The "10/14/10 - The Worst Hour Of Impact, No, Wrestling Ever" Wrestling Thread

[quote name='mykevermin']Like a screwjob finish?

Was Vince McMahon ever on air at all? I don't recall seeing him, though I started watching about 9:10.[/QUOTE]

Not at all myke.

God this show sucked. Goldust's squash was awesome, Danielson dancing ruled, and I loved all the Cena-Nexus stuff, but the rest of the show was awful. Terrible SD vs. Raw buildup for the PPV, and the annoying STAND UP FOR WWE shit that permeated the second hour. Where to begin... let's see, WWE decides to do a huge injury angle for the WWE Champion - Nexus DESTROYS HIM WITH ALL THEIR FINISHERS. Fine. However, they basically undo the entire point of this by saying hey, he'll be wrestling in 4 days on SD against THE WORLD CHAMPION for...no good reason whatsoever. First, they announce the world champs fighting on TV, then announce that the secondary champs will be having a match on PPV. That's a wee bit ass backwards. After this match is made, the divas come out to douse Vickie in water, but then do confetti - the old Doink/Globetrotters deal, only this took a couple of attempts. They can't wrestle or use buckets properly.

Oh, and the Hart Dynasty faced Drew and Cody - don't worry, the Harts lost in their hometown. Wouldn't want to draw money in Canada or anything in the future. Oh, and Nattie didn't get to do the sharpshooter - but Michelle McCool did. They had Cole, who has been portrayed for 13 years as a goof, and for the past...however long since NXT debuted, has been a heelish character, play the part of WWE RAH RAH RAH guy with a patronizing statement about WWE being treated so unfairly by the media. WWE then played a video with an GIANT TV PG logo showing "what WWE's all about", Cena cited the TV-PG deal as them being truly unique. I have no Earthly idea how, then they showed a convicted rapist in Mike Tyson as a selling point for WWE's family-friendly, put a smile on every face image.

After what seemed like five lifetimes, the video ended and the main event of Show vs. Miz started, then for some reason, it was made into a battle royal. The battle royal itself was boring, and then made much worse by Cole spending the entire time dealing with Hornswoggle's antics, leading to extended periods of either silence while nothing interesting happened, or nothing of importance while this happened. The crowd grew restless. Then they got bored, then they cheered for Bret to come out - thank God, because at least they did SOMETHING entertaining. The match ended. I think SD's team won, and some kid yelled GO HOME. Shit show.

Screens -

You look fly to-day..

AND I Quotes -

Long - Ladies and gentlemen, do not adjust your TV sets. My name is Theodore Long, and I am the GM of SD. Why am I here tonight? Because I can! As a matter of fact, tonight, I’m going to take over Raw. (e-mail dings)
Cole - I HAVE RECEIVED AN E-MAIL, AND I QUOTE - GET OUT OF MY RING. NOW. You have no business being here…
Long - SD vs. Raw this Sunday at Bragging Rights. Bring that trophy out here. Mr. Raw GM, I want you to eat your heart out - cuz that trophy belongs to SD, cuz that that’s we did last year - WE LAID THE SMACK DOWN ON ALL THE RAW SUPERSTARS. (e-mail dings)
Cole - Get out of my ring, or else!
Cole - WHAT’S HE DOING HERE?!
King - I blame you for hanging out on SD.
Miz - Really? REALLY? This is the team that’s gonna take over Raw, really? It looks like Smurf village next to a nuclear plant. I was the sole Raw star to win at BR last year. I AM RAW’S TEAM CAPTAIN! I will be the man that will LEAD TEAM RAW OVER TEAM SD, ALL THE BRINGING RIGHTS THAT ACCOMPANY THAT TROPHY WILL BE COMING TO THE A SHOW. ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MY TEAM. NOW GET OUT OF OUR RING OR WE’LL MAKE YOU GET OUT!
King - Is he retreating?
Cole - NO, IT’S CALLED REGROUPING.
Cole - MIZ IS THE PATTON OF HIS GENERATION.
Cole - Tonight, Cena faces the two men who ensured he joined the Nexus - Husky Harris and Michael Milly, McGillicutty.
Crowd - WE WANT BRET! WE WANT BRET!
(to DH)Nattie - YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OFF. KNOCK IT OFF!
Sign - Vince Fears Dana
Cole - THE TED DIBIASE FROM BEHIND!
Barrett - John, tonight, I want you to test Harris and McGillicutty.
Cena - What’s the catch?
Barrett - There’s no catch - you can give the WWE Universe the John Cena they know and love. Now get me some water.
Cena - What?
Barrett - Get me a glass of water.
Barrett - Now that wasn’t so difficult was it, John? I’m really enjoying this… (splashes water in Cena’s face) Delicious. Just delicious.
Barrett - Cena, DON’T YOU DARE SHAKE HIS HAND. GET OUT OF THAT RING RIGHT NOW. GET OUT OF THE RING AND STAND BY THE ANNOUNCE TABLE. NOW, JOHN, you have the best spot in the house to see the demise of the viper.
Cole - THE UNIVERSE IS CHANTING FOR CENA.
Barrett - Cena, GET IN THE RING NOW. HURRY IT UP - I HAVE NOT GOT ALL DAY. Pick up Orton and give him an AA NOW. DO IT OR YOU’RE FIRED. Actually, I don’t want you stealing MY spotlight - GIVE HIM TO ME.
Cole - Watch the facial expression here after Cena releases weeks of frustration.
Vickie - EXCUSE ME.
Cole - Ugh.
Vickie - I AM THE OFFICIAL CONSULTANT OF SD, AND I AM PROUD TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THE SD SUPERSTARS APPEARING TONIGHT ON RAW. EXCUSE ME. THERE IS ONE SPECIAL SUPERSTAR WITH A TWINKLE IN HIS EYES BECAUSE HE HAS EYES ONLY FOR ME - DOLPH ZIGGLER.
Cole - Vickie looks great.
King - WHAT!? If she looks in a mirror, it throws up.
Cole - She’s about your age.
King - She’s held up as well as Keith Richards.
Danielson - I’m not a ladies man.
Dolph - I noticed.
Danielson - BUT I COULD DO BETTER THAN VICKIE. But if I could be serious for a minute… (huge pop) I’m not shredded. I don’t have the movie star good-looks you do.
Dolph - That’s an understatement.
Danielson - But I do have one thing - the ability to capitalize on any mistake in the ring,a nd the ability to make you TAP OUT. So here’s what I propose - the U.S Champion vs. IC Champion - SD vs. Raw YOU VERSUS ME AT BRAGGING RIGHTS.
King - Vickie’s a shipwreck amongst dreamboats.
Cole - She should be on a love boat.
Cole - THIS GUY’S A NERD. HE’S NEVER HAD A DATE - HE’S A VEGAN!
Cole - Natalya pays ode to Bret - Alicia’s on her belly!
Teddy - Teddy is always ready. Vintage.
Cole - RECENT POLITICS HAVE CAUSED WWE TO TAKE SOME NEGATIVE ATTENTION - STAND UP FOR WWE. If you want to know what WWE is really all about - look at this! (giant TV PG logo is shown)
Cena - One of the most unique things about our programming is that it’s all TV PG.
Cena - 300 dates a year - no off-season.
Cole - IF YOU’RE TIRED OF THE HOLIER THAN THOU ELITISTS AND STAND UP FOR WWE - GO TO WWE.COM AND STAND UP FOR WWE.
Cole - THAT IDIOT MASCOT JUST HIT ME WITH A FLAG.
Cole - SECURITY, SECURITY.
Cole - He could have rabies or something.
Cole - Hornswoggle, you’re better than Striker.
King - WE’VE LOST ONE OF OUR BEST SUPERSTARS - MARK HENRY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED.
Cole - On Sunday, I hope you get stuffed in some kind of garbage can.
(during battle royal)Crowd - WE WANT BRET! WE WANT BRET!
Some Kid - GO HOME!
Barrett - Cena, raise my hand as a token of victory.

cole says to king when Big show got double suplexed --- "omg king i've never seen anything like that no one has ever done that to big show"... King -- i know, i've never seen it before either.

that has happened just about every single 3 way match with big show in it.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't know if I buy the "draw" argument, though.[/quote]

I said "drawing well with families and kids" not "drawing well in general." ;)

Revenue streams are down, attendance is down, ratings have declined such that WWE is getting the occasional rating below 3.0 (also, if someone knows this, can you confirm that WCW Nitro was getting 2.0-2.5s about the time they were cancelled by Time Warner?). I don't buy their growth claims at all, because there's nothing empirical to back it up with.

The complete history of Nitro ratings.

Yeah in all honestly we all know the WWE will say they are "growing" even if their publically announced numbers dispute that. Of course some of that does lie in with the economy being weak so the WWE does have a bit of leeway with that. But on the other hand the WWE product itself could be far better than where it is right now. Having that PSP Kid on RAW only makes me change the channel not to mention whatever diva team that acts like valley girls, Hornswoggle, and other things. Yeah there are a few things the WWE is doing right currently but again the product could be better.

At least ROH for the most part gives me what I want - a good wrestling show that at least when there's talking segments serve a point to the show instead of being 45 minutes of nonstop ass kissing between a bunch of egos..... kinda like what was on WC... I mean TNA last week.

Legendary was a massive flop, and Knucklehead will gross $350K this weekend (my guess) and head straight for DVD, staying in the red the whole bloody way, no pun intended.

Knucklehead is already planned for a DVD and Blu-Ray release on November 2nd.

If I were running WWE, I'd drop the number of PPVs to 7-10, and drop the price to $39.95 (save WM at $49.95). I think that's a better strategy to increase PPV sales, though that's potentially at the risk of harming live gate revenues for PPVs.

Personally I'd cut the amount of PPVs down to four. I agree on the cost of $39.95 and no extra cost for HD. Then have at least two if not three potential three hour special shows on either USA or even NBC. Here's how I would plan things out.

January - Royal Rumble (PPV)
March - Wrestlemania (PPV)
May - King Of The Ring (USA/NBC)
July - Summerslam (PPV)
September - Night Of Champions (USA/NBC)
November - Survivor Series (PPV)

I think they'll stick with the TV-PG rating for a while. The quality of sponsors tends to drop when the product becomes more risque. Linda's campaign would seem to be the obvious reason for TV-PG but money trumps all in McMahonland. A loss in blue-chip sponsors (at least as blue-chip as WWE can get) would definitely cut into revenue streams, not to mention that Cena and Mysterio merchandise becomes a harder sell when the overall product starts to become aimed at an older audience yet said merch is aimed directly at kids. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Cash
Rules
Everything
Around
McMahon

Bret did make an appearance last night after the show was off TV to beat up Nexus or whatever. They taped it so it'll probably show up somewhere before long, if a fancam version isn't on Youtube already.

But MORE IMPORTANTLY, everyone STAND UP FOR WWE!!!

300x600.jpg

Yeah, ok.

A friend posted this on another board...
[size=+1]10 Ways To Stand Up For WWE[/size]

1. Go through your videotapes and DVDs, white out the name Chris Benoit and write Senator McMahon in its place.

2. Try to repress any memories you have of the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, Lance Cade, Bam Bam Bigelow, Yokozuna, Luna Vachon, Miss Elizabeth, Sherri Martel, Dino Bravo, Umaga, Brian Pillman, Earthquake, The Big Boss .. you know what, this is gonna take all day. Simply come to WWE Headquarters and take advantage of our free frontal lobotomy program.

3. Show your friends and family footage from RAW of a painted-blue midget in a viking helmet grunting, sounding like he's masturbating and proudly tell them that you watch this show every week. Ignore their laughter and finger-pointing. They're just being holier-than-thou elitists.

4. Don't buy any UFC PPVs. Ever. Brock who? Buy WWE PPVs every month, even when they feature the same matches and "comedy" segments you can see on the weekly shows.

5. Make your Facebook status "Hustle Loyalty Respect". When someone asks you about it, tell them that it's John Cena's catch phrase. When they say, "Who is John Cena", tell them he is a WWE superstar and an actor in WWE Films such as 12 Rounds, The Marine and Legendary. Do not let them leave your presence until they have used their credit card to purchase one of these films online along with a John Cena t-shirt from WWESHOPZONE.COM. Threaten them with violence or blackmail, if you have to.

6. Write to your local newspaper and hope that you can become an embarrassing internet meme like the "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT" guy.

7. Share your favorite WWE stories on Facebook and Twitter. Your favorite WWE stories involve Sheamus, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kane and The Undertaker. No, don't talk about Mick Foley or Hulk Hogan or ... nope, your favorite memory is probably when Cena pinned Sheamus on RAW! Stop kidding yourself!

8. Get an "I STAND UP FOR WWE!" tattoo. This helps us identify the dumbest people in crowds.

9. Do not throw water at Linda McMahon NO SHE IS NOT A ROBOT! JUST DON'T THROW WATER AT HER OKAY GOOD LORD I'M SERIOUS

10. Hide your painkillers, hide your steroids, hide your coke 'cause they Wellness Policyin' eerybody up here.

[quote name='Demolition Man']At least ROH for the most part gives me what I want - a good wrestling show that at least when there's talking segments serve a point to the show instead of being 45 minutes of nonstop ass kissing between a bunch of egos..... kinda like what was on WC... I mean TNA last week.[/quote]

Yeah, I wish I kept up with ROH more than I do. That's more on me than them, however.

Personally I'd cut the amount of PPVs down to four. I agree on the cost of $39.95 and no extra cost for HD. Then have at least two if not three potential three hour special shows on either USA or even NBC. Here's how I would plan things out.

I'm thinking in terms of business sense, not necessarily what I'd want to see. Telling a company who is turning a profit on 12-13 PPVs a year to cut down to 4 of them and you'll be forcibly shown the door. Suggest they can decrease them 25% and increase product awareness, brand identity and (most importantly) sales numbers, they'd be more prone to listen. In order to make the same amount of money on 8 PPVs as you do 12 (assuming even distribution of purchases, which is overgeneralizing, but bear with me), you need each of the 8 PPVs to sell 150% compared with the prior year. That's a HUGE (and pretty unrealistic) goal. Drop it to 4, and each of those needs to increase sales 300% to break even with what WWE does at 12-13. You can see, then, why it's difficult to kick the PPV habit for WWE because it's such a solid revenue stream.

4-6 would be best (OMG2MONTHPROGRAMS!), of course. But I think we'd need baby steps to get there, growing the sales of each PPV until it becomes financially sustainable to reduce the number of PPVs.

(but then you'd get some knucklehead who saw 500K in PPV sales for each of the 4-6 and said "LETS DO THIS EVERY MONTH CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW MUCH MONEY WE'LL MAKE???!?!?!?!?!?")

...actually, the more I think about it, monthly PPVs are here to stay no matter the case. TNA can and should drop them, but for WWE it's a fact of life. They're a publicly traded company.

[quote name='neocisco']I think they'll stick with the TV-PG rating for a while. The quality of sponsors tends to drop when the product becomes more risque. Linda's campaign would seem to be the obvious reason for TV-PG but money trumps all in McMahonland. A loss in blue-chip sponsors (at least as blue-chip as WWE can get) would definitely cut into revenue streams, not to mention that Cena and Mysterio merchandise becomes a harder sell when the overall product starts to become aimed at an older audience yet said merch is aimed directly at kids. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Cash
Rules
Everything
Around
McMahon[/QUOTE]

This and isn't the other problem that the older audience has moved on, if the WWE suddenly went TV-13 or whatever the hell it is I can't see people who were watching during the attitude era but who have now moved on coming back to watch regularly.

A few of my friends and I who used to watch Raw every week without fail back in the day have either started watching the UFC or are just watching other things now as their lifestyles have changed.

I buy UFC PPV's fairly regularly, but I can't see me ever buying a WWE PPV again.

[quote name='diddy310']I'm happy its actually a fighting game style select screen instead of the list now.[/QUOTE]

It's about damn time, too. I have no idea why they didn't do it earlier.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']R-Truth's picture in that character select...:rofl:[/QUOTE]

I'm catching up with the thread, and let out a belly laugh when I saw his square full of teeth and bug eyes. :lol:

[quote name='KaneRobot']Wade's finisher makes the Attitude Adjustment look like a top rope powerbomb. My grandma would get up and walk away from that weak-ass crap.[/QUOTE]

Gotta say: Barrett could absolutely have a more intimidating finisher. I wonder who thought of a forward fireman's carry slam. Prior to Barrett, I can't recall ever seeing that move. :whistle2:k

I think Wasteland would look a bit more intimidating if Barrett dropped to his knees when hitting the slam.

And I remember deriding the Olympic Slam for years. Dagnabbit, it--is--a glorified Samoan drop, though, and not even a good one. :whistle2:#

[quote name='mykevermin']I guess I'm the only one who's excited to see Ezekiel Jackson back? I think he's a solid big man. His entrance theme couldn't be more bland, however. And I still think that the WWE naming system is willfully ignorant of his plenty-unique-yet-tough legal name (Rycklon Stephens) in favor of something generic yet "black" (probably the same braintrust what brought us "Ahmed Johnson").[/QUOTE]

I, too, am excited to see Ezekiel Jackson return to WWE. I'm a fan, and think he has a lot of potential. Jackson, upon his stint as the black bodyguard, has much more potential than Curtis Hughes upon the conclusion of his feud with Shawn Michaels. Regarding Brian Kendrick, it's a shame they never let him become the Brian Pillman, or Shawn Michaels, character they tried to hype. I had genuine interest in a Kendrick-Jackson feud.

While "Rycklon Stephens" works, and is original, I actually like the name "Ezekiel Jackson." Gotta wonder if "Ezekiel Jackson" is a reference to Samuel L. Jackson and his glorious recital of Ezekiel 25:17 in Pulp Fiction. If his name is a reference, then color me a vibrant shade of impressed. ;)

[quote name='Chase']While "Rycklon Stephens" works, and is original, I actually like the name "Ezekiel Jackson." Gotta wonder if "Ezekiel Jackson" is a reference to Samuel L. Jackson and his glorious recital of Ezekiel 25:17 in Pulp Fiction. If his name is a reference, then color me a vibrant shade of impressed. ;)[/QUOTE]

It might just be. During his time on Smackdown with The Brian Kendrick, TBK would use quotes from Samuel L. Jackson's character in that movie during his promos.

diva19.gif

God dammit, Fail Kim. :lol:

In other news, Raw did a 3.1 last night! Time to dance!

2sbx1jt.jpg

It took me a day before I realized he was doing the Rikishi dance.

I have hopes for Ezekiel Jackson getting pushed because of his size, but don't think he speaks jive enough for Vince to believe him as a black man.

I had to chuckle at Vickie getting the whole bucket thrown at her. I wonder if somebody told Gail to do that.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I had to chuckle at Vickie getting the whole bucket thrown at her. I wonder if somebody told Gail to do that.[/QUOTE]
Eddie, from the grave?... and... or... chavo.

people don't post the figure four weekly newsletters on here...and i'm assuming it might be for the same reason we can't post links to "TVs" anymore...

but fuck it, this 1 paragraph from it sums up the entire huge shitload of words he always writes...

It is no secret that I'm not a fan of Impact. I think it is largely a terrible pro-wrestling show. Obviously there are a lot of people who disagree with me. In fact, I can give you a number, approximately 1.5 million people in the United States. This is pretty much TNA's base audience on Thursday nights at 9 p.m. These people are going to watch Impact no matter how good or bad the show is. A small number of them will tune out if there is very strong competition on another channel, but in general, these are the super hardcore TNA viewers. I can tell you from experience that they are very passionate fans, and they get very upset if you tell them that Impact sucks. I can also tell you that as passionate as they are about TNA, they aren't passionate enough to spend money on the product to anything resembling what would be required for TNA to be profitable.

What the fuck else has to be typed about TNA and their fanbase?!?!?

As annoying as Cole is on Raw, he is just pure gold on NXT. So they're having a limbo contest and he delivers this line:

"This is very symbolic of this show, how low can you go?"

:rofl:

[quote name='TheRock88']Details about the WCW arena in SvR 11 was released.

[/QUOTE]

OK.. it just says
Nitro
arena.. it doesn't say 90's..

/edit: His next tweet said
90's
:whee::whee::whee:

Shawn's alternate attire:
White w/ red hearts he wore at WM8 in the match against El Matador :whee:

[quote name='diddy310']I have hopes for Ezekiel Jackson getting pushed because of his size, but don't think he speaks jive enough for Vince to believe him as a black man.[/QUOTE]

Vince is going to hold "Black Man" classes, and discuss the intricacies of Ebonics and jive.

[quote name='TheRock88']Details about the WCW arena in SvR 11 was released.

[/QUOTE]

Bad ass. That is what I hoped. :)

[quote name='mykevermin']Who writes the Figure 4 Weekly? Meltzer?[/QUOTE]

Bryan Alvarez, I do believe. Wrestling Observer (Dave Meltzer) merged websites with Figure Four Daily (Alvarez).

I once subscribed, but now just listen to the free shows. The have far more paid shows per week, but the free show is good enough. :)

[quote name='KaneRobot']Bret did make an appearance last night after the show was off TV to beat up Nexus or whatever. They taped it so it'll probably show up somewhere before long, if a fancam version isn't on Youtube already.

But MORE IMPORTANTLY, everyone STAND UP FOR WWE!!!

300x600.jpg

Yeah, ok.

A friend posted this on another board...[/QUOTE]

What your friend posted was actually pretty funny and that Stand up for WWE poster although not intentionally was funny as well.Jee they really expect their fans to be mindless sheep doing their bidding.Anyone that actually does those things are automatically might need to check into a mental health clinic.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It's natural to get defensive if you tell someone that something they like sucks. That's all I'm gonna say, though. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I don't think the show is "bad", per say. I just really think it can use a lot of improvement... a complete directional overhaul maybe.

Based on fivethirtyeight's estimates, she has exactly 0.5% greater chance of winning the election than Christine O'Donnell in Delaware. But that's enough about politics.

The podcast I'm listening to is ok. He's interviewing X-Pac, but previous episodes (from this summer at the latest) include Necro Butcher and CM Punk. I'm rather interested in hearing those.

Been listening to Colt's podcast since week 2. It's worth listening to. It's the only wrestling podcast I listen to regularly.

Necro's interview is fun. Mostly talks about working on The Wrestler. There are a few funny stories on the Punk one.

My dad won tickets to a TNA house show in Evansville, IN. He really wants to go but not alone. My brother refused to go with him, debating on if it's worth my drive down to go watch.

I swear going home to visit my folks is a double-edged sword: I get to see them, but at the asame time they're still living in 1996 with their dial-up connection.

I saw RAW, and it was a mixed bag. I liked all the stuff as far as the Cena and Nexus storyline goes, but the buildup towards the Bragging Rights match was hit or miss. Seeing big Zeek come back was a pleasant albeit lackluster surprise. I didn't see SD, so maybe someone can tell me why or how the fuck is Tyler Reks on Team Smackdown.

[quote name='JP']My dad won tickets to a TNA house show in Evansville, IN. He really wants to go but not alone. My brother refused to go with him, debating on if it's worth my drive down to go watch.[/QUOTE]

For all of the accuracy of people who slander their television product, TNA deserves a lot of praise for their house shows. I can't say from personal experience as I've never been, but rumor on the street is that they let their wrestlers have wrestling matches during house shows.

That's been their rep, but they've gotten some terrible reviews for recent ones. As long as you aren't treated to a Dreamer vs. Abyss MAIN EVENT, you'll probably be okay. Might even get a Beer Money vs. Guns match.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I didn't see SD, so maybe someone can tell me why or how the fuck is Tyler Reks on Team Smackdown.[/QUOTE]

For some random and horrible reason, they decided to have him debut on Smackdown this past week and take Kaval's spot. Kaval, to be fair, had a five minute match with the Big Show just before accepting Reks' challenge. But it still comes down to the fact that Kaval even jobs to Tyler Reks.

He does have a cool new look though and is decent in the ring. It just made no sense to have him show up out of nowhere and get a spot on Team Smackdown.

[quote name='JP']My dad won tickets to a TNA house show in Evansville, IN. He really wants to go but not alone. My brother refused to go with him, debating on if it's worth my drive down to go watch.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of being "that guy" if it isn't a long drive, go. If for no other reason than to see your pops.

[quote name='cdubb1605']At the risk of being "that guy" if it isn't a long drive, go. If for no other reason than to see your pops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm with him. Go spend time with your Dad and watch some wrestling.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Yeah I'm with him. Go spend time with your Dad and listen to an hour of talking.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='cdubb1605']At the risk of being "that guy" if it isn't a long drive, go. If for no other reason than to see your pops.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm leaning towards but it's pretty much in an awkward timing. It's 4 hours away, it's the first night of my week long after hours on-call schedule, and the day of a very important division meeting that is scheduled where I wouldn't be able to make it to Evansville in time if I actually attend the meeting. I'm not beyond telling the company to go fuck themselves, I hate that place and want to get out of there.

I've been to 2 TNA house shows.. pretty fun, get to meet a lot of the wrestlers. 1st mainevent was AJ vs. Pope, 2nd show was Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss monsters ball match.

- Eric Bischoff is on thin ice politically in TNA. He's sticking around as an on-screen character for sure, but his power has shrunk. And even Dixie is beginning to see through him. One issue was that when the 1.4 rating first came in, someone told Dixie flat out what the pattern would be (ratings going down throughout the show) and they turned out to be spot on. Bischoff found out about this and was greatly annoyed. He's got a lot of personal heat too, which even Russo and Hogan don't have (just professional in Russo's case). Also, what we're seeing now is what Bischoff intended for WCW 2001 when he bought it, before Kellner scuppered his plans.

- They told talent the $15,000 figure for the Jersey Shore girl wasn't real, but not many bought it, especially since it's well known her and the rest of the cast's asking price for appearances is $15,000.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

:whistle2:k

jwoww got 15k to show up on a random tv show???

....i bet she wishes she could start a feud then....imagine the double taped days!!! 30k for probably 15 mins of action...

15,000 per appearance? God bless those Jersey kids for riding their 15 min of fame for all it's worth.

I can't shake this feeling that Wade's walking out the WWE Champ after Cena (reluctantly) helps him.

I also can't help but shake this feeling that I really don't care about WWE or TNA anymore. Might try to give ROH another shot, but "Sports Entertainment" just isn't catching my attention like it used to.

I don't think they'll put the belt on Barrett yet. Cena will probably 'screw' Barrett over or Husky/Hennig (I refuse to call him McGilliwhatever) interfere and Cena goes after them, or something...

So is Mike Knox in the new SvR 11 or not? I just watched a vid showing all the finishers in the game, and there at the end is burly ol' Mike Knox. I didn't think he made the roster, since he was released AWHILE ago.

bread's done
Back