The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shieryda']New Jersey wins game 5, and moves on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think that's almost an inevitability, or at least as much of one as you can have in these wacky playoffs.

In other news, Caps or Rangers tonight?

Let's go Caps!

[quote name='drktrpr1']Yeah I think that's almost an inevitability, or at least as much of one as you can have in these wacky playoffs.

In other news, Caps or Rangers tonight?

Let's go Caps![/QUOTE]

OT, anyways.

[quote name='KingBroly']Fixed that for ya.[/QUOTE]

Lol. My Orioles just played a 17-inning game, which was the baseball equivalent of that triple overtime heartbreaker we played in last week. I don't know if I have the heart for another one!

I don't think there's any such thing as a baseball equivalent of triple OT in hockey unless they played for 24 hours straight.

That game looked absolutely brutal. Caps/Rangers that is.

Shanahan is a joke. I guess Giroux isn't a big a star as Webber. It's too bad Giroux didn't/won't/can't tell him to go fuck himself with his bullshit inconsistent suspensions.

I'll tell ya, Phoenix is just a team of destiny right now. Nashville is outplaying them...outshooting them...has more time on attack...and it just doesn't mean shit, lol. The Preds are hitting posts, having rebounds bounce over sticks, getting open net shots blocked by diving defenders. It's crazy. I have to give credit to the Coyotes though. The defense in front of Smith is great.

Smith is a monster. Tampa was stupid to ever get rid of him, but the Tampa D was also horrible. We all know whats coming if The Coyotes win right? Calling out VipFreak so he can eat some crow. Hell, I'm digging out my retro jersey. I hope they destroy LA.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It's that damn Hanzal! He is so hot right now! (Mugatu voice)[/QUOTE]

If only the Predators could turn left

EDIT - SEE! David Legwand turned left and found Colin Wilson in the slot, lol. 5 minutes to score one more...eeeeeee

Last edited by a moderator:
Smith with the long bomb! So damn close.

So, where is VipFreak now? I seem to recall him saying "Smith over Rinnie? Uh no...lol"

As they say Nate, Dogs Rule and well Cats drool.

shrug.gif
I already explained myself a long time ago...

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Smith with the long bomb! So damn close.

So, where is VipFreak now? I seem to recall him saying "Smith over Rinnie? Uh no...lol"

As they say Nate, Dogs Rule and well Cats drool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but weren't you pulling for the Blues? lol

I was I was. But after the sweep, I dug out my retro JR jersey. I also put on my Smith Lightning Jersey and somehow it burst into flames!

Damn winning feels good! You don't get that too often with Arizona sports. :lol:

I'm happy just to see them get this far, but how amazing would it be if they end up winning the Cup? I'm getting too far ahead of myself though, this Coyotes/Kings series is just going to be insane.

That should be a good one. I see the kings winning it. I hope I'm wrong and Coyotes can sweep them.

[quote name='ratzombie']Damn winning feels good! You don't get that too often with Arizona sports. :lol:

I'm happy just to see them get this far, but how amazing would it be if they end up winning the Cup? I'm getting too far ahead of myself though, this Coyotes/Kings series is just going to be insane.[/QUOTE]
Why hello Yukine. We meet again in a sports thread.

Meh to the Coyotes. Kings in 5.

I actually see the Coyotes winning that series too. Why? Because the Kings were so good against the Blues, it only makes sense that they fall apart in the next round. Isn't that how sports works? lol

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']?[/QUOTE]

Surely you're familiar with the goalie curse.

Bryz had no idea what he was getting himself into coming here (nor did Holmgren when he signed Bryz, evidently).

Sure, he's the only Flyer who played with any intensity in this series - but he made some tremendously huge mistakes as well, and didn't play up to playoff standards.

Time to add to the defense (by getting a defense) in the offseason to help cover up Bryz's significant weak spots. Get rid of Carle, Kubina, Jagr, possibly JVR, keep Mezsaros and Grossmann. Build the defense up so you don't have to rely on a high GA to cover up for a similarly high GAA.

[quote name='mykevermin']Surely you're familiar with the goalie curse.

Bryz had no idea what he was getting himself into coming here (nor did Holmgren when he signed Bryz, evidently).

Sure, he's the only Flyer who played with any intensity in this series - but he made some tremendously huge mistakes as well, and didn't play up to playoff standards.

Time to add to the defense (by getting a defense) in the offseason to help cover up Bryz's significant weak spots. Get rid of Carle, Kubina, Jagr, possibly JVR, keep Mezsaros and Grossmann. Build the defense up so you don't have to rely on a high GA to cover up for a similarly high GAA.[/QUOTE]

I am familiar with the idea, but I think it's just an easy storyline for lazy sportswriters.

Gotta say, I did not expect my Devils to do much against the Flyer team that took out the Pens the way they did... Thank god that team decided to go home, and stay home for this series! Bring on either the Rangers, or the Caps! (looking forward to a Rangers series if possible)

Oh I didn't even notice till you brought it up. Kind of a dick move after he was starting to celebrate with his teammates. Whatever. I'd like a Rangers/Devils series so make it happen NY.

Wow, I didn't realize that Bryz goal was so awful. He basically chipped it to the Devils player, who didn't even have to aim it (or make much of a motion at all) to squirt it in there...

[quote name='drktrpr1']Wow, I didn't realize that Bryz goal was so awful. He basically chipped it to the Devils player, who didn't even have to aim it (or make much of a motion at all) to squirt it in there...[/QUOTE]

If it had gone off of Clarkson's skate, it probably would have been disallowed. But then again, there was no "distinct kicking motion".

It was strange to hear how quite the place was after the final horn sounded. You could hear the Devils players yelling in jubilation, but otherwise the place was virtually silent.

I really don't like Rinaldo, but he seemed to have played a disciplined game.

[quote name='KingBroly']I can't stand this shit. It's enough to drive you crazy.

Game 7

Saturday Night

One Night Only[/QUOTE]

Double overtime guaranteed.

[quote name='mykevermin']Time to add to the defense (by getting a defense) in the offseason to help cover up Bryz's significant weak spots. Get rid of Carle, Kubina, Jagr, possibly JVR, keep Mezsaros and Grossmann. Build the defense up so you don't have to rely on a high GA to cover up for a similarly high GAA.[/QUOTE]
Get rid of Pronger for someone that stays healthy.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Get rid of Pronger for someone that stays healthy.[/QUOTE]

I concur. He should just retire already.

hmmm, I wonder what kind of DV-I is on a 17" G4 Powerbook. I need to get an adapter so I can watch this on my TV.

^ I hate to say it, but you're right. Caps DOMINATED last night, but momentum has meant nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a team winning a game in the series has always gone on to lose the next game.

[quote name='shieryda']I concur. He should just retire already.[/QUOTE]

No.

That means the Flyers would be stuck with a 6 million dollar cap hit until the end of his contract, he has a 35+ contract and that's in the CBA.

They're cap strapped as it is, they don't need a 6 million dollar void there.

What he can do , every year is ATTEMPT to come back and stay on LTIR, kinda like with Rathje, they still have the space, BUT if he comes back, they'll have to move space in order to put him back on the roster.

The Cap is a fickle bitch, or at least they have piss poor management of it.

[quote name='shieryda']I concur. He should just retire already.[/QUOTE]

Oh, just to be clear, I'm fully expecting that to happen. His concussion became "out for the season, potentially back for the playoffs." That changed within 1-2 weeks to "out for the season." and even that, at least in Philly, eventually was replaced by the knowledge that his career was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back