Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='io']I don't know if this has been posted, but the 3 month Xbox Live kits are *finally* getting clearanced. I knew they would at some point as they expire at the end of June. They were still way too much ($20.98, down from the way too expensive $29.99). But if they go 75% that will be a nice deal. This was at a Target that doesn't have any of the Wii or 360 games on clearance so I suspect this will be more universal. These have a code for an arcade game as well, right? I have two 1 year kits (and no 360 yet) so I don't really need these things, but I'll get one cheap for the arcade game. I guess I can pile the 3 months on top of the 2 years (I think you can go up to 3??).[/quote]

Yes, you can stack up to 3 years on the Live subscription. Do you remember what arcade game comes with the 3 month card?

[quote name='ncibob']Yes, you can stack up to 3 years on the Live subscription. Do you remember what arcade game comes with the 3 month card?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, that's why I was asking :lol:. I think it might be Joust though.

[quote name='io']I dunno, that's why I was asking :lol:. I think it might be Joust though.[/quote]

Yeah, its either Joust or Robotron I think.

Damnitt. Tried ~20 games at Target that have been reported clearanced, and only one (Kameo, $7.48) was on clearance.

Looks like my Target sucks, so I won't be taking advantage of this clearance any time soon.

I checked the Wheaton, MD Target for clearanced 360 games and saw none (and they didn't even have Viva Pinata).

I forgot to mention on my last trip to Target that the Wii Zelda Messenger bag (not to be confused with the Wii Zelda sling bag, they are different) was clearanced down to 20.98 I think.

[quote name='maximumzero']What's everyone's success rate with tracking down SM64DS?[/quote]

Well, I only *physically* saw it on clearance at one store, when it was at $15. By the time it was $7.50, it was gone:bomb:

At the stores that have it at FULL price, I'm seeing it at about a 90% of them:cry::cry:

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I forgot to mention on my last trip to Target that the Wii Zelda Messenger bag (not to be confused with the Wii Zelda sling bag, they are different) was clearanced down to 20.98 I think.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... that's why it hasn't dropped. I thought that was the one everyone has been finding for $12. $20.98 here as well. Has been for the past couple of Mondays.

I found a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for $15 at a local Target. Good stuff. Just what I was looking for.

[quote name='Corvin']Ahhh... that's why it hasn't dropped. I thought that was the one everyone has been finding for $12. $20.98 here as well. Has been for the past couple of Mondays.[/quote]

The one I go to on lunch at work (Columbus, OH Easton store) seems to cycle through clearance merchandise pretty regularly, so I doubt I'll see it drop to $12. Of course, I don't know I have the nerd in me to carry around a Zelda messenger bag either :)

(Would be glad to pick it up for someone if it drops though.)

Went to Target here in Irving and picked up Viewtiful Joe for the DS.

It scanned at $0.00.
The clerked asked me what price I thought it was supposed to be, and I just honestly said about $7.98.

So that's what I got it for. There were like 5 left.

They had some of the other games, like Super Mario 64 DS but it was still 29.99.

[quote name='dallow']Went to Target here in Irving and picked up Viewtiful Joe for the DS.

It scanned at $0.00.
The clerked asked me what price I thought it was supposed to be, and I just honestly said about $7.98.
[/quote]You're a good person dallow.

FYI for any similar instances: I think VJ DS was at my Target for 4.98 before they sold out.

[quote name='guinaevere']FYI for any similar instances: I think VJ DS was at my Target for 4.98 before they sold out.[/quote]
Checked at my Target yesterday...still $14.99...

I cant find excite truck anywhere for wii. Especially for 34 or whatever is now. I did ask a clerk about one that was left about a drop..he had no idea..But a few days later it was gone. :roll:

Fullerton, CA (Yorba Linda) has Kameo at $7.48 in the scanners, but they're OOS. Kinda a bummer - I'd totally pick it up at that price.

Everything else I checked (Hitman, Table Tennis, Dead Rising, SM64, Blitz, LOTR) came up full price.

The other Target in Fullerton (Harbor), everything scanned full price with the exception of Table Tennis. It came up $19.98 instead of $19.99. Woo, a penny off!

[quote name='guinaevere']
FYI for any similar instances: I think VJ DS was at my Target for 4.98 before they sold out.[/QUOTE]

I bought one legitimately for $3.74 during the second drop (when they clearanced the "$14.99 restock" copies). That copy went to another CAG and I've been looking for more for trades. Since then I've found it at 3 other stores, all scanning "item not found" of course. And in each case when they looked up the price on the hand scanners they come up with $14.99 :cry:.

Any more reports on those 3 month Xbox 360 Live packs?

i saw a 3-month Xbox 360 Live pack clearanced for either $6.98 or $7.98 - but decided to wait and hope for another drop. i know it came with 100 points, but didn't see any XBLA game included.....

[quote name='thebob101']Just picked up Warhammer Mark of Chaos for $12.48 and Condemned PC DVD for $7.48.

Target in Greenbelt Plaza in Greenbelt, MD.[/QUOTE]

How good is that Target for clearances? I know I could take the bus there, but Prince Georges is closer.

[quote name='imacgod']How good is that Target for clearances? I know I could take the bus there, but Prince Georges is closer.[/quote]

Yay Marylanders! Has anyone seen any good Targets for clearances close to Calvert County?

[quote name='EvyLou']i saw a 3-month Xbox 360 Live pack clearanced for either $6.98 or $7.98 - but decided to wait and hope for another drop. i know it came with 100 points, but didn't see any XBLA game included.....[/QUOTE]
If you're seeing the 3 month gold pack in that price range, you're probably as low as you're going to get - unless you have a store that regularly gets electronics down to 90% off. The original price is $29.99, and 75% clearance would be around $7.50 (either 7.48 or 7.44). It should include Joust, though.

I was just in a Target (downtown Kissimmee) tonight that still had three, at the $20.98 price point. I'll wait at least until the 50% mark, though, since I'm set until late 2008.

I've bought two copies of VJ from Target for $4.98 and $5. The second was the $0.00 "name your price" version. I told the guy at the pharmacy $5 and he said "sound good to me". I've since seen copies of that and Gunpey in the glass game case on the bottom row (game spines facing out). I haven't had time but I wonder if those would ring up $0.00 and if I'd be able to get the $5 price?

YMMV on that, as both games are out of the system. And a note to those who want VJ, some stores have copies that have a $15 price tag AND/OR shelf tags showing the $15 price.

[quote name='Chitown021']I've bought two copies of VJ from Target for $4.98 and $5. The second was the $0.00 "name your price" version. I told the guy at the pharmacy $5 and he said "sound good to me". I've since seen copies of that and Gunpey in the glass game case on the bottom row (game spines facing out). I haven't had time but I wonder if those would ring up $0.00 and if I'd be able to get the $5 price?[/quote]

I will give $17 paypal per game to anyone that can get me copies of

GT Pro Racer for Wii
Monster 4x4 for Wii

I will give $15 Paypal for a copy of the Wii Poker game...

Drop me a PM if interested.

[quote name='guinaevere']Someone with a good memory remind me, did FFIV Advance ever go clearance at Target?[/quote]

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, it had a temporary price drop.

Damn, I stopped by a Target, and they had Ant Bully, Cars, Splinter Cell, all for Wii with the regular price tag labels behind glass. I need to print out UPC's for these so that I can check them out and see if they're clearanced. Most Target's clearanced them already right?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn, I stopped by a Target, and they had Ant Bully, Cars, Splinter Cell, all for Wii with the regular price tag labels behind glass. I need to print out UPC's for these so that I can check them out and see if they're clearanced. Most Target's clearanced them already right?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I've been to 3 Targets in my area and they are all full price. I think the consensus was that the new or remodeled stores haven't.

[quote name='Corvin']Nope. I've been to 3 Targets in my area and they are all full price. I think the consensus was that the new or remodeled stores haven't.[/quote]

Makes sense then, because that was a new Target. Opened about 8months ago.

I've been watching the price go down and down at my local Target in Seattle, WA. It went from $41.98 to $29.99 to $14.98. It had the orange/red clearance sticker on it inside the display case. I also saw X-Men III: The Official Game on clearance for $9.98.

I swung by 2 Targets (Manhattan Beach and Culver City). No copies left in Manhattan Beach and 6 in Culver City. But the game is still $59.99 there.

X-Men for $10? Wow, if I hadn't already bought it at $20, I would jump on that if I could find it... oh well :whistle2:(

... damn those YMMV Target deals! :p

[quote name='fidodido']I swung by 2 Targets (Manhattan Beach and Culver City). No copies left in Manhattan Beach and 6 in Culver City. But the game is still $59.99 there.[/quote]

I checked Fountain Valley, Costa Mesa, and Santa Ana. They were all @ 59.99. Going to SD for a day, so I'll check a couple of Targets along the way.

Wow DN, maybe you should be demoted back to a newb. As benjamouth has stated there is already a Target thread, so we don't need individual ones for certain games at said store.

Were they just marked at $59.99? Sometimes they are marked one price, but ring up at another.

[quote name='jazzman']I checked Fountain Valley, Costa Mesa, and Santa Ana. They were all @ 59.99. Going to SD for a day, so I'll check a couple of Targets along the way. If anyone in SoCal is interested let me know.

BTW, if anyone in SoCal finds one, please pick up an extra copy for me and pm me. Thanks![/quote]

[quote name='neudog']Wow DN, maybe you should be demoted back to a newb. As benjamouth has stated there is already a Target thread, so we don't need individual ones for certain games at said store.[/QUOTE]

Meh, leave him alone. I'd bite for 15 if I can find it, and it's unlikely I ever would have seen this deal if it were mashed together in the existing Target thread.

[quote name='ISHCM']Were they just marked at $59.99? Sometimes they are marked one price, but ring up at another.[/quote]

Negative, they all rang up @ $59.99. I even had them remove a couple of other games from the Target Clearance Thread, yet they were all @ regular price. Have you checked any of your local Targets?

As mentioned in the other Target thread, this is one of those games that's part of the notorious new YMMV Target deals. I've seen it at four different Targets and it scanned at $59.99 at each store. Let's hope this disturbing new trend does not continue.

If anyone finds another copy at this price, check my Trade List for a possible trade.

[quote name='Lynsanity']I will give $17 paypal per game to anyone that can get me copies of

GT Pro Racer for Wii
Monster 4x4 for Wii

I will give $15 Paypal for a copy of the Wii Poker game...

Drop me a PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Yes, because after Paypal deducts a $1 from us and shipping is $6 for each of the games due to a steering wheel, we would be loosing $3-$4 just to help you out. Makes sense.

[quote name='gizmogc']:lol:

Yes, because after Paypal deducts a $1 from us and shipping is $6 for each of the games due to a steering wheel, we would be loosing $3-$4 just to help you out. Makes sense.[/quote]Well, when you put it that way: aw3some!!!!1111!! I'm in 4 30 copies!! an early happy bday to you lynsanity!!!111!!!!!11

[quote name='gizmogc']:lol:

Yes, because after Paypal deducts a $1 from us and shipping is $6 for each of the games due to a steering wheel, we would be loosing $3-$4 just to help you out. Makes sense.[/quote]

$12.50 plus tax, about $1 paypal fee, $4-$5 shipping cost( cost for a big bubble envelope is included.) Well, I will say somebody will be losing $1.50 to $2.50 to help him out. Please note: you can not consider your time or gas worth anything. :applause: It really makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back