The "10/14/10 - The Worst Hour Of Impact, No, Wrestling Ever" Wrestling Thread

[quote name='Scorch']I liked Foley's first book a lot more than the second.[/QUOTE]It's been forever since I've read them(2001-2002, IIRC), but I believe that's how I felt, too. Don't get me wrong, both are great books, but, yeah, definitely prefer the first to the second. I've actually been thinking about re-reading them lately. Have A Nice Day = Must Read.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm gonna be picking up Jericho's book tomorrow at the library. While I'm there, should there be any other books by wrestlers I should look out for?[/QUOTE]

I heard Regal's books was pretty good.

Yet again giving away the PPV match on free TV. Hopefully they'll unify the belts at some point to actually make the match mean something.

It took a 30 second exchange between Brock and UT to get people interested in a match that 95% positive won't happen, and immediately made people forget about the title match on Sunday. It's depressing to think that both major titles are involved in programs that absolutely NOBODY gives a shit about.

I applaud the WWE for having the balls to push new stars in Nexus, they're quickly approaching nWo b-team status with their irrelevancy. David "Flash" Otunga!

I love how MC Hammer is just there in the background behind McCool.

I thought Undertaker wasn't allowed to speak to the media. Something about how "his persona does not lend itself to doing interviews."

Hypothetical time: does Undertaker's interviews from the evening of UFC 121 bolster the need for scripted promos in WWE, or is his stammering and "you know"ing simply a byproduct of the fact that he's not playing the 'role' of Undertaker at that particular moment (i.e., it has no bearing on whether or not promos should be scripted)?

'Taker comes off as "regular guy" at the UFC interview - he's not in character and away from the comfortable, familiar landscape of a WWE promo. Even the Brock interaction just sounded like two tough guys in a bar jawing at each other - I don't think it says as much about scripted promos as it does of how boring wrestlers are away from playing their "character". He sounds a lot like Austin's promotional appearances.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm gonna be picking up Jericho's book tomorrow at the library. While I'm there, should there be any other books by wrestlers I should look out for?[/QUOTE]
BLASSIE!!!!!!

And I like Barrett's explaination of helping Kane...."It's none of your business!"

=

"Even the writers don't know...."

I'm sorry I don't care if I'm homophobic right now...

But everything about Otunga....from his style to his voice to his mannerisms...is gay.

*and doesn't everyone already know this storyline?

Cena wins...and guess who the special ref is? CENA!

So @ SS, Cena is going to screw Orton.

BUT....Otunga is going to affect the outcome anyways with probably Young and maybe even Tarver. (I still don't know why they didn't make it hurt more that he was really injured in real life. Dude was entertaining!!!)

[quote name='strongpimphand']BLASSIE!!!!!!

And I like Barrett's explaination of helping Kane...."It's none of your business!"

=

"Even the writers don't know...."[/QUOTE]

= so Undertaker doesn't look weak losing 3 PPVs in a row to Kane.

It's nice they caught that one but somehow forgot that the only time there's a Buried Alive match is when Undertaker needs to be gone for the rest of the year.

Bad start for Raw.So in the main event its John Cena vs. Randy Orton, and whoever wins is the referee for Randy Orton vs. Wade Barret.Have they just went braindead and forgot Orton is actually in the match that he would possibly also a referee in now too?

Well, I guess that gets the belts onto Gabriel & Slater without having to Freebird the belts. It also means that the match last night and the 20 minute snoozefest tonight were meaningless other than to tease tension in Nexus AGAIN.

CM Punk unleashed so much ether so far that I almost had a heart attack....DAMN!!!!!

[quote name='JJSP']Punk dropping BOMBS on commentary. "All Shawn Michaels ever did for Daniel Bryan was take $3,000 from him."[/QUOTE]
That was just gold and just plain awesome.Definitely one of the best talkers today.

"I like Evan Bourne and wish him a speedy recovery" - 2 or 3 weeks after working an injury angle with him.

Memo to WWE: when you let two talented guys just go out there and wrestle, people will give a shit.

It's been a while since I've heard a Raw crowd that into a match.

[quote name='007']Memo to WWE: when you let two talented guys just go out there and wrestle, people will give a shit.

It's been a while since I've heard a Raw crowd that into a match.[/QUOTE]

I still have goosebumps.

A CM Punk-Bryan Danielson feud would be orgasmic.

^ that. I hope people will give Ziggler some credit for those 2 matches as well - though I'm not so sure about him doing Billy Gunn moves in addition to wearing extremely similar ring gear.

By the way, WWE;

Everyone hates Vickie Guerrero. And it's not because she's a heel character with an annoying voice. It's because for the past five years she's made a living by exploiting her dead husband for cheap heat by storyline dating various members of the roster, and serving literally no other purpose. I've felt what it's like standing in the same immediate area as Vickie Guerrero, that is not heel heat. That is standing in the middle of a sea of hatred.

Planting the seeds for Bryan and Punk makes me happy, and they've apparently got faith in his ability if they're letting him work lengthy matches on PPV and TV.

[quote name='007']Memo to WWE: when you let two talented guys just go out there and wrestle, people will give a shit.

It's been a while since I've heard a Raw crowd that into a match.[/QUOTE]
I 2nd that.I was somewhat surprised they actually let them have a decent amount of time to put on a match on raw.

Heres another one hoping for a CM Punk-Bryan Danielson feud.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I honestly have to give it up to Ziggler. I had no idea dude could put on matches like this.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Two excellent matches two nights in a row aren't a byproduct of one person. Goofy name or not, Ziggler really demonstrated he can go in the ring the past two nights.

I just want to say if you've never stood in an arena full of people who are all looking at Vickie Guerrero, you've never stood in a sea of hatred. Seriously, that is not heel heat. And it's not because she's a heel with an obnoxious voice. It's because for the last five years she's made a living exploiting her dead husband by storyline dating various members of the roster for cheap heat. I think we'd all agree that we, the WWE Universe, like it a lot when she's not there.

Myke, there's some guy running for city council here named James Myke. I laugh seeing signs for "Vote Myke" around town.

From Danielson's twitter:

0000000000000000ik.jpg

[quote name='JJSP']Myke, there's some guy running for city council here named James Myke. I laugh seeing signs for "Vote Myke" around town.[/QUOTE]

Myke's invading and conquering the U.S.--one state at a time. ;)

There's a political figure running for something in Colorado, and her name is "Cherilyn Peniston."

I always laugh. My girlfriend thinks I'm a child. :oops:

Didn't any of you guys watch any of the matches Ziggler had with Mysterio over the IC belt? Ziggler proved to me back then that he had "it". And now a few month's later he's looking like a future workhorse for the company. With guys like Punk, Bryan and Ziggler, the future of WWE doesn't look so bad right now. :cool:

Hopefully, WWE doesn't fuck it up!

[quote name='Survivalism']I just want to say if you've never stood in an arena full of people who are all looking at Vickie Guerrero, you've never stood in a sea of hatred. Seriously, that is not heel heat. And it's not because she's a heel with an obnoxious voice. It's because for the last five years she's made a living exploiting her dead husband by storyline dating various members of the roster for cheap heat. I think we'd all agree that we, the WWE Universe, like it a lot when she's not there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I'm sure very few of those people had their spouse die leaving them kids to raise. You do what you got to do to keep your family going.

"...So you're losers, too."

I laughed.

Now I'm crying because Ron Killings is on my screen cutting a horrible promo. I guess this feud with Killings is to give Miz something to do before he does something meaningful with his title shot.

I don't understand why Truth needs to come out singing his theme before gettin in Miz's face. Obviously, getting crunk is more important.

Sorta surprised that WWE chose Killings to feud with the Miz instead of John Morrison. Considering the history of Miz and Morrison, and how they haven't had a real feud, a Miz-Morrison feud would be quite interesting.

Killings just needs to be given his walking papers. The most memorable anything in his career is his K-Kwik music ("Gettin' Rowdy").

Nonsense. Ron "The Truth" Killings was excellent in TNA when he went with the disenfranchised minority storyline. It was indeed true, though few wrestling fans would agree.

I think he has a place, he has some cool looking moves and the crowd likes him (regardless of how shitty his songs are).

Eh, scratch what I said about Zeke - I forgot, Ted needs a new Virgil to get the belt back from Goldust.

bread's done
Back