Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carson Target on Sepulveda has 2 as-is Shadow/Ico for 10 and change.

Vg6cCww.jpg

VGLbqxu.jpg

Saw pokemons but none were marked for clearance.

That target is pretty good at marking them so I believed the guy without asking him to scan.

Found Dead Or Alive Plus for the Vita today for $5.06, I don't even have a vita yet, but that was one of the games I wanted on it so figured I'd hold onto it for now. Was this a good deal?

Found Dead Or Alive Plus for the Vita today for $5.06, I don't even have a vita yet, but that was one of the games I wanted on it so figured I'd hold onto it for now. Was this a good deal?
Yeah sounds like a good price to me and all the better if you were actually in the market for it.

So Compton and Inglewood do not have [Electronics] end caps any longer. They moved them in-line due to high theft issues. I believe they are near the budget video games.

Saw this in Hawthorne

zGe3x30.jpg

Xb3jEr0.jpg

Funny, I saw Gardening Mama 2 on the clearance endcap as well today but there were no tags on them. Tried to buy it on a whim despite it not scanning on the scanner. Unsurprisingly came up with the street date prompt (game doesn't release until tomorrow) but wanted to see what would happen.

Funny, I saw Gardening Mama 2 on the clearance endcap as well today but there were no tags on them. Tried to buy it on a whim despite it not scanning on the scanner. Unsurprisingly came up with the street date prompt (game doesn't release until tomorrow) but wanted to see what would happen.
didn't the same thing happen with the Xbox one headset being clearanced in target system a week before they came out to? I think the headset were $29.99 70% off before even being released lol

No idea it wasn't even out yet. I assumed it was an old game. 

I'm just not up to date on the Gardening Mama Scene!

No idea it wasn't even out yet. I assumed it was an old game.

I'm just not up to date on the Gardening Mama Scene!
I only knew because I had seen a post somewhere about it recently.

Lol wow I saw those too marked like $19.xx
Not that I wanted GM2 at all but it's a shame they have that street date thing coded in now, this seems to be happening semi-frequently.

Found a lone Sol Republic Master Tracks headphones at $59.98. Picked it up while I consider if I want to keep or not. Probably be nicer than the crap headphones I ise when I play guitar through my HD500...

Found a lone Sol Republic Master Tracks headphones at $59.98. Picked it up while I consider if I want to keep or not. Probably be nicer than the crap headphones I ise when I play guitar through my HD500...
Keep them. In addition to sounding awesome and being comfortable, they muffle a lot of outside noise. They come in handy when my oldest kid gets sent to her room and decides to have a screaming fit. :D

If anyone can help out a fellow CAG member and pick up a the Sol Republic Master tracks please PM me. Cost and shipping and maybe a little extra for you trouble.

I asked as I price checked it at mine and the actual item barcode rings as ds multicart or something wierd
PW2 rings up as DS multicart, PW1 rings up as DS Game.

Beverly Center City target still has 40 copies of PW2 $10.50 each as of yesterday 6 pm, but no copies of PW1 despite showing 2 in stock (suspect some shit sipper hid a pair). Lots of LA stores still list either or in stock however, but no doubt a return/rebuy will be required.

How would you guys get them to return rebuy? What are the words???
No words - it's all about the pointer finger :shame: to the lips of the CSR person :ziplip: softly telling them shhhh :whistle2:$ and a wink ;) . That and you need to know how to handle a glitter gun.

Found a Halo 4 LE As Is for $25.06. Left it there tho I'll probably pick it up at $10
As Is will not drop lower. You can take it to a LoD/manager and politely ask for a further discount at their discretion, however it's YMMV whether they will discount it a further 10% or more or not at all. I've seen overpriced As Is items sit for years.

PW2 rings up as DS multicart, PW1 rings up as DS Game.

Beverly Center City target still has 40 copies of PW2 $10.50 each as of yesterday 6 pm, but no copies of PW1 despite showing 2 in stock (suspect some shit sipper hid a pair). Lots of LA stores still list either or in stock however, but no doubt a return/rebuy will be required.
Quit lurking my hood! Lol.

Gardening Mama 2 was still ringing up clearance today.  I bought it.... for my niece.. yeah...

Also picked up one of those Mario Kart keychains and the new Lindsey Stirling CD.  It was a very manly checkout for me this morning.

Quit lurking my hood! Lol.
YOU quit lurking MY hood. :boxing: :argue: :p :razz:

I actually bought a pair of each last week when you first reported them, and left the rest until checking back in yesterday.

They trade in at Best Buy for $9 each base, and a little higher ($9.18 and $9.60 respectively) at Walmart. $7.21 and $2.68 on amazon. $14 and $13 base at Gamestop, but that was as of late March. With the 30% bonus that might be worth it to some people.

Yesterday I went back to the Target where I bought my copy of W2 and thank god I purchased it in advance.  Someone must have snagged all 6 copies of W1/2 because the display was completely empty.  They probably got them for $10 a piece but $17 was still a good deal on White 2 so I still consider it a win.  

The Target I went to today had 2 copies of Gardening Mama 3DS for $20 and a Titanfall guide that rang up at full price.  I did find a really nice Easter Bunny Pez dispenser pack with no price tag in a random clearance endcap and the checkout lady just punched it in at 25 cents.  Other than that I haven't seen much else.

Can someone explain the hype on the Pokemon games please?

Is that a good price for them? I just can't imagine a Pokemon game being rare due to its continued popularity.

Had a bit of luck and got a 40" Samsung for $311.98 (35%off).  Stacked with RedCard and it was sub-300.  Still boxed too.

Pretty happy since it's replacing my Panny plasma that dust the bit a while back.

DPCI# 008-09-1147

Remember seeing a 46"Element for about $250, but forgot to get the DPCI#

Should have checked the stock checker first.
The store checker said they had it in stock. I called and they said the systems show they have 5+ in the store.

I never go out unless I confirm it's in stock.

Can someone explain the hype on the Pokemon games please?

Is that a good price for them? I just can't imagine a Pokemon game being rare due to its continued popularity.
Normally Nintendo doesn't make any more copies of the games after it's initial launch. That and first party Nintendo games normally don't drop in price for years. Heck, most 3DS 1st party games are still $30+.

Pokemon on the other hand is always rare and hard to find especially for less than $30. A used game only Pokemon Gold can go for around $40 - $60+. A complete one would go for $100+ or more. Actually most complete GB and GBA games are hard to find too since the boxes are usually broken and easily damaged.

So basically you called, the employee took their lunch, then bought them all.
I got to the store and they weren't even on a big sale. Checked the in store check device and it said it was on clearance for $30. Asked Dereck (one of my friends who works at this Target) and he said they sold out a week ago and he's not sure why it sold out for that low or why someone told me it is indeed in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back