Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

i never check out my goodwill, maybe i should start, might stumble upon some nice older games.

does target or other stores really sell their crap that wont sell to goodwill?i didnt know that

[quote name='mkg12']i never check out my goodwill, maybe i should start, might stumble upon some nice older games.

does target or other stores really sell their crap that wont sell to goodwill?i didnt know that[/QUOTE]

In the Triangle area they do. My mom works at the one where they get the majority of the stuff, and I try to get her to tell me if they get any games in

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Eye Toy Groove, just game is still holding at $7.48, I was hoping it would possible be down to $3.74 by now (even though I know most stuff doesn't go past 75%) off.
[/QUOTE]

Can I nominate YoshiFan1 for the Cheapest Cheap Ass Gamer award?

[quote name='Toohumanlive']Mankato, MN

Xbox
Madden 2005 - 13.97
Prince Of Persia - 5.29[/QUOTE]

I live in Wells MN and work in Mankato

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Eye Toy Groove, just game is still holding at $7.48, I was hoping it would possible be down to $3.74 by now (even though I know most stuff doesn't go past 75%) off.

Not game related but Easter stuff is 75% off today (computerized markdown so it's not YMMV like other clearance stuff), lots of cheap candy.[/QUOTE]

TRU has Eye Toy Groove no cam marked down. The one in Sunnyvale, Ca had them for $5.48 so you might want to check a local one.

Thanks for the info but as of yesterday, it was still $11.98 at my TRU. I'll probably just go back and pick it up at Target for $7.48 since I don't think it's going anywhere (tagged $29.99)

Danvers, MA Target

Bought:
Psi-Ops (PS2): $4.98 (had to scan it with the handscanner, 1 left behind glass)

Saw:
Tribes: Arial Assault (PS2): $9.99 (clearence rack, couple left)

Originally Posted by YoshiFan1
Eye Toy Groove, just game is still holding at $7.48, I was hoping it would possible be down to $3.74 by now (even though I know most stuff doesn't go past 75%) off.

[quote name='othergames']Can I nominate YoshiFan1 for the Cheapest Cheap Ass Gamer award?[/QUOTE]

Lol. Well said. I'm betting if it hits $3.74, he'll hide it on a shelf till it goes to $1.88!

I would if I knew it would be marked down to that level :D

I know sometimes games do go past the 75% markdown (once I found Time Crisis 2 w/ the Guncon 2 for $7.44, when it was originally $59.99), but it doesn't seem to happen often.

saw a bunch of Max Payne 2 at Lagunas and lots of Megaman collection for cube at Consumnes Target they weren't cleared out though.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I would if I knew it would be marked down to that level :D

I know sometimes games do go past the 75% markdown (once I found Time Crisis 2 w/ the Guncon 2 for $7.44, when it was originally $59.99), but it doesn't seem to happen often.[/QUOTE]

TC2 is clearenced? *runs*

The Targets near me don't seem to have any deep clearance sections of the sort you guys are mentioning here (just a $19.99 section). Nevertheless, I did find an untagged copy of Unreal 2 XBX that would only scan $0.00, and was given a price of $4.98 for it.

[quote name='radjago']I went to 3 Targets over the weekend and not a one had a single red-tagged console game on clearance at all.[/QUOTE]

More often than not, the clearence games aren't labeled. You either have to scan the UPC, or print out a bunch of different UPCs to check by yourself. Get the number from www.half.com and then generate the UPC from www.milk.com

[quote name='evilmax17']TC2 is clearenced? *runs*[/QUOTE]

It was clearanced, I guess I should have specified that that was a while ago (like in 2002), I was just using it as an example.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It was clearanced, I guess I should have specified that that was a while ago (like in 2002), I was just using it as an example.[/QUOTE]

hehe. Too late. He is probably terrorizing Target employers now.

[quote name='evilmax17']More often than not, the clearence games aren't labeled. You either have to scan the UPC, or print out a bunch of different UPCs to check by yourself. Get the number from www.half.com and then generate the UPC from www.milk.com[/QUOTE]

I realize that, but usually they have an endcap in the back with all the clearance games. Maybe those stores aren't pulling clearance games anymore.

Yeah, the recent rash of clearanced games seems to be done with. Here in suburban Portland, OR a few weeks ago all the Targets had at least something red-tagged. Now, the only one with anything left is the Wilsonville Target which still has about 20 copies of NBA Live 2004 for PS2 for $7.48. I've been waiting for 3 weeks for that to drop but it hasn't. The strange thing is that yesterday it didn't scan - says it isn't in their system. I've been scanning them every time I'm there (about twice a week) to see if they ring up less than marked. Now it is out of the system entirely. I'm hoping this means they will manually reduce them soon (maybe today?). But probably not - they'll just sit there at $7.48 until they run out (it does look like they've gone from 50+ copies to 20+ copies in 3 weeks - so someone *is* buying them). But this might also simply be because they emptied out the clearance end cap (there used to be a bunch there) and the only ones left are on a shelf in the games section. Not sure what they would have done with all those other copies though (hoping they went in the back to get retagged at $3.74).

Grabbed Civilization III (PC) for $4.98 at the Cool Springs, TN Target. They also had a few Myst IVs and Tribes: Vengeances, plenty of Black Hawk Downs, et cetera. Of special note: they had three or four copies of Unreal Tournament for the Dreamcast, only $14.98! Woo!

hmm, I found a copy of .hack part 4 today but it scanned as 'item not found'. anyone know the approximate price on this? I know I can get one of the employees with the handscanner to check, but I didn't see anyone there and I'm wondering if it's worth the trip back. I remember it hit $15, then maybe ~$7.50, but I don't remember anyone saying it went lower than that, which is weird assuming that target generally drops items to 75% off, right?

[quote name='sanjuro']hmm, I found a copy of .hack part 4 today but it scanned as 'item not found'. anyone know the approximate price on this? I know I can get one of the employees with the handscanner to check, but I didn't see anyone there and I'm wondering if it's worth the trip back. I remember it hit $15, then maybe ~$7.50, but I don't remember anyone saying it went lower than that, which is weird assuming that target generally drops items to 75% off, right?[/QUOTE]

I got it for ~$8, but Target is one of the most YMMV stores when it comes to prices. You're really gonna have to get an employee to hand scan it. Could be ~$3, could be ~$20.

NWN: Hordes of the Underdark for only $9.89. But the platinum edition seems pretty cheap on Ebay.

In the past I was lucky to get Boktai - The sun is in your hands (GBA) and Lufia 3 - The Legend Returns (GBC) for only $5 each.

Anybody know if Capcom Fighting Evolution is being discounted yet? Every target I've been to has tons of them, and it seems like a prime discount candidate.

GBA NES classic series Castlevania, $13.98, there were about 10 of these. Not much of a deal. Also saw the previously mentioned Xbox Speakercom for $13.98. I'd get it for $7.48 if it drops again, but...ehh no big deal.

[quote name='evilmax17']Anybody know if Capcom Fighting Evolution is being discounted yet? Every target I've been to has tons of them, and it seems like a prime discount candidate.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried scanning them? The scanners located in-store should show the price, clearanced or not.

Does anyone know what happened to all that info we had on the printing the barcodes? I seemed to have disappeared. There are some games I'd like to check the prices on, but I don't really feel like asking someone.

[quote name='erehwon']Does anyone know what happened to all that info we had on the printing the barcodes? I seemed to have disappeared. There are some games I'd like to check the prices on, but I don't really feel like asking someone.[/QUOTE]

Try this:

http://www.upcdatabase.com/

The Target in Wilsonville, OR *finally* reduced all those PS2 NBA Live 2004's they had from $7.48 to $3.74. For a while I thought they had sold about half of their 50 copies, but it turns out they had just pulled them into the back to get retagged (they were gone for over a week) - because in the clearance section they are marked $3.74 but in the shelf nearer to the other games they are still marked $7.48 (those haven't been touched in weeks).

It's worth $10 trade-in at Gamerush (with the $5 bonus) so I picked up a few. There's still nearly 50 left :)

If it is really true that they salvage the games after not selling them for a while I might have to grab a few more before they just take them away.

My Target has tons of AA and AAA Duracell 8-packs clearanced for $1.20, although the batteries don't expire until 2011. They come packaged with a NASCAR toy car. $0.15 for a AA is hard to beat. They're located with the electronics at my Target.

It depends on the store. Most stores have an endcap in the electronics section with all electronics clearance items. Other stores might still have the games in the case (with or without a clearance tag)

I finally saw a new item on clearance (at the Target in Clackamas, OR) - Polar Express for PS2 was $13.98. There were 2 copies on the endcap. Now don't hurt each other trying to get them! :)

But seriously, maybe this means a few more things will show up since this is the first new clearance game I've seen in about 4 weeks. My 5 year old son is interested in Polar Express because he liked the movie. Luckily he didn't see the clearanced ones, because had he seen the orange tag he would have known it was "on sale" (he's learning how to be a CAG), and I would have had to say no. It would have to be about $3.50 before I'd give it a shot.

I went to a few stores in the Atlanta area and found some stuff
Shadow Ops XB 14.98
Thief XB 14.98
Serious Sam 2nd Encounter PS2 4.98
Hulk PS2 4.98
Tomb Raider AoD 4.98
Metal Arms PS2 4.98
I know I'm forgetting something...I'm sorry I didn't have my notepad.

[quote name='metallica147852']Is there a day when they stock there clearance? im thinking maby tuesday[/QUOTE]

mondays. every other one i believe.

Two Notch Target in Columbia, SC

All that is on clearance right now are PC titles.

Picked up City of Heroes for $9.98.

UT2004 is $19.98 now. There are a few more things there. Prices still on the high side.

Also the little $1 section they have at the front of the store have a few PC games. Picked up Caeser 3 and Pharoh for a buck each. Nothing else to exciting.

Saw Scrapland and CoH for $9.98 each at Rivergate (Nashville, TN) Target.
Also, Kirby Dreamland (GBA) was like $20.98, as were some PS2 and Xbox games that I didn't really take note of (since that is too much $$$ for my cheap a$$).

After not going to a Target in the longest time, I went to one last weekend. Saw absolutely nothing. Just some junk computer games (mostly kiddie games like blue's clues, etc.) and nothing else. I saw they had one last Capcom Fighting Evolution which I thought was on clearance, but alas it tis not.

City of Heroes for PC was $9.99, Full Spectrum Warrior for PC was $9.99, Tiger Woods 2004 for Xbox was $14.99, Kirby for GBA was $20.98, Syphon Filter Omega Strain $7.48, and Serious Sam Next Ecounter for PS2 was $6.98.

When does Target mark down the prices for the games that are already on clearence? Is there a specific day that this happens, and a duration between drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back