Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The stupid in this thread is getting out of hand.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It's always hillarious how many people ask where to look. Instead of, you know, chancing heading out into the real world and being an adult.

Saw a 18 item package of PSP accessories for $12.48, 75% of the original $50.

This is it:

8795.gif

Here's the product page:
http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=245&CategoryImg=PSP_Accessories

[quote name='donut']Just saw quite a few worthwhile PSP assessories down 50%.
Too many to list....[/quote] One that I do remember is the Sony brand AC adaptor (PSP) for $14.98.

I went to the Greenville(Smithfield) RI Target today.

For Wii accessories, I saw a few things. What I recall is a bundle with a 256 MB card, and another undle with a 512 MB card.

Also, the two Platinum Wavebird Controllers (GC), were 20.98, I am guessing that is a 30% clearance, and hopefully will go down more, so I can jump on them.

There was also a ton of PSP stuff in that section of the video games. Also I saw some iPod nano gloves, and TiVo boxes, for 30% off.

EDIT: Oh, and absolutely no Wii games on clearance :whistle2:(

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The stupid in this thread is getting out of hand.[/quote]

Wow, you are such a great contributor to this thread by making that lame comment. FYI, here in Washington all the Target's I've been to have the 360 games behind the glass. So I was really wondering if people were finding them in the end caps or they were marked with red tags behind the glass case. But I guess you didn't really stop to think of that before you decided to be an asshole.

[quote name='EmeraldKing']Wow, you are such a great contributor to this thread by making that lame comment. FYI, here in Washington all the Target's I've been to have the 360 games behind the glass. So I was really wondering if people were finding them in the end caps or they were marked with red tags behind the glass case. But I guess you didn't really stop to think of that before you decided to be an asshole.[/quote]
Sometimes clearance games aren't marked at all with any price for me, they just sit there at the end of an aisle on a shelf along with other non-clearanced games that are around $20+. Tomb Raider Legend(360) and the Grand Theft Auto Double Pack(Xbox) are two such clearance games that I have found in this manner.

I definitely don't think clearance games have to be marked, or be found in a clearance pile. People should just look up the UPC codes in the store, or online, and enter them into a Target price scanner to actually be sure if a game is clearanced or not.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah. It's always hillarious how many people ask where to look. Instead of, you know, chancing heading out into the real world and being an adult.[/quote]

well you see, some of us actually work (like myself) and do not want to spend an exorbitant amount of time dredging through aisles to find these games. you, and your friend redvsblue, on the other hand probably can afford the time to waste your adolescent years visiting these retail stores on a daily basis in hopes to stretch your allowance money... good day

[quote name='monkeydeew']nooo someone jacked the extra copies of doa2 and overgfighteres i was hoarding. ugh they were so close to going to 7 but someone swooped them at 15, or maybe they were donated?[/quote]

I smile when I read stuff like this.

I hope the guy who found your stash is playing the games, rather than using them as trade-ins.

Picked up a 2 Game Value Pack from Target in Dumfries, VA today. I've never seen one like this before but heck for $1.74 can't pass on 2 PS2 games. The 2 games inside (separate games/cases) were PowerDrome and UFC Sudden Impact. I have found that this UFC seems to be somewhat rare and EBGAMES has it used for $34.99 (inflated). Didn't see anymore but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on these at other Targets.

BTW the DCPI # is 207121613 for anyone who can punch that number in their scanners and the upc on the box is 780332088562. Hope this info may help someone out. I've never seen this in the store before today and my guess is the game was in the back or something? Who knows?

"well you see, some of us actually work (like myself) and do not want to spend an exorbitant amount of time dredging through aisles to find these games. you, and your friend redvsblue, on the other hand probably can afford the time to waste your adolescent years visiting these retail stores on a daily basis in hopes to stretch your allowance money... good day"

Exorbitant amount of time? there is a big red sign that says "CLEARENCE" right over where the clearenced items are, and if theyre not there they're in the glass case with the rest of the games, and if THATS too much for you you can always ask one of the human bodies in the bright red shirts. if thats too taxing an ordeal for you, sorry.

Yeah, I've asked each time where the clearanced games are, and they always take me right there. Unless they're unmarked behind the glass.

[quote name='asdf2k6']are these games on clearance behind glass or found where all other marked down items are located?[/QUOTE]

These jerks won't help you man.

The games on clearance are usually either in the baby clothes section or in the automotive department. Sorry this was never brought to your attention in the 8 threads and 20k+ posts.

[quote name='asdf2k6']well you see, some of us actually work (like myself) and do not want to spend an exorbitant amount of time dredging through aisles to find these games. you, and your friend redvsblue, on the other hand probably can afford the time to waste your adolescent years visiting these retail stores on a daily basis in hopes to stretch your allowance money... good day[/quote]
Then pay full price for them somewhere else.

The idea behind this thread has always been to gather as much info as possible on the YMMV target clearances, so that CAGs can head out and be prepared to find the unmarked, 75% discounted game, be happy with the big score and occasionally share the wealth with other CAGs. I think some new members (and some older ones) have forgotten about this.

[steps off of soapbox and exits stage left]:D

i have my sheet of upcs with me everytime i go. in less than 5 minutes i know the price of everything in stock ... hella exorbitant

[quote name='asdf2k6']well you see, some of us actually work (like myself) and do not want to spend an exorbitant amount of time dredging through aisles to find these games. you, and your friend redvsblue, on the other hand probably can afford the time to waste your adolescent years visiting these retail stores on a daily basis in hopes to stretch your allowance money... good day[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're employed huh? Well at work do you expect everyone to do your work for you?

If you can't be bothered to stop at your local Target (perhaps on the way home from your fancy job even?) and walk through the electronics section looking for clearance deals then you're not going to get any deals. We can't do the work for you cause, had you read the thread or any of the many ones before, then you'd see that no 2 Targets are the same for the way the handle clearance so you're gonna have to decide whether you want to work or whether you want to get clearance games because apparently the "exorbitant" amount of time to find games is too much to handle while you're employed.

Well, my Targets pretty much hide their clearance games all over the place, but look toward the aisle endcaps at the back of the electronics/PC software sections, and don't be afraid to go about 4 or 5 aisles up. One of my Targets dropped a load of clearance games near the bikes.

redvsblue:
doing work for me? wtf? im not asking where the exact location of clearanced games are at store#xxxx. i was just curious if these games are found in glass cases at the electronics dept or scattered all over the place at the ends of every aisle. thats it. a simple question that you couldve simply ignored, but instead had to leave an incendiary comment. get off your high horse

[quote name='asdf2k6']redvsblue:
doing work for me? wtf? im not asking where the exact location of clearanced games are at store#xxxx. i was just curious if these games are found in glass cases at the electronics dept or scattered all over the place at the ends of every aisle. thats it. a simple question that you couldve simply ignored, but instead had to leave an incendiary comment. get off your high horse[/QUOTE]

"Get off my high horse"? This is coming from someone who said that I don't work, am a teenager, and that I live on an allowance based on 1 fucking post I made... :roll:

We can't tell you where to find the games because each store is different. Use some logic and assume that they're somewhere around the electronics section.

[quote name='asdf2k6']redvsblue:
doing work for me? wtf? im not asking where the exact location of clearanced games are at store#xxxx. i was just curious if these games are found in glass cases at the electronics dept or scattered all over the place at the ends of every aisle. thats it. a simple question that you couldve simply ignored, but instead had to leave an incendiary comment. get off your high horse[/QUOTE]

Actually if you didn't want a stupid response you shouldn't have asked a stupid question. Sure RvB comment could have just as easily been kept to himself, but it was made. Though it might have been directed at your question is is just a generalized statement referring to the overall thread. You then decide to get on the defensive and attack RvB while commenting on FriendofSonic's two cents. If you're over the age of 17 and been a member here for over 6 months you should be well aware of where clearance items are. They are typically on endcaps titled "Clearance" or sometimes behind the glass cases. This site is geared towards helping out CAG's, but if your lazy ass can't walk around a Target for 10 minutes then you deserve every comment that is directed at you.

Wow this thread has gotten way off course... I have one of them fancy jobs and have to pick up my son on my way home but I still manage to somehow find the time to stop by my local Target once a week and check for new clearance items. Every store is different. At my store I've found the few DS clearance games on an endcap near the computer isle in electronics.

Every store is different and unfortunately it does require a little bit of effort on your part to look for the deals. You might have to take 5 minutes to scope out the clearance endcaps and check the couple isles with the video game glass cases. Maybe other Targets handle this differently but mine does not have a CAG "I'm to lazy to take even 5 minutes to look around the store" clearance section where they keep all of the video game stuff they mark down.

Most CAGer have been kind and provided details on where they found discounted game in their store but as it's been stated several times CLEARANCE ITEMS AND LOCATION ARE EXTREMELY YMMV!

[quote name='Roufuss']Except that list is missing every PC game clearance... which is usual for CAG to skip that sort of thing.

PC:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Prey
Doom 3
Hitman Blood Money
Civilization 4 Warlords
Condemned
Dreamfall The Longest Journey
Civcity Rome
Caesar IV
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Left Behind

I'm probably missing a few... most of these games should be $15 and under by now, with many being $7.50. None of these games should be YMMV as being on clearance (but price will vary) as I saw all of these multiple times at multiple Target's.[/quote]

Add Splinter Cell Double Agent to that list pending confirmation today :)

[quote name='vingo']I just picked up on clearance from my Target In Philadelphia a Plantronics Xbox 360 wired controller that also works on my pc I got the controller for 14.98 it is regularly 29.99 check your local Target everywhere I checked it is still 29.99 This is my first post let me know how you make out[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you mean the Pelican TSZ wired 360 controller. How does the feel of it compare to the standard Microsoft 360 controller?

Is there a Target Clearance Thread in the Trading forum? It would be helpful for those of us who dont live near a Target clearance store and want these games for that price.

[quote name='life.exe']Is there a Target Clearance Thread in the Trading forum? It would be helpful for those of us who dont live near a Target clearance store and want these games for that price.[/quote]

There is one but no one ever uses it

[quote name='v0yce']Saw old 12 month XBL card for $24.

Great deal already. But will it drop further?[/quote]

I think it should drop down to around $12.50

Well don't I feel stupid, I found one at the Myrtle Beach, SC store today marked down to 34.98 and was amazed, first time I ever saw it on clearance. I picked it up. Oh well...

[quote name='doc005']I think it should drop down to around $12.50[/QUOTE]

CONFIRMED XBOX 360 PELICAN TSZ WIRED CONTROLLER $7.48 . Saw at least six at the Lindbergh Atlanta store: in Silver, blue and white.
Great for a cheapie extra, or so your little ones don't FUBAR your wireless ones on Viva! Great for rubber-banding on Rainbow Six and other games.

Analogue sticks seem about the same as MS factory, D-Pad is a little high off the controller face but seems more accurate than factory on arcade games (NICE), start button is a little too close to the blue (X) button but it is raised up high so you can feel it before you accidentally hit it. Triggers are good, shoulder buttons are very "clicky" which some people might like and some might not (now I can tell for sure if I have hit one so I, for one, like the clicky feedback).

I have only been testing it for about 45 minutes so your experience / mileage may vary.

FYI... Every Target store is given weeks of time to begin clearance of items. In other words, corporate states "All These Sku's Are To Be Clearanced". When store area floor managers get to it... they get to it. Further markdowns can take 1-3 weeks. You can go to one store and see this item for say $35 (1st clearance) yet another store has it for $25 etc. We have 6 Target stores within 20 miles (which is nice!) and I see this all the time. I can go to one, things are $7.48, over at this other one, $4.98 and sometimes even $2.48!

However... It does seem that now Target Employee's either A. Snipe up ALOT of it themselves or B. Inform friends (whatall) and they snipe em' up.

Last night's haul:
TDK MiniDV tapes - 2x60 min - $4.48
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (PC) - $7.48

They also had a bunch of cheapo childrens games on clearance. There was a Finding Nemo/The Incredibles 3 pack for $4.98, among other titles.

I didn't peruse the remaining items too closely, but I'm pretty sure about these:
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC) - $9.98
Left Behind (PC) - 7.48

I'm not sure if this is a trend, but my local Targets seem to be devoting fewer endcaps to clearance merchandise. More and more red-tagged items are being stocked in the aisles.

XBOX 360 PELICAN TSZ WIRED CONTROLLER $20.98 at my local Target (4 left). It'll be drop down $15 monday next week and $7.48 in another weeks.

I picked up Sudoku Grid Master for $4.98 at the Target in Clackamas, Oregon on Tuesday. It wasn't marked but it was on the clearance endcap. I scanned it and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't look to see if there were any more in the case.

Has anyone seen the official Wavebird controller for any cheaper than $20.98? I want to get it, but $20.98 is a little high, and if they got low enough, I would buy both of them. These seem to have been at my Target like forever. Any advice?

And I also see much more stuff being clearanced in the aisles as opposed endcaps. Most of these things are accessories however.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Has anyone seen the official Wavebird controller for any cheaper than $20.98? I want to get it, but $20.98 is a little high, and if they got low enough, I would buy both of them. These seem to have been at my Target like forever. Any advice?

And I also see much more stuff being clearanced in the aisles as opposed endcaps. Most of these things are accessories however.[/quote]

I would have bought them at $20.98 if I saw them on clearance, and evidently that's what people did since I saw them one week...read here that they were put on clearance...went back a day or two later, and all wavebirds were gone from every store I went to.

i got thet last wavebird at my target for 14.98 :) and i saw a wireless pelican ps2 controller for 15 as well as a 2pack of wireless ps2 controllers for 30 (but that one wasnt on sale yet)

Found about 4 old Xbox Live 12 month subscription cards for $24.98 at the Target in Bowie, MD off Route 301. I picked up one so there should be 3 left.

Mark of Chaos (PC) was still $24.98 at this store.

[quote name='rgtss']
However... It does seem that now Target Employee's either A. Snipe up ALOT of it themselves or B. Inform friends (whatall) and they snipe em' up.[/QUOTE]

I noticed with this console stuff, but nobody here ever touches the PC stuff... I only know of one other CAG in the area who buys it, and it seems none of the employees are ever interested.

I'm going to echo what someone else said about the clearance distribution at Target. I know mine has kind of kept the video game clearance stuff more with the rest of the merchandise and those end cap displays are becoming more often general electronics stuff (those stupid ipod accessories, random DVD players, etc.).

I guess I would say make sure you check the video game main section too for clearance stuff, it seems like accessories especially are increasingly left there with red tags. I know the red tagged Zelda messenger bag that has been at my Target for a couple weeks got moved from the end cap back into the video game section to be near the other accessories (no further price drop though this week, crap on that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back