Thank You for Your Last Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off: The Bueller Bueller Edition

Great movie. I sang Twist and Shout for 2 hours after that part lol.

House of 100 Corpses.

Weird fuckin' movie, but I want to see Devil's Rejects.

Edit: Oh yeah, I saw The Sentinel last night. Good movie.

Through the Fire, good documentary on NBA player Sebastian Telfair.
Also, the Godfather. very good movie, 1st time seeing it.

The Sentinel.

It was a good movie that was definitely worth the price of admission. I probably would have enjoyed it more had Kiefer Sutherland had a bigger role.

doom - they made it more like resident evil than doom with all the mutation and zombies.

kingdom of heaven - except for the war action, the rest was pretty boring

Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind -- an early Miyazaki movie (1984)

Great, great movie, can't say anything about it that hasn't already been said of his movies-- exhaustively imaginitive, great story, etc. etc.

all that and 50 gratuitous upskirt shots of Nausicaa's ass? :lol:

Silent Hill again last night. I still liked it but there were alot of things that didn't make sense.
Like when she stabbed the painting at room 111 in the hotel and it made the thump like it hit a wall or something and the door was 3 feet behind the painting, her hand would've gone right through.

audition

wow...this movie is like a bad trip. the first half is slow and then all of a sudden it just builds to this f'ed up ending. this is the movie hostel wishes it could be. i could barely watch the last 15 minutes. horror/torture movie fans must check this out if you have not seen it.

Not a movie but the entire Dead Like Me tv running. Both season. Such a good show...why do they always cancel the orignal shows but keep shit on the air for years.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Not a movie but the entire Dead Like Me tv running. Both season. Such a good show...why do they always cancel the orignal shows but keep shit on the air for years.[/QUOTE]
Just ask FOX their pro's at that now.

Anyways I watched Baseketball, its a pretty funny movie and the south park creators are in it so thats another plus.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Not a movie but the entire Dead Like Me tv running. Both season. Such a good show...why do they always cancel the orignal shows but keep shit on the air for years.[/QUOTE]
You do this often don't you?

I watched Christopher Nolan's Following a second time over the weekend. It's a pretty good flick, although for some reason I couldn't get the alternate angle indicator on my DVD player to NOT show on the screen through the whole movie, and that just pissed me off.

2nd page? It's been a busy day of nothing special on CAG.

EDIT
Just BTW I saw a bunch of good dvd's on sale at hollywood video 3 for 25. List included The Weather Man, Be Cool, The Wedding Crashers, Capote, Lord of War and many more. YMMV.

[quote name='darkmere']audition

wow...this movie is like a bad trip. the first half is slow and then all of a sudden it just builds to this f'ed up ending. this is the movie hostel wishes it could be. i could barely watch the last 15 minutes. horror/torture movie fans must check this out if you have not seen it.[/QUOTE]I've seen it many, many times. :cool:

Speaking of Hostel, the highlight of that one, at least for me, was Takashi Miike's cameo. :lol:

Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior

It was decent. They made it out to be this awesome martial arts movie that was somehow better than every other Jackie Chan type movie, but it was basically the same.

I also watched the first half hour of Advent Children, and despite playing FFVII about 8 times, I had no clue what the hell was going on.

11:14

Hey guys help me out really quick. I am thinking of getting that x-files mini-series the one the that shows the plot througout the show.

God i cant remember the name of it......or if i can even buy it in stores.

[quote name='Soodmeg']11:14

Hey guys help me out really quick. I am thinking of getting that x-files mini-series the one the that shows the plot througout the show.

God i cant remember the name of it......or if i can even buy it in stores.[/quote]
X-files Mythology, think there are 3 volumes out now.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've seen it many, many times. :cool:

Speaking of Hostel, the highlight of that one, at least for me, was Takashi Miike's cameo. :lol:[/QUOTE]
yes, aside from the cameo it was overrated. the gore of hostel is laughable, but i could barely watch the mere 10 or 15 minutes of torture in audition...it just made me squirm and i couldn't help but think of some of the girls i've dated.

Last night- FF7 Advent Children, holy crap that was a long action sequence at the end

Today- Return of the Living Dead 2, worse than the first one.

Tonight-Event Horizon, I've seen it already but its such a great movie!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Tonight-Event Horizon, I've seen it already but its such a great movie![/quote]

Ooooh. Did you get the new collector's edition? That movie is fucked up.

[quote name='shieryda']Ooooh. Did you get the new collector's edition? That movie is fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I was planning on getting it but I found out the movie is the exact same cut as before. I added it to my blockbuster.com queue instead and it came this week.

[quote name='Eviltude']You do this often don't you?[/quote]

Do what?

[quote name='darkmere']yes, aside from the cameo it was overrated. the gore of hostel is laughable, but i could barely watch the mere 10 or 15 minutes of torture in audition...it just made me squirm and i couldn't help but think of some of the girls i've dated.[/quote]

Thanks man.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Thanks man.[/QUOTE]
hostel is worth the rental, but i wouldn't buy it. don't believe the hype about people passing out and needing ambulances. those 'test audiences' were probably comprised of people like my mom, who after watching alien (the original) in the theater had trouble sleeping for a month and to this day refuses to watch horror flicks.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Do what?
[/QUOTE]
Lol, You watch whatever series that you said you just watched on nearly a weekly basis it seems. In unrelated news, I want to watch this "Audition" now.

[quote name='guardian_owl']X-files Mythology, think there are 3 volumes out now.[/quote]

Sorry forgot to thank ya.

Anyway should i just get all 9 season or these X-files Mythology volumes? I am kinda confused on what they are and cant seem to find a good source to tell me.

[quote name='darkmere']yes, aside from the cameo it was overrated. the gore of hostel is laughable, but i could barely watch the mere 10 or 15 minutes of torture in audition...it just made me squirm and i couldn't help but think of some of the girls i've dated.[/QUOTE]Well I watched it for a laugh, so it worked out. But I also laughed at Audition, particularly that sound she makes. So cute. :lol:

i watched the sentinal a few days ago and almost fell asleep twice. :lol: it was an average movie for me "C".

i watched mission impossible 3 at an early screening last night and it was pretty good. some parts were cheesy and there wasn't enough character development for me. imo, i would give it a "B-".

[quote name='Soodmeg']Sorry forgot to thank ya.

Anyway should i just get all 9 season or these X-files Mythology volumes? I am kinda confused on what they are and cant seem to find a good source to tell me.[/quote]
Basically It a collection of all the most important non-"monster of the week" episodes in the series "grand conspiracy" arc. So if you enjoyed the majority of non-arc episodes, you might as well purchase the season sets you want. If you liked the conspiracy aspect of it more, maybe you just want to go with the Mythology collections.
Vol. 1 dvd review
Vol. 2 dvd review
Vol. 3 dvd review

Currently watching King Kong Productions Diaries, disc 1.

Hostel. They advertised the gore too much. It was worth the rental, but I wouldn't buy it.

And I saw 3/4 of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I liked it.

I'm gonna try and watch David Lynch's The Elephant Man tonight...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nah, I was planning on getting it but I found out the movie is the exact same cut as before. I added it to my blockbuster.com queue instead and it came this week.[/quote]
Supposedly there's a lot of special features on the Event Horizon: SCE set, commentary track, documentaries, deleted scenes so if you like the movie it might be worth picking up.

Currently watching the Night of the Living Dead remake on TV, has way too much yelling in it, much more than the original.

I've been on a Japan spree--

this morning: Millenium Actress

coming up next: Rashomon

[quote name='Apossum']I've been on a Japan spree--

this morning: Millenium Actress

coming up next: Rashomon[/QUOTE]

Rashomon = :drool:

Is it Criterion? The transfer is excellent. It was my first Kurosawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back