Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Unless things have changed, it's usually on Monday. And it's usually every 2 weeks for a drop in price but it seems that now, sometimes it is 1 week.

PS2 Robin Hood 4.98 (purchased)
PS2 NBA Jam 4.98 (purchased)
PS2 The Hobbit 4.98
PS2 Serious Sam 4.98
GBA Castlevania Classics 13.98

@ Target in Westminster, CA

[quote name='videodrone']My Target had
Serious Sam:SE
UFC: Sudden Impact
Polar Express
Kelly Slater: Pro Surfing
all PS2 for $4.9X[/QUOTE]

I also saw PS2 - Kelly Slater Surfing for $4.98 along with PS2 - Robin Hood, and PS2 - Hobbit. At another Target I saw PS2 - Tomb Raider for $9.98. Also saw Polar Express (PS2) again (I did see this on Mon or Tues somewhere else) for $13.98, and about 15 copies of Castlevania for GBA for $13.98 (the NES version - NOT a good deal!).

I found a single Xbox NHL 2004 and it was tagged $20.98 but was so far clearanced it wouldn't scan. I took it to the register and asked (since I have found in recent days that sometimes the floor scanners won't register but the hand ones will - actually, I just realized typing this that I should have asked for it to be hand scanned instead of at the register - doh!). She couldn't get anything either. I said that since it was $7.48 a few weeks ago it is probably 3 something now. She said "Well at THIS store it is $20.98". Yeah, OK. Not worth the trouble. I figure this was probably returned by someone from about a month ago.

Looks like a mini-flurry of new clearance titles. I checked out a few Targets today after having been to them a few days ago - didn't see most of these Mon or Tues so it looks like they clearanced mid-week this time?

I really wish I could find an even cheaper Champions of Norrath - I got it for $12.50 at the BB sale a few weeks ago. Never seen it at Target for any price though.

FWIW - Robin Hood is worth $13 at GR with the bonus. Haven't tried the others yet - anyone know (Pro Surfer, Hobbit)?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Pac-Man Fever, Hulk, Theif, and Mafia all $9.98 for PS2[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Thief for XBox is $9.98?!

[quote name='io']
I found a single Xbox NHL 2004 and it was tagged $20.98 but was so far clearanced it wouldn't scan. I took it to the register and asked (since I have found in recent days that sometimes the floor scanners won't register but the hand ones will - actually, I just realized typing this that I should have asked for it to be hand scanned instead of at the register - doh!). She couldn't get anything either. I said that since it was $7.48 a few weeks ago it is probably 3 something now. She said "Well at THIS store it is $20.98". Yeah, OK. Not worth the trouble. I figure this was probably returned by someone from about a month ago.
[/QUOTE]

Next time, try peeling off the price sticker before taking it to the register. That way they have to call someone to look up the last selling price, instead of just saying it's the stickered price or keying in the stickered price into the register.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Next time, try peeling off the price sticker before taking it to the register. That way they have to call someone to look up the last selling price, instead of just saying it's the stickered price or keying in the stickered price into the register.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Good idea. Oh well, if I ever get back to that part of town I'll try it. It isn't going anywhere at $20.98.

By the way, PS2 Hobbit only fetched $6.50 at Gamerush (that's with the $5 bonus) and I'm sure it gets much less at EB and GS, so not really worth it for trade-in fodder at $4.98, though probably worth that to play (I already have the GC version that I haven't played yet).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Next time, try peeling off the price sticker before taking it to the register. That way they have to call someone to look up the last selling price, instead of just saying it's the stickered price or keying in the stickered price into the register.[/QUOTE]

Scan it at a station first . . . sometimes the price is in the system. If it just comes up 0 . . . then take a tag off something else to save time . . . I'm not advocating that behavior . . . but you could do it.

[quote name='schultzed']Scan it at a station first . . . sometimes the price is in the system. If it just comes up 0 . . . then take a tag off something else to save time . . . I'm not advocating that behavior . . . but you could do it.[/QUOTE]

It did come up $0 at the scanner. I have no ethical problem doing as YoshiFan said and removing the orange clearance sticker, thus making them look up the *true* clearance price. Its not the same as exchanging stickers or pulling the secondary UPC's off of CC games to get the original $1.99 UPC underneath! I think they'd just have to have someone hand scan it and that would probably have brought up a $3.74 price or something close to that.

Oh well, no big deal - I've got more than enough trade-in games to get anything I might want at GR at this point.

I just got denied at Target!! I found a Syphon Filter Omega Strain on the shelf, which I remember seeing at $7.xx a few weeks ago, so I figured it must be $3 or $4 by now, so I had it scanned, and it came up as not in system. Excellent. So I took it to the electronics cashier and she scanned it, look confused, and some other dude came over to scan it with the hand-scanner thingy, and it came up as $0.00. Neither of them really knew what to do, the guy actually said "Do we just give it to him?" at one point...isn't that the ultimate CAG dream, a game for absolutely free? But no, wasn't gonna happen. They walkie-talkied someone else, and got the response that this game was "salvage" and they couldn't sell it. AAARGH.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I just got denied at Target!! I found a Syphon Filter Omega Strain on the shelf, which I remember seeing at $7.xx a few weeks ago, so I figured it must be $3 or $4 by now, so I had it scanned, and it came up as not in system. Excellent. So I took it to the electronics cashier and she scanned it, look confused, and some other dude came over to scan it with the hand-scanner thingy, and it came up as $0.00. Neither of them really knew what to do, the guy actually said "Do we just give it to him?" at one point...isn't that the ultimate CAG dream, a game for absolutely free? But no, wasn't gonna happen. They walkie-talkied someone else, and got the response that this game was "salvage" and they couldn't sell it. AAARGH.[/QUOTE]

Salvage means it's not in the regular POS system. They have handheld scanners that would've told them the price. I think you got hold of an uninformed sales person (or wanted the game and didn't want you to get it...). I'm thinking just uninformed - I will ask a salesperson walking around the store the price if something rings up 0.00 so I can have ammo when at the checkout line.

What they are suppose to do is go back in the history of the handheld and find the last price. They usually end up selling it to you for $4.98

[quote name='dinovelvet']I just got denied at Target!! I found a Syphon Filter Omega Strain on the shelf, which I remember seeing at $7.xx a few weeks ago, so I figured it must be $3 or $4 by now, so I had it scanned, and it came up as not in system. Excellent. So I took it to the electronics cashier and she scanned it, look confused, and some other dude came over to scan it with the hand-scanner thingy, and it came up as $0.00. Neither of them really knew what to do, the guy actually said "Do we just give it to him?" at one point...isn't that the ultimate CAG dream, a game for absolutely free? But no, wasn't gonna happen. They walkie-talkied someone else, and got the response that this game was "salvage" and they couldn't sell it. AAARGH.[/QUOTE]

They did this to me also at Target a couple years ago. I brought up a copy of King Of Fighters '99 for PS1 from the clearance section up to the register. It rang up as $0.00 and the chick at the register didn't know what to do. She called a supervisor and he told he to just sell it to me for $1.

That sucks they didn't sell it to you. They coulda just sold it to you for a buck or two.

[quote name='norkusa']They did this to me also at Target a couple years ago. I brought up a copy of King Of Fighters '99 for PS1 from the clearance section up to the register. It rang up as $0.00 and the chick at the register didn't know what to do. She called a supervisor and he told he to just sell it to me for $1.

That sucks they didn't sell it to you. They coulda just sold it to you for a buck or two.[/QUOTE]

I don't know all the in's and out's of Target, but have been shopping the clearance deals there for years, and what I do know that in situations like that, you have to find one of the folks with an LRT (I think...the handheld thingy) who can look the item up for the last price it sold for. For whatever the reason, the cash registers are on some sort of alternate system and do not have this info.

[quote name='terutt']I don't know all the in's and out's of Target, but have been shopping the clearance deals there for years, and what I do know that in situations like that, you have to find one of the folks with an LRT (I think...the handheld thingy) who can look the item up for the last price it sold for. For whatever the reason, the cash registers are on some sort of alternate system and do not have this info.[/QUOTE]

The key is finding a "team" member who can actually operate the LRT properly, as it's apparently not common knowledge.

Polar Express (ps2) - $9.98

[quote name='dinovelvet'] Neither of them really knew what to do, the guy actually said "Do we just give it to him?" at one point...isn't that the ultimate CAG dream, a game for absolutely free? [/QUOTE]

Did you take part in the TRU coupon/clearance dealy right before the end of 2004? With the coupon, some games rang up as free. I got Beyond Good and Evil and Chaos Legion for $0.00, which is what it says on the receipt. It'd be nice to get all those target clearance games for free as well though.

I picked up a copy of Night Caster II: Equinox for 1.64. It wasn't in the system so I had to find someone with a hand scanner. Although after looking at Gamespot and it's 1.9 score Might have been worth it to wait for it to drop to .82 cents.

[quote name='pinoy530']Did you take part in the TRU coupon/clearance dealy right before the end of 2004? With the coupon, some games rang up as free. I got Beyond Good and Evil and Chaos Legion for $0.00, which is what it says on the receipt. It'd be nice to get all those target clearance games for free as well though.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the good ol' days!

One nearby Target had Manhunt (Xbox) with no red-tag that scanned at $0.00. I asked a worker to double check and it rang up last sold at $7.48. I was hoping for less, of course.

Nyko speaker com headset 9.98 at Target in South Pasadena. I bought one. Needed a new headset.

sorry if this was posted already, I have to poop and i didn't wanna go though all the pages in this post.

I dont know whats been posted...so Ill just list everything I saw earlier today

I bought
Scrapland (PC) 4.98 (one left)
Warlords Battlecry III (PC) 4.98 (I got the ast one at my Target)

I didnt buy but remember seeing
Tribes Vengence (PC) 7.50 (one left)
Lords of the Realm III (PC) 5.00 (one left)
Polar Express (GC) 10.00 (a bunch left)
Locomation (or something, made by rollor coaster tycoon people) 5.00 (a bunch left)

There was 3 or 4 more games, I just cant remember them atm. This is from the Target on the Berlin Turnpike in CT.

Thanks for this thread. I was able to pick up Scrapland for $4.98.

They also had Gameshark for GC but it was 9.98 so I passed on it.

I finally found a copy of Silent Hill 4 (Xbox) at one local Target, but the clerk couldn't get it to ring up. Then he input the last reduced-price tag on the game case, $20.98 (or $23 and change with tax). Given the growing line of people, I said "no thanks" and left. :cry:

Moorestown, NJ:

PS2
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown $4.98
Metal Arms $4.98
Serious Sam $4.98

GBA
Castlevania (Classics) $13.98

[quote name='borg20001']Thanks for this thread. I was able to pick up Scrapland for $4.98.

They also had Gameshark for GC but it was 9.98 so I passed on it.[/QUOTE]

I ended up passing on Scrapland when it was $9.98, but all the copies were gone when I just checked. =(

I picked up the Gamesaves for GC for $9.98. Turns out that's basically the price straight from MadCatz and it's actually pretty sweet. It comes with a 64Mb memory card (1019 blocks!), along with a PSP compatible USB cable! (and a cheesy DVD case). And of course, it lets you copy savegames back and forth between your GC and your PC.

I don't know how much shipping is, but if anyone can't find one at their local Target, you can get one from MadCatz:

http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=6

I've been waiting for a drop on Myst IV: CE for weeks. Got it for $9.98 today. They also had the standard version of UT: 2004 for $9.98. I also picked up Scrapland and Secret of the Silver Earring for $4.98 each. They had Full Spectrum at $4.98 as well.

PO packs for Guild Wars were a penny too.

[quote name='CaptPete']I ended up passing on Scrapland when it was $9.98, but all the copies were gone when I just checked. =(

I picked up the Gamesaves for GC for $9.98. Turns out that's basically the price straight from MadCatz and it's actually pretty sweet. It comes with a 64Mb memory card (1019 blocks!), along with a PSP compatible USB cable! (and a cheesy DVD case). And of course, it lets you copy savegames back and forth between your GC and your PC.

I don't know how much shipping is, but if anyone can't find one at their local Target, you can get one from MadCatz:

http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=6[/QUOTE]

I found the GCN GameShark Gamesaves device yesterday for $4.98! I also saw Scrapland but it was marked $9.98 so I didn't bother with it.

Though in hindsight, seeing as how the GCN Gamesaves was marked $13.98 but I price-checked it and it came up $4.98, I should have checked Scrapland too. >_<

Ah well. Live and learn.

Bought Serious Sam: The Next Encounter for $4.98 at my local Target (Novi, MI). They had about 10 copies total, and about 3 copies of Hulk PS2 for $9.98 (I hated the movie so much there's no way I'd pick up the game)

Serious Sam is good fun. I whined a bit about Doom3 (XBox) on the newsgroups and I was again recommended Serious Sam for some REAL Doom-like action, so serendipity struck when I saw it for $4.98 this afternoon.

Hurry! pick it up b4 it GONE :)

Star Ocean Till the End of Time w/ Foil Cover $19.99 or $21.XX after taxes at Target today (STicker Price is $49.99).

[quote name='CaptPete']I ended up passing on Scrapland when it was $9.98, but all the copies were gone when I just checked. =(

http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=6[/QUOTE]

I went back to another Target B&M and found a few Gamesaves for GC and they were also marked $4.98. They also had Neverwinter Nights Expansion Nights of Unrentide (sp?) for $4.98. I was looking for Full Spectrum Warrior for PC for $4.98 but found no trace of it. Did see Men of Valor PC for 7.48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back