Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

I noticed these titles at my Target:
GCN Mega Man Anniversary Collection $14
GBA Dr. Mario / Puzzle League $21

I know they are cheaper at other places like TRU and GR, but they are either not dropping in price or already sold out.
Now just wondering, how long do I need to wait before they are 75% off at Target?

if your Target has those for a like a half a dozen, who knows it might drop. but if one or two, you might not see it again. can't really tell, coz another Target far from my area had those, now they're gone. i wish i grabbed those, but that's ok, i see a lot of good drops. not to mention, some Targets are still selling Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (DS) for $15.

Found 1 copy of Jade Empire for $13.98 (on sticker) in the Chicago area (may be more at other stores around the city).

I didn't scan the copy, but it may be cheaper by now. I saw an earlier post from someone stating they saw a copy for $9.98...

I was at Target on Wednesday Sept 6th, and found a few games on clearance. Picked up ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN for Nintendo DS for $9.98, also got for GBA MARIO TENNIS POWER Tour for $14.98, and also picked up for GBA DYNASTY WARRIORS ADVANCE for $9.98, and lastly picked up MEGA MAN 5 BATTLE NETWORK TEAM PROTOMAN for $7.48. Also got RAYMAN DS for $4.98 for Nintendo DS.

They also had Max Payne 2 for PS2 for $7.48, had Mega Man Annv for GC for $9.98, had Donkey Kong Country 2 for GBA for 14.98, WarioWare Twisted for GBA was $14.98, Zelda the Minish Cap was $14.98, had the original Metroid from the classic series for GBA for $4.98, had King of Fighters for PS2 for $14.98, and some kind of evolution fighting game for $9.98. They had a few other that just completely skip my mind. But this was the Target locacted in Dekalb, Illinois and they still had a lot except for the Zelda game which I only saw 1 or 2 of. So if you live near there and want some go take a look. They are on the end caps right behind the video game cases. Later.

A target I went to had two Mega Man annv Collections for 9.98. I didnt get them but I may go back and get em this weekend.

Picked up:

Mr. Driller: Driller Spirits DS $9.98
Batman Begins GCN $9.98

Left:

Max Payne 2 PS2 $3.74 (about 20 copies)
KOF Maximum Impact $14.98
NBA Street Vol 3 $14.98
Asphalt GT DS $6.98
Urbz DS $20.98
World Poker Tour DS $10.98
Spider-man 2 DS $13.98
GTA Vice City PS2 $4.74 (about 15 copies)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection GCN (PC version) $14.98

Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance guide $7.48 ea.
Tony Hawk AW guide $8.48 ea.
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One $8.48 ea.

There were other games, I can't recall them all...

All for GBA:
Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories $9.98
Dr. Mario/Puzzle League $14.98
Madden 06 $9.98
And these guides for $7.48
Jak II
Xmen II
Madden 06 and a few others.

Oh yeah Taiko Drum Master w/drum $9.98

Yesterday at Target I saw they had Player's Choice versions of "Naruto" for Gamecube! I knew it had dropped to $19.99, but didn't think it hit PC yet! That was one of the fastest games to make PC.

Also had Greatest Hits version of Blitz: The League for PS2. Once again Target gets their GH/PH/PC versions before any other store.

Also saw stacks of Dr. Mario & Puzzle League for GBA for $14.98. They had so many it will hopefully make it to $4.98.

[quote name='ManiacMadman']I was at Target on Wednesday Sept 6th, and found a few games on clearance. Picked up ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN for Nintendo DS for $9.98, also got for GBA MARIO TENNIS POWER Tour for $14.98, and also picked up for GBA DYNASTY WARRIORS ADVANCE for $9.98, and lastly picked up MEGA MAN 5 BATTLE NETWORK TEAM PROTOMAN for $7.48. Also got RAYMAN DS for $4.98 for Nintendo DS.

They also had Max Payne 2 for PS2 for $7.48, had Mega Man Annv for GC for $9.98, had Donkey Kong Country 2 for GBA for 14.98, WarioWare Twisted for GBA was $14.98, Zelda the Minish Cap was $14.98, had the original Metroid from the classic series for GBA for $4.98, had King of Fighters for PS2 for $14.98, and some kind of evolution fighting game for $9.98. They had a few other that just completely skip my mind. But this was the Target locacted in Dekalb, Illinois and they still had a lot except for the Zelda game which I only saw 1 or 2 of. So if you live near there and want some go take a look. They are on the end caps right behind the video game cases. Later.[/quote]

Thanks for the updates. Good to know prices are dropping... I might wait a little longer on DKC 2 and Mega Man before i pick it up though. Also, just thought I'd say I'd highly reccomend Wario Ware Twisted and Zelda Minish Cap.

No Minish Cap by me. I did snag an extra Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town if someone would like to trade for Minish Cap.

Edit: Not sure if that was clear.

nothing new, except for game guides at $7.48 to $7.98:

Sonic Riders
Soul Caliber II
X-men Legends Rise of Apocalypse (not Underminer ;) )
MGS 3 Subsistence

subsistence guide for $7.48!!? it wasnt marked or anything at the store i went to. but i found a few games:

bloodrayne xbox $9.98
mechassault xbox $4.98
spiderman $9.98

few others but couldnt remember, this was in edgewater,nj

Here are a few that I had seen today.

PC titles:

D&D Online: Stormreach 14.98
Auto Assualt 9.98
Everquest: Titanium pack 9.98
Gun 9.98
Brothers In Arms (not sure which one) 9.98
Tony Hawk: American Wasteland? 9.98

There are a few more that I can not remember now. Seems like they went on a clearance spree. They also had 80 copies of Asphalt GT for the DS (6.98).

Two Notch, Columbia, SC

Yeah, they had Asphalt GT for DS for $4.98 at my Target, but I passed because I hadn't heard of it and it looked a little iffy. Is it any good?

I scored Halo 2 (LE) for $20 & Grand Theft Auto (2 Pack) for $7.48. I wonder Halo 2 LE is worth $20 or not. If not i'll return it and wait it go down 75% off. Also, i saw Zelda Minish Cap drop down $15.

[quote name='Dogpatch']PC titles:

D&D Online: Stormreach 14.98
Auto Assualt 9.98
Everquest: Titanium pack 9.98
Gun 9.98
Brothers In Arms (not sure which one) 9.98
Tony Hawk: American Wasteland? 9.98[/QUOTE]

Some more clearance PC titles (all $9.98 unless noted):

X3 Reunion
X-Men Legends II
Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion
Agon
Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe
Prison Tycoon
Seaworld Tycoon 2
Tycoon City New York
Sudoku Deluxe
Baseball Mogul 2007
Diner Dash $13.98

Lots of Jewel Case games at $6.98 including
Syberia II
Rhem
Bejeweled

Lawrence, KS Target didn't have much except some PC games I didn't look too closely at. They had about 5 copies of Ridge Racer for the DS but I'm just not that excited about it. Disappointed to not see KH: Chain of Memories or Minish Cap :(

EDIT: Wait, did see Tales of Phantasia for, I think, $15. It was over on the GH endcap where they mix stuff in, not one of the clearance endcaps. There were also copies of Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube and a couple of others on that shelf. Nothing really exciting as I already have ToP and MMAC but decent stuff if you don't already have them.

SI

Massive PC game markdowns at Target. Grivet's list is almost complete. True Crime New York City is $9.98 also. I picked up Gun for PC today. Also noticed that the eight copies of Drill Dozer they had were all gone, and the Mega Man Anniversary Collections (GC) were not there anymore so I couldn't pick that up.

Picked up Ratchet and Clank (Greatest Hits) for $9.98 today in Manhattan, KS. There were a few other clearance games, but none of them interested me at current prices and I was with my girlfriend so I didn't take notes. All of the clearance games were just on the shelf in their regular sections, albeit with a red clearance price sticker on them.

Orange City, FL has quite a bit right now - this is all on an endcap in the books section:
- Mega Man Battle Network 5 GBA: $7.50 (5 left)
- Dynasty Warriors GBA: $7.50 (tons left)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: $15 (5 left)
- Asphault Urban GT DS: $7.50 (10 left)
- Gretzky PSP: ??? (1 left - didn't check the price, but I would assume $7.50)
- World Poker Tour PSP: ??? (1 left - assuming $10)
- Shrek 2 NGC: $7.50 (1 left)
- Batallion Wars NGC: still $50, but now in the clearance section...hmmm

Chicago store (Addison mall) still has:

3 or 4 copies of R&C: UYA ($9.98)
shit-ton of strategy guides ($6.98-7.98)
3 or 4 copies of True Crime ($9.98)

saw about 30 copies of Yoshi Topsy-Turvy for $14.98, they had been at $20.98 for about a month.

icongbasp_r1.gif
Kingdom Hearts $9.98
icongbasp_r1.gif
WarioWare Twisted $14.98
icongbasp_r1.gif
Dr Mario/Puzzle League $14.98
icongbasp_r1.gif
Mario Party Advance $14.98
icongbasp_r1.gif
MegaMan Battle Network 5 $14.98
icongbasp_r1.gif
Spongebob Double Pack $14.98
iconds.gif
Mr Driller: Drill Spirits $9.98
iconds.gif
Need for Speed Underground 2 $14.98
iconds.gif
Ultimate Spider-Man $9.98
icongamecube.gif
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour $24.98
iconps2_r2.gif
Marc Ecko's Getting Up $9.98

After having terrible luck with Target, I scored big time in Stow and Cuyahoga Falls OH tonight:

Spiderman 2 DS - $4.98
Yoshi Touch N Go - $7.48
Ghost Recon 2 Xbox - $4.98
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Xbox - $4.98
Test Drive Xbox - $3.74
Midnight Club II Xbox - $4.98
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town - $4.98 (!)
Zelda Minish Cap - $7.48
Dragonball Z Buu's Fury - $4.98
Herbie Fully Loaded - $4.98
Beyblade G Revolution- $4.98
THUG 2 Xbox - $4.98
Incredibles Xbox - $4.98
Forza - $4.98
First to Fight - $4.98
PS2 Fat Vertical Stand - $1.74
Tag Body Shot with 2 cartridges - $2.97

Dave

[quote name='Masterkyo']I scored Halo 2 (LE) for $20 & Grand Theft Auto (2 Pack) for $7.48. I wonder Halo 2 LE is worth $20 or not. If not i'll return it and wait it go down 75% off. Also, i saw Zelda Minish Cap drop down $15.[/QUOTE]

you can download GTA 1+2 pc for free from the rockstar website

[quote name='MightySlacker']After having terrible luck with Target, I scored big time in Stow and Cuyahoga Falls OH tonight:

Spiderman 2 DS - $4.98
Yoshi Touch N Go - $7.48
Ghost Recon 2 Xbox - $4.98
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Xbox - $4.98
Test Drive Xbox - $3.74
Midnight Club II Xbox - $4.98
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town - $4.98 (!)
Zelda Minish Cap - $7.48
Dragonball Z Buu's Fury - $4.98
Herbie Fully Loaded - $4.98
Beyblade G Revolution- $4.98
THUG 2 Xbox - $4.98
Incredibles Xbox - $4.98
Forza - $4.98
First to Fight - $4.98
PS2 Fat Vertical Stand - $1.74
Tag Body Shot with 2 cartridges - $2.97

Dave[/quote]

Wow.. awesome prices for Minish cap and Harvest moon.. I am truley jealous!!!

Nothing good at my local Target. But I did score a Amana stainless steel, 5 burner grille, huge!! Was $550, mark down to $138. Chaching!!! My old grill was all busted up from a windy period last winter. Threw my grille about 10 feet. I usually put the grille in the garage in the winter......duh!!!

[quote name='Chrono72090']*sad face*

My Target didn't have any copies of Mario Power Tennis... I think I'm on some crazy neverending quest to get that game :p[/quote]

i'll let you know if i turn up any extras (looking for it myself!).

I went to my local Target today and was unimpressed. They had the following on clearance:

Mario Power Tennis (GCN) $38.98 :?:
Golden Eye: Rogue Agent (GCN) $9.98
Dance Dance Revolution (PS2) $29.98
Dragon Ball-Z: Budokai (PS2) $7.98
NFL Street 2 (PSP) $14.98
Shaman King, Legacy of the Spirits: Sprinting Wolf (GBA) $9.98
Tales of Phantasia (GBA) $14.98
Madden 2006 (GBA) $14.98
Dynasty Warriors Advance (GBA) $9.98
And assorted other GBA titles I can't remember

The only one I was really interested in was "Tales of Phantasia". If it had been $9.98 instead of $14.98, I'd have probably bitten. I also thought about DDR since I am planning on getting a PS2 before the end of the year, but thought I may be able to find it later.

Well I found one copy of Tales of Phantasia left, but it was $20.98. I would have definitely got it for $14 but I passed it up at $20. I have a feeling I will find me a cheap one somewhere. And minish Cap was nowhere in sight.

Got Mario Tennis Power Tour (GBA) for $7.48, King of Fighters MI for $7.48,
and Backyard Wrestling 2 (for trade fodder) for $2.48.

That is the first game I've seen at Target for under $4.98 in a LONG time. I think because the regular price was only $9.99 on that (so it was still at 75% and not beyond and out of the system).

Oh - and to answer the post above, I checked MMAC for GC - still $9.98. I'd pick it up at $4.98.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I scored Halo 2 (LE) for $20 & Grand Theft Auto (2 Pack) for $7.48. I wonder Halo 2 LE is worth $20 or not. If not i'll return it and wait it go down 75% off. Also, i saw Zelda Minish Cap drop down $15.[/quote]

Yes, Halo 2 LE is a steal for $20, especially if you have Xbox Live. It's the reason to play Xbox Live pretty much.

GBA Tales of Phantasia $7.48
GC Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life $10.04

They had a few other interesting items including King of Fighters (some special edition with two discs for $14.98 but I'll wait until it's cheaper. Yoshi Topsy Turvy (I think) was $20.98 and Wario Ware Twisted $14.98 are possibilities with another price drop...if they last.

I see a lot of the other games at $19.99, such as Paper Mario and 4-Swords which I would really like to pick up....is there a chance that they will scan cheaper than the listed price?

Thanks and thank you to CAG forums!

Wyatt

[quote name='topnotch97']anyone checked, Megaman Anniv Collection :gc:? is it ringing still at $9.98 or lower?[/QUOTE]

It rung up at 13.98 at my Target. I might have picked it up for $10. Those $4 could buy me a couple hamburgers, dammit! That's a significant savings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back