Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='monkeydeew']is the memory card a cheap ass deal? do you even really need them on the wii or are they mainly for transporting data wii to wii?[/quote]

I find it essential for many games, as I like to go to wiisave.com and get a save file to unlock stuff if a game is boring in single player mode, like Rayman, but fun in party mode after everything is unlocked.

Don't buy the Nintendo brand though...get a cheap Lexmark or other brand for under $15 for a 1 gig.

[quote name='Rictor']I find it essential for many games, as I like to go to wiisave.com and get a save file to unlock stuff if a game is boring in single player mode, like Rayman, but fun in party mode after everything is unlocked.

Don't buy the Nintendo brand though...get a cheap Lexmark or other brand for under $15 for a 1 gig.[/quote]
As for the memory card, it is actually secure digital card. You can always find deals on kingston or other brands, 2GB SD for about $10-$20.

Don't know if this has been posted before but I saw:

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War Gold Edition (Game and Winter Assault expansion) for $9.98 ... 50% off.

SCORE!

Nabbed Danny Phantom Urban Jungle (DS) for $2.54 and (2) 32 oz. cans of Target Brand Gentle Ease baby formula for $7.98 each!

I know the second item is not a CAG deal but for a CAG papa with a 4 month old at home it's an awesome find!

Found 5 copies of Pikmin 2 (GCN) that rang up out of system. Cashier got the price gun, and gave them to me for the last price - of $4.98!

3 were non-GH.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Found 5 copies of Pikmin 2 (GCN) that rang up out of system. Cashier got the price gun, and gave them to me for the last price - of $4.98!

3 were non-GH.[/QUOTE]
I hope you're not ebaying all of those...

I finally found two wavebirds at two different targets for 50% off. The funny thing is I go to those targets regularly and those wavebirds weren't there before. It's like someone hid them as soon as they went on clearance and an employee found them and put it back. One was marked 30% and rang up 50% and the other was marked 50%.

[quote name='Chitown021']SCORE!

Nabbed Danny Phantom Urban Jungle (DS) for $2.54 and (2) 32 oz. cans of Target Brand Gentle Ease baby formula for $7.98 each!

I know the second item is not a CAG deal but for a CAG papa with a 4 month old at home it's an awesome find![/quote]

You could almost say the same thing for the first item. :lol:

Strange day for me at Target. I hope it's not the shape of things to come.

At Target in the Irvine Spectrum:

Transformers Classics line all on clearance
Sennheiser sport earphones not on clearance (49.99 ouch)
PSP accessories on clearance but still too expensive

At Target in Aliso Viejo:

Transformers Classics line not on clearance
Sennheiser sport earphones 12.48
Wii magnet and organizer sets (w/out mem cards) 6.48

[quote name='Deathmonkey']Don't know if this has been posted before but I saw:

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War Gold Edition (Game and Winter Assault expansion) for $9.98 ... 50% off.[/QUOTE]

That's a great deal. I already have the original game, but I'll be on the lookout for the Gold Edition for that price.

[quote name='psunami']That's a great deal. I already have the original game, but I'll be on the lookout for the Gold Edition for that price.[/QUOTE]

Gold Edition's at the Target I went to were NOT on clearance, oddly enough.

Some *new* PC games clearance that I saw:

Empire Earth 2 - $13.98 (down from $19.99)
Diablo 2 - $13.98 (down from $19.99)
Gothic 3 - $27.98 (down from $39.99)
Agatha Christie something - $13.98 (down from $19.99)

They also had a TON of Medievil Total War 2 Demo's for 20 cents, down from 99 cents, and a ton of the $1.99 14 day trial for WoW marked at 40 cents. They had the open item sticker instead of a normal clearance sticker.

They also had a ton of children's software on clearance.

I was shocked as hell Gothic 3 is already on clearance, as the game is only 2 or 3 months old. I heard it sucked badly, which is probably why it's clearance.

Dark Messiah was STILL $9.98, the same price it was a month ago, and the last copy of Hitman Blood Money was $7.48... I grabbed Hitman, I don't remember any other Target having it, but I'm shocked these games weren't any cheaper.

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']here is a link to my overall target haul from yesterday and today..

http://www.neiu.edu/~uausman/cag/targethaul.JPG

007 rouge Agent - 2.54
Danny Phantom - 2.54
MegaMan 5 team colonel - 1.54
MegaMan 5 team protoman - 1.84
StarWars Trilogy - 5.04
Wii Storage and protection Kit - 12.48
GBA System Link - 5.98[/quote]

Damn, nice find on Megaman. I wish I'd find a few of them myself.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Damn, nice find on Megaman. I wish I'd find a few of them myself.[/quote]

if i go out tonight, or tomorrow i will check again, i did see 2 of each at another target. i will pick em up if they are there.

Thanks, that's mighty kind of you. I'd gladly pay you cost+shipping+some for your time for one of 'em (don't really care which).

Sorry for turning this into a trade thread, by the way. That wasn't what I was trying to do with my post. :)

I went to Target today and in the clearance section I saw 4 of the Sony-branded HDMI cables for the PS3 marked down to $29.99. Last I read in this thread, they were only marked down to $41.99. Might be worth it for some people now.

Chris

damn, i thought i had a deal on megaman battlenetwork for $4.99, the stamford, ct store had it at that price. less than $2 is much better!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Saw Microsoft official 360 headset for $4.8X[/quote]

Ooh, good to hear. I may grab a few of these in case mine ever dies out.

Picked up Logitech PlayGear Pocket case for $3.74 today (75% off).

PlayGear Visor $6.98
Pelican Charger Pack for DS Lite $10.xx
Some psp starter kit $12.94 (75% off)
Madcartz S-Video cable (for Xbox/360,PS2,NGC) $3.74
Slim PS2 vertical standard - Sony brand $3.74

At the Kissimmee Super Target, picked up the MadCatz 360 optical cable for $2.48 this morning, and a hands-free phone headset for $3.74. Also saw quite a few 52x CDRW drives for $9.98, started at $40. They must have been in the normal spot and moved to the endcap on this markdown.

There was also a mess of open item DVD players and such. At least a dozen different items. Kinda weird to see so many at once.

Just got back from Target in Mount Pleasant, Mi. Picked up an I/O Magic External DVD Burner. USB 2.0 Double Layer for $24.98, marked down from $100. I'd been looking for an external burner for my lap top for a while, so I'm quite pleased. I just hope it works well.

What's the cheapest that anybody's seen Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

There are a few copies at my store marked $9.XX and I didn't know if it'd drop to the magic $5 mark. I'd buy it then to go along with my penny guide.

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']here is a link to my overall target haul from yesterday and today..[/QUOTE]
Off topic, but did you ever walk around Kimball Ave asking people to join your Computer Programming club at Von?

[quote name='reibeatall']What's the cheapest that anybody's seen Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

There are a few copies at my store marked $9.XX and I didn't know if it'd drop to the magic $5 mark. I'd buy it then to go along with my penny guide.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it for $7.48.

I think the Target clearance on the PC games has stalled, because I know one Target that has had it for $9.98 for a month now. I finally found a copy of Hitman Blood Money, and after a solid month it was $7.48... I snatched it up though, last one they had. All the other games (Condemned, Civ 4 Warlords, about 7 Dark Messiah's) were all gone.

[quote name='ninjaspeedrazor']UPC: 7 88069 00899 0

Hope it helps![/quote]
yes it does! ASIN is then B0008153IU

EDIT: ASIN is not working on the online stock check sites :( too bad.

I just got back from the Columbus, OH Easton Target on lunch. They marked down a ton of game accessories.

I picked up:
Xbox 360 3-month live subscription gold pack (100 pts, Joust, another headset) - $7.48 - Last one, sorry

I saw:
Lots of Gamecube 251 memory cards - $5.xx
Wii 256 SD card + keychain pack - $6.xx
Xbox 360 optical cable - $2.xx
A few Gameboy Advance/Gamecube link cables - $2.xx iirc
Sony HDMI Cables - forget the price
Original Xbox headsets - forget the price
MadCatz (iirc) Xbox 360 component cables - forget
Tons of PSP cases

So, there ya go.

Oh, and 2 Sony 42" LCD HDTVs marked down to $799 (originally $1599)

A few PC games I found in the Sterling Heights, MI store, all for $13.98:

Star Wars Battlefront 2
Starcraft Battle Chest
Neverwinter Nights Diamond package
Civ III Complete

I don't think I saw any games or accessories for the consoles on clearance.

It would have been nice to see Civ III at a lower price, but considering my Sid Meier fandom and the fact that there were two copies left in a busy store...well, I had to bite. At least I know it'll be worth it. :D

[quote name='reibeatall']What's the cheapest that anybody's seen Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?

There are a few copies at my store marked $9.XX and I didn't know if it'd drop to the magic $5 mark. I'd buy it then to go along with my penny guide.[/quote]

Cheapest I saw it at my store was 10 before they disappeared.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']
Wii 256 SD card + keychain pack - $6.xx[/quote]

I'd buy 'em for that price... they should drop to that next week at my store. I'm gonna head out and see what they have in like a half hour.

Had the BEST score today from Target Clearance.

12 month LIVE card (fuck yes!!) $12.48
This D-Link Wireless G Notebook Adapter for $12.48

and they had these 256mb SD cards marked down from $14.99 to $3.74. I grabbed six (I didn't hoard, there were 5 left).. two for me, two for a friend, two for my bro. These are/should be Wii compatible.

Fantastic day.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I picked up:
Xbox 360 3-month live subscription gold pack (100 pts, Joust, another headset) - $7.48 - Last one, sorry[/quote]

I hope that means my neighborhood Target dropped their price, too. It was $20.98 when I was there this weekend.

My Target had virtually nothing. Those 15 256mb SD cards last week? All gone, along with practically every other Wii accessory. I'll bet people bought all that shit yesterday, since they probably got Wiis in.

How often do the clearances get reduced? these prices for last 2 weeks
My target has had the 12 month card clearanced at 32 and 3 month pack at 20.
I I also saw some wired controllers for 15 and wireless xbox controllers for 5. I am wondering if the xbox wireless could be used on a 360?

Hackensack NJ -

Wii Starter Kit - Stand/Strap/Wristband/512 SD/Other Stuff - 12.48
Various 360 Cables (Component/S-Video) - Varied upon cable
XBox DVD Remote - 7.48

no go for me on the Live cards...oh well. If anyone can find any and they want to unload, let me know. As for Live, I take it's 13 months from the day you sign up right, not the month?

Stopped by my Target (I-35 and Chouteau in Kansas City) this afternoon. Not much worth mentioning. I saw about 6 of the Wii Zelda messenger bags marked down to $7.94. I also saw some regular Gamecube controllers (wired Nintendo brand) for under $5.

[quote name='Chitown021'] I also saw some regular Wii controllers (wired Nintendo brand) for under $5.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Wii controllers for $5?

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh?

Wii controllers for $5?[/quote]
:roll: :wave:Sorry I meant Gamecube controllers (was trying to keep an eye on the little one and type at the same time). I corrected my original post.:wave:

[quote name='blandstalker']Strange day for me at Target. I hope it's not the shape of things to come.

At Target in the Irvine Spectrum:

Transformers Classics line all on clearance
Sennheiser sport earphones not on clearance (49.99 ouch)
PSP accessories on clearance but still too expensive

At Target in Aliso Viejo:

Transformers Classics line not on clearance
Sennheiser sport earphones 12.48
Wii magnet and organizer sets (w/out mem cards) 6.48[/quote]
Transformers Classics? So like this? http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/classics.jpg

Any of them are clearanced? Even the OP V Megatron?

I just hit my closest store and all they have were the 256 mb w/wallet for $3.74, they have about a dozen of them. Since I don't have a Wii I don't know if this size is good enough to get even though I might get one later on.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Transformers Classics? So like this? http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/classics.jpg

Any of them are clearanced? Even the OP V Megatron?[/quote]

Yes, those, all of them. Prime/Megatron/Jetfire and the Prime/Megatron
2 pack are 13.98, the others in the picture are 6.98. And Cliffjumper, Mirage, and Ramjet, also 6.98

Haven't seen any Megatrons or Jetfires, but they should be on clearance if you can find them.

Went to Target in Mission Viejo CA today:
Nintendo Memory Card 251 4.99
Wii Magnet boxes 6.48

No good computer stuff left, other than wireless notebook adapters. Some TVs and TiVos on clearance.

PC Games

$20.98
Call of Duty box (GOTY + United Offensive)

$13.98
Neverwinter Nights Diamond
Starcraft Battle Chest
World Series of Poker 2007
Galapago
Red Orchestra
CivCity Rome

$9.98
Star Wars Battlefront

$7.98
Bionicle Heroes
Hitman: Blood Money