Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was barely anything at the Clearance aisle at the Target in Lakewood Mall in SoCal, and no copies of Pokemon. Saw some BOSE and some other expensive headphones on sale there still, 50% and 70% off.

All the Vita Starter Kits were gone too, wonder if Target just shipped them all off somewhere.

Rivergate Target (Goodlettsville, TN) today

Found 1 Pokemon White for $24.98

Skylanders Giants Wii for $19.98

2 DVD copies of Brewster's Millions for $1.24

Not clearance, but I picked up a Gioteck EX-03 Bluetooth Headset bundled with Call of Duty Black Ops (PS3) for $12.99.

I needed a cheap bluetooth headset and figured I could get a few dollars back for the COD game.

Rivergate Target (Goodlettsville, TN) today

Found 1 Pokemon White for $24.98

Skylanders Giants Wii for $19.98

2 DVD copies of Brewster's Millions for $1.24

Not clearance, but I picked up a Gioteck EX-03 Bluetooth Headset bundled with Call of Duty Black Ops (PS3) for $12.99.

I needed a cheap bluetooth headset and figured I could get a few dollars back for the COD game.
I saw those headset bundes as well, was thinking about getting one. How do you like it so far?

There was barely anything at the Clearance aisle at the Target in Lakewood Mall in SoCal, and no copies of Pokemon. Saw some BOSE and some other expensive headphones on sale there still, 50% and 70% off.

All the Vita Starter Kits were gone too, wonder if Target just shipped them all off somewhere.
Those Vita kits have been gone for at least two weeks now.

YMMV $15 sale.

Went to two stores and saw the Black Ops II Care Package on clearance at both. Even at 70% off I don't think it would be a good deal ($179.99 MSRP)
I did see the price when I was buying coffee, didn't think it was a big deal, cause NASCAR

It probably trades in somewhere for double the amount, that's why you shouldn't do the leg work for other people, especially when they ask for two.
I just did a small search about that (because anything to distract me from schoolwork is a worthwhile endeavor?) and yea, nothing crazy trade wise. BB is like 26, so I really don't see that big of a deal behind it (but I am not doing the math for red card discount)

What was the nascar game priced? I've wanted to play the game, but can't stomach $60... And last years game never got cheap until right before the new one came out...

Nascar '14 for xbox and ps3 is $15 at target right now. with red card discount its $0.75 off. red card just cancels most of the tax you pay.

The game trades for $26 at best buy. With 10% GCU, you get an additional $2.60. 

Buying 2 nets you around $24 profit. not much but still profit and you get best buy points.

my local target is near my local best buy so its a no brainer for me.

[quote name="electricsleep" post="11708441" timestamp="1398225482"]Does anyone have the inventory link or online item number for the Sol Master Tracks? [/quote]i don't

Just wanted to thank you guys for the heads up on the NASCAR game. Been a tough weeke here with my pops in the hospital, so it's nice to get a game I've been wanting to play for cheap. Picked up a copy of 360 this morning, no muss, no fuss

The Target at Springfield PA (the older one not connected to the mall) had about 4 copies each of Pokemon White and White V2 for $17.48 each.

These may even make it to 70% off, who knows.

http://www.target.com/p/sol-republic-master-tracks-over-the-ear-headphones-1601-30/-/A-14511820 (This is searching using the DCPI from the clearance set I bought, same item)

Looks like the other local Target has them, but who knows what the price is...
Local Target has two left at 59.98. Can pick up for cost + shipping if anyone wants. They won't be there long, so contact me quick if you want.

Also found an as-is Cleartalk cable for the Sol Republic for $1.28 (down from 19.99). It had been opened, but unused... it's also purple, but still, an official backup cable for 94% off isn't too shabby.

Local Target has two left at 59.98. Can pick up for cost + shipping if anyone wants. They won't be there long, so contact me quick if you want.

Also found an as-is Cleartalk cable for the Sol Republic for $1.28 (down from 19.99). It had been opened, but unused... it's also purple, but still, an official backup cable for 94% off isn't too shabby.
Probably too late, but PM sent.

Does anyone know if Pokemon Black 2 is on clearance as well?  I still haven't found White 1 or 2 but a target around me has a ton of copies of Black 2.

Not exactly clearance but if somebody wants a repackaged Skylanders Swap Force XB1 for $25.xx. You can find it at Pasadena Target in the Houston area.

Saw some sol republics 59.xx at 70%
Lg 47" led smart 419.xx at like 60%
Samsung sound bar 219.xx 20%
Pokem black 24.49 30%
And a whole bunch of wii fit sets and skelanders for 3ds forgot the price. Really looking forward to the sound bar dropping one more time before I snag it.

Cleaned up on Easter clearance today.  Didn't grab much candy that was only 50% off but the other stuff was almost all 70% off so grabbed a ton of that stuff for the next couple years.  Found a stash of Pokemon Whites that it looked like someone was trying to keep from being noticed at $10 a piece.

Cleaned up on Easter clearance today. Didn't grab much candy that was only 50% off but the other stuff was almost all 70% off so grabbed a ton of that stuff for the next couple years. Found a stash of Pokemon Whites that it looked like someone was trying to keep from being noticed at $10 a piece.
so the candy hit 50% today? Going out in a bit and will stop by for sure if thats the case.

I don't even want to look at my Target. It used to be a gold mine, but that was long ago. Now it is overpriced 3rd party iPhone chargers, iPad cases, cameras and HDMI cables. Although I'm sure there are copies of Defiance as well.

I got the The Bigs 2 on 360 and PSP years ago for $5 each but gave them away as gifts. WORST DECISION EVER. It's still $20 used at all the Gamestops around here and good luck finding it anywhere else.

PS- Did the same thing with a $10 copy of the Telltale Jurassic Park game. Now it's ~$40, and the Family Video down the road has the case for it but never has the actual game lol. Someone never returned it I guess.
Hope you have a PS3 as the download was $1 on Easter Weekend.

Does anyone know if clearance item stock is reflected in the "find in store" option on Target's website? I was looking for one of those Pokemon games, but there doesn't seem to be any stock for 15 miles...

It hit 50%/70% yesterday, actually.
Need to drop by target to get my sugar rush!! Cant remember but does target carry "nestle crunch crisp"? Damn i had one yesterday from one of the easter baskets my son got from his classmates and now i want more of it. Tastes better than kitkat imo. Hehe!

Went to Target today in search of Nascar14. Got a rain check.

Walked around electronics looking for clearance and it's all disappeared. All of it. The endcap was replaced by discount lastgen games.

Need to drop by target to get my sugar rush!! Cant remember but does target carry "nestle crunch crisp"? Damn i had one yesterday from one of the easter baskets my son got from his classmates and now i want more of it. Tastes better than kitkat imo. Hehe!
No idea about that, but I stole a small pouch of Skittles from one of my kids and when in the hell did they change the green ones to fuck ing apple??!? That was not a pleasant surprise... especially when the package still says "original". F that.

Picked up a copy of Pokemon White 2 for 17.48.  I wanted to get it for $10 but I think I'm just going to stay on the safe side and do a return/re-buy when it drops.  The store I went to had plenty of copies of both White 1 & 2 so when I go to return W2 I'll probably pick up a copy of W1 as well.

Picked up a copy of Pokemon White 2 for 17.48. I wanted to get it for $10 but I think I'm just going to stay on the safe side and do a return/re-buy when it drops. The store I went to had plenty of copies of both White 1 & 2 so when I go to return W2 I'll probably pick up a copy of W1 as well.

Does anyone know if clearance item stock is reflected in the "find in store" option on Target's website? I was looking for one of those Pokemon games, but there doesn't seem to be any stock for 15 miles...
I used it to find the copies of White 1/2 at my Target. But I would take it with a grain of salt, clearance items don't always show up online in my experience.

The only place I ever find it at is the 99 cent store

I saw those headset bundes as well, was thinking about getting one. How do you like it so far?
Only got a chance to play with it briefly. After I charged it I paired it to my cell phone to test the quality and it sounded good. It feels much more comfortable than I thought at first. Used it in GTA V online but none of my friends/gang were playing, so I pretty much just heard other people's conversations. Actually forgot I was wearing it and started playing something else, that's how comfy it was.

Hopefully I'll be able to devote a bit more time with it in the next few days.

I may hold on to the COD Blacks Ops for the zombie map. Of course I never finished World at War which had a zombie verison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back