The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']No, you didn't. I either looked at Yahoo's schedule wrong or they flipped something around. Either way, glad there's no conflict now! :)[/QUOTE]

The problem is that you used Yahoo Nate instead of NHL.com

I was going to say Mike, no way a double header for Caps. How ever, battle of the shitty goal tenders is on. I'll say this, if both teams suddenly came down with influenza, I wouldn't even care or even notice. One thing I can't stand is the Canucks broadcasters.

[quote name='mykevermin']Huh, I was wrong. I thought I saw that WSH/BOS game 5 was tonight, but it's tomorrow at 3PM EST.[/QUOTE]

I try to list tonight's game # and scheduled time in the OP. Just cause.

I'm surprised Detroit has played so flat tonight. They deserve to be eliminated, playing like this.

Why can't Philly just knock out Pittsburgh already. I'll update it tonight Broly for tomorrows games.

Edit: Updated OP with tomorrows times and added the score for the Pitt-Phi game for game #5. Once the Nas - Det game is over I'll update again.

Edit 2: Added Nas-Det game #5.

I can't believe this is the same team that won 23 straight home games.

Last edited by a moderator:
. [quote name='n8rockerasu']WOOOOOO!!! See ya later, Old Wings! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, your team will be knocked out next bracket. :D

I don't mind helping out when I can. Sport I love and play.

That's only because the Sharts got a first game win some how against the Blues. Out of 8 games they somehow only won the first playoff game.

Some of the scheduling is effected by the NBA season being condensed. They play a lot of games in a short time and some arenas are booked. That's why some series have a 2nd off day or have irregular breaks.

Penguins hanging tough. Game 6 is going to be the true test. No way Philly wants to go back to Pittsburgh for an elimination game. If Fleury plays like he did and the refs don't try handing it to the Flyers our chances are going up!!

Detroit was solidly beat in that series. Nashville is no question for real. Rinne is just beastly. If the west shakes out in the 2nd round as St. Louis Vs. L.A. and Phoenix vs. Nashville; Nashville should be in their first Conference finals.

Torres was suspended for 25 games.

Suspension length is great, but they need to start suspending guys more for the intent rather than the result.

How the fuck does Neal only get ONE game after a similar hit to Couturier AND elbowing Giroux in the head?

Yes, Torres is a repeat offender, but that doesn't mean either of them couldn't have ended up like Hossa.

[quote name='jello44']Torres was suspended for 25 games.

Suspension length is great, but they need to start suspending guys more for the intent rather than the result.

How the fuck does Neal only get ONE game after a similar hit to Couturier AND elbowing Giroux in the head?

Yes, Torres is a repeat offender, but that doesn't mean either of them couldn't have ended up like Hossa.[/QUOTE]

Because Torres isn't a star player by any means.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Because Torres isn't a star player by any means.[/QUOTE]

Derp.

I keep forgetting about that special rule book if you are a star, how silly of me.

[quote name='jello44']I keep forgetting about that special rule book if you are a star, how silly of me.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't dare argue that the NHL suspensions have been anything but wildly, astonishingly inconsistent, would you?

Then you shouldn't mock the idea that certain players are treated less harshly than others. The explanation Shanahan gave for Neal's suspension still makes my head spin, but when contrasted with the explanation for Asham's suspension, shows how ridiculous it all is.

Neal:
- history of fines, suspensions, and warnings for his play
- deliberately struck the head of two players
- 1 game

Asham:
- no history whatsoever (yeah, that shocked me, too)
- cross-check to the upper chest and head area w/ punch to the head
- 4 games

So save your "derp" for the reality that there is a protected class of players in the NHL, and while Torres' suspension is huge, you'll never see Malkin get 1 game, let alone 25.

[quote name='mykevermin']You wouldn't dare argue that the NHL suspensions have been anything but wildly, astonishingly inconsistent, would you?

Then you shouldn't mock the idea that certain players are treated less harshly than others. The explanation Shanahan gave for Neal's suspension still makes my head spin, but when contrasted with the explanation for Asham's suspension, shows how ridiculous it all is.

Neal:
- 1 game

Asham:
- 4 games

So save your "derp" for the reality that there is a protected class of players in the NHL, and while Torres' suspension is huge, you'll never see Malkin get 1 game, let alone 25.[/QUOTE]

no you will never see malkin get 25 b/c he has never done anything that would remotely justify that type of suspension. some of his hits are questionable but come on, a slight interference shoulder to shoulder hit doesn't deserve anything more than the 2 minute minor he got.

it is very true that the league would have a harder time suspending someone like Shea Weber compared to Raffi Torres. Cooke's suspension last year was 10 plus playoffs which ended up 17 total. Could have been in the 20 range if the pens made it past Tampa Bay. Torres was en easy mark no question.

[quote name='mykevermin']You wouldn't dare argue that the NHL suspensions have been anything but wildly, astonishingly inconsistent, would you?

Neal:
- 1 game

Asham:
- 4 games

So save your "derp" for the reality that there is a protected class of players in the NHL, and while Torres' suspension is huge, you'll never see Malkin get 1 game, let alone 25.[/QUOTE]

There really is Myke and you said it best. I was watching the Flyers game and every time I saw Crosby take a face off, he never got thrown out (was switching Channels as well so I could have missed it). I saw him numerous times going early and the ref let it slide. If it wasn't a star player, they would have been thrown out of the face off. So if you don't think there are certain players who will never get a fine or suspension because of their star power, you're in denial.

Malkin has more than questionable hits and plays. He needs a good suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh9EenqzdtM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imv7owJKLic

[quote name='tbassett']If the west shakes out in the 2nd round as St. Louis Vs. L.A. and Phoenix vs. Nashville; Nashville should be in their first Conference finals.[/QUOTE]

The Blues are the only team that I'm worried about us facing.

Here's some awesome Predators wallpaper for those of you who want to jump on the bandwagon :) This one is my personal favorite.

Here's a picture I forgot to post from the game I went to. Not bad for a camera phone.

1zz5ahi.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']The Blues are the only team that I'm worried about us facing.

Here's some awesome Predators wallpaper for those of you who want to jump on the bandwagon :) This one is my personal favorite.

Here's a picture I forgot to post from the game I went to. Not bad for a camera phone.

1zz5ahi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all. I'd say better than my damn 14MP Camera!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It's true. Look at Malkin's dirty hits. He has one almost every game, but will we ever see him suspended? Maybe once.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know, I was being sarcastic.

Nice seats, Scorch. Those would cost you $250+ for Flyers, easy. The one downside to living in a market that loves hockey (I used to live close-ish to Columbus, so I'd pay next to nothing to see the Blue Jackets play - which is fitting, since what they play is next to nothing like hockey).

They're usually $98 a piece, but through a deal, I was able to snag them for $40 each. I always sit lower bowl, but not usually that close.

Round 2 tickets are going for $80+ for upper level. Game 1 of round 2 is almost sold out, and thanks to Ticketmaster's awesome new "pick your seat" thing, I can see that there's a handful of seats left in the lower level for $150. 1st row seats are $395.

But seriously, that interactive seat map on Ticketmaster is fantastic. It's even integrated with Facebook to show you where your friends are sitting at an event, for those who would want to know.

[quote name='jello44']Oh, I know, I was being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

My bad, you know how sarcasm goes over the nets.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Having Boston out in the first round would be... AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

I would be quite excited! The faster Boston is gone, the better.

I know when we go to Tampa games, it costs us $100 for lower level seats. We also host a Rink of Dreams where you get an hour of ice time on the Forum ice and introductions for The lines, goals and penalties along with 2 lower level seats. We do that almost all the time for games we really want to watch.

[quote name='KingBroly']Florida was awarded an automatic goal at the end of the game.

I can't say I knew such a rule existed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if a player has an un-obstructed path to the goal and is hooked when the opponents goalie is pulled it's an automatic goal. It doesn't happen very often but that is a rule

It's a fair rule. I just never saw a situation like that occur.

Anyway, Rangers lost. Lunvquist cost them that game with the weak 5-hole goal.

EDIT:
St. Louis advances

Yeah, that rule is like in basketball. Unobstructed path to the basket, or goal here.

Here's hoping Corey Crawford can pick up his game.

I sort of don't want Philly to get a 3-0 lead here. Unless of course they score a 4th goal immediately afterwards.

[quote name='KingBroly']I sort of don't want Philly to get a 3-0 lead here. Unless of course they score a 4th goal immediately afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? Don't like even numbers?

Man, if the Pens, Bruins, and Canucks are eliminated today...

[quote name='mykevermin']Why is that? Don't like even numbers?

Man, if the Pens, Bruins, and Canucks are eliminated today...[/QUOTE]

3 goal lead = The most dangerous lead in hockey.

And I think the Bruins will stay alive. I have no faith my team. That's how much I love them.

EDIT:
Flyers Win!

I was out of town for detroits last two games. We're they bad or was Rinne the main problem? Also I'm starting to think my picks will be possibly half wrong at least. Chicago lay off and Timmy Thomas show why you were a Stanley cup champ. Lastly, I am totally fine with Raffi getting a playoff ban. Should hopefully curb the cheap shots in round 2.

Rinne has been a beast for sure. Not sure if that's everything though, as Canucks/Kings is the west series that has most of my attention, w/ Phoenix/Chicago a close second.

I hope not cause if LA wins and the caps win, no traditional teams at all except for the Flyers. Having the Pens gone was a great day, if only Boston got knocked out would have been great, and if the Canucks are gone, well 2 out of 3 isn't too bad

BYE BYE CANUCKS! The city burns tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back