Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wouldn't even pay the $7 that you are willing to pay for Shadow Ops. That game is so bad. It's just an atrocity to gaming IMO. It's just terrible.[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware that people don't like the game.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm well aware that people don't like the game.[/QUOTE]

Eh, whatever than. A game that bad isn't worth $7 IMO. Have you played it yet? I rented it, so I know first hand how bad it is.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Eh, whatever than. A game that bad isn't worth $7 IMO. Have you played it yet? I rented it, so I know first hand how bad it is.[/QUOTE]

Hiccup, I wasn't asking for your personal opinion and review on the game. Again, I am well aware that it sucks fairly badly.

[quote name='Scorch']Thief and Shadow Ops: Red Mercury for $14.98 here.. Castlevania GBA classics for $9.98..

oh yeah, MY TARGET NOW HAS CLEARANCE GAMES~! Finally. If that Shadow Ops dips to $7 and some odd change, it's mine.[/QUOTE]

Scorch here in Michigan I was able to get a copy of Thief Xbox on Clearance for $7.48 yesterday at the Dearborn location but I bought the last one they had. The only other clearance game was Balder's Gate Dark Alliance Xbox and it was $7.48 too.

I am laughing because I almost caved in and bought it at the $14.98 price at another target a few weeks back.

Not a video game, but a game none the less. Target in Sioux Falls Sd had tons of Trivial Pursuit SNL edition (those ones with the dvd with questions) for 9.98 on clearance. Very much worth it if you like trivial pursuit or SNL.

saw a bunch of Rumble Roses and Neo COntra at Elk Groves Target all regular priced 19.99 for contra and 29.99 for roses possible chance for clearance?!?

Picked up Van Helsing XB 4.98
and thief XB 7.48

Wanted Burnout 3, possibly a clearance Castlevania, but I think they sold out

Also saw Tiger Woods 2004 for 7.98, microcon GC controllers 3.48 (too small for my tastes)
and Mafia PS2 for 9.98

Burnout 3 for $19.99 is wonderful, called the local one here and had them hold a copy for my brother.. he was mucho grateful.

Today I saw Burnout 3 (xbox) for $19.99 hanging out with all the platinum hits. The PS2 version was still in the case marked 39.99. Question: is the game worth $20 if I never play it online?

Also saw Suikoden 4 for 29.99- is that a good price?

Oh, I live in Ames, Iowa it it matters to anyone...

Today I saw Burnout 3 (xbox) for $19.99 hanging out with all the platinum hits. The PS2 version was still in the case marked 39.99. Question: is the game worth $20 if I never play it online?

Easily.

[quote name='videodrone']Was this a clearance or price drop?[/QUOTE]

Don't know what it was. It was in the case marked with a regular sign. Possibly a price drop. They only had a couple of copies left.

[quote name='daroga']Not sure if anyone has seen this, I picked up the Castlevania NES Classic for GBA for $5 at Target last night. YMMV[/QUOTE]

Been watching this one for weeks at my Target . . . still sitting at $9.98 :whistle2:(

[quote name='schultzed']Been watching this one for weeks at my Target . . . still sitting at $9.98 :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Did you scan it? Mine was still marked $9.99, but scanned at $4.99 yesterday. It was the last one, though.

I picked up Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark today for $4.98. It was the last one and it was in my secret hiding spot in the store :)
Maplewood, MN

[quote name='daroga']Not sure if anyone has seen this, I picked up the Castlevania NES Classic for GBA for $5 at Target last night. YMMV[/QUOTE]

Nice... I'll have to check the spot where I hid my copy tommorrow.

I saw Mario Party 5 for 13 bucks tonight before I headed into exams, as well as the above meantioned Neverwinter Nights. They had a couple of Enter the Matrix, but I don't remember the price on them.

[quote name='jshawnd']Did you scan it? Mine was still marked $9.99, but scanned at $4.99 yesterday. It was the last one, though.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing this (Target clearance with CAG assistance) for over a year. So, yes I did scan it . . . the tags (or lack of them) are meaningless. Keep in mind that these deals are always YMMV.

My Target used to be very well-stocked (in general) and sloppy about pulling clearance stuff. Several times last year I would say "could you scan that game (SH3 for instance) for me?" The clerk would say "it says $29.99 on the tag" pull if from the case and go wide-eyed when it scanned $7.48. Ahhh, the good ole days.

Lately, they have no stock period . . . I missed Psi-Ops, SH4 and others completely (boo hoo) and they pull quickly and my store seems to hold higher clearance prices longer than other stores (based on CAG reports). I now print off UPC codes for games I want and can just scan the code without having to touch the game.

Goto half.com and get the UPC code number for your item, input it into UPCdatabase.com (remove dashes) and you can generate the actual UPC for printoff. This is also great for TRU where the plastic cases and lack of a nearby scanner make it hard to check a game by yourself.

Not a video game deal, and technically not clearance. But the Shaun White Album DVD is now $1.00 at target. It wont have a red sticker, but thats the store wide mark down. So if you like that skating stuff you are in for a cheapass deal.

[quote name='starman9000']Not a video game deal, and technically not clearance. But the Shaun White Album DVD is now $1.00 at target. It wont have a red sticker, but thats the store wide mark down. So if you like that skating stuff you are in for a cheapass deal.[/QUOTE]

Regular price is $5.99. I haven't watched it yet, but I couldn't resist it at that price. It may have one of the large shelf tags in front of it, and it will be in with the normal DVDs, not in the $1 spot.

My dad went to TRU and got 2 KOF 2000-2001 for $3.00 each. I was so suprised! I'm glad I didn't get it for the 20 I could've yesterday.

AAARGH Suikoden 4 is the biggest letdown in history!!! that game is unplayable.. buy Suikoden 1 and 2 and rent 3.........4 will probably kill the series it's so bad......

I had one of the clerks scan Castlevania yesterday, and it came up as $13.--. It's their only copy, so either they won't drop the price, or they will & someone else will snatch it first. :\

They've also had Mario Party 5 for a couple of weeks, in the clearance section & scanning for an amazing $35. :| I should have re-scanned it yesterday I suppose - there were 2 previously, and yesterday I only saw one. So either someone wasn't that bright & bit at the $35 price, or it finally dropped again. I think I'd grab it for $13.

Same in Detroit area Targets, Brighton, Wixom, Farmington.

Castlevania still at 9.98
Matrix GC still at 9.98
Serious Sam PS2 still at 6.98
Mafia PS2 still at 13.98

Been at these prices for 3 weeks+

Huber Heights, OH

Xbox - Tiger Woods 2004 - $14.98
GC - Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - $7.48
PS2 - Power Drome - $2.48
GBA - Classic NES Castlevania - $7.98
PC - Unreal Tournament 2004 - $9.98
PC - Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $13.98

Also most of the $9.99 jewel case PC games were marked down to $6.98 or lower.

Miamisburg, OH

PC - Tribes Vengeance - $6.98

[quote name='radjago']
PC - Tony Hawk's Underground - $13.98[/QUOTE]

#1 - AMAZING price for UT2004.

#2 - THUG or THUG2 on PC? If it's the second, bah, if it's the first.. I didn't know they made the first on PC.

[quote name='darkje']Nice, I'll check my target tomorrow, that castlevania for GBA looks awesome for $5 :)[/QUOTE]

Just checked my Target today... GBA Castlevania is 4.98 in St. Petersburg, FL.

Bought a copy for myself, stashed one for my friend (since he's playing the waiting game and wants it for 1.98) and left two on the shelves.

[quote name='bmulligan']Same in Detroit area Targets, Brighton, Wixom, Farmington.

Castlevania still at 9.98
Matrix GC still at 9.98
Serious Sam PS2 still at 6.98
Mafia PS2 still at 13.98

Been at these prices for 3 weeks+[/QUOTE]

Picked up Serious Sam PS2 for $4.9x in Orange County, CA last week

[quote name='Scorch']#1 - AMAZING price for UT2004.

#2 - THUG or THUG2 on PC? If it's the second, bah, if it's the first.. I didn't know they made the first on PC.[/QUOTE]
It's THUG 2, sorry.

[quote name='radjago']Huber Heights, OH

GBA - Classic NES Castlevania - $7.98
PC - Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $13.98

Also most of the $9.99 jewel case PC games were marked down to $6.98 or lower.

Miamisburg, OH

PC - Tribes Vengeance - $6.98[/QUOTE]

Saw in CT
GBA - Classic NES Castlevania - $4.98
PC - Tony Hawk Underground 2 - $9.98

Jewel case pc games were $4.98

Picked up MS Fighter Simulator European Theater - $4.98

Was looking for Men of Valor for PC but no luck.

[quote name='shajek']Picked up Psi-Ops for $4.98. No red tag. I scanned a bunch and it was the only one cheap enough to buy.[/QUOTE]

Psi-Ops for which system? XB or PS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back