The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I don't like that shirt near as much as the "Hulkamania" shirt.

I also don't like dignifying Crosby like that. Why not a "You Can't Beat Us" shirt?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Go Rinne![/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']Raffi Torres is trash.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VipFREAK']My playoff place holder team the Sharts... Same as every year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DestroVega']On that 6th goal, Fleury didn't seem to even be FOLLOWING the puck at all. It was puzzling to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I think Fleury is gonna pull it all together tonight. Wooooo Saaaaaahh

Sharks, I am sorry my friend, but the avalanche are my true team (canadians too) and they aren't even in the playoffs, so I guess you are better off than me.

Raffi Torres and a lot of others are making these playoffs miserable. I mean I really like to see people get light the efff up, but damn when hossa is carried off on a stretcher, that is to much. The going out to try and hurt people who are trying to play the game is just wrong, it ends careers. Cam Neely (freakin stupid samulesson).

Go Rinne! Hell yeah, I live in detroit suburbs and I can't wait for them to get eliminated so the state will just focus on the tigers for real! I still think it's nashville and st. louis for the conference final.

Go Pens tonight!

So happy that my boys have made it this far. TWO victories at the Joe?!

I can't wait until Friday night's game. I might try to get tickets. I went to the first one, it was NUTS.

[quote name='Scorch']So happy that my boys have made it this far. TWO victories at the Joe?!

I can't wait until Friday night's game. I might try to get tickets. I went to the first one, it was NUTS.[/QUOTE]
I still need to lose my playoff hockey virginity. I wish I lived in a big sports market (I'm like 3 hours from NYC and 4 from Boston). Ive been following closely this season in part because of the NBA lockout, and I've been loving it. Got out to a Bruins game and a Blues game this season. Hopefully if they make it far enough ill catch another, but being a broke college student I'm not liking my odds of that actually happening haha. The atmosphere seems amazing though.

[quote name='KingBroly']That was an amazing sequence for Philadelphia right there.[/QUOTE]

I think Timmonen scored about 4-5 seconds after the first penalty expired. If he'd had done it about 6 secs earlier, would they still be on the PP after the Voracheck goal?

[quote name='KingBroly']Tonight, two series have the potential to end.

Tonight, three cities have the potential to riot.

Tonight, Game 4's happen![/QUOTE]

Philidelphia is not one of them! Don't forget, Fleury will start the next three games. That said, he finally does look like himself after that second period and Pittsburgh looks like themselves again. Stall is in playoff form, it's nice.

Now just let detroit lose the next game

Where the hell is Philadelphia?

And an FYI, the 3 riot cities I mentioned were Vancouver, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles.

As someone who was busy watching the Rangers fall asleep..... (credit where credit is due, the game ending goal by Ottawa was sweet), WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED DURING THE PITT/PHILLY GAME?!? I thought the other games had ridiculous scoring, but 10-3!?! Goddamn...

[quote name='Chronis']As someone who was busy watching the Rangers fall asleep..... (credit where credit is due, the game ending goal by Ottawa was sweet), WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED DURING THE PITT/PHILLY GAME?!? I thought the other games had ridiculous scoring, but 10-3!?! Goddamn...[/QUOTE]

It was quite a sight. I knew pittsburgh was gonna show up tonight. I am glad Fleury found himself, it's gonna be a real series now! I was also thinking with philly scoring eight in the last two games, 3 tonight and 4 in the opener that would be 23. It's crazy to think that and know pittsburgh got 3 in the opener, 5 in game 2, 4 in game 3 equaling 12 goals. Them going into tonights game and scoring 10 to pull the goals scored between the two within 1 is crazy. Bobrovsky did settle down in that third period though.

The Philly-Pittsburgh series is just sad. Every time I watch it, it's a battle of the shittiest goal tenders in the play offs. Just wait till the top NHL Brass are not present at the game and it will be a blood bath again. Hell, I think I'm rooting for The Blues for once(Big Tampa Fan). I know one player that helped me with my hockey training and I hope he ends up winning the cup!

I'm with Vulcan, I can't imagine either Pitt or Philly advancing another round with the way their defenses and goalies have played. Defense wins championships, especially in the NHL.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']The Philly-Pittsburgh series is just sad. Every time I watch it, it's a battle of the shittiest goal tenders in the play offs. Just wait till the top NHL Brass are not present at the game and it will be a blood bath again. Hell, I think I'm rooting for The Blues for once(Big Tampa Fan). I know one player that helped me with my hockey training and I hope he ends up winning the cup![/QUOTE]

As much as I want them to win I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong about it. If they do some how win it I see St. Louis going into a riot seeing how it will be the first time they won the damned thing.

[quote name='drktrpr1']I'm with Vulcan, I can't imagine either Pitt or Philly advancing another round with the way their defenses and goalies have played. Defense wins championships, especially in the NHL.[/QUOTE]

With that logic, the winner of the BOS-WAS series will win the cup. I think every series has doubled its' scoring total.

The defense wins championships myth is just that in every sport, a myth. Usually that's the exception.

Except for baseball where pitching wins but that's technically not defense.

You're right in that it's a myth, DestroVega. But if you consider the counterfactual (offense wins championships), that's a problem for the Flyers because they have to score 4+ in order to win consistently with Bryz in the net.

He had an amazing March, but his 5-6 solid weeks stand in stark contrast to the rest of the season. No way could he stand up to Lundquist, Thomas, or Andersson (without even getting to the Western teams). And I say that as a huge Flyers fan (just one grounded in reality).

gif1sb.gif

I know this is late to the party but I just saw this today, beside live and its disgusting and hilariously all at the same time. What were they thinking....lets see how many Wings can chase one person into corner. Klein coulda did a triple axle and still put the puck in...I hope Nashville wraps it up tomorrow night so I get a refund on Game 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats Pee Wee hockey right there. Wow.

I could see Philly advancing but Bryz is going to get lit up come next series. Hell, I was laughing so hard when they were clapping for bobroskyz (how ever you spell his name) when he blocked a few shots in the end of the game. Let's admit that Philly won't advance next series unless Bryz gets better. Love his interviews but his goaltending is horrible. As long as Tim Thomas goes down, I don't care who wins. Can not stand Thomas one bit.

[quote name='combatrhombus']I hope Nashville wraps it up tomorrow night so I get a refund on Game 6.[/QUOTE]

We'll try our best, sir! :D

I legit LOL'ed at the Penguins goalie being photoshopped in front of that shot.. their games have been hilarious! Fleury's playoff stats have been horrendous.

I think this has been my favorite so far..

Hucf5.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']You're right in that it's a myth, DestroVega. But if you consider the counterfactual (offense wins championships), that's a problem for the Flyers because they have to score 4+ in order to win consistently with Bryz in the net.

He had an amazing March, but his 5-6 solid weeks stand in stark contrast to the rest of the season. No way could he stand up to Lundquist, Thomas, or Andersson (without even getting to the Western teams). And I say that as a huge Flyers fan (just one grounded in reality).[/QUOTE]

Great teams win championships. Can't have major weaknesses.

[quote name='confoosious']Best case scenario, Caps win and FLyers get NJ or Florida. Assuming they close out the Pens, which they will.[/QUOTE]

The Caps will play the Rangers or Philadelphia in Round 2.

I think a Caps-Rangers would make for a great series. I think the Rangers might make it all the way this year honestly. That or the Coyotes.

[quote name='combatrhombus']
gif1sb.gif
[/QUOTE]

Clearly, Howard thought he was playing soccer and had more net to cover, lol. I just hope EA doesn't see that play. Otherwise, the AI in NHL 13 will be even worse. Saturday is going to be damn crazy with a potential series clincher for the Preds and UFC 145 on the same night!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vulcan2422']I think a Caps-Rangers would make for a great series. I think the Rangers might make it all the way this year honestly. That or the Coyotes.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Rangers can beat the Capitals in the Playoffs.

I don't think the Coyotes could beat the Predators in the Playoffs. That being said, the Western Conference looks like a mess at the moment. No Vancouver, Detroit, Chicago or San Jose in Round 2? Wow.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Saturday is going to be damn crazy with a potential series clincher for the Preds and UFC 145 on the same night![/QUOTE]

Wait, what? The game is tonight.

Tonights Games are as follows

Phi at Pit - 7:30 PM

Det at NSH - 8:00 PM

Not sure if La vs Van is on tonight, nothing on the NHL website about game 5.

Sharts playing themselves right out of a first round. Must really want to get to the golf course...

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] I just hope EA doesn't see that play. Otherwise, the AI in NHL 13 will be even worse. [/QUOTE]

They should at least put that exact play in...

Game 5 between VAN-LA is Sunday, actually. I have no clue as to why, either.

I expect Detroit and Philadelphia to win tonight. I can't see Detroit going out by losing 3 in a row.

[quote name='KingBroly']Game 5 between VAN-LA is Sunday, actually. I have no clue as to why, either.[/QUOTE]

Which is odd scheduling, since BOS/WSH are playing two nights in a row. Can Holtby be the fucking beast again tonight?

[quote name='Scorch']Wait, what? The game is tonight.[/QUOTE]

No, you didn't. I either looked at Yahoo's schedule wrong or they flipped something around. Either way, glad there's no conflict now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back