a REAL game ^_^[/quote]

at walmart today they told me that they dont accept video games without a reciept eek

For the first time today, I caught the Target employees actually marking down things. It was kind of interesting, since it had always been slightly mysterious. :)

They dropped the Wii organizer/CD wallet to $6 and change, and it was the same price for the 256MB memory card and "holder." Zelda backpacks were $14.98. I'll get one if it goes lower.

[quote name='icruise']For the first time today, I caught the Target employeesd actually marking down things. It was kind of interesting, since it had always been slightly mysterious. :)

They dropped the Wii organizer/CD wallet to $6 and change, and it was the same price for the 256MB memory card and "holder." Zelda backpacks were $14.98. I'll get one if it goes lower.[/quote]

I'd get one of those zelda bags if any of my Targets had one! If it goes lower, hook me up!

Damn it. I hate how Target's clearance games have become YMMV. For the longest time it was nationwide on clearance games, just priced at different levels each week.

[quote name='icruise']For the first time today, I caught the Target employees actually marking down things. It was kind of interesting, since it had always been slightly mysterious. :)
[/QUOTE]

Funny, me too - she was scanning everything and slapping new orange stickers on stuff. Unfortunately nothing game related (she was changing prices on those orange/brown colored iPod case accessory things or whatever they hell they are that are taking up all the clearance endcap space - whatever they are, no one is buying them :roll:). There was not a single game on clearance at this Target and the stupid Wii magnet box is still holding at $12.48 (been that way for at least 3 weeks now). This store also didn't have any of the 3 month Xbox Live kits, though they'd still be $20.98 if they had them. Kameo still scans at $29.99 at this store - at nearly every other store that game, at least, is on sale even if the other 360 games and Wii games were not. They also had a pathetic toy clearance section compared to other stores. Bleh...

Found a target with :wii: games marked down:

3x Monster 4x4
6x Barnyard

I'm going to keep being an annoying asshole until everyone understands that the whole point of this thread is to find out WHERE the stuff is on clearance so that people can get to it. Prices would be an added benefit as well. So you can all repeat after me:

I WILL PUT THE STORE LOCATION ON MY POST

i keep seeing the wii organizer that comes with a 512mb memory card for 20 bucks and a 256 memory card for 12 are these cheap ass deals i dont even know lol

[quote name='addicted2games']Damn it. I hate how Target's clearance games have become YMMV. For the longest time it was nationwide on clearance games, just priced at different levels each week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Tomb Raider: Legend (360) was still $29.99 when I checked today.

[quote name='bmulligan']I'm going to keep being an annoying asshole until everyone understands that the whole point of this thread is to find out WHERE the stuff is on clearance so that people can get to it. Prices would be an added benefit as well.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I think the main point of the thread is to let other people know what kind of things are going on clearance at Target in general, so they can check their own stores. I would think the number of people actually going out to get things mentioned at a particular location is pretty low.

[quote name='icruise']Actually, I think the main point of the thread is to let other people know what kind of things are going on clearance at Target in general, so they can check their own stores. I would think the number of people actually going out to get things mentioned at a particular location is pretty low.[/QUOTE]

But we all know by now that Target Clearance is incredibly YMMV. Becuase of this, locations are more important than just posting what you saw or what you got. It's not too hard to mention a city or a street name, is it ?

I went to three Targets in my area and scanned UPCs I had printed out. I was only able to find Kameo on clearance for 7.48. All other games show up at regular prices. Interestingly, I may have been seeing things but I noticed that some games, example, Far Cry for the 360 came up at full price, but it said "item not on stock" or something like that and yet I saw about 4 copies behind a glass case....I may have been seeing things or I may have printed out the wrong UPC...but it gave me the correct name...who knows...:roll:

[quote name='angrywolf']I went to three Targets in my area and scanned UPCs I had printed out. I was only able to find Kameo on clearance for 7.48. All other games show up at regular prices. Interestingly, I may have been seeing things but I noticed that some games, example, Far Cry for the 360 came up at full price, but it said "item not on stock" or something like that and yet I saw about 4 copies behind a glass case....I may have been seeing things or I may have printed out the wrong UPC...but it gave me the correct name...who knows...:roll:[/quote]

Did it say "item not in stockroom"? That would mean they have none in the back, only what is on the shelves.

TLOZ Wii Bag at Target (Tacoma, WA. "near hwy 16") for 7.48. There are two left they look like this...

zeldawiibag.jpg

;)

[quote name='lawdood']Did it say "item not in stockroom"? That would mean they have none in the back, only what is on the shelves.[/quote]

Ah, that could have been it! Thanks, it's been bugging me for a couple days now...but yeah, no luck at those three Targets, I'll try some more this week.

The same bag that EmeraldKing posted was $15 at my store today. I'm hoping it'll go to $7.50 next week, I'll but it at that price. There were 2 there today.

Checked the Target closest to me (I-35 & Chouteau Trfy in Kansas City MO). They are in the middle of remodeling (I guess it's going to become a Medium Target, larger than a regular store and smaller than a "Super" one) so I was hoping they might have some clearance stuff to make room... No dice. Non of the 360 or Wii games have been marked down. The only thing I saw was one of those Zelda bags (pictured a couple comments up) for $14.98.

That Zelda Messenger bag is sweet. It's almost a tight fit but you can cram everything + 4 'motes and 'chucks in. I picked one up for $20-something and don't regret it (especially since they sold out down here at about $14-20). Now I use my sling bag to carry games (which is about all it's good for).

[quote name='Chitown021']Checked the Target closest to me (I-35 & Chouteau Trfy in Kansas City MO). They are in the middle of remodeling (I guess it's going to become a Medium Target, larger than a regular store and smaller than a "Super" one) so I was hoping they might have some clearance stuff to make room... No dice. Non of the 360 or Wii games have been marked down. The only thing I saw was one of those Zelda bags (pictured a couple comments up) for $14.98.[/quote]

Hmm. Don't take this the wrong way, but the only Target I can find these deals at is the oldest of the three around me. Of the the other two, one was built less that two years ago and the other is remodeled. And I can never find deals at either store.

The store closest to me is the oldest in my area. I've found a few DS game deals in the past (Viewtiful Joe, Advance Wars, Gunpey) but haven't seen much there lately. Oh and I know this isn't a "deal" but my store had several Kingdom Hearts II original case (non-GH) in stock for $19.99. Not a bad deal if you don't already own it and want to avoid those crappy looking GH cases.

Yea I just got back from Target, I scanned some of the Barcodes by using the thing the OP said.

But sadly nothing worked :whistle2:\

I wish Target would be all nationwide clearance... cause of I went today and absolutly nothing was clearanced! Besides Viva of course! haha

[quote name='monkeydeew']the countdown to 7$ viva pinata begins[/quote]

If the current price on Viva is actually $19.99 then that would indicate it's a temporary price cut of some sort and NOT clearanced. Clearance prices usually end in 8 or 4.

So just a bunch of accessories have dropped in price this week and not games? Well, I'm checking my Target out tomorrow. Hopefully it will be more fruitful.

nooo someone jacked the extra copies of doa2 and overgfighteres i was hoarding. ugh they were so close to going to 7 but someone swooped them at 15, or maybe they were donated?

[quote name='monkeydeew']nooo someone jacked the extra copies of doa2 and overgfighteres i was hoarding. ugh they were so close to going to 7 but someone swooped them at 15, or maybe they were donated?[/quote]

Was DoA2 really a $30 game? A $40 game would only go down to $10...

Actually found one set of the Wii dog tags on Saturday night marked $12.48. Still too high, IMO and Monday was only a couple days away so I decided to wait it out... needless to say it wasn't there when I went back. :( They also had one locker set, whatever that was, for the same price.

They still have the Wii stand with the blue controller glove marked $24.98.

Like the others stated, the endcaps are littered with those ugly orange and brown ipod accessories. They did have a handful of PC games though.

[quote name='EmeraldKing']Could someone take a pic with their cell phone of where they are finding these games in their Target.[/QUOTE]
They are usually on the back endcaps in electronics. Sometimes they're in the media endcaps near the DVDs. Occassionally they're in with the budget games on the shelves. And every so often you find them in the glass cases with the new release games. They're usually tagged with red price clearance price tags, but not always.

Prince Georges Mall in Maryland.

A few PC games on clearance. Nothing worth noting except possibly the Medal of Honor Warchest for $15. Any takers?

No Wii or X-Box 360 clearance games. Found a X-Box Live 3 month kit with headset and 100 points for $20.98. Worth jumping on?

So, why aren't the Zelda TP GameCube copies on clearance yet? My Target had two shelves full of them.

Kingdom Hearts II wasn't tagged correctly (it was 29.99 instead of 19.99), so I left with a copy of that. Not really a clearance item, but at least they had a non-GH copy.

I just picked up on clearance from my Target In Philadelphia a Plantronics Xbox 360 wired controller that also works on my pc I got the controller for 14.98 it is regularly 29.99 check your local Target everywhere I checked it is still 29.99 This is my first post let me know how you make out

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back