The "10/14/10 - The Worst Hour Of Impact, No, Wrestling Ever" Wrestling Thread

[quote name='Chase']It'll be Ice Train and Aldo Montoya.

I mean, what's cooler than wearing a jockstrap on your face?[/QUOTE]

For no reason whatsoever Ice Train popped in my head earlier today and now this. It's an omen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz_fm3pYITs

:rofl:

fuck you. You're a billion dollar company. Stand up for me: lower your PPV prices and give us a compelling product. Why's it always gotta be about you, WWE? You're like a bad girlfriend, man. Always taking, taking, taking.

EDIT: I hope that the news channels will point out his inconsistency on this particular issue. I have video footage of McMahon previously telling people he wanted them to "Stand back," yet now he wants them to "Stand up." It's this kind of flip-flopping that shouldn't be allowed in Washington DC.

Check out this archive footage of Vince's hypocrisy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCqF5xXIrgk

[quote name='mykevermin']Grandmaster Sexay and Scotty II Hotty?[/QUOTE]I'd mark out for them. :whistle2:#

[quote name='mykevermin']:rofl:

fuck you. You're a billion dollar company. Stand up for me: lower your PPV prices and give us a compelling product. Why's it always gotta be about you, WWE? You're like a bad girlfriend, man. Always taking, taking, taking.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. I'm sure at one point, WWE sided with Bart Simpson during this conversation between him and Comic Book Guy.

Comic Book Guy: "Last night's episode of 'Itchy & Scratchy' was, without a doubt, the worst episode EVER. Rest assured that I was on the internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world."
Bart: "I know it wasn't great, but what right do you have to complain?"
CBG: "As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me."
Bart: "They owe you? They've given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them.
CBG: ...Worst. Episode. Ever.

The main difference is that that shit ain't free if it's a PPV.

Apparently
RVD
and
Steamboat
are the last two legends in SvR 2011.

img0064v.jpg

Picture showing them, put it as a spoiler 'cause it's a bit big.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crr_1119']Apparently ___ and _____ are the last two legends in SvR 2011.

Pic of _____, it's a bit big so I put it as a spoiler. You can also see _____ there next to Mysterio.[/QUOTE]

Yup, here's
Steamboat

img0066vk.jpg

Some guy already has the game and has been posting this stuff over at gamefaqs. He's also said you can unlock Undertaker's ministry outfit via fan access dlc, so it will be interesting to see if Orton's alternate outfits and Hart is also available.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']...well, thanks for spoiling it, guys.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. My bad..I didn't think it was that big of a deal since everyone knows all the other legends in the game anyway. I put more spoilers in my post to keep them hidden for those who don't want to know yet then. Hopefully TheRock88 catches this soon lol. Sorry again man.

- According to a report on f4wonline.com, newly called-up WWE wrestlers as well as lower-card wrestlers are required to attend a weekly "promo class" directed by Vince McMahon where he instructs them on how to conduct promos. One person noted that the instruction varies from week-to-week as McMahon cannot make up his mind on what he wants.

- The official WWE website is promoting former WWE Superstar Batista's appearance on NBC's action-comedy series Chuck this Monday at 8/7 CT.

- The Great Khali was introduced Saturday as a contestant on the reality television show Bigg Boss, which is the Indian version of Big Brother. During an interview with rediff.com, the WWE Superstar explained why he took up the offer to appear on the program.

"I took it up because my wife wanted me to participate in the show," he said. "Plus, people have always known me as a wrestler or an actor, not as a person. Through this show, I will reach out to my fans and they will know me as I am."

He also stated he will miss his family while he's away.

"I will miss my wife; I am so used to her being around. She manages my work and everything. So I will miss her every moment. Plus, my parents and friends, as they have been always there with me," he said.

- Walmart will be releasing an exclusive WWE DVD in a two-pack with Knucklehead starring Big Show. “WWE’s Biggest Knuckleheads” will be a one-disc release and will be available only with Knucklehead at Walmart stores.

The preview reads like this: “Includes some of the WWE’s biggest superstar bloopers and mishaps.”
"Promo class?" Oh, Vince.

Davey Richards vs Tyler Black is tonight's main event on ROH. Gonna be a great main event.

Edit: Oh snap... ROH this week is going to be just Richards vs Black. Awesome. Plenty of time for this to be a MOTY candidate at the very least.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']R-Truth's picture in that character select...:rofl:[/QUOTE]

That picture of R-Truth really makes me once again believe there is some level of racism in WWE. I mean seriously.. all you can see are his teeth and eyes....

http://www.wwe.com/inside/top25/top25talkers/

Top 25 talkers in wrestling history.

This list sucks so much ass.

25. Sheamus
24. Rick Rude
23. Santino Marella
22. The Million Dollar Man
21. The Miz
20. Jesse Ventura
19. Triple H
18. Paul Heyman
17. Edge
16. Mr. McMahon
15. Superstar Billy Graham
14. Mick Foley
13. Hulk Hogan
12. CM Punk
11. Randy Savage
10. JBL
9. Bobby Heenan
8. Dusty Rhodes
7. John Cena
6. Jake Roberts
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. The Rock
2. Roddy Piper
1. Steve Austin

I could really do without Bragging Rights. Survivor Series was made for this kind of thing.

Plus the set is just the boring weekly one and it ruins a PPV for me if the stage isn't awesome.

Sign in the crowd says "best Raw in 13 years." Shut up, Canada.

^ Same here. Very awesome that those were added.

[quote name='cdubb1605']so......? is r-truth off team raw?[/QUOTE]

Nah. He's just not allowed in Canada for being a felon. King mentioned that he is still in fact on Team RAW though.

Wade's finisher makes the Attitude Adjustment look like a top rope powerbomb. My grandma would get up and walk away from that weak-ass crap.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Wade's finisher makes the Attitude Adjustment look like a top rope powerbomb. My grandma would get up and walk away from that weak-ass crap.[/QUOTE]Blowtunga's Spinebuster couldn't hold the jock strap of Arn Anderson's Spinebuster.

[quote name='Scorch']Typed in "WCW Nitro Part" on Youtube and found a TON of old Nitros, broken into parts, from like.. 1995-2001. There goes my Sunday.

ooh, this guy is selling complete years of Nitro and Raw..[/QUOTE]

im shocked the wwe hasnt sue them... dont know how they can be selling copyrighted stuff

I guess I'm the only one who's excited to see Ezekiel Jackson back? I think he's a solid big man. His entrance theme couldn't be more bland, however. And I still think that the WWE naming system is willfully ignorant of his plenty-unique-yet-tough legal name (Rycklon Stephens) in favor of something generic yet "black" (probably the same braintrust what brought us "Ahmed Johnson").

But I'll be damned if WWE didn't just blow their wad with his return, just trotting him out with zero buildup. He was never really over with any bulk of the crowd (the man was ECW champion as the highlight of his career, meaning that nobody knows who he is), but Miz just brought him out like he'd never been gone before. WWE so often doesn't use injury rehab as a means of promoting or pushing talent unless it's people who are already over (OMG Triple H is getting a tendon reattached for the fifth time, let's go to footage of him in surgery and walking on crutches!).

It's nonsense to me, and I still can't get over WWF not using Chris Kanyon's I-almost-died-in-the-ICU-because-of-wrestling (not to be confused with the time he did die) injury as a means of bringing him back into the TV fold, opting instead for him to play ragdoll to the Undertaker while dressed up and playing "Boy George." Now, I understand that if you do it all the time, it diminishes the sympathy you can garner for talent (i.e., if they show someone going under the knife every week, it loses its significance to the crowd). But there's no need to reserve it for the top of the card; it's a cheap, easy, and realistic way to get the crowd behind the return of talent they may otherwise have zero interest in.

Take, for instance, the crowd reaction to Ezekiel Jackson being reintroduced. Those few who knew him were looking for the venders who were selling cotton candy, and the rest were headed for the restrooms and merchandise. That shouldn't be the case. WWE should know how to promote talent, but their selective memory is appalling. How is it that Creative™ so often can't "find anything" for midcard guys, but always finds some halfway-shitty story for the top of the card?

(stream of consciousness rant, yes, I know).

I marked for Ezekiel being back. Been a fan of his since his thing with The Brian Kendrick, I've been waiting for him to return for months. But yea, they did a horrible job in his return. Didn't build it up in the slightest. Couldn't even have him as the last Team RAW member to make his entrance.

That stupid little self-fellating "this is what WWE is REALLY about" video they just played is going to make Linda's crushing defeat so much better.

That video is also a reminder to all the marks who think that TV-PG is going to just disappear if Linda loses. Something tells me the WWE is going to stick with TV-PG for a long time.

[quote name='crr_1119']I marked for Ezekiel being back. Been a fan of his since his thing with The Brian Kendrick, I've been waiting for him to return for months. But yea, they did a horrible job in his return. Didn't build it up in the slightest. Couldn't even have him as the last Team RAW member to make his entrance.[/QUOTE]

Awwww, man. Thee Brian Kendrick. When WWE pushes a cruiserweight flippy-floppy wrestler better than you, it's time to re-examine your creative structure from the top-down.

[quote name='KaneRobot']That stupid little self-fellating "this is what WWE is REALLY about" video they just played is going to make Linda's crushing defeat so much better.[/QUOTE]

Two more weeks, she's currently polling like 12% down from Blumenthal. It's gonna be *awesome*.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That video is also a reminder to all the marks who think that TV-PG is going to just disappear if Linda loses. Something tells me the WWE is going to stick with TV-PG for a long time.[/QUOTE]

You're out of your mind. WWE is doing a LOT of posturing for Linda's campaign, and to parry attacks against it. Once the campaign is over, the politicians will stop caring about the major concerns about the wrestling industry that they should examine (e.g., the independent contractor vs. employee legal wrangle), WWE will go back to PG-13, and Richard Blumenthal will be a completely uninspired Senator. Which is better than some dumbfuck Republican.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Choking someone with a tie gets you fired, but burying someone underground, in their "final resting place," is totally PG.[/QUOTE]

Ties dont have secret trap doors that lead backstage.

[quote name='mykevermin']You're out of your mind. WWE is doing a LOT of posturing for Linda's campaign, and to parry attacks against it. Once the campaign is over, the politicians will stop caring about the major concerns about the wrestling industry that they should examine (e.g., the independent contractor vs. employee legal wrangle), WWE will go back to PG-13, and Richard Blumenthal will be a completely uninspired Senator. Which is better than some dumbfuck Republican.[/QUOTE]

That is a good point myke. Of course even I know TV-PG is for Linda's campaign. But we'll have to see on if the WWE will pull the trigger on going back to TV-14 or will stick to TV-PG after Linda loses. Like I said I don't think the WWE will go to TV-14 for now since they seem fully intent on stick with TV-PG for now given they are drawing well with families and kids.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Not really my point at all, but sure.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm thinking that maybe its OK because you see someone chocking to death with a tie, not with the other. To the audience it's just the end of the match. That sortta thinking is the only thing I can think of off hand that would explain it.

Was Tyler Reks eliminated twice during that Battle Royale? Haha, I could've sworn he tumbled out of the ring at the beginning of the match, yet was back in later.

I actually like this latest John Cena/NXT storyline. Artificially insert a guy into a faction he doesn't want to be in? Let hilarity ensue? It works for me. TNA should totally copy the idea and have some random face (are there any left besides Joe?) reluctantly join one of the 10 heel groups they have now.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That is a good point myke. Of course even I know TV-PG is for Linda's campaign. But we'll have to see on if the WWE will pull the trigger on going back to TV-14 or will stick to TV-PG after Linda loses. Like I said I don't think the WWE will go to TV-14 for now since they seem fully intent on stick with TV-PG for now given they are drawing well with families and kids.[/QUOTE]

Ah, TV-14, that's right. I thought "PG-13" looked odd (despite the reference to Wolfie D and JC Ice made earlier in the day by somebody brilliant).

I don't know if I buy the "draw" argument, though. Revenue streams are down, attendance is down, ratings have declined such that WWE is getting the occasional rating below 3.0 (also, if someone knows this, can you confirm that WCW Nitro was getting 2.0-2.5s about the time they were cancelled by Time Warner?). I don't buy their growth claims at all, because there's nothing empirical to back it up with. What they are saying is mere words; if I were a potential investor in WWE (and I know better than to do such a thing if I had the discretionary income in the first place), I'd ask for evidence that their revenue streams are either diversifying and increasing or simply increasing. I'd look at WWE Films and run for the hills, honestly. Legendary was a massive flop, and Knucklehead will gross $350K this weekend (my guess) and head straight for DVD, staying in the red the whole bloody way, no pun intended.

If I were running WWE, I'd drop the number of PPVs to 7-10, and drop the price to $39.95 (save WM at $49.95). I think that's a better strategy to increase PPV sales, though that's potentially at the risk of harming live gate revenues for PPVs.

bread's done
Back