(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']Then those people need to learn the difference between a CE and a store exclusive CE.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of store exclusive CEs that have dropped in price. Heck, Dead or Alive 5 CE was Gamestop exclusive and that dropped recently. While a store exclusive CE, especially on a hot IP has a good chance of not dropping in price, that doesn't mean it can't happen, especially on something like this where the content itself is only slightly different from the regular retail product. I personally think the popularity of the series and numerical limit on how many were produced will keep this at MSRP or above, but I also don't see this as something collectors are going to seek out down the road.

Its a good romp. I would say its more of an interactive novel than anything else while giving the illusion that your choices have consequences.

Is it a game? I guess, but very light at that.

[quote name='bojay1997']There are plenty of store exclusive CEs that have dropped in price. Heck, Dead or Alive 5 CE was Gamestop exclusive and that dropped recently. While a store exclusive CE, especially on a hot IP has a good chance of not dropping in price, that doesn't mean it can't happen, especially on something like this where the content itself is only slightly different from the regular retail product. I personally think the popularity of the series and numerical limit on how many were produced will keep this at MSRP or above, but I also don't see this as something collectors are going to seek out down the road.[/QUOTE]

The regular DOA5 got a price drop, but the CE hasn't

Any reason why the regular version is already showing as out of stock for Amazon and Newegg?

This wasn't a limited release game, right?

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Any reason why the regular version is already showing as out of stock for Amazon and Newegg?

This wasn't a limited release game, right?[/QUOTE]

Game comes out he 14. The website is probably not updated yet.

[quote name='MrBoss']Yes.
It also won Spike TV's VGA's Game of the Year.[/QUOTE]

So did Madden NFL 2004 in 2003.

Pre-orders got pulled on amazon within the last 48 hours as I was thinking about it with the facebook $5 dollar promo. (vaniillna version)

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Any reason why the regular version is already showing as out of stock for Amazon and Newegg?

This wasn't a limited release game, right?[/QUOTE]

I think they just didn't anticipate the demand for it. It wasn't being sold by Amazon last night, but the PS3 version is back again. It's still in stock at GameStop also (regular versions). You can also buy it on BestBuy.com and they have it listed as a limited edition, although I'm fairly sure it just comes with a poster or something.

So I have this pre-ordered for 360 at gamestop, but I don't think I really want it. Do you guys think I should not pick it up, or should I pick it up and resell?

[quote name='karaethon']So I have this pre-ordered for 360 at gamestop, but I don't think I really want it. Do you guys think I should not pick it up, or should I pick it up and resell?[/QUOTE]

if you decide to pick it up and sell it shoot me a PM, I missed out on the pre order.

The best buy near me said they are only getting 5 copies. I wonder if stores or the publisher really underestimated the demand of the vanilla version.

[quote name='wugenius']The best buy near me said they are only getting 5 copies. I wonder if stores or the publisher really underestimated the demand of the vanilla version.[/QUOTE]

i think so, its a niche product. Plus, a majority of people who were interested got the season pass. I can see it never being reprinted, since its much cheaper to buy the season pass.

[quote name='finstersucks']i think so, its a niche product. Plus, a majority of people who were interested got the season pass. I can see it never being reprinted, since its much cheaper to buy the season pass.[/QUOTE]
I really regret not going ahead and pre-ordering the CE. :/

Most of the Best Buys around me have the game available for in store pickup but it's no longer available for shipping.

Yeah, I just placed a quick order at my local Best Buy as soon as I saw that, and used a $5 rewards coupon on it as well. If any of you are interested in this game, even the regular version, I highly recommend picking it up today or at least ASAP. This could be gone quick, and who knows if they print more for something like this.

EDIT:

I just went back to see if I could do in store pick up again, and nope, not available anymore. I can add it to my cart for in store pick up, but unlike last time when It was listed as available for almost every store listed, it is now unavailable at every single store except for one (including the one I put my order in at). This applies for both the PS3 and 360 version. I tried it with the highest quantity allowed of 3 and then tried it with just 1, and I got the same results - unavailable at all but one store in my area now just a very short while after ordering mine and them being available at most stores.

Maybe slightly OT, but has anyone played this disc version for the 360 yet? Is it one of those annoying "disc is spinning the entire time despite the fact I installed it to my HDD" deals?

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']

Damn, that book is HUGE![/QUOTE]

And that's just one of the two compendiums with a third to be rereleased!

I'll pick my copy up later today, I preordered last minute so I hope they have it in.

Got mine at opening. Store only had 2 preorders for each system. Everything came mint except the damn book. I have no idea but somehow the front cover got damaged.

Well, just placed an order at BB.com since you guys were freaking with "OMG this might be rarez" Used a $25 RZ certificate that I had, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up since I have the digital on the PS3. Grabbed the 360 version for an easy 1000k to the GS when I feel like going thru it again choosing all different options (something I had intended to do anyway)

Funny b/c I don't even know whats special about this BB LE other than the cover art (?) when I went back to click on the product from the search results, I got this white error page and message:
'An error (301 Moved Permanently) has occured in response to this request.'

Something definitely strange is going on with it..

[quote name='token2k6']Well, just placed an order at BB.com since you guys were freaking with "OMG this might be rarez" Used a $25 RZ certificate that I had, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up since I have the digital on the PS3. Grabbed the 360 version for an easy 1000k to the GS when I feel like going thru it again choosing all different options (something I had intended to do anyway)

Funny b/c I don't even know whats special about this BB LE other than the cover art (?) when I went back to click on the product from the search results, I got this white error page and message:

Something definitely strange is going on with it..[/QUOTE]

By the way it is only 500 gamerscore. It isn't considered a retail 1000 since it was a download among the XBLA games.

[quote name='token2k6']Well, just placed an order at BB.com since you guys were freaking with "OMG this might be rarez" Used a $25 RZ certificate that I had, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up since I have the digital on the PS3. Grabbed the 360 version for an easy 1000k to the GS when I feel like going thru it again choosing all different options (something I had intended to do anyway)

Something definitely strange is going on with it..[/QUOTE]

From the item description on BB.com...

Limited Edition includes a door poster to help you show off your fandom

In other words, nothing that special.

Picked up 2 vanillas, both as gifts since I have the downloaded version already. Best buy didn't even have them out, the guy had to go find it in the stockroom and commented on how they only got 3 copies.

Gamestop had my preorder available to pick up but same story, not many copies came in and most were for preorder.

I don't know why they didn't make many of the initial run. I mean, its a popular game. I can see this being reprinted though. (Regular edition I mean)

It's wacky how Amazon alters their trade in value all the time, but I guess it's automatic maybe? Just earlier today, as in an hour or two ago, they were offering $30 for the 360 version.

I've only read one account of gameplay for the 360 version so far (on GameFaqs), and the guy said he's experiencing framerate issues and video skips when playing straight from the disc. He didn't install it to the HD, though.

Anyone pop theirs open yet?

So if I already own Compendium 1 & 2 theres no real loss at not getting the limited edition outside of just different artwork on the cover? I mean the box would be cool but would probably be stored away. Just wondering if thats all thats so special for this collectors set.

[quote name='simmias']I've only read one account of gameplay for the 360 version so far (on GameFaqs), and the guy said he's experiencing framerate issues and video skips when playing straight from the disc. He didn't install it to the HD, though.

Anyone pop theirs open yet?[/QUOTE]

I had a couple of skips and frame rate issues on the X360 download version - and at least one complete freezes. It certainly didn't detract from the game overall though.

I just picked up the CE from GS and the single "Limited Edition" version of the game from Best Buy. Excuse the awful pictures, I had to take them really quick in low light with my phone before running back to work. I find it interesting that there are essentially three different covers for the game now...

KbO4v.jpg

NtPww.jpg

[quote name='D0RC']Anyone experience choppiness with the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]
A number of people on GameFaqs are saying they're getting choppiness/freezing on the PS3 disc version, and someone else chimed in to say he never experienced that with the downloads.

Hmm, I think this is a wait and see for me.

Just went into my local Best buy and they had 16 of the "limited editions" on the shelves for the PS3 alone. Didn't see a single 360 copy though. More were at the gaming counters.

This'll probably see a sale soon, but I picked it up at MSRP since everybody keeps saying it's great.

[quote name='Downhome']I just picked up the CE from GS and the single "Limited Edition" version of the game from Best Buy. Excuse the awful pictures, I had to take them really quick in low light with my phone before running back to work. I find it interesting that there are essentially three different covers for the game now...

KbO4v.jpg

NtPww.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Saw your post at the other place. Wanted to say "Could you please post pictures of the Best Buy poster?" but since I only lurk over there, I figure to post this here. :cool:

bread's done
Back