The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown should be suspended. Still, the following play had me rewatching many times. The goal, Phoenix still upset, Smith trying to slash Richards and the refs getting an earful. Lot of stuff happening at once. Intense handshake too and Brown deserved a little something more than "good series". I'm hoping the Rangers push the series to 7. Maybe Gaborik gets the game winner on a bad D to D pass and skates in alone. Eh, it doesn't matter. I'd just like to see a Rangers/Kings final.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Well that fell apart fast. lol.[/QUOTE]
If you're referring to me, there wasn't even a hearing, and everyone who isn't a fan think you're just being sour grapes for losing, so what's the point?

[quote name='DestroVega']Yup. A slip by me. But they have a prospective buyer from Quebec that would move the team there.[/QUOTE]
They need the new arena built before the NHL will ever consider giving Quebec a team.

Go Devils!

NJ.jpg

[quote name='Bezerker']Go Devils!

[/QUOTE]

People always joke about how if California had an earthquake and floated out to sea, the rest of America would celebrate. I feel that way about New Jersey.

Here's hoping the Kings sweep in 4 and send the fairweather fans back to the cesspools of Newark, Jersey City, AC.

Redman-580x326.jpg

fucking NBC...

Games 3 and 4 are on the cable channel. I can see 1 and 2, but seriously 3 and 4 when it's potential desperation time for a team behind 0-2 or 0-3? If you're trying to make hockey viable, at least show the most exciting games on your broadcast channel!

That whole game was ugly except for that gorgeous breakaway goal. Devils should have won 4-1. Not only can't they put it in on virtual open nets, their only goal is off a Kings defender. Let's hope the rest of the series is better.

I remember seeing one first period that LA got lucky with. The puck should have went in but yet again Quick and the rest of LA got lucky. Quick has been doing a hell of a job in the playoffs. Like I have said in the past if it gets by Quick then some how his/LA's luck keeps it from going it or LA gets a goal to void the one that was made against them.

I don't care who wins, since both teams deserve it, especially the 8th seed Kings. But it would also be quite a story if Brodeur wins.

[quote name='VipFREAK']No NHL 13 thread eh...??

You guys see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge2LfVdMdvU[/QUOTE]

I'm really tempted to pick this up but I just can't seem to get into a sports game at all. I just don't like the fact that I would have to buy a new one every year to stay current however the same could be said with shooters of all types and fighting games.

[quote name='speedracer']Kings are exactly the kind of team you don't want in the playoffs. A goalie that can win games by himself and is playing out of his mind, a defense that can take chances because of the steller keeper play, and forwards that can get it done.[/QUOTE]
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

The Devils have to be crushed. They made no mistakes yesterday and still lost.

Did anyone check quick for a puck repellent device? Nothing gets behind him. It's not realistic. lol

[quote name='sendme']I'm really tempted to pick this up but I just can't seem to get into a sports game at all. I just don't like the fact that I would have to buy a new one every year to stay current however the same could be said with shooters of all types and fighting games.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with you, but I believe it's worth it. I have 09 - 12 and have played the shit out of them all. Even with all these new games coming out I keep going back and playing 12 (currently). I think it's worth it and the changes they make are generally enough to be worth it from the games I've got so far. Otherwise yeah, not worth getting into. I think 13 will be a mistake to miss out on though. They have will have opened up so much of the hockey world virtually. On the shooter side the only one I'll keep recurring buy is the Tom Clancy shit. I'm a whore for that shit. ugh...

[quote name='speedracer']Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

The Devils have to be crushed. They made no mistakes yesterday and still lost.[/QUOTE]

The crazy part is that the Kings are up 2-0 but have yet to bring their "A" game.

Good to know about 12 maybe I will pick it up. A buddy of mine has told me to a few times. I do plan on getting 13.

As for the Kings no they have not been playing as good as they were. Still good enough to win but not as good as they were. I was expecting more out of this series. Maybe tomorrows game I will be able to watch all of. I fell asleep during the last one after working 12 hours.

I will keep that in mind. I don't see me having time to play it as of now anyway with all the overtime hours at work, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3 and a friend and I are going to be trying to brew our own beer. If I can find 12 for around 15 I might pick it up if I see me having more time but 13 comes out in what 3 or 4 months?

I think Amazon.com has it as 9/11 when it comes out so I can hold out for 3 months. With everything they are doing with 13 that does seem like the one to pick up if one was to start playing them.

Someone should tell the Devils that 2 goals (one off a defender) in 3 games leaves you with a low percentage chance to win a series.

Could be because I'm bitter about them sending the Blues packing or that I don't really care for some of the players but I really hope the Devils pull an upset and win the cup. I do think Quick deserves to win the cup so he is why I would like to see them win it. Quick has been doing a hell of a job in the playoffs.

That was a hard last ten minutes of the game to watch last night. I actually felt sorry for the Devils...

well crumbs, I thought game 4 was tomorrow. I've got to take my pup to an obedience class tonight from 8-9pm CST. Hopefully I'll get home to catch the last ten minutes or so. Better yet, 0-0 heading into the 1st of 3 OTs!

Looking forward to another shutout tonight. On the other hand, I would be disappointed to see NJ go out like that.

Brodeur's announcement will come in the next 4-6 weeks.

Been a Simon Gagné fan since he was with les Remparts de Québec. I want to see him lift the Cup more than anyone since Raymond Bourque did.

If the Devils keep playing like that they might win this in game 7. That was one hell of a game last night. I knew at the start of the game it was going to be a low scoring game. At the start of the 3rd I thought the team that would win the game would be the first one to score.

After just getting back into watching hockey back in November out of all the times I have seen a team pull the goaltender I think I have seen it work once. All the other times I see a goal made on an empty net. When I seen them pull Quick I knew the outcome already.

The Devils don't have a chance in hell. (bazinga) it's not possible Quick doesn't win one of three games by himself.

[quote name='speedracer']wat[/QUOTE]

In a best of 7 scenario, if a team is down 3 games to none, they have to go all the way to game 7 to win

As much as I want the Devils to win, that game 3 broke my spirit. First two were O/T wins so they were obviously close. 3rd one was a raping. Devils got a little payback but I'm having flashbacks of a couple weeks ago when it was the Coyotes who lost it in game 5 as well.

Queens... Lost again? lol. They did that intentionally to win the cup at home right? Were not witnessing the biggest epic choking going on are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back