(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, semantics on being GOTY while only digital.

The experience it gives is fantastic regardless of only having a digital distribution at the time. The time of people not having some form of internet is hastily drawing to a close. More people have some form of internet over even having a landline these days. We'll eventually be completely digital whether we like it or not.

In any case, the retail release was already known and announced. Thats existing.

[quote name='Downhome']Why would we?

The eBay auctions are still selling for over $100, and even if they drop the price will go back up once it's OOS at GS once again.

The only way that would change is if they majorly overproduced the set afterall and there ends up being a ton of them on the market. I don't expect that, but I certainly wouldn't feel stupid about it. If it's limited to any sort of small number, it'll be a $100 seller for quite some time, especially once the current GS stock is depleted.[/QUOTE]

You realize you're talking about scapler prices. Which is whatever someone is willing to pay for something.

I'm talking about retail MSRP.

eBAY is a horrible example to use. People on ebay will pay $9,000 dollars to play a COD game a few days before street date,do those imbeciles represent a whole?

My statment is based on the game in general and how the disc version is broke on release. The game is almost unplayable for $70 dollars why would you want to pay $30 more for a game that still needs to be patched?

I can understand hardcore collectors might but you're talking two different kinds of groups one that wants to collect and one that just wants to play the game and have the bonus swag.

needler420, I have no clue what your point is.

I originally said that it would have sold out at $100 from GS and it would have. If people who were late to the party, only recently discovered it, or people who don't realize it's back at GS are paying well over $100 for it on the aftermarket, of course it would have sold out for less than what they're willing to pay now. The Walking Dead fans alone would have scooped them up, especially since it was said this is likely limited. It sold out before at a lower price, and it's still selling now even on the aftermarket and at double the price.

People would pay more because of the property and the possible limited numbers. And like I said, if it turns out that it wasn't limited and GS floods the market with them, everything I have said is pointless. I'm going on what we know now.

I'm disappointed that, even with the delays it still has major bugs. I don't understand why, for the PS3 version at least, they didn't just make it one of those downloadable games on a disc, where you just install the whole package onto the hard drive and insert the disc to verify ownership.

[quote name='Downhome']needler420, I have no clue what your point is.

I originally said that it would have sold out at $100 from GS and it would have. If people who were late to the party, only recently discovered it, or people who don't realize it's back at GS are paying well over $100 for it on the aftermarket, of course it would have sold out for less than what they're willing to pay now. The Walking Dead fans alone would have scooped them up, especially since it was said this is likely limited. It sold out before at a lower price, and it's still selling now even on the aftermarket and at double the price.

People would pay more because of the property and the possible limited numbers. And like I said, if it turns out that it wasn't limited and GS floods the market with them, everything I have said is pointless. I'm going on what we know now.[/QUOTE]

You remind me of all the Wii U flippers and their failed hypothesis.

They see some jackarse on ebay making a profit so they buy a few to flip and low and behold the system is back in stock online and locally and now someone else looks like the jackarse having to return multiple systems.

I did the same thing with Wii and had friends do it with PS3 so I can't say I'm innocent.
[quote name='takotchi']I'm disappointed that, even with the delays it still has major bugs. I don't understand why, for the PS3 version at least, they didn't just make it one of those downloadable games on a disc, where you just install the whole package onto the hard drive and insert the disc to verify ownership.[/QUOTE]

Modern gen gaming and western developers love releasing broken games. Seriously they love it. They care more about deadlines then if something is broken.

needler: why are you still trying to rage against someone just pointing out that even 30 bucks more would have still sold the initial run? You seem to be acting like you have some serious vendetta against Downhome for pointing this out.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']needler: why are you still trying to rage against someone just pointing out that even 30 bucks more would have still sold the initial run? You seem to be acting like you have some serious vendetta against Downhome for pointing this out.[/QUOTE]

Probably based on the fact I'm pointing out why it wouldn't have sold for $30 more at MSRP.

If this game was $30 more msrp after hearing about the needed patch, it would be much like the MGSR CE and probably have a thread rated at one star instead of two and get bashed even more.

I decided to order one of the CE's now that I finally got GS free shipping to work. I couldn't decide which console because both are apparently buggy, waiting for patches. So I chose PS3 because I don't want an eco case.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']You guys know the CE is back in stock online for both consoles right?

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/the-walking-dead-collectors-edition/10617

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-walking-dead-collectors-edition/106177

Don't forget to apply coupon code SAVER for free shipping[/QUOTE]

They're back in stock? They claimed right on the page that this was a pre-order only item. They just flat out lied? I think this is my last pre-order with Gamestop. What a shitty company. I'll either try to sell my collector's edition on eBay before prices drop, or return it to Gamstop. This is no longer a "collector's edition" in my mind. Not with excess copies floating around and no one wanting them. If only these scumbags stuck to what they claimed, this would have been a decent collector's edition, but they just scammed everyone. Why couldn't Amazon get this? They wouldn't have ripped everyone off like this...

[quote name='PetersHere']They're back in stock? They claimed right on the page that this was a pre-order only item. They just flat out lied? I think this is my last pre-order with Gamestop. What a shitty company. I'll either try to sell my collector's edition on eBay before prices drop, or return it to Gamstop. This is no longer a "collector's edition" in my mind. Not with excess copies floating around and no one wanting them. If only these scumbags stuck to what they claimed, this would have been a decent collector's edition, but they just scammed everyone. Why couldn't Amazon get this? They wouldn't have ripped everyone off like this...[/QUOTE]

:applause::bow::rofl:

[quote name='GBAstar']Anything that went back on sale today is either A) Cancelled orders B) Orders that didn't go through due to payment problems C) Reserve stock D) Returns
[/QUOTE]

If that were the case, they wouldn't still be on sale. What, did five thousand people cancel? There's clearly no demand anymore, aside from on eBay, where all the idiots go. I hope one of those idiots buys my copy, because I sure as hell don't want it anymore. I'll never pre-order from Gamestop again, and I sure as hell won't support this developer again.

Every CE comes back in stock the week it comes out on GS.com. They will be OOS within a couple of days again. Even D3 and Bordlerands Loot chest came back in stock.

[quote name='PetersHere']If that were the case, they wouldn't still be on sale. What, did five thousand people cancel? There's clearly no demand anymore, aside from on eBay, where all the idiots go. I hope one of those idiots buys my copy, because I sure as hell don't want it anymore. I'll never pre-order from Gamestop again, and I sure as hell won't support this developer again.[/QUOTE]

See ya in the next preorder thread when you talk about how you're excited to get a game from gamestop :D

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']See ya in the next preorder thread when you talk about how you're excited to get a game from gamestop :D[/QUOTE]

This is the first "collector's edition" I've ever ordered from Gamestop, and I only did so because it was exclusive, and due to the fact that they claimed it was "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY." That second part they completely removed from the page. Trust me, if it hadn't been for that second part, I wouldn't have ordered. All my pre-ordered go to Amazon. The first time I put my trust in Gamestop, and I get ripped off, go figure...

I'll just go back to using them for cheap bulk used game orders, because buying individually on eBay and whatnot costs too much, and gohastings is absolutely terrible for used games and whatnot ($35 dollars shipping for two small $2 PS3 accessories LOL!!!).

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure I'm not. If it's still in stock tomorrow, I'll try and dig myself out of this hole by passing my copying onto someone on eBay at a slightly inflated price, to cover the $70, and shipping.

So which version is better, the Xbox 360 or PS3?

Trying to decide which version to get. Leaning towards the Xbox 360 cause I use that more, but any compelling reason to get the PS3 version instead?

[quote name='PetersHere']This is the first "collector's edition" I've ever ordered from Gamestop, and I only did so because it was exclusive, and due to the fact that they claimed it was "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY." That second part they completely removed from the page. Trust me, if it hadn't been for that second part, I wouldn't have ordered. All my pre-ordered go to Amazon. The first time I put my trust in Gamestop, and I get ripped off, go figure...

I'll just go back to using them for cheap bulk used game orders, because buying individually on eBay and whatnot costs too much, and gohastings is absolutely terrible for used games and whatnot ($35 dollars shipping for two small $2 PS3 accessories LOL!!!).

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure I'm not. If it's still in stock tomorrow, I'll try and dig myself out of this hole by passing my copying onto someone on eBay at a slightly inflated price, to cover the $70, and shipping.[/QUOTE]

GameStop didn't just decide to say "extremely limited, preorders only". Telltale had that on their site. I assume what GS has available is denied credit cards and late cancelled orders.

People said the same shit about all three Portal guns when Amazon randomly would have 15 or 20 in stock again after the initial sellout. This type of thing happens. It's ok.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']See ya in the next preorder thread when you talk about how you're excited to get a game from gamestop :D[/QUOTE]

Not many people on CAG shop at gamestop. About the only time they do is in the case they get something exclusive.

The only time I ever buy games from them is that or b2g1 free used game sale.

[quote name='Drclaw411']GameStop didn't just decide to say "extremely limited, preorders only". Telltale had that on their site. I assume what GS has available is denied credit cards and late cancelled orders.

People said the same shit about all three Portal guns when Amazon randomly would have 15 or 20 in stock again after the initial sellout. This type of thing happens. It's ok.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it was never listed as "preorder only". Someone misread either a line that telltale said, or someone second hand said it. Nothing preorder wise from gamestop has ever just been flat out advertised as "preorder only" when it comes to the actual retail game, only DLC and promo items are listed as that.

[quote name='gamingdroid']So which version is better, the Xbox 360 or PS3?

Trying to decide which version to get. Leaning towards the Xbox 360 cause I use that more, but any compelling reason to get the PS3 version instead?[/QUOTE]

Apparently both console versions have nasty issues that need patching.

Unfortunately that means I would recommend the PS3 version due to its speedy and cheap patch approval process whereas Microsoft takes forever to release expensive patches.

[quote name='PetersHere']This is the first "collector's edition" I've ever ordered from Gamestop, and I only did so because it was exclusive, and due to the fact that they claimed it was "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY." That second part they completely removed from the page. Trust me, if it hadn't been for that second part, I wouldn't have ordered. All my pre-ordered go to Amazon. The first time I put my trust in Gamestop, and I get ripped off, go figure...

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure I'm not. If it's still in stock tomorrow, I'll try and dig myself out of this hole by passing my copying onto someone on eBay at a slightly inflated price, to cover the $70, and shipping.[/QUOTE]There's about 600 copies of the Xbox 360 version left on the website :lol:

their last disc release -jurassic park- was 360 only. i bought ps3 version to encourage them to keep releasing physical versions for both platforms.

Trying to decide which version to get. Leaning towards the Xbox 360 cause I use that more, but any compelling reason to get the PS3 version instead?[/QUOTE]

For those out there complaining that this isn't so limited or what have you, this thing is so popular and the buzz has been enormous, love it or hate against it this is what it is, a LE of a game that is surrounded by so much talk that even here it's at 24+ pages. What other LE has had it's own thread with this much talk??? And if u ain't down with that, us that don't give a damn what ppl think have 2 words for u!!!! Lol

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Exactly, it was never listed as "preorder only". Someone misread either a line that telltale said, or someone second hand said it. Nothing preorder wise from gamestop has ever just been flat out advertised as "preorder only" when it comes to the actual retail game, only DLC and promo items are listed as that.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Gamestop had "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" posted on their page, exactly as I have it written. They removed it, but it's still in google history.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Extr...&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That's why I'm pissed off. They just removed it from the page, as if it never happened. They just flat out lied when they put it there, to entice people to buy. That claim of pre-orders only is what pushed me to make the purchase. That's the kind of bullshit some scammer on eBay pulls, I wouldn't expect it from a large company like Gamestop.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']There's about 600 copies of the Xbox 360 version left on the website :lol:[/QUOTE]

600? Yeah, there's no way someone's going to convince me that that many people canceled, or were unable to pay.

[quote name='thegame956']For those out there complaining that this isn't so limited or what have you, this thing is so popular and the buzz has been enormous, love it or hate against it this is what it is, a LE of a game that is surrounded by so much talk that even here it's at 24+ pages. What other LE has had it's own thread with this much talk??? And if u ain't down with that, us that don't give a damn what ppl think have 2 words for u!!!! Lol[/QUOTE]

You realize the thread rating is at two stars. How many pages a thread is means nothing. Those amazon gold box deal threads go for dozens of pages and it's all posts about people bashing it.

Look at the MGSR CE it got bashed in till a one star rating. It's dozens of pages as well but it's all posts about how the bonus items don't justify the price.

[quote name='PetersHere']I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Gamestop had "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" posted on their page, exactly as I have it written. They removed it, but it's still in google history.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Extr...&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That's why I'm pissed off. They just removed it from the page, as if it never happened. They just flat out lied when they put it there, to entice people to buy. That claim of pre-orders only is what pushed me to make the purchase. That's the kind of bullshit some scammer on eBay pulls, I wouldn't expect it from a large company like Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Jesus christ, it's ONE DAY after launch. Maybe the reason it doesn't say "preorder only" anymore is because you can't preorder it since it has been released. derpderp

360 digital copy.

them selling opened/handled/used/resealed games as "new" should have been your first clue.

[quote name='PetersHere']I wouldn't expect it from a large company like Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']There's about 600 copies of the Xbox 360 version left on the website :lol:[/QUOTE]

How can you check? When I try the quantity trick, I just get a message saying there's a limit of 2 per order.

[quote name='technicalstylez']them selling opened/handled/used/resealed games as "new" should have been your first clue.[/QUOTE]

Ever since I paid 59.99 +tax for LBP GOTY and it was gutted. Pulled the game from a paper sleeve in a drawer.

I learned my lesson that day about 2 years ago now.

All gamestop is good for is exclusive content and b2g1 used if your in store and can see the condition. Ordering used online is a roll of the dice.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Is it me or does it seem like the flippers are extremely cranky about this whole thing.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much the flippers. It's the buyers as well. At first they were excited because it sold out in pre-orders and now there seems to be hundreds of copies in stock. On top of that the game is almost unplayable compared to the digital version.

I'm not even a flipper or a owner of the game. I was about to pre-order a vanilla version the other day with my amazon facebook promo credit and glad I didn't.

I kind of went with the new product motto. Let a new product hit the market and see what people say.

A lot of people on here are collectors and will keep it sealed so they are butthurt about a potential monetary gain. The ones that just got it to read the comic and play the game aren't so much butthurt.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Jesus christ, it's ONE DAY after launch. Maybe the reason it doesn't say "preorder only" anymore is because you can't preorder it since it has been released. derpderp[/QUOTE]

"Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" and "available for purchase after release" mean to very different things. ;)

They had no right advertising it as such, if they did not intend to stick to it. That's called false advertising, and false advertising is illegal. Taking a passive approach to the situation does not help anyone. You may not mind being ripped off, but I do.

This is the same company that sells opened games as new. Don't defend them, you're not in the right here.

Got it for my collection & still pretty damn happy about it!!
The box is simply awesome. Would have paid 50 bucks just for it with that sweet slipcover.
To think I got stuff inside it for extra 20 bucks is a great deal for me.
And yes, more copies may have popped up at GS but that doesn't mean it will still be available for anyone to buy retail in a few weeks.
Its a great collectors item - Period.

haha i can see why Peter is mad. He and another guy were basically calling people idiot for not ordering these things because it's extremely collectible.

I think this collector edition is worth its price even before you take into account the collectibility factor. I mean the game is $30 by itself and compendium is $35 regularly. So at $70 is a good deal.

[quote name='PetersHere']"Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY" and "available for purchase after release" mean to very different things. ;)

They had no right advertising it as such, if they did not intend to stick to it. That's called false advertising, and false advertising is illegal. Taking a passive approach to the situation does not help anyone. You may not mind being ripped off, but I do.

This is the same company that sells opened games as new. Don't defend them, you're not in the right here.[/QUOTE]

wtf do you want them to do? Keep every game behind the counter and the walls empty?

People steal, so why, from a business aspect, leave sealed games on the floor?

[quote name='kouleefoh']haha i can see why Peter is mad. He and another guy were basically calling people idiot for not ordering these things because it's extremely collectible.

I think this collector edition is worth its price even before you take into account the collectibility factor. I mean the game is $30 by itself and compendium is $35 regularly. So at $70 is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

That's basically probably where the price came from.

Aside from different cover art on the book and the cardboard box there is no difference. If you have neither then it's a great option. If you already have the book then your better off just buying the vanilla version of the game.

It's like I said from the start it's good for new people getting into the walking dead comics. Most people who were interested in the comics or walking dead in general already read them before the TV show and game.
A lot of new people are still jumping on the bandwagon though because walking dead is really hot right now and hyped up.

I been getting the single comics for almost a year now and even have a comic signed by Charlie Adlard.

[quote name='Confidance']wtf do you want them to do? Keep every game behind the counter and the walls empty?

People steal, so why, from a business aspect, leave sealed games on the floor?[/QUOTE]

You realize you don't have to keep the actual game on public shelfs.

You can just advertise the game and keep it locked in the back.

Or you know do what other business do and lock them behind glass.

Because their stores get stuff stolen from is not an excuse to sell new games as gutted. It's not the consumer fault they get stuff stolen from them.

I can't believe you would defend gamestop on the policy of selling gutted games as new.

a multi gagillion dollar company like gs could easily keep a display case w/ color photocopied artwork on the floor. they are just cheap. even black and white photocopy is fine and they are too cheap for that yet big lots can do it (in before gs has way more games than bl). even better they can do what they used to do and use 1 case for the display with both new/used sticker price on it and u tell the cashier which one u want. that way they can use a used game for display and keep sealed in the back. its really not that hard

[quote name='Confidance']wtf do you want them to do? Keep every game behind the counter and the walls empty?

People steal, so why, from a business aspect, leave sealed games on the floor?[/QUOTE]

ps, frys and best buy leave sealed games on the floor. bb has theft detection alarm devices set up at the entrance. gs could do that, they just don't want to- because then they couldn't sell you used games as new.

bread's done
Back