Thank You for Your Last Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixteen Candles - 6.5, maybe 7/10

It was great until the unrealistic typical cheesy 80's ending. The complete nerd gets the hottest chick in school without even trying? Dude, come on.

[quote name='Blade']Hostel

I was hoping for more gore. A major letdown for such a 'zomg scary movie.'[/quote]

Hostel was pretty lame. I give it half a star for Barbara Nejdoblahblahblah... she is super gorgeous. I liked Cabin Fever too actually (I know most people didn't but I found it interesting trying to figure out what was going on - who was going to live etc etc).

I would like to recommend The :bouncy:Emporers New Clothes:bouncy: starring Ian Holm as Napoleon in a "what if" scenario. If you remember, Ian played Napoleon in Time Bandits. This movie reminded me a little of Imortal Beloved. Just beautiful filming - the locations.. the score is wonderful. The movie gives you some good chuckles and it also has Nigel Terry (Arthur in Boorman's Excalibur!).

For more visceral "thrills", I would always recommend, which I'm sure someone has pointed out in this thread, Serenity. Watch Firefly series first if you can. Serenity, IMO, is the best sci-fi I've seen in at least five years, if not longer.

Watched FF VII: Advent Children over the weekend. Not a bad flick for the FF fanboy. For anyone else... you'd probably want to steer clear of it.

Layer Cake, I was a bit underwhelmed by it as the ending approached, and the anti-climactic ending was pretty dissapointing. I'm still not convinced Daniel Craig can play bond.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Layer Cake, I was a bit underwhelmed by it as the ending approached, and the anti-climactic ending was pretty dissapointing. I'm still not convinced Daniel Craig can play bond.[/quote]

ooohh, i've been meaning to watch that. thanks for the reminder!

naruto 2nd movie 7/10

[quote name='projecteightysix']Mission Impossible 3, good action movie but why did they hire Michael J. Fox and Janet Reno as the camera crew?[/QUOTE] Oh, that's horrible. :rofl:

Almost as bad as my sister starting to ask one of my friends what he was getting his mom for mother's day and then stopping herself and laughing for several minutes.

His mom died 4 1/2 years ago. :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

the ringer...sad when special olympians are the best actors in a movie. i feel like it was trying to be funny for the wrong reasons...i can't believe the special olympics actually endorsed it.

The only good comedy the farrelly brothers put out was Dumb and Dumber.

I'm sorry but there's something about mary is mediocre at best... I don't get what the big fuss is about.

yeah, i agree the farrelly brothers are overrated. i liked outside providence. only reason i watched the ringer was my friend's roommate rented it. he's been known to rent bad movies (doom comes to mind)

[quote name='Eviltude']The Animal Factory. Any movie Tom Arnold gets stabbed in is a good movie.[/QUOTE]
haha dang, i watched it the other day, it was kind of a pointless jail movie really.

WOO TOM ARNOLD FINGERING JOHN CONNER

Everything is Illuminated 9/10 Great movie. Had comedy, drama and all that good stuff. "This is Sammy Davis Jr., Jr. She is grandfather's seeing eye bitch."

The Da Vinci Code

IMO it was amazing. As a story and a movie it is well laid out and beautifully presented. It is hard to see why people thought it was horrible if you look at it as something to entertain your mind. I do see where people dislike it in some regards though. The overly religous might see it as blasphmy and all that; they must understand that it is just one simple thought that is presented as an alternative. Anyone who bashes that should hate themselves for not letting anyone have the basic gift of free thought.

There were some changes/alterations/omitions but since the movie was two and a half hours long I understand and felt that every thing was fine since I knew what was being changed/altered/omited. Some people might dislike the fact of Tom Hanks playing Robert Langdon but IMO he played it magnificantly as all the actors/actresses did.

All in all it was a remarkable film and place it along with V for Vendetta as the best films this year I have seenl; as well as one of my many favorites as all time.

Corpse Bride.

Some of the songs were funny, some of the undead designs were pretty good, and of course it was a beautiful looking movie, but Victor's motivation in marrying Emily wasn't clearly defined.

the producers (2005)

i'm not big into musicals, but my friends wanted to rent it. had some pretty funny parts and good choreography. hard to turn down anything mel brooks was involved with.

Saw Shaun of the Dead and New Police Force this weekend. Both were awesome. Since it was rather clean until the bar scene, I totally didn't expect
Daff's gory death.

Bill and Teds most excellent adventure......plus their bogus adventer right after.

God i cant get enough of those two........classic.

[quote name='Tiphireth']Saw Shaun of the Dead and New Police Force this weekend. Both were awesome. Since it was rather clean until the bar scene, I totally didn't expect
Daff's gory death.
[/QUOTE]

That death was a nod to Dawn of the Dead, the original version.

double indemnity

watched this in its entirety in class as part of our film noir lecture...school is tough sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back