Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean, "the nerve of them?" More like the nerve of him, buying three copies of a game to sell online. He did not deserve three of them. There were probably people in the store that wanted to get a copy and now they cannot because of a selfish person.
At this point with them out of the system, who gives a shit if somebody hordes some? Especially if they aren't marked at all.

I went back and got those 2 Lego marvel PS3 with Loki figures. $26.99 after Cartwheel discount and then used a 10% off moving coupon on the rest of my purchase so it was like $24 each. Traded one copy to BB for $24.20 to keep the figure and will sell the sealed copy on eBay.

In this case, the game was already out of the system. Likely any that he left would have been salvaged. But, you know, keep acting indignant about something that doesn't affect you directly. Maybe Obama will send you a check or something for your inconvenience.

Picked up a Gunmetal Sol Republic Master Tracks for 59.98 (minus 5% Redcard).  Target also had one pair of Monster iSport Freedom for $74.98 I almost picked up instead.  The only reason I decided against is my phone already has a horribly battery life (Galaxy Note i717) and having bluetooth on makes it much, much worse.  

Picked up a Gunmetal Sol Republic Master Tracks for 59.98 (minus 5% Redcard). Target also had one pair of Monster iSport Freedom for $74.98 I almost picked up instead. The only reason I decided against is my phone already has a horribly battery life (Galaxy Note i717) and having bluetooth on makes it much, much worse.
It's time to upgrade! The battery on the Note III is amazing! I use an external charger and get between 18-25 hours depending on usage. Having an external charger also lets me switch out a battery and have instant full charge.

City Target on Beverly in L.A. Has a butt load of pokemon white and white version 2 for about 10 dollars

NdkVYW1.jpg

TtWQ0Jx.jpg

r8BUaSI.jpg

VWWzuTk.jpg

*Edit*

Damn autocorrect 

It's time to upgrade! The battery on the Note III is amazing! I use an external charger and get between 18-25 hours depending on usage. Having an external charger also lets me switch out a battery and have instant full charge.
Yeah, I plan on upgrading soon. A few more months until I'm upgrade eligible. I almost picked up an after market high capacity battery, but the thing almost triples the thickness of the phone - no thanks :lol:

Haha.  I just let my fiance try out those headphones (and she's the one who gives me shit about paying decent money for higher quality electronics) and she wants me to go back to Target and see if they still have the Monsters.

:360: 2K Essentials Collection Bioshock Borderlands XCom: Enemy Unknown $5.98
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $11.98
:wii: Nickelodeon Dance 2 $5.98
:360: Skylanders Giants Portal Owner's Pack $14.98

[quote name="tokyostomp" post="11704973" timestamp="1398121033"]City Target on Beverly in L.A. Has a butt load of pokemon white and white version 2 for about 10 dollars

NdkVYW1.jpg
TtWQ0Jx.jpg
r8BUaSI.jpg
VWWzuTk.jpg

*Edit*
Damn autocorrect [/quote]this is a good deal I would buy a few

Sorry fellas.

What's so special about the white version?

I'm not a Pokemon guy. I have Y from the promo but thought they were all basically the same.

:wiiu: Wii U Headset: $3.04

The box was opened, but the headset was still in plastic and had its twist tie on, so I figured it was as good as new.

It's just a pair of wrap-around headphones with an in-line microphone :p WIth a proper 3 1/2 inch jack and everything.  I'm listening to music on my phone right now as I type this, and they're really not that bad.  I mean, they're definitely not even close to being audiophile quality, but they're not tinny and they don't hurt my ears.  I'm pretty happy for $3, I wanted a decent cheap pair of headphones to walk with anyway.

What's special about it to me is that it's not expensive for a new copy. For resellers, it's a lot of free money.
Makes sense. If I was a reseller I would have known.

I'll message you on Monday to see if they have any and if you want a copy.

I did see a few White 2 at the same price in Culver City. Not nearly as many though.

My niece lost her 3DS (Though I think someone lost it for her) but she still has a DS. Hopefully I can find one of these $10 Pokemon White/White 2 for her as a random gift. If I can I might get two, and gift the other one along with a used DS Lite to my other niece who is turning 6 next month. I don't know, would my 6 year old niece GET Pokemon? I'm sure she'd get stuck and give up but so long as she enjoyed it for a while that'd be fine.

'cept save some for other peeps to get in on. If cags don't glom stacks of games it increases the chance for other cags to get a copy. In turn people are more likely to report future deal info.

I don't know, would my 6 year old niece GET Pokemon? I'm sure she'd get stuck and give up but so long as she enjoyed it for a while that'd be fine.
I got the original Pokemon when I was 7 (way back when it was new). Had no trouble playing & understanding it despite not knowing how to read, but I did have the knowledge of pokemon already through the show. I believe the games main stories are still easy enough that kids can power through (if she ends up liking it enough) pretty easily & as long as she has a good reading level she should be fine & enjoy it much more.

White 2 is 24.98 by me, and only one copy left.  I'm sure it will be gone this week.

I went back this morning and picked up that pair of Monster iSport Freedom for 74.98 (minus 5% Rx and 5% RC) and had the Sol Republic's adjusted for the additional 5% Rx.  I was shocked that the Monster's were still there, as clearance stuff like that never lasts at this store and is usually gone the day it hits 70% off.

I checked 2 targets near me, one who never has clearance had 5 copies at $25 each and the other that always does and they didn't even have it on clearance.

Was willing to drive up to LA to get a copy of white and white 2, but its a 40 mile trip for me. (was going to hit up olvera street too) so I called, had them check the clearance shelf and said they had none, and checked the system and also said zero.

I think someone drove up there yesterday after your posting and cleared them out.

I checked 2 targets near me, one who never has clearance had 5 copies at $25 each and the other that always does and they didn't even have it on clearance.

Was willing to drive up to LA to get a copy of white and white 2, but its a 40 mile trip for me. (was going to hit up olvera street too) so I called, had them check the clearance shelf and said they had none, and checked the system and also said zero.

I think someone drove up there yesterday after your posting and cleared them out.
Crazy!

That end cap was loaded.

Anyone tried the Bose headphones that are clearanced currently? I've always wanted some Bose stuff, but even at what is likely the final drop here (50% - ~$75) I'm still not totally ready to jump in.

what is this 40% you mention ?
I think I've seen it a few times since the switch to 70% for some odd higher priced items with a sequence of 10% -> 20% -> 40%. I'm more surprised that a store still has those bundles, I think this is the third time it's been reported that they've been on clearance.

Yeah, one of my area stores has a SW 360 for 15% off last week.

Found a store that has at least 34 copies of Pokemon... Black 2 for $34.99

Didn't see any new clearance except for the obvious easter clearance... 30% , waiting for 50% (or 75% if any is left) for some reeses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back