The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broly, Blues won't play the Kings since it gets reseeded again. IIRC

Teams that haven't been around forever is what I meant. (Also, a little drunk, so yeah I could be way off. Lol)

[quote name='KingBroly']Caps are going to lose Game 7 now.[/QUOTE]

Disappointed... :\

[quote name='KingBroly']Queens win
Queens win
Queens win[/QUOTE]

Fixed! and... YAY!!!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Broly, Blues won't play the Kings since it gets reseeded again. IIRC[/QUOTE]
That's exactly why the Kings will play the Blues. The Kings are the 8th seed while the Blues are the 2nd.

Historically, the 8th seed doesn't do so well in the second round after upsetting the 1st seed. Hopefully, the Kings can be the exception.

Kings are exactly the kind of team you don't want in the playoffs. A goalie that can win games by himself and is playing out of his mind, a defense that can take chances because of the steller keeper play, and forwards that can get it done.

That breakaway save by Quick near the end of the 2nd was the save of the year. That guy is insane right now. If he gives that one up, this series isn't over.

Adios nucks.

[quote name='sendme']I hope the blues can make quick work of the kings.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's what most Vancouver fans were thinking two weeks ago.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']I was out of town for detroits last two games. We're they bad or was Rinne the main problem? Also I'm starting to think my picks will be possibly half wrong at least. Chicago lay off and Timmy Thomas show why you were a Stanley cup champ. Lastly, I am totally fine with Raffi getting a playoff ban. Should hopefully curb the cheap shots in round 2.[/QUOTE]

The only game Detroit was truly BAD in was game 5 (well, aside from Klein's goal in Game 4 that was immortalized in GIF form earlier in the thread...that was terrible). The ironic thing is that outside of Game 5, the team with the most shots lost every game. The only game Detroit managed to win, Rinne gave up 3 goals on 17 shots. But then he followed that up with back to back 40+ save performances, while Howard gave up 3 goals on 17 shots in Game 4. As close as the games were, it was an odd series. Nashville definitely looked like the hungrier team though, and Detroit just couldn't match their speed.

[quote name='speedracer']Kings are exactly the kind of team you don't want in the playoffs. A goalie that can win games by himself and is playing out of his mind, a defense that can take chances because of the steller keeper play, and forwards that can get it done.

That breakaway save by Quick near the end of the 2nd was the save of the year. That guy is insane right now. If he gives that one up, this series isn't over.

Adios nucks.[/QUOTE]

Yuuuup. The Kings are going to be a real tough out for anyone.

As much as I would like to see the Blues get past them I don't see it happening. I stopped watching the Blues a long time ago and just got back into watching hockey this season. It would be nice to finally see them win the cup.

What I was getting at in my drunken stupor is that if the yotes win, it will be awesome cause all those West teams have never won a cup.

I still can't believe they awarded Ottawa that goal.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I still can't believe they awarded Ottawa that goal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Luckily, the Rangers didn't cost them the game/series. If it did.... NY probably still wouldn't care. :lol: Poor Rangers.

Well, if it makes you feel any better yotes don't stand a chance. I mean ok, sure Smith saved the Yotes arse, but win a game that actually puts out? NO CHANCE.

Chicago had 28 shots going into the third compared to Coyotes 8. I was amazed honestly. I know that Ottawa and Caps have not won a Stanley Cup either. So, what I meant to say was, besides Blues and Flyers (IF the Caps won and Ottawa wins), only two two teams have won the cup going into the Finals.

Chronis - See the Lund interview and him telling the refs "You fucking suck!" at the end of the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']I am not excited that it's going to be Predators and Coyotes[/QUOTE]

I think it's going to be a good series, it can really go either way I think. Rinne and Smith have been phenomenal.

In Smith I trust? Never thought I'd say that prior to this season. :lol:

Just looked up tickets for game 1 of round 2 with St. Louis and LA. For the same area that I was at for game 2 of round 1 the tickets are now 160. I'm holding out to see if the Blues make it to the cup and getting them. I know they will be more but worth it. Hell I looked up the Vegas odds and they are 4 to 1 for them to win the cup.

[quote name='sendme']Just looked up tickets for game 1 of round 2 with St. Louis and LA. For the same area that I was at for game 2 of round 1 the tickets are now 160. I'm holding out to see if the Blues make it to the cup and getting them. I know they will be more but worth it. Hell I looked up the Vegas odds and they are 4 to 1 for them to win the cup.[/QUOTE]

Holding out to see if the make the Finals? lol

[quote name='Demolition Man']Anti climatic ending.[/QUOTE]

Anti-climactic? You're out of your mind. That was awesome, though it would have been nice if the camera picked up the turnover.

[quote name='mykevermin']Anti-climactic? You're out of your mind. That was awesome, though it would have been nice if the camera picked up the turnover.[/QUOTE]

That was climatic as hell. Seven games, OT seventh game with the Caps closing it out? Awesome ending and I'm happy to see Joel Ward with the game winning goal.

Current Scenarios are:
#1: Rangers v. Capitals, Panthers v. Flyers
#2: Panthers v. Capitals, Flyers v. Senators
#3: Rangers v. Capitals, Flyers v. Devils

Interesting Notes tonight:
- This is the first time a Playoff Series has had 7 1-goal games
- The Capitals and Hershey Bears (Caps AHL affiliates) won their respective games at 2:57 into Overtime

[quote name='mykevermin']aaaaand, with the Caps winning, Flyers will avoid the Rangers in round 2 if they defeat Ottawa tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Flyers avoid the Rangers regardless in the second round since the Caps are the lowest seed.

[quote name='jello44']Flyers avoid the Rangers regardless in the second round since the Caps are the lowest seed.[/QUOTE]

If New York, Boston and Florida won, Philly would've faced New York in Round 2.

As a Caps fan, I don't want to face New Jersey or Ottawa.

Also:
jmwDP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jello44']Flyers avoid the Rangers regardless in the second round since the Caps are the lowest seed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant to say, but I worded it oddly. If they don't beat Ottawa, Flyers still won't face them in round 2.

;)

[quote name='KingBroly']If New York, Boston and Florida won, Philly would've faced New York in Round 2.

[/QUOTE]

I know, which is why I am happy that the Caps won tonight. ;)

[quote name='jello44']I know, which is why I am happy that the Caps won tonight. ;)[/QUOTE]

DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE!

I didn't watch a second of Game 7

[quote name='KingBroly']DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE!

I didn't watch a second of Game 7
[/QUOTE]

I only watched the OT, I had an audio feed on my phone while I was playing SMT : DDS1 . D:

Rangers are an odd team to me - I want to respect them because they're so amazing, but man, do I dislike Tortorella. About killed me a few weeks ago when I defended his comments about the Penguins.

Wow, I missed a potential matchup.

Apparently...
Flyers v. Senators and Devils v. Capitals

can happen. I doubt it'll happen though. It's too weird. Go Florida, Go New York.

CAPSSSSS!!

Boy, Joel Ward was pretty mediocre during the regular season, but came through BIG in game 7. Kind of a microcosm of the Caps season. We pretty muched limped into the plaoffs, but we're playing some DAMN good hockey.

That being said, kudos to Boston. They played a great series. I'm not even sure the best team won, but it doesn't matter now. Onto the next.

Also, Broly:
I hope you had a good reason for not watching! I met at a local Annapolis watering hole and coincedentally met up with a bunch of other Caps fans. A good time was had by all, but it was still heart-pounding.

[quote name='KingBroly']Current Scenarios are:
#1: Rangers v. Capitals, Panthers v. Flyers
#2: Panthers v. Capitals, Flyers v. Senators
#3: Rangers v. Capitals, Flyers v. Devils

Interesting Notes tonight:
- This is the first time a Playoff Series has had 7 1-goal games
- The Capitals and Hershey Bears (Caps AHL affiliates) won their respective games at 2:57 into Overtime[/QUOTE]

Hoping for #3

My reason
My heart can't take it (and no, I don't have a condition or anything like that). I've been there too many times where it was on the line and they blew it.

There was one time they didn't blow it though. My first ever in-person Playoff Game for the Capitals. Game #6, 1994 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. Versus the Pittsburgh Penguins. The game that put Mario Lemieux into retirement for the first time. Such a great moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back