Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Target at 50th & May

Advance Wars DS $9.98
Doom 3 $9.98

There was a whole stack of games on the clearance rack and spread through a couple of other areas. I didn't really get much of a chance to dig through everything.

I've been trying to find this game, it's just not in stock anywhere that I know of. Get it if you find it...or wait for it to hit used shelves eventually.

I got Mercenaries for 13.98. The clearance section at Hayward, CA was disappointing, but I did pick up a Wii while I was there for my cousin. Wasn't even looking for one when I saw three boxes there...

Saw at Target today:

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA) $14.98
Shrek Super Slam (GBA) $9.98
That's So Raven 2: Supernatural Style (GBA) $9.98
The Spongbob Squarepants Movie (GBA) $13.98
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (GBA) $6.98
Diablo II (PC) $4.98
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (PC) $4.98
Dreamfall (PC) $7.98
Nancy Drew 2-in-1 Tower/Scene (PC) $4.98
Empires: Modern World (PC) $4.98
Quake IV (PC) $7.98
Syberia: Limited Edition (PC) $6.98
Batallion Wars (GC) $7.48
One Piece: Pirates' Carnival (GC) $9.98
Zelda Sword & Shield Replica $19.98

They had plenty of copies of all if anyone needs me to go back for them. I'm looking for Ultimate GnG (PSP), Dungeon Siege (PSP), and OutRun C2C (PSP) from BB if anyone wants to trade.

[quote name='zuldane']So basically you've never played a real Katamari game before.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like someone who's never played Me & My Katamari. It most definitely is a "real" Katamari game.

[quote name='uesc']yup.

yeah, using 1 stick as apposed to 2 must be a world of a difference[/QUOTE]

It doesn't use the stick at all.

My local Target had a few of the Gamecube games for $13.98. I was upset until I looked and there sat 6 brand new gleaming Wii's. Of course I grabbed the 1 they would let me purchase. 5 still left when I left. The guy working said they had just received them about 1 hour ago. Unfortunately, I live in ten buck two (Mount Dora) Florida, but if you are near there you might check.

[quote name='mytoy333']Unfortunately, I live in ten buck two (Mount Dora) Florida, but if you are near there you might check.[/QUOTE]
You mean Timbuktu?

Lot of stuff already mentioned here in Springfield, IL.

The XBox Live package with the 6/06 expired $20 off coupon is on clearance, but was still $40.

Transformers (PS2) beatup one copy $20

Not much stuff was below the $14 level though.

Picked up One Piece: Pirates' Carnival (GC) $9.98, saw Battalion Wars (GC), Killer 7 (GC), TRUE CRIME -NY (XBOX 10$), Gunpey ? (DS 15$) in HB, CA

[quote name='meditative_zebra']Target at 50th & May
Advance Wars DS $9.98[/quote] Sent you a PM (or two), help a fellow Oklahoman out? :D
I've been looking everywhere for this!

[quote name='biggyfries']got an extra kirby canvas curse for someone. will trade for DK KoS, or cash.[/quote]
PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back