The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='VipFREAK']Looked even to me for the most part in the 1st (from what I remember).[/QUOTE]

The Blues dominated the first 10 minutes of the game and Quick kept the Kings in the game. After that, the rest of the team settled down and played a solid game. It certainly helped that Pietrangelo never came back after getting checked into the boards.

[quote name='emg28'] It certainly helped that Pietrangelo never came back after getting checked into the boards.[/QUOTE]

That was a fucking bullshit call, and the league should be looking at that hit, too. Yes, there was a penalty, but it wasn't severe enough.

Please. It was a straight up board. He didn't leave his feet. He didn't even square up on him. It's a bummer Pietrangelo looks hurt, but that was about the least malicious boarding penalty ever. King's hand is the first thing to touch him. I mean seriously, c'mon. A major on that?

It's not even a penalty if Pietrangelo is doing anything other than standing between King and the puck. If he's moving, he absorbs the hit. If he's not near the boards, we're not even talking about it.

The league has already announced that the hit isn't something they're interested in.

[quote name='speedracer']Please. It was a straight up board. He didn't leave his feet. He didn't even square up on him. It's a bummer Pietrangelo looks hurt, but that was about the least malicious boarding penalty ever. King's hand is the first thing to touch him. I mean seriously, c'mon. A major on that?

It's not even a penalty if Pietrangelo is doing anything other than standing between King and the puck. If he's moving, he absorbs the hit. If he's not near the boards, we're not even talking about it.

The league has already announced that the hit isn't something they're interested in.[/QUOTE]

King pushed him FROM BEHIND, causing him to smash his face into the board. No league review is par for the course in the last couple weeks. Oh well, to each his own, I guess. Beg to differ, and whatnot.

Great article about this year's playoffs written last week, but it's still relevant, all things considered... http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/24841/nothing-makes-sense-in-the-nhl-playoffs

Best quote: "The best goalie always wins, but we have no idea who the best goalie will be until the series is over and we know who won."

In other news, I really hope the Caps can get up for the game tonight... I didn't see the game on Saturday (had to listen via radio), but it sounded like they just came out flat.

Looks like Pietrangelo playing tonight may still be up in the air. I read something today that looks like it was posted after practice yesterday he may or may not play. It will be taken day by day.

[quote name='confoosious']The Kings can't be this good.[/QUOTE]

I'm chomping at the bit to see Kings vs Coyotes in the Western Finals. See which of those two goalies folds.

The Blues started off REALLY badly tonight. I think they'll pick things up, but I don't see them winning 2 out in LA the rest of the series.

That game wasn't really the Kings being good. It was the Blues deciding to not come out of the locker room for the first 20 minutes. In periods 2 + 3, the Kings only had 5 combined shots on goal. FIVE.

[quote name='KingBroly'] In periods 2 + 3, the Kings only had 5 combined shots on goal. FIVE.[/QUOTE]
Come on. I'm pretty sure the fact that they were up by 4 goals might've had something to do with the low shot count.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yay Caps!

What happened, Blues?[/QUOTE]

Like someone said at the game, they forgot how to play hockey. Hell after last night I don't even think the Blues want the damn cup. I see them out now in 4 games. I hate to say that but the way the have played the last 2 games is why I do. I really don't even think they mentally left the locker room.

(Responding to this from the wrestling thread)

[quote name='mykevermin']Poor Scorch can't use the NHL playoffs as an excuse to not watch wrestling for awhile.

(what happened w/ Pekka, man? he's not the monster he was in the first round.)[/quote]

I wish I knew. What was the last game? That wasn't the Predators. I don't know if it's because they don't have home ice advantage or what. I kind of want to chalk it up to the fact that because they finished the first round so quick, they got to rest a while and got lazy. They should've warmed up by game 2, though. We'll see how things go when they play at home tomorrow tonight. Hopefully they spend the rest of the day practicing. There's still time to turn it around.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Preds losing Radulov and Kostitsyn for violating team rules. Looks like another Smith over Rinne.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they went out and got completely shitfaced on Saturday night and were hung over for Game 2. fucking idiots. Good to know where their priorities are...especially Radulov, who has always been a selfish prick.

[quote name='KingBroly']That...that was a pretty embarassing game by the Flyers.[/QUOTE]

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

I'm pretty sure the team was locked in their houses and they just grabbed random dudes from Xfinity Live to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back