Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

Yes!!! Finally Star Ocean for only $20 and plus its in the foil box no less. Now I only need to do is actually find a copy.

Target in Port Neches, TX at Central Mall:

Psy-Ops (XBOX) : $9.98
GBA e-Reader: $2.54
iPod Firewire/USB 2.0 Combo Cable: $2.54

Since the newer iPods only come with USB, I thought this would be a nice deal for someone with an older Mac. Or maybe if you just need an extra cable.

My Target had about 6 copies of the Classic Castlevania last week for $13.98 . . . so, I hid one. This week it scanned at $9.98 but the other 5 were gone.

[quote name='shajek']One nearby Target had Manhunt (Xbox) with no red-tag that scanned at $0.00. I asked a worker to double check and it rang up last sold at $7.48. I was hoping for less, of course.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, same here. They had a bunch of copies of Power Drome for PS2 that scanned the same, but I got it for $2.48. They also had lots of Driv3r Bonus DVDs for $0.01.

[quote name='djak1']i saw this as well at my local target, but didnt pick it up b/c i dont have a PS2, but could this be a mistake? if i remember correctly, this game is only like 6 months old, and EB/GameStop still have it for $50.[/QUOTE]

6 months is a pretty long time for a game to be $50 these days. But I actually think it's been out closer to 9 months.

Saw these yesterday all for $9.98 in Livonia, MI, Haggarty rd & 8 mile.

Nick Party Blast (gc)
LOTR Return of the King (gc)
Harry Potter, prisoner of azkaban (gba)
Castlevania, NES series (gba)

Outlaw golf (ps2) $13.98

[quote name='bmulligan']Saw these yesterday all for $9.98 in Livonia, MI, Haggarty rd & 8 mile.

Nick Party Blast (gc)
LOTR Return of the King (gc)
Harry Potter, prisoner of azkaban (gba)
Castlevania, NES series (gba)

Outlaw golf (ps2) $13.98[/QUOTE]

Saw the same minus the Outlaw Golf down here in MD.

yesterday, here in NJ:

nickelodeon party blast (?) GC - $10
harry potter & the prisoner of azkaban GC - $10
freedom fighters XBOX - $5
thief XBOX $15
shadow ops: red mercury XBOX $15 (the other target still had it for $21)
max payne PC $5
psi-ops XBOX $10
star ocean: till the end of time PS2 $20

My local had:

Harry Potter: Quidditch PC (GC) - $7.48
Enter the Matrix PC (GC) - $9.98
Thief (XB) - $14.98
Hulk (PS2) - $9.98
Nyko Speakercom (XB) - $4.98 (worth it just to try voice command in Rogue Ops)

Is that "Star Ocean: Til The End of Time" a red tag clearance or a price drop? I checked all my local Targets and none of them had it in stock. Actually, I don't remember seeing it at any Targets since around the time it first came out months ago.

Anyone pick up an extra new "Star Ocean: Til The End of Time" to trade? My trade list is in my signature and I'd trade multiple games for it depending on which ones.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Is that "Star Ocean: Til The End of Time" a red tag clearance or a price drop? I checked all my local Targets and none of them had it in stock. Actually, I don't remember seeing it at any Targets since around the time it first came out months ago.

Anyone pick up an extra new "Star Ocean: Til The End of Time" to trade? My trade list is in my signature and I'd trade multiple games for it depending on which ones.[/QUOTE]

the one I scanned at target didn't have a red tag - it was thrown in with the rest of the clearance games, and I decided to scan it...might be a price drop though, b/c in another thread, the OP mentioned that outpost has it for $19.99 also.

I haven't gotten in on a Target Clearance deal in so long it's sad. I go there always hoping for something but nothing other than crap kiddie PC games are on clearance and they are already up to the brim with games that are just occupying shelf space. And this is at 2 Targets.

Homestead, PA (Pittsburgh):

These will likely still be there tomorrow:

UT 2004 PC CD: $10
Tony Hawk UG 2 (PC): $14
Castlevania GBA: $10
Tribes Vengeance (PC)...can't remember

I picked up the last Scrapland (PC) for $5. They had a lot of other PC games, though. Probably the best I've seen it in a while.

Southport Target
$7.48 Tribes Vengeance - PC (a few copies left)
$4.98 Scrapland - PC (I think I got the last copy)

I only seem to find stuff to pick up when I'm not going to Target to look specifically.

I saw some today I haven't seen listed:

Harry Potter Azkaban Gamecube - $13.98
Mario Party 5 - $34.98

These were in Sherwood, OR. They also had PS2 Polar Express, Hulk, and Tomb Raider for $13.98, but I have seen those for $9.98 at other Targets over the last few weeks - so it is strange they have them so high now.

Mario Party 5 was a bit of a shock - just to see it with that reddish-pink clearance tag. I have MP 4 and 6 already, so $34.98 for 5 isn't worth it for me - would have got it at half that. I almost got the Potter game, but then CAGness got the best of me and I decided I would only get it for less than $10. Heck, I got Chamber of Secrets when CC had it for $5 (or was it $10?) last year (not during the big sale - they just had it specifically advertised on sale at one point) and the kids and I have played it for a total of 30 minutes so far, so what's the point of getting Azkaban at all? :D

I hear ya, hiccup.

Every Target I've ever gone to only has games like Spongebob, or Fairly Oddparents. Nothing worth paying the $3 price tag on them. It's a shame. In fact, none of the Clearance Sales I see on here seem to be in my area.

Maybe I should move.

[quote name='the_gloaming']I hear ya, hiccup.

Every Target I've ever gone to only has games like Spongebob, or Fairly Oddparents. Nothing worth paying the $3 price tag on them. It's a shame. In fact, none of the Clearance Sales I see on here seem to be in my area.

Maybe I should move.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree. Targets around me have total crap...

kpxskim21 on the slickdeals.net forum posted a small list of games going to 19.99. The ones that he had found were:

PS2
MegaMan Command Mission X
Star Ocean : Til the end of time (confirmed)
King of Fighters
Metal Gear Solid 3 (I found it had dropped to 39.99 from 50, not to 20 :cry: )
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow

The other games I have not confirmed if they are $20. I was wanting to get MGS3 since I got the guide for a penny.

For any of those who picked up burnout 3, I have two burnout 3 guides and would be willing to trade. I'm mainly looking for rpg guides. I'm mainly looking for star ocean 3, either xenosaga games, ZOE2, or any other games in my collection. I have a few other guides too.

Target Culver City....

Thief Shadows XBox $9.98 (one copy)
Castlevania classic gba $9.98 (tons of copies)

If they had the Eye Toy Groove WITH Cam it would have been $13.98 as the tags on the shelf were still there.

question for anyone who knows the answer since i didnt want to look through 57 pages of this thread to see if its been already answered, but does target's 14 day price adjustment rule apply for video games (price goes lower than what you paid within 14 days, bring in the receipt, and they'll credit back the difference)?

thanks in advance :D

The South Lakeland, FL Target has a few "Mario Party 5" for $24.98. I've been waiting for that game to go down for a long time now. I found "Mario Party 6" cheaper long before 5 finally dropped! I didn't think that game would last much longer at that price, so I just bought it now. I always get my money's worth out of the Mario Party games anyway.

They also had "Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness" (PS2) in the original holofoil case (non-GH) for $13.88, "Serious Sam: Next Encounter" (PS2) for $4.98, and a ton of "Classic NES Series: Castlevania" (GBA) for $9.98.

One copy of each of the following at the Target in west Madison, Wis.:

Harry Potter: Azkaban
LotR: Return of the King (PC)
Need for Speed Undergroud: Hot Pursuit 2

All Gamecube, all $14.

My local Target actually got more copies of Burnout 3 (XBox) in today. Might want to call and see if yours got any!

It's a shame that none of you will give Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (assuming you're talking about that one) a chance. It's actually a fairly decent platformer.

[quote name='Scorch']It's a shame that none of you will give Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (assuming you're talking about that one) a chance. It's actually a fairly decent platformer.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, but I'll have to get my platforming from a source that isn't an annoying-as-hell television show.

"Classic NES Series: Castlevania" seems to be $4.98 at every Target now. When they were $14 to $10 each I saw dozens at every store, but they'll probably fly off the shelves now at that price. It's a can't miss deal now! I bought mine during the Christmas sale for $12.88 and more than got my money's worth out of it.

[quote name='RightBastard']Target in Colma, CA had Tribes Vengence at $7.50. I also snagged a copy of American McGee's Scrapland at $4.98, down from $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I saw Scrapland for $9.98 at mine, and yes I scanned it to make sure.

[quote name='GunstarRed']"Classic NES Series: Castlevania" seems to be $4.98 at every Target now. When they were $14 to $10 each I saw dozens at every store, but they'll probably fly off the shelves now at that price. It's a can't miss deal now! I bought mine during the Christmas sale for $12.88 and more than got my money's worth out of it.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I just scanned it today at my target, and came up at $13.xx.

Hi, has anyone else confirmed the $14.99 price for the Need for Speed Underground 2 for the Gamecube. My Target had the game in the case and there was no one around to check the price for me.

Thanks,

VGC

[quote name='n00bie']I saw Scrapland for $9.98 at mine, and yes I scanned it to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Its 5 bones at mine, must be regional price difference at yours.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Not true. I just scanned it today at my target, and came up at $13.xx.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went to two Targets today that are about 15 miles apart. It was $4.98 at one and $13.98 at the other (scanned).

Thief and Shadow Ops: Red Mercury for $14.98 here.. Castlevania GBA classics for $9.98..

oh yeah, MY TARGET NOW HAS CLEARANCE GAMES~! Finally. If that Shadow Ops dips to $7 and some odd change, it's mine.

[quote name='Scorch']Thief and Shadow Ops: Red Mercury for $14.98 here.. Castlevania GBA classics for $9.98..

oh yeah, MY TARGET NOW HAS CLEARANCE GAMES~! Finally. If that Shadow Ops dips to $7 and some odd change, it's mine.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even pay the $7 that you are willing to pay for Shadow Ops. That game is so bad. It's just an atrocity to gaming IMO. It's just terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back