The "10/14/10 - The Worst Hour Of Impact, No, Wrestling Ever" Wrestling Thread

So I watched the wrest of Impact. It was bad. RVD/Anderson wasn't bad, though, until we got the Russo finish.

And I do not consider that to be an instance of Kennedy/Anderson being injury prone. I consider that to be an instance of a freaking stupid chair spot.

Holy shit this was a bad Impact. "They" were so predictable. There is noooo amount of logic or reason in the writing (thanks again Vince Russo). Bound for Glory was a joke (2 good matches... and that Knockouts match, WTF is a 4 way/Tag match ?)

For a hilarious review (of this impact and many others....and WWE shows): http://wrestlewrestle.com/tna-bound-for-glory/#disqus_thread

Thanks to Spoony, I got back into watching wrestling because he made it funny and that is still the only reasaon I watch Impact. It's like watching a Geriatric ward full of men just do the stupidest shit I have ever seen and Spoony lights them up for it. If there was no spoony, it would hurt my brain too much to watch this crap.

At first, Impact was just bad, so it was even funnier when making fun of it (MST3K-ish), but now, it is sooooooo bad that I need to make fun of it afterwards or it feels like my head will explode from all the illogical stupidity going on haha.

At least I have Smackdown vs Raw 2011 to look forward to....

DDD-

[quote name='BlueSwim']Saw this on the WWE Freeview. I find the honesty about what they are interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFqoUhPvxfA[/QUOTE]

I just watched this too and also found it very interesting. They made it very clear that they were going to offer very different programming, and this is about the time WWF/E finally caught up to WCW in the ratings. I am still amazed at how much wrestling was on that Dec. 1997 show. Could you see Tom Brandi wrestle the Sultan on a Raw in 2010?

Tyler Reks kinda has a Rob Zombie meets Pirates of the Caribbean thing going on now, and a pretty sick looking finisher - Reverse Death Valley Driver into a DDT.

[quote name='lombarvm']I just watched this too and also found it very interesting. They made it very clear that they were going to offer very different programming, and this is about the time WWF/E finally caught up to WCW in the ratings. I am still amazed at how much wrestling was on that Dec. 1997 show. Could you see Tom Brandi wrestle the Sultan on a Raw in 2010?[/QUOTE]I have no idea who either Tom Brandi or The Sultan are, but they need "The ______ Wrestling Thread" treatment. That spill off of the stage Dude Love took in that Raw episode was pretty nasty. He seemed to have overshot the table a bit and ate most of the impact on his hip. OUCH!

-----

Keep your eyes on the band members sitting next to DDP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bqi6-gYh_w

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='BlueSwim']I have no idea who either Tom Brandi or The Sultan are, but they need "The ______ Wrestling Thread" treatment. [/QUOTE]

The Sultan was a skinny young version of the man we all know as Rikishi. Tom brandi was just another jobber....

Decent Smackdown tonight. Wasn't a fan of some of the results, but good matches throughout. Seems Undertaker learned Flamethrower and Thunderbolt, too. I wonder how much BP he had to spend...:whistle2:k

It's interesting to note that the ratings for TNA last night started at 1.53, and steadily dropped each quarter-hour.

EDIT: It seems that what got Matt released was showing Mysterio's face sans mask in a video a couple of days ago. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Beef']It seems that what got Matt released was showing Mysterio's face sans mask in a video a couple of days ago. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

WWE wanted to get rid of Hardy, but what a joke of an excuse. It's not like you can't find matches with him without a mask on youtube. Hell, just the other day I watched a match with him, Eddie and Punk way back when for some indy fed champiionship and Rey was maskless.

It was weird listening to Big Show talk about everyone on "team SmackDown" like they were the greatest ever, when he's feuded with like half of the people on it. Just a few months ago he was knocking out Edge and stepping on Swagger's trophies and now they're shaking hands.

I also don't know why they randomly put that surfer guy from ECW in the match.

TNA wrestling is worse than WCW's red headed step child. besides when WCW made their guys do "promos" on talk shows... the DDP vs. Raven was a fun fued, i enjoyed it. im thinking i enjoyed it because they weren't main eventers... and were allowed to call their own matches and tell their own story-- which means Raven was calling all the shots.

SD Thoughts -

Loved Cody-Rey, Masters-Del Rio, and Dolph-Edge. Bearer's promo did a fantastic job of getting the buried alive stip over as a huge deal. It's a shame the show is doomed to fail. Striker listing the stakes of the show as POSSIBLY GETTING THE FIRST DRAFT PICK or, and this was just incredible - GETTING TO BE FIRST ON AN AIRPLANE. Call your PPV provider now! Everything involving Kaval was stupid. He gets pretty much buried backstage by Show, then they have a match that Show destroys him in, but Kaval gets saved by the bell, then he gets destroyed by TYLER REKS of all people. Cripes. I liked Reks in ECW, and he does have an awesome look, but this just felt very forced and a way to bury Kaval for no good reason.

Screens -

Quotes -

Long - It’s that time of year again - not Christmas - BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Cole - These men are in WITH CAPTAIN THE MIZ!
Cole - I know why Long’s been the longest-tenured GM in SD history - HE STEALS ALL OF RAW’S IDEAS. WE HAD QUALIFIERS ON RAW!
Striker - That’s ludicrous. TEDDY LONG IS A PIONEER. Qualifying matches make sense.
Cole - I bet Cody had a fashion tip for Rey - WEAR A MASK. HAHAHAHAHA
Striker - Michael Cole, ladies and gentlemen…
Striker - Bragging Rights could have many ramifications - like perhaps getting the first draft pick, or getting to be first on an airplane.
Striker - Cena’s like that guy who is forced to go to a job he hates in order to support his family.
Grisham - Can Cody be a cohesive team member?
Cole - WHO CARES!?
Striker - Happy birthday, Michael. I got you a copy of SvR 2011.
Cole - Great. I’m celebrating it with you two.
Striker - Wheelbarrow suplex by Cody!
Cole - RODY!
Striker - Rody, huh?
Grisham - Well, he used to ride around helping people…
Cole - VINTAGE MYSTERIO!
Kaval - Show, what did you do in your first match?
Show - I won the world title in my first match.
Kaval - Well, I WON NXT SEASON 2.
Kaval - Lace your boots up.
Show - Pay your health insurance.
Paul - Undertaker, the time for the final reckoning is nigh. YOU WILL BE DROWNED IN A HELL OF DIRT OF DARKNESS!
Show - Why are you on such a Miz kick? Do you fold his underwear and pack him a lunch before a match?
Cole - THAT’S THE KIND OF HUMOR I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE IN KNUCKLEHEAD!
Cole - Exactly.
Striker - We’ve got the arrogant athlete against the funky street fighter MVP!
Cole - Are you okay, eagle?
Striker - How do you understand Hornswoggle?
Show - It’s like a Giant-Little Person thing. Kinda like Portugese and Spanish.
Cole - Edge and Dolph aren’t the only ones with experience with Vickie - the Big Show is as well.
Show - That’s one reason I respect Dolph so much.
Striker - I can’t help but get jelly-legged around Kaitlyn and Vickie…
Grisham - JELLY LEGGED!?
Cole - I don’t wanna take anything away from Kaval, but Big Show coulda beaten him in 30 seconds.
Reks - WWE’s favorite new superstar has a spot on Team SD - WHAT A JOKE. I’M TYLER REKS - YOUR NEW BREAKOUT SUPERSTAR. IF ANYONE DESERVES A SPOT ON TEAM SD, IT’S ME. I CAN BEAT GIANTS, AND I KNOW I CAN BEAT YOU!
Long - Wait, just a minute. I can’t let you face Kaval after he just faced Big Show. I don’t think he’s up to it.
Kaval - If he wants my spot, THEN YOU’RE GONNA HAVE TO TAKE IT FROM ME!
Cole - Kaval, your dream lasted two minutes.
Grisham - Kaval went from being in a PPV main event to being off the card.
Cody - Nail polish is NOT just for women.
Cole - Finally, a champion of male hygiene!
Cole - McIntyre knocks Kofi back to Mexico!
Grisham - I’m surprised you haven’t brought up “controlled frenzy” yet, Cole.
Cole - Well, he hasn’t had any offense, so why would I?
Grisham - Well, it’s being controlled…
Kofi - TEAM SMACKDOWN - SQUAD UP!
Kane - FACTS LEAVE NO ROOM FOR ARGUMENTS! THE FACT IS THAT THE UNDERTAKER IS A SHELL OF HIS FORMER SELF BECAUSE I MADE HIM THAT WAY! I AM SUPERIOR TO HIM, AND I AM SUPERIOR TO ALL OF YOU.

[quote name='lmz00']
I also don't know why they randomly put that surfer guy from ECW in the match.[/QUOTE]

ahhh there you go.. i was trying to remember where i had seen that guy

I would like to see Kaval get that bragging rights spot back somehow. Otherwise, we all know who is getting eliminated first. Actually I guess either way Kaval or Reks that's probably the first guy out of the match.

It's not an elimination match, so whichever team gets the first pin wins. Dunno why they'd do it that way, but that's what the announcers said on SD. (Michael Cole said something about how team SD could lose before Big Show even gets a chance to step in the ring.)

[quote name='Chuplayer']So monumental it gets the crown of next wrestling thread. Somebody said for somebody to go crazy. Now I am.

25 minutes of They bullcrap. Commercial. 10 more minutes of They bullcrap with not a smidgen of violence even though Nash and Sting were on the wrong side of They. Another commercial. Backstage segment where Dixie says "shit" uncensored. Her husband gets knocked out. Another commercial. JWOW. "Madison/Tara and Mickie James in Stupid Angle or How I Learned To Hate Vince Russo In This Decade, Too." MORE JWOW. Hour over.

fuck[/QUOTE]

TNA - This is wrestling.

TNA reminds me a lot of WCW right before it died.

Yeah, I'd guess that the Kaval/Reks spot will be the contested one, so assume it'll change at least once more.

Still, while it's actually an okay concept, I'd rather there be something on the line, because it just screams 'filler' PPV. At the very least, can it and put the matches on at Survivor Series.

Though the industry has many, many problems, the current PPV set-up desperately needs to be the first thing to go. It hurts the product almost as much as poor writing and a PG rating combined.

Sidenote... I saw a blog the other day about this Cena/Nexus storyline being awful and for kids. Am I the only one that thinks that's totally off base and that this is the most compelling Cena has been in years? Honestly, it's not a full heel turn, but he actually has opponents that are *actually* beating him, which is enough for me right now. Shockingly enough, underdog Cena can work if you set it up the right way.

Right. Done.

Tyler Reks getting a spot is similar to Eric Escobar getting a spot. :whistle2:|

I do agree that this current storyline with Cena is very intriguing. It's kind of funny how nobody really knows how this is going to end...or at least I don't.

Woah. Smackdown had wrestling on it. Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio and Edge vs Dolph Ziggler both went around 10 minutes each (of tv time!) and were a delightful change of pace from the typical shitty

I've always thought the Cena storyline would end with him somehow destroying Nexus from the inside. It almost has to. I expect a faux heel turn, a'la CM Punk with the New Breed except hopefully longer lasting, culminating with Cena dismantling the group. Maybe he'll put his career on the line against Nexus' existence. I'm not sure.

I spent several hours this morning and the first few hours of my afternoon watching NXT, Superstars, Impact/Reaction, and Smackdown, and now I feel like writing. I know only a couple people read my long posts, but I'm in the mood, so I'll give some thoughts on the aforementioned shows, plus Raw.

Ring of Honor on HDNet:

ROH was solid this past Monday, as usual. The American Wolves' split from Shane Hagadorn was finally completed, and the stage set for the upcoming American Wolves/Kings of Wrestling battle. Speaking of the KoW, I love the purple trunks with the blatant ripoff of the LA Kings logo. But that match should be incredible; I can't wait to see it.

Austin Aries accompanied Kenny King and Rhett Titus out to the ring next for a match against the Dark City Fight Club. I've met Aries and King in person, and they were cool dudes. They're also 2 of my favorite ROH wrestlers. The match was pretty good with some brutal punishment being dished out, but the finish was disappointing, with King rolling up Chavis with a schoolboy after so many near falls involving power moves.

Roderick Strong and Truth Martini. Hey, look- both of them are still terrible on the mic, and Roderick Strong is a really good wrestler who has zero charisma.

Next came the "Pick Your Poison" match in which El Generico got to pick Kevin Steen's opponent. Colt Cabana announced that Generico had chosen Steve Corino to face Steen. Steen then quit Ring of Honor. It's going to be sad with him, Austin Aries, and Tyler Black all gone.

The main event saw Christopher Daniels finally gain a pinfall over Roderick Strong, albeit controversially. Strong nailed the same kick he used to beat Tyler Black for the title, but the referee stopped the count at 2 after seeing the Book of Truth (which Strong had not used) in the ring. This allowed Daniels to recover and land the BME for the 1-2-3.

Raw:

I liked the opening segment with Miz, Riley, Cena, and Barrett. Cena and Miz have pretty good chemistry together, so I was looking forward to the match right away.

It was pretty obvious who was winning the opener. R-Truth, complete with Crunkin' Eve Torres, scored the victory over Ted DiBiase following a distraction by Goldust and Maryse's clone. R-Truth qualifies for team Raw one year after representing Smackdown at Bragging Rights. I hope Goldust gets a lot more TV time.

John Morrison vs. Tyson Kidd was, like most of the matches on the show, pretty short, but it was total nonstop action. Kidd's 2nd rope Russian legsweep was very cool, and I was really surprised to see Morrison bust out the C4 and get the win with it. He should definitely use that more often when he's facing smaller opponents. Even though the move is ridiculously unrealistic, I love seeing it executed.

Santino vs. Zack Ryder for a spot on the Bragging Rights team? REALLY? I mean, I love both guys and think Zack Ryder deserves a US title push, but what has either guy done to warrant a spot on the team? As usual, Ryder loses- to the Cobra Strike no less- and Santino makes the team. Apparently, after a few weeks off, they're going back to the Santino/Tamina angle. Yay.

Gabriel vs. Orton was pretty good, and Gabriel looked like he could hang with Orton in there for 10 minutes. The finish was botched as Gabriel was supposed to miss the 450, but Orton rolled and got hit in the side and arm instead, but he got up and nailed the RKO for the win as expected.

Sheamus and Daniel Bryan had a nice little match next. Bryan got in some nifty reversals and submissions before Sheamus kicked his head off to win the match.

R-Truth's demeanor in his promo with Cena was just... odd. It didn't seem to fit Truth's character.

Once I saw Bourne come out, I got giddy, expecting CM Punk to be his opponent. The match was criminally short, although Bourne was injured, which I didn't know at the time. Still, it was a fun 2 minutes, and the post match beatdown with the Anaconda Vice was good stuff. CM Punk being the man traded for Edge should work out great for both guys.

The women's segment was kind of dumb. I usually enjoy LayCool on the mics, but this exchange did nothing for me.

The main event went about as I expected, which was good. I thought Cena still might win and then offer Miz a spot on the team, but thankfully, Miz got the win after a McGillicutter and a Husky Harris senton splash. Hopefully, those guys will become Nexus members next week. I also hope that Wade Barrett's mic skills rub off on McGillicutty. Wade's mocking of Cena to end the show was classic.

NXT:

I don't think many of you watched this show when it was on SyFy. Who watches it now that it's online? Apparently, WWE.com airs it live but does not show replays, so I am forced to watch in standard def on Hulu.

The show opened with a competition to name the wrestler whose entrance music was played. Contestants had to sound air horns to buzz in. The songs were all incredibly easy to anyone who has watched WWE programming, and AJ got almost every single one while Michael Cole called her a nerd. AJ won 1900-100 in a blowout.

Naomi vs. Alicia Fox was as ugly as the 2 women are beautiful. The finish was botched, as Alicia pretty much whiffed on the axe kick, but Naomi sold it anyway, kicked out at 2, and then got hit with another one for the three count.

In the next competition, the women had a minute to talk and show their personalities. Naomi trashed Michael Cole and made fun of him for being a terrible announcer and not being Jim Ross. It was pretty amusing.

AJ clearly won the contest by putting out a "personal ad", talking about going over to her place for a hot night of playing video games and eating pizza, and be in bed by 10. That's my kind of gal right there. She said she'd post her gamertag on twitter, which she did.

Kaitlyn cut a promo about Vickie Guerrero being old. Aksana expressed her love for America. Maxine again talked about how she's always on top.

Power of the Punch returned! Naomi got an 801, which no other lady approached. Kaitlyn took a running swing and barely grazed the bag, getting her a 5. Aksana scored a 666. This was as dumb as you'd imagine.

AJ pinned Aksana in the main event. As if it wasn't glaringly obvious that it was going to happen, Goldust proposed to Aksana after the match so she could stay in the country. Aksana accepted. I like the pairing, but Aksana's gimmick and look are so close to Maryse's, and presumably Aksana would eb on Raw with Goldust.

Superstars:

Kelly vs. Layla to open. Oh, how far Kelly has fallen in the past couple of months. Still, she picked up the win in this match with a small package following Natalya tripping up Layla.

Curt Hawkins vs. Trent Baretta followed. Why did they go from Hawkins and Vance Archer being undefeated as a team and challenging The Hart Dynasty one week, to having them not involved in the 5 team turmoil match, jobbing them out to The Dudebusters (a team I love, but they never win) and in a handicap match to The Big Show before splitting them up? We need more good teams like those guys. The match was actually pretty good, and Hawkins won with the heat seeking elbow.

Where did Scott Stanford go? Cole is back on commentary as Primo faces the still not fired Darren Young. Here's a match with 2 guys who are pretty fun to watch in the ring, but I just can't stand either of their "characters". At least we get to see AJ. Decent little match, and Darren Young hit a variation of his spinning full nelson slam finisher. That's right- Darren Young won a singles match!

Alicia Fox has lost a lot since she dropped the belt to Melina in August, and I didn't see this match going any differently for her. Alicia did impress me by countering the Code Red into a Gory bomb, but she then missed the axe kick and Melina hooked a backslide and rolled through with a bridge for the 3 count.

Impact/ReAction:

I read what people were saying about this show's lack of wrestling, but ti was a lot better than NXT a few weeks ago which had no matches and a lot more dumb stuff. Hell, it was better than a lot of episodes of NXT. I've also seen much worse from other companies.

While all the talking may have been better suited for Reaction, TNA did a damn good job establishing the new world order of the company. So, apparently the group is called Hollywood Hogan's Immortals, or just Immortal. Hogan called Abyss "my son" a lot. Man, Abyss is basically Hogan's bitch and he's gotten nothing out of it but a bunch of losses and he allowed someone else to take the world title that was within Abyss's grasp. He sure got a shitty deal. Jarrett made a wise career choice, however.

Fourtune (or Fortune, as it was spelled on Reaction, so who knows?) came out and Flair talked about how they ran TNA. Flair said he hated Hogan and there wasn't room for the both of them, and then... Flair and Hogan hugged. Man, all this heeling is going to kill business, but I can't help but love it. Flair says he loves Hogan more than all 5 of his ex-wives, who, by the way, can kiss his ass. WOO!

Hardy came out and cut a standard Jeff Hardy promo, sadly, except he talked about not caring about what the fans think. He says he didn't sell out; he sold in. Um... okay then. Sting and Nash were watching in the back, and then they got called out. Following the commercial, the Wolfpac entered the ring.

Hogan and Bischoff tried to recruit Nash and Sting. Nash, who everyone knew was on his way out (at least for now) not only went out with a PPV win, but cut a promo about how he didn't do this for the money. I like Nash, but that was some hilarious bullshitting going on there. Nash and Sting walked out, and Pope pleaded with the two of them to stay and fight the good fight. Pope said he'd continue the fight even without them. Then Dixie carter asked Nash and Sting why they were leaving. they said she didn't listen to them. She made the great point that they were speaking cryptically, and if they had told her straight up, she would have listened.

Dixie met up with Hogan and Bischoff in their office and said "shit" on air. Hulk had heel security (will they ever wrestle again?) took Dixie out of the building, and Serge got punched out. Soon after, J-Woww arrived at the Impact Zone!

In the first "match" of the night, Madison Rayne challenged Tara to a Knockouts title match. She ordered Tara to lay down, and Tara complied, making Madison the new champion. Well, that was stupid. Madison's celebration was awesome, though. Mickey James came out, all like, "Really?" and took out Tara as Madison bailed. Backstage, J-Woww talked to the Beautiful People and ran into Eric Young and Orlando Jordan.

Kurt Angle came out and was interrupted by Jeff Jarrett. The promo touched on backstage politics and on Karen Angle leaving Kurt and marrying Jeff. Jarrett actually made a strong case for why he joined team Hogan. Really good exchange. Heel security attacked Angle and Jarrett beat him down until Taz stepped in and stopped him.

We finally got another match. Samoa Joe vs. Abyss, eh? Should be good. But just 2 minutes in, Abyss got disqualified for using the ring bell. Fantastic. RVD came out for the save. RVD demanded an explanation from Jeff Hardy, and Jeff referred to himself as the Anti-Christ of pro wrestling. Eric Bischoff then came out and told RVD he would face Mr. Anderson in the main event for a title shot at Turning Point.

Bischoff, backstage, told Miss Tessmacher shew as a bitch who talks too much and that she was relieved of her position, and would become a wrestler. That's going to suck. Following that, Fortune (minus Morgan and Flair) faced Pope in a 5 on 1 (tag) handicap match. Random thought: What ever happened to AJ Styles defending the TV title regularly? Pope got a good amount of offense and almost won before Beer Money took him out and Kaz got the pin.

Next was the J-Woww segment. Last week, they announced that Robbie would have his debut match this week. Then, he attacked X Division Champion Jay lethal at the biggest PPV of the year. Now, not only does he not have a match, but we got to see J-Woww get paid $15,00 for a catfight with Becky Bayless. Wee.

The main event got about 1 minute of air time before Reaction started, and then we had a non-finish after 10 minutes. That was still longer than a lot of Impact main events, and it was a decent match. Bischoff escorted the ref backstage with no explanation, and Jeff Hardy ran in and attacked RVD and Anderson with a chair. Hardy placed Anderson's arm in the chair and nailed a Twist of Fate to RVD on top of the chair and arm.

Despite the lack of wrestling, the show worked really well as far as explaining and advancing the angle from Bound For Glory. But while I love the new stable and its motivations, TNA's upper card now has the same problem as both Raw's upper card and and Smackdown's midcard- lots of heels and very few credible faces. We didn't even see a single EV2 member (or Kendrick) on the show. No X Division Champion Jay Lethal, no Tag Team Champion Motor City Machine Guns... I love heels in general, but it must have sucked to endure this show at the arena.

Smackdown

Bragging Rights qualifying matches for this show, with Rey Mysterio and Cody Rhodes starting off. Too bad... I wish both guys could be on the team, but hey, maybe they'll actually have a tag title match at the PPV. Rhodes kicked out of the Drop the Dime, but Mysterio nailed a 619*to the face* and got the splash for the win. Good opener.

Kaval asked for a spot on team Smackdown, and Big Show agreed to give him one if eh could last 5 minutes against Show. After that, Paul Bearer issued a challenge from backstage for a Kane/Undertaker Buried Alive match at Bragging Rights.

Jack Swagger (with the Swagger soaring eagle! Yes!) faced MVP next. MVP never wins anymore, so of course he lost in 2 minutes, tapping out to the ankle lock. Maybe they'll actually push Swagger now. Probably not. They really should push MVP since Dolph Ziggler needs credible face challengers.

Next up was a short match between Alberto Del Rio and Chris Masters. Well, this one's a no-brainer. Del Rio got the tap with the cross armbreaker. Post-match, Show (on commentary) offered Del Rio a handshake, but Alberto simply winked and walked away. Awesome.

I'm so glad Edge brought back his old entrance attire. Edge and Dolph Ziggler had a really good back and forth match that was probably the best of the night. I almost bought Dolph winning via countout after he nailed a sick Zig Zag into the steel steps, but Edge beat the count by a fraction of a second. Edge caught Ziggler with a spear as Ziggler jumped from the second rope, and Edge got the win. I'm glad Edge won, but Ziggler's getting the Jack Swagger treatment as champion.

Next up, The Big Show beat the shit out of Kaval for 5 minutes, as expected, but pretty much let Kaval qualify by not trying to pin him. OH fuck ME IT'S TYLER REKS. His current get-up looks better than his old style, but this guy... ever since I saw him in ECW, I've hated everything about him. He's been my least favorite WWE superstar. And now, here he is, after 8 months off TV. Just as I feared, he squashed the beaten down Kaval and hit him with RJ Brewer's Lucha Libre USA finisher, setting Kaval up in a torture rack/burning hammer position and dropping him down into an implant DDT. TYLER fuckING REKS IS ON TEAM SMACKDOWN. WHY?!

The main event could have been good, had it lasted longer than 2 minutes. It was obvious that Kofi was going to beat Drew McIntyre after Cody Rhodes failed to qualify earlier, but this match was over in the blink of an eye. Kofi hit the Trouble in Paradise for the 3.

The Undertaker made his way down from the roof to confront Kane and Paul Bearer in the ring. Kane cut a pretty good promo before Taker interrupted him and made a rather quick entrance to the ring. Undertaker beat up Kane, then Taker set off Kane's pyro. Kane and Bearer retreated, so Taker sent out a lightning bolt, which caused bearer to drop the urn. The camera closed up on the urn as the show went off the air.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a lot longer than I expected, but like I said, I finally felt like writing again. Good wrestling this week from Raw and Smackdown, and good comedy from TNA.

TNA's lost potential is so disappointing.. as I'm sure many of you have, I grew up watching wrestling and continue to watch, although not as much nowadays. It's really a shame when the top spots are held by guys like Hogan and Bischoff when it should be guys like Joe and AJ instead. I understand the whole passing the torch thing.. but shouldn't the torch have been passed by now?

Nice write-up, though comparing Impact to NXT isn't totally fair. NXT is a D level joke show that's been relegated to the Internet, and really wouldn't even still be around if they didn't have overseas deals still in place. So, really, it has a ton of leeway in how it's presented.

Impact is TNA's A level show, the focal point of the entire company. Even bringing up NXT in comparison shows just how much they're doing wrong.

Really, NXT gets a pass because it honestly doesn't matter. Impact should be held to the same level as Raw. I mean, think about it... one of your justifications is that Impact was better than 'a lot' of episodes of NXT. Says it all right there, man.

[quote name='007']Nice write-up, though comparing Impact to NXT isn't totally fair. NXT is a D level joke show that's been relegated to the Internet, and really wouldn't even still be around if they didn't have overseas deals still in place. So, really, it has a ton of leeway in how it's presented.

Impact is TNA's A level show, the focal point of the entire company. Even bringing up NXT in comparison shows just how much they're doing wrong.

Really, NXT gets a pass because it honestly doesn't matter. Impact should be held to the same level as Raw. I mean, think about it... one of your justifications is that Impact was better than 'a lot' of episodes of NXT. Says it all right there, man.[/QUOTE]

Point taken. Still, the segments with the talking (most of the segments) were more well done then WWE's in general. That, and the amount of wrestling really isn't much different from WWE in the Attitude era. You can see Russo's influence all over the place.

I always have preferred WWE to TNA, but TNA continues to entertain me. I don't quite know how to explain it. I kind of look at the 2 companies in different ways, and since I expect different things from each company, I judge them differently. Oh, and thanks for reading what may have been my longest post ever.

But I came here before heading out to watch football so I could post this pic. I know Punk had blonde hair years ago when it was a bit longer, but this doesn't really look good on him (from a house show yesterday):

cYBGx.jpg

Typed in "WCW Nitro Part" on Youtube and found a TON of old Nitros, broken into parts, from like.. 1995-2001. There goes my Sunday.

ooh, this guy is selling complete years of Nitro and Raw..

[quote name='Scorch']Typed in "WCW Nitro Part" on Youtube and found a TON of old Nitros, broken into parts, from like.. 1995-2001. There goes my Sunday.

ooh, this guy is selling complete years of Nitro and Raw..[/QUOTE]

whoa thats tempting..

there's others on the site with other years.. complete years of Raw.. 97, 98, 99, etc.. it's what i've always wanted. Going to have a hard time resisting this.. even if they are VHS --> DVD transfers.

There's been people on justin.tv that have streamed old WCW Nitro's in order. There was even one guy that was streaming the same date Nitro & RAWs back-to-back. 'Twas an awesome way to spend many snow days when I lived in PA.

The last legends will be revealed for Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 tomorrow night, and they said it's the "Coolest unlockable superstar ever". I've also heard it's the "coolest WCW star ever".

If it's Carlito, I'll be pissed. I want someone awesome. If it's Glacier, I'll be pissed.

I'm going to make a wild guess.. with their recent partnership for a toy line showing that they have at least SOME working relationship, I'm going to guess that it's "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

Anyone want me to upload some older WCW/ECW/WWE themes for you to use in 2011?

[quote name='Scorch']The last legends will be revealed for Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 tomorrow night, and they said it's the "Coolest unlockable superstar ever". I've also heard it's the "coolest WCW star ever".

If it's Carlito, I'll be pissed. I want someone awesome. If it's Glacier, I'll be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Could it be Big Daddy Cool, Diesel aka Kevin Nash?

If it's Kevin Nash in WWF/E era with the Big Daddy Cool gimmick, I'll mark out. If it's Sting in blonde or brown hair era, I'll mark out. I'm expecting it to be Savage, though.

When did Savage's horrible CD become extremely rare? It's sitting on both eBay and Amazon new for nearly $200.

I think Maven should be a trainer, just for shits and giggles

Even better....have Maven mentor Kaval. Have it be revealed Maven is his real life brother. Might as well!

[quote name='Sporadic']Could it be Big Daddy Cool, Diesel aka Kevin Nash?[/QUOTE]

Diesel and Razor. Good god, please, Diesel and Razor.

goldberg!!... cmon

Macho Man would be bad ass..

Sting and Nash would be doubtful especially since they are/been in TNA at the moment

[quote name='Chase']It'll be Ice Train and Aldo Montoya.

I mean, what's cooler than wearing a jockstrap on your face?[/QUOTE]

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas. DLC pack #3 has his alternate attire in the form of a beer belly, red Target polo shirt and khaki pants.

bread's done
Back