Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just scores some as is strategy guides. Brutal Legend and a Heart of the Swarm CE guide for 46 cents; Lego City Undercover, Halo 4, and another HOTS CE guide for $1.56. Nearly bought those HOTS guides for $8 a couple days ago.

Saw COD: Ghosts on Clearance at the City Target in Westwood

soracgB.jpg

H2ee9it.jpg

Where would one look for clearance TVs are they placed in a certain area or generally spread throughout with all the other TVs?

I have to say I've seen several $75-$110 brand new PS2 systems on clearance in the past few months at several Targets in town. If they'd drop closer to $50 brand new I'd buy one to resell in the future and one for me just so I can have a fresh PS2 for another decade.

Thanks for the info Skiizim. My bad on the triple post wasn't sure if the first two went through weird error glitch on my phone haha

Derrick1979 said:
FYIif anyone wants one of those $5 Wii U headsets and they cant find them at target check Bestbuy. I got one there today for $4.99 and they are fantastic with the PS4

This was the one I got

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wii-u-stereo-headset/6891368.p?id=1218810565089&skuId=6891368&st=wii%20u%20headset&cp=1&lp=1
Don't have a wiiu or ps4 but want a cheap headset for my 9yr old's ps3. Would these work on ps3? I don't know anything about them. thx

well no luck in wallkill ny.  they said that witch and the hundred knights doesnt even exist in their system at all.  if anyone finds one for the clearance price id paid 20$ shipped for it.

The TV clearance is raging, not sure if there's a dedicated topic in the "other deals" forum, but there are some fantastic deals to be had on last year's models.  Problem is, however, most of the good tvs have already been swooped up at the first round (15% off or 30% off), with only floor models left if any at all.  Of course, those floor models have been on at least 12 hours per day 7 days a week for the past year to two years.  

But if anyone is interested, you should be able to get additional discounts off the clearance price on the floor models for missing remote controls (~ $50 off or 10% off additional), additional 10, 20, or even 30% off for missing stand, and additional 10% off for open box/no box/floor model item.  The Sharp 70" model they have, while pretty basic, is now on clearance for $898, $1,056, or $1,2xx with added discounts as noted.  

The TV clearance is raging, not sure if there's a dedicated topic in the "other deals" forum, but there are some fantastic deals to be had on last year's models. Problem is, however, most of the good tvs have already been swooped up at the first round (15% off or 30% off), with only floor models left if any at all. Of course, those floor models have been on at least 12 hours per day 7 days a week for the past year to two years.

But if anyone is interested, you should be able to get additional discounts off the clearance price on the floor models for missing remote controls (~ $50 off or 10% off additional), additional 10, 20, or even 30% off for missing stand, and additional 10% off for open box/no box/floor model item. The Sharp 70" model they have, while pretty basic, is now on clearance for $898, $1,056, or $1,2xx with added discounts as noted.
there is no set number on how much they will give you off if its missing anything. it really depends on the LOD working at the time, some might give you an extra 10% off or even 20, while others might give you 5. the display tvs get an additional 10% off for being displays and you cannot add a warranty so do not take it if they offer it to you because you will be SOL if something does happen. The tvs are on 15 hours a day from 8am-11pm and they come with absolutely no warranty so buy them at your own risk.

Not sure what happened at my store, but the disorganized mess of a clearance endcap that recently expanded to two mostly-filled endcaps in the last few weeks has now turned into mostly empty shelves with like 10 neatly organized items.  I doubt they sold all the junk that was floating around there.  Maybe a mass inventory purge?

Not sure what happened at my store, but the disorganized mess of a clearance endcap that recently expanded to two mostly-filled endcaps in the last few weeks has now turned into mostly empty shelves with like 10 neatly organized items. I doubt they sold all the junk that was floating around there. Maybe a mass inventory purge?
I think that a lot of that stuff that went from full price to suddenly 70% off and didn't get bought either got shipped back or destroyed. Seen the same thing at a number of stores at around the same time.

I think that a lot of that stuff that went from full price to suddenly 70% off and didn't get bought either got shipped back or destroyed. Seen the same thing at a number of stores at around the same time.
Same at my store. Had nothing then all of a sudden a huge dump last week. Was still there over the weekend. Went in yesterday and 95% of it was gone.

There is no way they sold that much at those prices that fast.

It gets sent to salvage which generally means its sent to the Goodwill. My local Goodwill stores are chock a block with phone accessories.

It gets sent to salvage which generally means its sent to the Goodwill. My local Goodwill stores are chock a block with phone accessories.
Goodwill will also jack up the price. they will charge more then most retail shops for new games. It really is laughable.

The 64GB USB sticks I was hoping to get for 70% off this week dropped out of system after 50%. :(

$31.50 is still too much for my liking.

You can grab Skylanders Swap Force *NEW* at Amazon for $32.49 fulfilled by Amazon as well. I have it on the X1, seems slightly better looking then the last gen versions but not by much.

http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-SWAP-Force-Starter-Pack-Nintendo/dp/B00D6NPFDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397796995&sr=8-1&keywords=skylanders+swap+force
It's not like it's way higher poly but I ran them side by side PS4 and WiiU but there's a noticeable difference. It was almost like there was a film over the current gen while the next gen was really sharp. Like there's YouTube videos and a Kotaku thing comparing them and it really is that drastic which I didn't believe until I saw it for myself. Of course the current gen is perfectly fine still but go next gen if you have the choice.

I haven't found any decent gaming related stuff in a while, still, but I did find an "Online Item" 4-qt crock pot marked from $44 down to $11, and a buttload of "As Is" 12 oz cups of Athenos feta for about $2. Much better than paying almost $5 for 4 oz. Yeah... I was super stoked.

Mixed in with the other televisions or in the back. I went to Target again today and made a mistake. It's actually a 46" and it's $524.
This is a great deal especially when paired with the pharmacy rewards or whatever 5% off you can get. Just be sure to test it as soon as possible when you snag it. We got one where the box looked a bit torn and strangely taped (marked clearance not open box). They opened it up in store for us and it looked fine, but when we got it home and turned it on there was a huge band of dead screen that was about 3" wide down the entire vertical length of the screen where the box was torn. When we went to exchange it, the only store in the area with one left was miles away and the TV was priced $768.98 where our store had it around the $524 price!

This is the second "clearance" item I've gotten in the past few weeks that was obviously an open box item. Last one was a printer and the business' printer paper was still IN the printer with their company logos and everything! It was boxed and taped perfectly!

I'll list my different experiences

1. If it doesn't come up in the system they'll charge you the price on the item

2. Find someone else who'll check it and you might be able to get it for a lower price

3. If they call a manager, they could pull it and say isn't for sale but they'll sell it for the price on the item
i know this isnt related to target but i went to kmart and found a wheres my water plush and rang check pricing on shelf and i went up and it had a tag of 4.99 but there was a sale of an addition 50% off they tried inputting in the system for 2.50 lol it kept rejecting and i ended up getting it for a penny lol

i know this isnt related to target but i went to kmart and found a wheres my water plush and rang check pricing on shelf and i went up and it had a tag of 4.99 but there was a sale of an addition 50% off they tried inputting in the system for 2.50 lol it kept rejecting and i ended up getting it for a penny lol
You know there's a Kmart thread right? ;)

not really clearance but I randomly found 2 PS3 Lego Marvel's with the Loki figure for $29.99.  Would be $23.xx after Cartwheel and 10% off moving coupon, thinking about grabbing them and trading off the games separately.  Thoughts?

I was wondering why my target's game selection suddenly looked so thin...interesting. And a little disappointing. There were some old games I was waiting for a drop on.
Same here. My store had 3 GOW: Ascension CEs I was scanning whenever I was in the store to see if the price dropped from $79.99. The last time I checked, they were all gone.

They're not "clearance" but up front in the dollar bin section my Target had some DS games for $5. 

Mostly the 'imagine' type games and one Weight Loss Coach.....

I had to fight with Target earlier in the week to get mine. They were in the case at full price, 3 copies left. I asked to scan the game and it was 20.xx, so I asked to buy all 3 and she said she would have to check to see if she could sell me 3 copies. I'm like huh, they are clearance not sales items and you would never have sold them as you failed to price them correctly. So someone on the walkie talkie says I can only have 1 copy, so I go ok my son wants to buy a copy as well, and she refuses. So I go, you know I'm going to have to submit a negative review about this, and she goes would you like to speak to the supervisor. Sup comes over and I repeat, they are clearance, you don't restrict clearance, he goes all sour puss on me and sells me the games.

I love threatening the bad review, they hate those.
Lol. That's hilarious because I could have sworn you complained about people hoarding, and what's the exact thing you do? Clear out Target and threaten an employee. Can't believe you fight with the employees. Make sure to throw a tantrum next time too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. That's hilarious because I could have sworn you complained about people hoarding, and what's the exact thing you do? Clear out Target and threaten an employee. Can't believe you fight with the employees. Make sure to throw a tantrum next time too.
He is a hypocrite for that but he's still right. The nerve of them trying to refuse selling anyone multiple copies of a game on clearance.

They're not "clearance" but up front in the dollar bin section my Target had some DS games for $5.

Mostly the 'imagine' type games and one Weight Loss Coach.....
Seen the same, also some ds games like the bachelor, jonas brothers game, there were more games a few weeks ago. De Blob 2 for ps3 seemed to be the only one left that was a non ds/wii game that was left.

He is a hypocrite for that but he's still right. The nerve of them trying to refuse selling anyone multiple copies of a game on clearance.
What do you mean, "the nerve of them?" More like the nerve of him, buying three copies of a game to sell online. He did not deserve three of them. There were probably people in the store that wanted to get a copy and now they cannot because of a selfish person.

What do you mean, "the nerve of them?" More like the nerve of him, buying three copies of a game to sell online. He did not deserve three of them. There were probably people in the store that wanted to get a copy and now they cannot because of a selfish person.
I don't really agree with hating people who buy multiple copies. I do it since I buy my brothers the same game so we can play co-op and just so they have a copy for themselves (I live 1 hour away from them). Some people sell games. I see it no different than working a 9 - 5 job either. Heck, I made more selling on eBay than any of my 3 jobs I had last year according to my taxes.

Anyways, regardless of either of our views on it, their policy allows people to buy multiple of one product. They shouldn't go against it just b/c they want to buy it for themselves or feel he doesn't deserve it no matter what he does with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back