Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

University Target in Charlotte has around 10 blue Dual Shock 2's for $12.48, 50% off, and 3 or 4 green Dual Shock 2's for $17.48, I assume 30% off.

I just got back from Target and saw the PSP Playgear Pocket in the clearance section for $10.48. They also had Fight Night Round 2 and NFL Head Coach for the PS@ at $9.99 each.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']They also had Fight Night Round 2 and NFL Head Coach for the PS@ at $9.99 each.[/quote]

These are NOT clearance, just 'Temporary Price Reductions'. I *think* they end on May 5, but I'm not 100% on the end date.

Yeah I saw those PSP Playgear Pockets for $10.50, kinda sucks I bought a used one for pretty much the same price last week and it's all scratched up =\

The 360 Messenger Bag (the one with the E3 faceplate color scheme) was marked down 50% off to $25 at the Target in Fenton, MO (suburb of St. Louis.) Great deal for anyone looking for a bag for their 360 since every other store still has this item at $46-$50.

[quote name='Fount']Have Kameo and DOAX2 dropped to $4.xx and $7.xx respectively yet?[/quote]

The lowest Kameo could go is $7.50. That's 75% off $30.

Rarely seeing Target clearance drop over 75% on game. After $75% they clean up all clearance games & send all of them back or sell all of them to liquidator store.

Went to my local TARGET tonight and saw Hitman bloodmoney for PC for 7.48 Meh...then I saw and got a SONY Pro Duo 2GB card with Adapter for $29.99:hot:..I then made my purchase. :cool:

[quote name='Fount']Have Kameo and DOAX2 dropped to $4.xx and $7.xx respectively yet?[/QUOTE]

mine had kameo at 3.74 DoaX2 is still retail price. i will check tomorrow to see if there is a price change.

i found 2 games tonight. Genji for the PS2 (7.48) and Edler Scrolls Morrowind for the Xbox (2.48). They both scanned Not Found on the price scanners, but I had the guy at the electronics register to use the portable gun to scan it and they showed up. awesome deal!

i also found Lunar Dragon song, Baten Kaitos Origins, and a few more games still at full price although i barely see these at other targets.

[quote name='sunghost']Midlothian, VA. they have one copy left of tomb raider legend.[/QUOTE]

nice...i picked up that chicken little for 9.98 for my sisters son from that store. suprisingly they had it marked at that price too behind the glass.

[quote name='CappyCobra']I peeped a copy of Fusion Frenzy 2 (360) for 19.99. Still didn't bite though.[/quote]

That game isnt even worth $5.

Ehh.. My Target generally just has junk.

I did pick up Timesplitters: FP (PS2) for $5 once though.. The rest are usually crappy GBA games, or like kids games for GC/XB/PS2 like spongebob etc.

Mine has one of the wired controllers that someone has opened and returned! It's at $7.48 but I'm thinking it'll go down again as who wants an opened controller. Otherwise they had nothing worthwhile.

[quote name='DarkwingDuck']... but I'm thinking it'll go down again as who wants an opened controller. [/quote]

If its that cheap someone is bound to buy it!

Does anyone have the link that checks store availability of products using the stock number also used at Amazon? It was hidden in one of the posts of the last clearance thread. Thanks.

I picked up the Zelda Sling (not messenger) bag today. There were three left and scanning at $0.00. I told them it's supposed to be $5.48 since someone here mentioned that price.

I don't have the "nerd in me" to carry it either, but I do have a one-way flight upcoming and figured it would work well to protect the system while in my legitimate carry-on.

[quote name='Billservo']I picked up the Zelda Sling (not messenger) bag today. There were three left and scanning at $0.00. I told them it's supposed to be $5.48 since someone here mentioned that price.

I don't have the "nerd in me" to carry it either, but I do have a one-way flight upcoming and figured it would work well to protect the system while in my legitimate carry-on.[/quote]

So there's a Zelda sling bag for carrying the Wii AND a Zelda messenger bag? I would totally rock the Zelda Wii carrying bag if I could find one for $5. Does it have seperate compartments for the Wii itself and then a pocket for controllers or something like that?

[quote name='supershammy']So there's a Zelda sling bag for carrying the Wii AND a Zelda messenger bag? I would totally rock the Zelda Wii carrying bag if I could find one for $5. Does it have seperate compartments for the Wii itself and then a pocket for controllers or something like that?[/quote]

The "pocket" that the system goes in is pretty well-defined. Everything else pretty much floats around the main interior area. The pocket that holds the Wii is fairly well padded.

[quote name='Billservo']The "pocket" that the system goes in is pretty well-defined. Everything else pretty much floats around the main interior area. The pocket that holds the Wii is fairly well padded.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks!

Saw a smaller Wii sling bag for 12.48, while a more official-looking, larger Wii sling bag was still 39.99. There were Wii dogtags and the Wii station w/ silicon skin for Wiimote as well, and, strangely enough, an XBOX 8MB memory card loaded with Gameshark cheats for 12.48. Not too much good stuff going on at my Target in Costa Mesa, CA.

Any idea if Justice League Heroes: The Flash (GBA) is clearance priced?

Got the Zelda Messenger Bag (for holding the Wii) for $7.50.

That one.

They had a small, mini-backpack looking "Wii Sling Bag" for 17.50, normally $25. The "Wii Sling Bag" that was more the shape of the above Zelda one was $40, I think. Something like that. Not clearanced. They also had a 256 MB SD card with a little puch normally $25 for $17.50 (and they had a shitload of those so i'm hoping they'll still be there in two weeks).

Lastly, they had a solitary Wii Tin + Magnets for I think $12.50.

Zelda messenger bag is still $15 here. The Wii base with 512MB SD card and blue Wiimote glove dropped to $12.98 though.

is the memory card a cheap ass deal? do you even really need them on the wii or are they mainly for transporting data wii to wii?

It's not really necessary, no. You can back stuff up on it or store pictures on it for the photo channel. At least one game allows you to use MP3s stored on a card, but that's about it.

A memory card full of MP3s is a MUST for Excite Truck. To say the soundtrack is lacking is a polite way of putting it. Other than that, not much use for one yet.

Exton, PA Target had 3 copies of Warhammer: Mark of Chaos for 12.xx. The wierd thing is all 3 had a return tag taped to the back of them. The didn't appear to be opened, but you never know.

Interesting find: Around here (South NJ) Target clearance stuff that gets zeroed out goes to the local Goodwill store. Most often, the price at goodwill is more than the last price from target, so I usually pass.

However, yesterday I got a brand new, sealed copy of Mario Party 7 (big box w/ mic) for $10 at Goodwill. Saw a bunch of the jewel case games that had benn about $2 there as well, but didn;t check the prices at Goodwill.

[quote name='radjago']I'm pretty sure you mean the Pelican TSZ wired 360 controller. How does the feel of it compare to the standard Microsoft 360 controller?[/quote]

Yes you are Right oops I got it as a third controller the triggers are more springy and the rb ,lb make clicking sounds but when you play you really do not even notice the sounds.Not bad for 14.98 as a third or fourth controller

[quote name='monkeydeew']is the memory card a cheap ass deal? do you even really need them on the wii or are they mainly for transporting data wii to wii?[/quote]

It's an okay deal, depending on what you need.

If you need a controller glove and a memory card, then it's not so bad. But if you're buying it just for the memory card, it's kinda ehh. I got a 2GB SD card at launch for $20 after rebate.

I think even Target itself has Lexar memory cards, either 512 or 1GB up at the front for $9.

For me, I don't need another glove and the stand thingy won't work with my setup, so it's not a good deal.

Saw Happy Feet (PC) 5$ and a whole bunch of new games started the clearance cycle, the only one I can remember today is Oberon Solitaire 13$, I passed as I'm waiting for the 7$ mark.

Some more $13.98 PC games:

Red Orchestra
Neverwinter Nights Diamond
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Starcraft Battle Chest
Diablo II
Diablo II expansion

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Interesting find: Around here (South NJ) Target clearance stuff that gets zeroed out goes to the local Goodwill store. Most often, the price at goodwill is more than the last price from target, so I usually pass.

However, yesterday I got a brand new, sealed copy of Mario Party 7 (big box w/ mic) for $10 at Goodwill. Saw a bunch of the jewel case games that had benn about $2 there as well, but didn;t check the prices at Goodwill.[/QUOTE]

Lucky! Around here (bay area, ca) goodwill stores get a ton of target clearance items. In fact some goodwills have stopped carrying there usual merch and now exclusively sell repriced target goods.

Most of the time however it isn't that great, most of the goodwill prices on target stuff is high, some of the pricing is even more than the original full price at target.
Example: 8 pack of paper towels (bag was half ripped open) was $8. Who would pay that?

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Interesting find: Around here (South NJ) Target clearance stuff that gets zeroed out goes to the local Goodwill store. Most often, the price at goodwill is more than the last price from target, so I usually pass.

However, yesterday I got a brand new, sealed copy of Mario Party 7 (big box w/ mic) for $10 at Goodwill. Saw a bunch of the jewel case games that had benn about $2 there as well, but didn;t check the prices at Goodwill.[/quote]

Is this to say Mario Party 7 is clearanced?

I dunno. I can;t confirm it was from taget, but the other stuff in the case was Target marked Jewel case crap.

Outer box was smashed, maybe it was a damaged goods write-off? I'd hate to think that there is an inDUHvidual out there dumb/ignorant/charitable enough to donate a sealed copy of MP 7.

This is not a video game deal I bought a Emerson CK5029 AM/FM alarm clock radio with sure alarm $5.58 I had been searching for a inexpensive alarm clock radio for the longest time.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back