Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
On holidays items it usually 3 days after holiday 50% off 4th day 70% off 5th day 90% off then about two or three days before they salvage it depending on how much is left

One of mine had 90 off the toy stuff and had 70 marked on candy, but candy was still ringing 50 off. All other stores at 50 and 70 off. They usually change in Saturday, though, so that's what I figure will happen.

Just found 7 of those kits at my local GoodWill store yesterday. Highly YMMV of course. $6.99 each. I had to think about it cause I already have a large amount of vita memory but decided what the hell and bought
all of them anyway.

Usually my Goodwill over prices anything from Target and tries to sell it for almost or over retail prices. Someone must not have realized there was a memory card in the package.

There was barely anything at the Clearance aisle at the Target in Lakewood Mall in SoCal, and no copies of Pokemon. Saw some BOSE and some other expensive headphones on sale there still, 50% and 70% off.

All the Vita Starter Kits were gone too, wonder if Target just shipped them all off somewhere.

Those Vita kits have been gone for at least two weeks now.
Just found 7 of those kits at my local GoodWill store yesterday. Highly YMMV of course. $6.99 each. I had to think about it cause I already have a large amount of vita memory but decided what the hell and bought
all of them anyway.

Found Pokémon White Version 2 for $11.50 (tax included) and another Call of Duty Ghost dl for 360 and One for $20.+ and they wouldn't budge on that price.

I would have bought extra of the Pokémon but I don't know if it's worth it for anyone to pay me $19 (friends and family) or $20 w paypal fees. The store is 30 mins away so think about how much gas that is, the box, and shipping costs. If I get enough interest I will drive back. Just like CoD Ghosts, not looking to make money off this. Just helping some CAGs out.

I can also check if they still have CoD Ghosts but that'll be $25 or $26 w fees.

PW2 was marked at 17.xx and employee said it will drop to $10.xx on Monday. Regarding that Nascar 14 sale, they had rain checks for gta iv at $9 instead and saints row iv for $12

Same, would love Pokemon for $10. Did find a couple of the SOL Republic headphones for $60, worth it?
Yes. I picked up a pair of those and the Monster iSport Freedom for $75. I'm returning the Monster's tomorrow - they just aren't comfortable for me when I have my glasses on. The Sol Republic's are comfortable and sound great.

all of them anyway.
Around Lakewood? I would be interested in picking up another one.

Went to a very out-of-the-way Target and found a singular copy of Ghosts for $20.98. Surprisingly, it was still in the system so I scooped it up.

This Target also had at least 8 or so copies of Pokemon White 2 locked up, but they weren't marked clearance at all. Popped the number into the scanner and they came up $17.48, so I figure I'm safe to wait for them to drop one more time to $10.

What day does Target generally mark down their clearance? Monday?

Farting around South Bay.

Torrance, CA

YFRykiO.jpg

WXMxg5L.jpg

Went to a very out-of-the-way Target and found a singular copy of Ghosts for $20.98. Surprisingly, it was still in the system so I scooped it up.

This Target also had at least 8 or so copies of Pokemon White 2 locked up, but they weren't marked clearance at all. Popped the number into the scanner and they came up $17.48, so I figure I'm safe to wait for them to drop one more time to $10.

What day does Target generally mark down their clearance? Monday?
They say Monday but I have found items marked down before then as well.

Anyone selling a ghost code? (Pm me) Not available in my area :/
PM incoming

They say Monday but I have found items marked down before then as well.
Generally in my experience most stores do it on Mondays. Some do Fridays(the two in my area that do it Fridays are also the ones that have had the wacko clearance stuff like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider right after release)

Saw around 50 (not joking, one shelf had 30+ by itself) EA Active 2 Wii bundles for $14/30% off today at the Strongsville, OH target. Picked up a pack of peeps for $.60 so I could have the DPCI to call around tomorrow and check if any stores hit 90% on them.

Is the Carnival one chainwide? I saw one around here too. Same price.
Hi guys, maybe I am unlucky. I am in Paramount, CA. Hardly ever find the clearance section. Is it in any particular isle? Maybe the stores i frequent like Long Beach and Compton (perhaps they just don't have many clearance items, or maybe I miss the section).

Hi guys, maybe I am unlucky. I am in Paramount, CA. Hardly ever find the clearance section. Is it in any particular isle? Maybe the stores i frequent like Long Beach and Compton (perhaps they just don't have many clearance items, or maybe I miss the section).
It was in the glass display. Do you want the Carnival game?

no thank you. thanks for the offer. I was just curious, can never find the clearance section. Sometimes I do find items with reduce priced, but they are usually scattered accros the store.
I saw the Carnival one in a display, but the clearance games are in place at the outer part of the electronics section when there is a clearance.

I picked up Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo Selects edition) for Wii for $1.56 yesterday in Sicklerville, NJ.  My friend and I bought the last 2 copies there, but keep an eye out elsewhere.

Saw about 50 copies of Black and White 2 at one Target here. It was behind the game jail cells, but like 7 of them.

Edit: Actually, it was White 2, not Black. I'm just too used to saying Black and White. And they were $10.xx. I don't have the DCPI.

What the hell, somebody bought the White 2 that I saw for $25.xx on Friday. Well there goes my plan to go see if it dropped Monday.
If you see something for a decent price, best advice is just to grab it. I cannot tell you howwwwww many times I saw something for a good price, went back to get it a couple days later, and it was gone. Most recently, a complete copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn at Gamestop. :(

If you see something for a decent price, best advice is just to grab it. I cannot tell you howwwwww many times I saw something for a good price, went back to get it a couple days later, and it was gone. Most recently, a complete copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn at Gamestop. :(
I was thinking about grabbing it and just returning and re buying it when it dropped. Sucks because I live right behind this Target, one other store has it though. I'll swing by Monday, hopefully it'll already be tagged for $10.xx.

I was thinking about grabbing it and just returning and re buying it when it dropped. Sucks because I live right behind this Target, one other store has it though. I'll swing by Monday, hopefully it'll already be tagged for $10.xx.
But isn't if the item is out of stock, further drops won't happen? I know it used to be that way, so unless they changed it...

I picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3ds) and Kingdom Hearts 3d (3ds) both for 7.xx each.  I also picked up Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs for my son at 5.xx.  I was extremely happy to walk out with all three of those.  This was at the Tucker, GA store.

I got Pokemon white ver.2 clearanced at $17.48, $19 with tax included. There was still like 6-7 copies left and i couldn't get myself to pass on it, if it dropped further. I Don't want to chance some hoarder swiping them all.

But isn't if the item is out of stock, further drops won't happen? I know it used to be that way, so unless they changed it...
The other Target that I'm going to shows it in stock.

edit- nvm, I understand what you mean. If that store has no more, it can't go any lower ruining the chance to return and rebuy. I'm just hoping the one I'm on my way to has it already tagged at $10.xx.

Just came back from 4 stores and didn't get any deals. The target I went to (the other 3 stores were not Target) was sold out of Black and White 2. White 2 was $25 and Black 2 was $35. Don't understand why anyone would buy both at that price but oh well.

Saw a handful of Call of Duty Ghosts Hardened Edition for PS3 marked $37.xx.

Did not pick up since I have for PS4.

Anyone know if the PS3 Season Pass code can be used on PS4? 

I'm  guessing not.

I picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3ds) and Kingdom Hearts 3d (3ds) both for 7.xx each. I also picked up Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs for my son at 5.xx. I was extremely happy to walk out with all three of those. This was at the Tucker, GA store.
Well that's a nice little score.

Saw FIFA 13 for WiiU for $5.XX today.

I picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3ds) and Kingdom Hearts 3d (3ds) both for 7.xx each. I also picked up Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs for my son at 5.xx. I was extremely happy to walk out with all three of those. This was at the Tucker, GA store.
Good deal, considering Kingdom Hearts 3D got rare all of a sudden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back