The Brand New OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember you guys talking about it, but I don't remember what it was called.

Though, if you want a good browser based zombie game, check out Rebuild. I actually bought it for my iPad.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']So, I just bought Arma II so I could play the Day Z mod. Anyone else here play? Thought maybe we could be survivor buddies![/QUOTE]

Ive been hearing tons of good reviews about it and its just in alpha or beta stage. Too bad my computer cant handle it :(

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I remember you guys talking about it, but I don't remember what it was called.

Though, if you want a good browser based zombie game, check out Rebuild. I actually bought it for my iPad.[/QUOTE]

I thought you played it too. It was that game where the city was a big grid and you had only so many action points to use in a real life 24 hour period. So you had to be careful when you attacked someone or a zombie that you had enough points to get back in a hiding spot.

[quote name='TheRock88']Ive been hearing tons of good reviews about it and its just in alpha or beta stage. Too bad my computer cant handle it :([/QUOTE]

Give it a go, you might be surprised. Try the ArmaII demo on steam, it'll give you an idea how it'll run.

[quote name='Maklershed']I thought you played it too. It was that game where the city was a big grid and you had only so many action points to use in a real life 24 hour period. So you had to be careful when you attacked someone or a zombie that you had enough points to get back in a hiding spot.[/QUOTE]

Not I. I remember you guys talking about it, and I think I tried it out, but it seemed too complicated and I didn't want to put the effort into it at the time.

I got an odd email about gifts for Father's Day to celebrate "the man that gave birth to you," which is the creepiest thing I've ever read that advertised a holiday.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Are you guys talking about Urban Dead?[/QUOTE]

Ah yes thats it. Did you play?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I got an odd email about gifts for Father's Day to celebrate "the man that gave birth to you," which is the creepiest thing I've ever read that advertised a holiday.[/QUOTE]

UoZwI.png

I have Oxy from my sons hip surgery that he never used (He got by on Motrin...TOUGH AS NAILS) if you want it...on second thought, it probably expired.

Had so much fun playing Day Z last night. I had four zombies on my trail and no ammo. I ran into a warehouse that had a catwalk, so I came up with a plan to lead them up the catwalk, then jump down and run away. Well, it was all going fine until I jumped, broke my legs and then tried dragging myself away, only to be eaten by the same zombies that were chasing me.

Plan fail.

[quote name='Number83']I have Oxy from my sons hip surgery that he never used (He got by on Motrin...TOUGH AS NAILS) if you want it...on second thought, it probably expired.[/QUOTE]

It just loses a little potency, I think. It's still good, it's still good. Unless you never got the script filled, and then maybe they won't fill it.

Though I think that SeanR is going to have to fight Maklershed for it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Jesus my back pain is bad today.[/QUOTE]

Thats what happened to me. Never had back pain in my life. Got in the accident in 2008 and ever since then its random bouts (sometimes lasting a month at a time) of back and shoulder pain. :/

[quote name='Number83']I have Oxy from my sons hip surgery that he never used (He got by on Motrin...TOUGH AS NAILS) if you want it...on second thought, it probably expired.[/QUOTE]

Send it my way.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Had so much fun playing Day Z last night. I had four zombies on my trail and no ammo. I ran into a warehouse that had a catwalk, so I came up with a plan to lead them up the catwalk, then jump down and run away. Well, it was all going fine until I jumped, broke my legs and then tried dragging myself away, only to be eaten by the same zombies that were chasing me.

Plan fail.[/QUOTE]

I really gotta try that game.

It's like nothing I've ever played before. The psychological aspect of it is amazing.

I was in a barn, gathering supplies when another person ran in to do the same. I could have called out to him, became friends, teamed up against the horde and helped each other survive, but I had a feeling that as soon as he saw me, he would try killing me for my gear, so I killed him first. I felt bad about doing it, but I couldn't risk him killing me first. When you die, that's it, you lose everything and start from square one.

Wrapping up Binary Domain today and feeling the itch for an RPG since I'm off 6 of the next 9 days. I can hear Dark Souls calling my name.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It's like nothing I've ever played before. The psychological aspect of it is amazing.

I was in a barn, gathering supplies when another person ran in to do the same. I could have called out to him, became friends, teamed up against the horde and helped each other survive, but I had a feeling that as soon as he saw me, he would try killing me for my gear, so I killed him first. I felt bad about doing it, but I couldn't risk him killing me first. When you die, that's it, you lose everything and start from square one.[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's why I love it also. I just wish that I didn't have framerate issues with the game. I really need to update my PC.

[quote name='JStryke']Wrapping up Binary Domain today and feeling the itch for an RPG since I'm off 6 of the next 9 days. I can hear Dark Souls calling my name.[/QUOTE]

Dark Souls isn't really an RPG, so much as it's an action game with RPG elements. If you're looking for a standard RPG, you won't find it here.

[quote name='darthbudge']Yup. That's why I love it also. I just wish that I didn't have framerate issues with the game. I really need to update my PC.[/QUOTE]

Ha, reminds me of when we used to play Left 4 Dead with you and you'd spend the entire game lagging the fuck out until zombies kicked your ass.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Had so much fun playing Day Z last night. I had four zombies on my trail and no ammo. I ran into a warehouse that had a catwalk, so I came up with a plan to lead them up the catwalk, then jump down and run away. Well, it was all going fine until I jumped, broke my legs and then tried dragging myself away, only to be eaten by the same zombies that were chasing me.

Plan fail.[/QUOTE]

Installing tonight. That sold me more than anything.

After about the third or fourth quote, finally have a landscaper coming out to replace the backyard. Am going to have lawn maintence done as well, so no more mowing for me this summer.

Two days left until the weekend. I can do this.

[quote name='eldergamer']After about the third or fourth quote, finally have a landscaper coming out to replace the backyard. Am going to have lawn maintence done as well, so no more mowing for me this summer.

Two days left until the weekend. I can do this.[/QUOTE]

How big is your yard, what is being done, and how much is the contractor doing it for?

I've contemplated landscaping the front and taking out an old, partially rotted oak tree in the back. I got a quote on the tree removal -- crazy expensive -- but I'm still willing to spend on the front yard (which isn't big). Right now I'm the "bad neighbor" with a shitty front yard full of creeping charlie. It doesn't keep me up at nights, but it might be good to fix in case I want to sell the place.

@Temp - so what if there were no zombies around after you broke your legs? What would happen? Would you just lay there on the floor till you finally died?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Sweet, I'll be playing tonight too. Maybe we'll meet up and slay some Zeus and I'll murder you and steal all your Pepsi.[/QUOTE]

Is that a joke or does Pepsi do something?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Nice! Max Payne 3 is only 30 gigs and not 35.[/QUOTE]

I heard it's only around 12-15, but requires 30 during install to unpack. Could be wrong though.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I heard it's only around 12-15, but requires 30 during install to unpack. Could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

It might. I started preloading and it was only 29.1 gigs. They should have enabled preloading last week.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Nice! Max Payne 3 is only 30 gigs and not 35.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maklershed']@Temp - so what if there were no zombies around after you broke your legs? What would happen? Would you just lay there on the floor till you finally died?

Is that a joke or does Pepsi do something?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...you know...that's a good question...I'm not really sure how you repair broken legs in the game. I think taking morphine does the trick, but don't quote me on that.

You find cans of Pepsi and coke throughout the world. You drink them to restore your thirst meter.

Tactical FPS. I heard on Giant Bomb that Arma II had very mediocre sales and Arma III came out and was pretty much the same but a few months ago this Day Z mod started catching fire for Arma II and now its one of the best selling PC games and its by far outselling III. Kind of interesting how that works. I wonder if the mod is user created and if so if the people at Bohemia Interactive sing his/her praises every day.

It's strange. The mod was created by one dude and the makers of ArmaII hired him, so now he's a part of their company, and any updates that come out for the mod are now official.

The mod is still in alpha, so it's a little buggy, but I'd says its on par with your average Bethesda game in that aspect.

Last night, I was able to play without dying for the first time. I've got some pretty nice gear going at this point. My next goal is to round up enough parts to do some repairs on a car, assuming I can find one. A chopper would be better.

[quote name='Maklershed']Tactical FPS. I heard on Giant Bomb that Arma II had very mediocre sales and Arma III came out and was pretty much the same but a few months ago this Day Z mod started catching fire for Arma II and now its one of the best selling PC games and its by far outselling III. Kind of interesting how that works. I wonder if the mod is user created and if so if the people at Bohemia Interactive sing his/her praises every day.[/QUOTE]

ARMA III isn't out yet, and while ARMA II is no WoW or Counter-Strike, it has pretty consistently been a top selling game on Steam.

Mostly due to Day Z. I've read that before that, sales weren't stellar.

I gave Arma II a try and I didn't think it was bad. You either love super-realistic shooters or you don't. It was certainly better than Operation Flashpoint.

The perma death intrigues me...Apparently Hardcore mode in Diablo 3 is permanent as well. Imagine being Level 60, getting all legendaries and as you're progressing you get disconnected from Battle.net?

Fake Starbucks on site! Yeah, fake, but it's a heck of a lot better than the awful coffee from the deli across the street. I wish they took the SB Gold card (earn free drinks), though, so that kind of sucks. Also now a Subway, noodle/sushi shop, and a Mediterranean place, none of which I have tried yet. It's got to be better than the old cafeteria.

Vanilla Arma II is great if not infuriating. It's so damn tough to accomplish anything but damn does it feel amazing to successfully kill an OP-For in a firefight.

I pulled a Shane last night. I made friends with somebody and we agreed to check out a church in one of the larger cities. On our way in, we got spotted so we took off and ran into the church we were looking for. We were trapped as the zombies started flooding through the door, so I capped the guy in the leg enough to put him to the ground and took off while the zombies were all busy munching on him.

He vowed to track me down and get his revenge, no matter how long it takes. Lol. Good luck, buddy!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I pulled a Shane last night. I made friends with somebody and we agreed to check out a church in one of the larger cities. On our way in, we got spotted so we took off and ran into the church we were looking for. We were trapped as the zombies started flooding through the door, so I capped the guy in the leg enough to put him to the ground and took off while the zombies were all busy munching on him.

He vowed to track me down and get his revenge, no matter how long it takes. Lol. Good luck, buddy![/QUOTE]:lol:

NOTE TO SELF: In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, do not hang with Temp.

[quote name='Number83']:lol:

NOTE TO SELF: In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, do not hang with Temp.[/QUOTE]
I don't know why you didn't realize that until now.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well there was no point in both of us dying!

His last words were "YOU ASSHOLE, I GAVE YOU MY BEANS!!!"[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Now, since it's Permadeath, if you were to go back to that Church or go back with a new character, would his body still be there (assuming it wasn't 100% devoured), or his back pack or whatever he had with him? Like it is a persistent, living world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back