Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Seems like it would be clearance if it is red tagged, probably more definently clearance. And Target clearances usually have the same games store-to-store, but not always the same price. Anyways, is this game anything special? I never really bothered to look into it much. If it is good, I will look for it next time I go to Target.

[quote name='DomLando']Might go pick this one up. Should I get the PSP or DS version?[/QUOTE]
PSP version looks and sounds better, DS version controls better. I mean, I know what's more important to me.

[quote name='mkelehan']PSP version looks and sounds better, DS version controls better. I mean, I know what's more important to me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I will probably be picking up the DS version.

I saw it tonight for the same price. Decided to skip since I don't need another puzzler, not to mention the 20 games I need to play :)

I picked up two copies of the Karaoke Revolution 3 bundle at my Target for $42 each, and also got Gunpey DS for $15 :)

Oh and just FYI, I saw that iPod HiFi thingy at my Target at something like $175, instead of the $200something I'd seen some mention it at.

[quote name='paean']I saw it tonight for the same price. Decided to skip since I don't need another puzzler, not to mention the 20 games I need to play :)[/quote]
Only 20? Shit! I got 100 some I got to play, what kinda CAG are you?

*Besides better with spending and self control*

Saw Sonic Advance 3 clearanced at $13.98 and Zoo Keeper for $10.43. They also had one last Master Sword/Hylian Shield set, marked at $19.99.

[quote name='royal']Actually you'd be quite surprised at how many Target employees keep the stuff for themselves when they hit 75%. I've many a time overheard Target employees making sure they got all the good clearence stuff before they got marked down for the public. Kinda pisses me off that they can do that, but I guess if you worked there you would do the same thing.[/QUOTE]

That is why you stash stuff in the store. I've scored items from $2.98-$4.98 due to the fact no one finds them and they eventually are removed from Target's System. As a matter of fact I hid one of those Twilight Princess Shield's at a Target in Texas during the holidays and pretty sure I can get my bro to pick it up when it is out of the system. I know this is wrong to a certain extent, but like many members I'm fed up with the amount of stuff employees deprive the consumer. I'll admit I'd do the same if I was an employee, so stashing stuff is my way at getting it before employees have the oppurtunity.

[quote name='mkelehan']PSP version looks and sounds better, DS version controls better. I mean, I know what's more important to me.[/quote]

Any time I can play something on my DS and not my psp (aka dust collector since I managed 999,999 on Lumines), I'm down.

I think the music is as different as the visual style between the PSP and DS versions too. (more modern/contemporary VS more kiddy/cartoony)

can anybody who's played the game offer any advice as to whether or not it's a good get?

Real World Golf Bundle (PS2) was red sticker clearanced at $34.98. Not a deal now, but maybe after much further drops.

Syberia Limited Edition (PC) was also tagged at $6.98

I'm heading over to grab the last copy of Battalion Wars for $7.48 in downtown Minneapolis. It will also help that I get a 10% team member discount :) (I work at Corporate, Target.com specifically)

Gunpey DS- 13.98
Hitman 2 (PS2)- 13.98 (70 copies)
Donkey Konga- 9.98
Burnout Legends (PSP) - 9.98
Halo Faceplate- 9.98
12 Month X-Box 360 live starter sets- 29.98
X-Men Legends 2 (psp)- 9.98
Wipeout Pure- 9.98
Kirby canvas curse- 9.98
Plus a lot more

Matteson, IL

Got this at release. Seemed barebones and boring after about two hours. Then, as with all great puzzlers with huge re-playability, something *clicked* and I have been unable to get this out of my PSP for two months.

Stick with it and you will be rewarded.

Also: Practice your ass off on 10x10 mode and you will OWN in standard.

I'm looking for a sealed PSP version of Gunpey. My Targets don't carry it.

I have a sealed Dungeon Siege:TOA to trade plus $5 to even it out. I didn't have a coupong for DS:TOA.

PM if interested in trading

Is Gunpey PSP on clearance? My Sears doesn't even carry it.

If someone has a sealed extra, I'd trade a sealed Dungeon Siege:TOA + $5 to even it out.

PM if interested

Edit - managed to trade for one already

What Kirby Canvas Curse was on sale?

They had one copy of it left behind the case....doh...ill go back sometime and ask about it if its still there....

WEnt today and was surprised that they had so much Zelda Sword packs.....I mean they weret there 2 weeks ago but no they have a whole back wall full of em at the $19.98 price. Same price as 2 weeks ago but didnt somebody say that this was the lowest it was going to get?

[quote name='icruise']I mentioned the iPod Hi-Fi a little while ago. I went to Target again yesterday and it was down to 50% off ($174.99). Still too rich for my blood, but if anybody sees it go lower it would be good to get a heads up here. I'll try and do the same. I'll probably stop by again on Friday and definitely on Monday. $87 would be an absolutely amazing deal for this system. My Target only has one of them, though, so I'm worried that it'll disappear before it can go that low.[/quote]

Yeah I'm keeping my eye on this too. The Target I went to today has three of them, I'm hoping when they hit 75% at least one of those will be left. I'll def be checking again soon, would appreciate a heads up if anyone sees this hit a lower price then the current $174.xx.

Today I got:

Gunpey DS $14.98
Kirby Canvas Curse DS $9.98
Tak The Great Juju Challenge GC $9.98
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA $14.98
Battalion Wars GC $7.48
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble DS $9.98
Megaman Zero 4 GBA $9.98

I played it, on PSP. The game is HARD as hell. Very difficult, something clicked though. It's addictive but very difficult. You will not unlock skins as fast as lumines

I grabbed it at $175, though I had a 10% off coupon which made it a little better. Great speaker, but I'm having a hard time justifying that I actually need this thing.

[quote name='lawdood']Yeah I'm keeping my eye on this too. The Target I went to today has three of them, I'm hoping when they hit 75% at least one of those will be left. I'll def be checking again soon, would appreciate a heads up if anyone sees this hit a lower price then the current $174.xx.[/QUOTE]

Madagascar (XBOX) $9.98
Ultimate Spiderman (XBOX) $9.98
Sonic Advance 3 (GBA) $13.98
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (GBA) $9.98
DK: King of Swing (GBA) $9.98
Twisted Metal (PSP) $9.98
Burnout Revenge (XBOX) $9.98
Pikmin 2 (GC - Non PC) $9.98

Thanks, OP! Got my DS copy in Baldwin Park, CA; the price on the shelf was $29.99, but I paid $14.99 + tax; just have someone check the price. Great game by the way; I totally overlooked this awesome puzzler and I regret doing so; great music, fun and addictive gameplay!

Canvas Curse was out everywhere I checked in Portland, OR

I picked up an extra Viewtiful Joe DS if anybody would love to trade a Canvas Curse to me.

Scored today and the Target at the Aveneus today here in Jacksonville, FL

3 Kirby Canvas Curse 9.98
1 Yoshi Touch and Go 9.98
1 FF 1&2 Dawn of Souls $20.98 ( not a great price but I didnt have and cheaper than ebay)
zelda Sword and sheild set 19.99,

Had a 10% off coupon from my target credit card so the damage was right under $75..

[quote name='donut']My store went from 20 units to 1 ( I picked up the last one) at the $19.98 price.
...might not want to wait too long....[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I went in today and picked mine up. They must have had about 20 on Monday, down to just about 7 this evening. Of course the ones that were there had the 29.98 sticker on them which is probably the only thing keeping them there.

I didn't get anything else everyone's been bragging about- my Target is barren.

[quote name='icruise']Where'd you get the 10% off coupon?[/QUOTE]

I have a Target credit card. They sent out the coupons to everyone that spent $250 on the card over the holidays, I think.

Also, in general, they send you a 10% off coupon (for an entire day of shopping) for every $1,000 you spend. It's better than the usual reward of other credit cards (typically 1% or 2% cash back), if you use it to buy something big. The only downside is that the coupon typically has a relatively close expiration date.

I normally don't advocate store-related credit cards, but if you don't carry a balance, this is a pretty good card to have.

What's so great about the sword and shield for Zelda?

I bought one since I found the last one, but seriously... it sells for crap on Ebay and it looks worse than Voltron's sword and shield... =P

[quote name='nikkai']What's so great about the sword and shield for Zelda?

I bought one since I found the last one, but seriously... it sells for crap on Ebay and it looks worse than Voltron's sword and shield... =P[/quote]

I mostly wanted the CD. The sword and shield look pretty cheesy.

damn, wish my target would have kirby cc and yoshi tag. i saw a gameboy player at the one near me a couple weeks ago and i'm kicking myself for not buying it. two days later it was goneee.

might pick up zoo keeper. seems quirky enough for me. even though i need to lay off buying ds games for awhile.

Zoo Keeper is basically an improved version of Bejeweled. Very addictive little game, and the puzzle mode gives it quite the replay value.

I picked up Battalion Wars @ $7.48 and Donky Conga 2 for $9.98. I am having a blast with Donky Conga 2 ... I had no idea it had so many good songs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back