The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Kept with the Halloween theme and went back to Dead Island. I played the 1st act with a different character and picked up four trophies. I don't think I ever finished the game, so I might do that.

Well my Overwatch placement matches were terrible but managed to be on fire most of the time so I think it was my team not myself. Being stuck as healer 80% or tank 20% did not help me at all. There are some truly horrible indie games out there. I suppose when you spend $.99-5 for 15 games it isn't that bad but at this rate my PC backlog will only be 30 games many of which are impossibly difficult, 3 hours long or unbeatable. Sonic Forces comes out soon at least though Mario Party Top 100 might suck and I may have to replay RE7 to access the DLC.

Beaten 36
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Batman Season 2 Overwatch
Future Super Mario Odyssey
Nov Sonic Forces Mario Party Top 100
Dec Resident Evil 7: biohazard - Gold Edition 

Last edited by a moderator:
I beat Bioshock Remastered. I started playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, but I just wasn't that into it. I decided to switch to a game I know I like.

The last time I played Bioshock, which was also the first time, was four years ago. There were parts I vividly remember, but there were a few things I completely forgot about. One of the guns in the game had left my mind.

I think all three games are great, but I don't know when I'll play 2 and Infinite. I want to give Until Dawn another try so I can start playing Rush of Blood, and I plan on getting that Gamestop rental pass in a couple weeks. I'll then start focusing on a bunch of one-and-dones that are available to rent at Gamestop.

I've beat 10 games this year. 12 if you count two short PSVR games.

Playing Shadow Tactics for the PS4. This is a really neat game if you're into strategy games. Very unique game play, too. You basically control several characters in an open map (all stealth) and the odds always look against you. 

The downside is the camera, controls. But once you get used to it, it is not bad at all. Amazon has it on sale for $30 right now, I snagged it for $20 from GameFly. Would recommend if you're into strategy games. 

I also imagine because it is so niche, trade in value will remain solid. 

Going to be a busy week. Minecraft Episode 4, Guardians Episode 5 and Sonic Forces release Tuesday. Then Mario Party Top 100 Friday.

I beat Bioshock Remastered. I started playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, but I just wasn't that into it. I decided to switch to a game I know I like.
I started playing Wolfenstein: The New Order as well. It seems that the gameplay is primarily:

1. Go to a section with enemies
2. Either defeat them guns blazing or try stealth
3. Go through the area collecting the spoils
4. Rinse and repeat.

I’m only in the first area but so it might change later. I’m also playing Ultra Street Fighter IV single player until SFV Arcade Edition comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started playing Wolfenstein: The New Order as well. It seems that the gameplay is primarily:

1. Go to a section with enemies
2. Either defeat them guns blazing or try stealth
3. Go through the area collecting the spoils
4. Rinse and repeat.

I’m only in the first area but so it might change later. I’m also playing Ultra Street Fighter IV single player until SFV Arcade Edition comes out.
I have to say Wolfenstein is amazing but the first hour or so of that game does not give you a good feeling for it at all. There are very few games that are that good that have as bad of an intro as that game does.

In the past month I beat steam world dig, Destiny 2 campaign, abzu, the swapper and mario+rabbids. Currently, I'm playing Mario Odysse(switch), Teslagrad (ps4) and command and conquer 3(pc).

Beat Guardians of the Galaxy Episode 5 the decisions in Episode 4 I felt carry a lot of weight and beat Minecraft Episode 4. I thought I got someone killed but apparently not it was a decent 1.5-2 hours did not time myself. 

Sonic Forces is short even if you 100% getting all the Red Star Coins. Really should remember what they were called. It is a game that takes a day to S rank and get all the coins. I did not 100% said game the last boss fight takes forever to time attack and all the other collectibles take a while.

Going to 100% Sonic Forces going to take a while.

Giving up on 100% this. Started the extra stages difficult but doable but the time attack missions my god stage 27 is insane. Getting the time as classic sonic was easy just use drop dash and spin at the right moments but the boss stages early on were doable later on they just came down to the wire. I understand the world records show it can be done with plenty of time to spare but I am not that good.

Beaten 40
Backlog Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Batman Season 2 Overwatch
Future Dec Resident Evil 7: biohazard - Gold Edition

Beat 40 games this year since DLC does not count and indie games are so hit and miss I think this is it. See you next year.

I figured I would drop in to bump the thread.

If you have a sony rewards account you can link your psn id, opt into the 'passes' and get points for earning trophies.

I figured I would test it out, so I just played through "Where the Wild Things Are". I got it for $1 at a yard sale, but I have to say it was a decent game. It reminds me of PS2 platformers like God of War and the Jax games. The recording on the voices is bad (they used effects that just make it sound like they are yelling in a tunnel), but the game play is ok. I know this one is or will be on a $5/$10 GS sale and it might be worth it if you want to play through a simple game on the cheap. I may be biased as I had the book when I was little.

Got Batman Episode 3 and River City: Rival Showdown thought I only beat 40 games this year but it looking like 41 now.
Beat Episode 3 kind of short onto River City disliking the day timer aspect but might love it.

Beaten 40
Backlog River City: Rival Showdown Batman Season 2 Minecraft Season 2 Overwatch
Upcoming Dec Resident Evil 7: biohazard - Gold Edition

Still chugging away at Wolfenstein New Order.  I'm half way through with the game and honestly, so far, it's ok.  There have been some thrilling moments but none that are truly memorable.  It's not a bad game at all - just not as fun as I thought it would be.

Beat River City there are 4 endings one where you just lose, one where you do only some of the missions, some where you do all the story missions and the weird one which I have yet to get. I dislike the timer aspect and pretty much relied on rice balls to heal me due to them not effecting the timer and I still missed a bunch of missions it does have a new game plus but I honestly hated Dead Rising a bit for the timer. Using the encyclopedia to determine mission times and locations seems like the best bet.

Beaten 41
Backlog Batman Season 2 Minecraft Season 2 Overwatch
Upcoming Dec Resident Evil 7: biohazard - Gold Edition

i just recently got a Wii for the first time ($15 at goodwill complete in box) so i grabbed Mario Galaxy and man im really enjoying that game. i finished Good Egg Galaxy. i really love how that game plays and the whole gravity aspects and walking upside down on certain levels and planets, lots of fun. my favorite level so far was honeyhive galaxy its so fun flying around in the bee suit. i know im 10 years too late but im glad im experiencing it. 

First of all, hello guys! I'm a newbie here. Film student and hopefully a future screenwriter. Also a big gamer, cheers from Mexico!

Now my question is... is it me or the Crash Bandicoot games are unevenly difficult? The first game was hard but I had an insane amount of trouble getting the platinum in the second one. My main issue seems to be the camera and those hideous hitboxes.

Just beat Evil Within 2. 

Thoughts: 

• Total time to complete, doing pretty much all side quests and killing all or most enemies: ~ 23 hours
  • The game was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it. Some parts were annoying, but there were also a lot of parts that were so much fun. Really dig the open world concept when it was at play; it reminded me of The Walking Dead. So good. 
  • Depending on reviews for future DLC, I would strongly consider purchasing. I don't often buy DLC. 
  • The game really offers you an incentive to play it again ... lots of goodies after beating game, too. 
  • Overall, would give this game a 9/10. Would get a perfect score, but again, a small amount of annoying parts. 

I have no idea what to play right now ... thinking of getting back into FF 15 and see what's new or continue FF 12, which I had spent a lot of time in before needing to take a break. FF 12 is the best and worst thing for a complentionist or someone who enjoys getting rare items; beating tough optional bosses ... 

Maybe continue Horizon Zero Dawn ... IDK. Really stuck. 

First of all, hello guys! I'm a newbie here. Film student and hopefully a future screenwriter. Also a big gamer, cheers from Mexico!

Now my question is... is it me or the Crash Bandicoot games are unevenly difficult? The first game was hard but I had an insane amount of trouble getting the platinum in the second one. My main issue seems to be the camera and those hideous hitboxes.
Check the YouTube videos it has problems. Getting hit by the press even though you stood near it. Jumping physics are the same when each game had different ones. Second one was easy besides that bee level gem. Running into it was a absolute nightmare. Third was easy but fun.

I have no idea what to play right now ... thinking of getting back into FF 15 and see what's new or continue FF 12, which I had spent a lot of time in before needing to take a break. FF 12 is the best and worst thing for a complentionist or someone who enjoys getting rare items; beating tough optional bosses ...

Maybe continue Horizon Zero Dawn ... IDK. Really stuck.
Yeah, I need to get back to FF 12 too. It really is a huge game to complete, especially for workaholic people like me who have only so few hours per week to play video games.

I'm still slowly working my way thru Metal Gear Solid V. It is such a departure from earlier MGS games with the open-worldness and the Mother Base development, but the gameplay itself is very Metal Gear. I started out trying to do a sneak-everything run, but that got pretty frustrating after awhile, so now I'm just doing whatever I want. I find it very fulfilling sneaking into a base, killing everyone but leaving that one guy knocked out so when he wakes up to find his buddies killed all around him, it'll make him question his life decisions. I held a guy at gunpoint for several minutes, letting him sweat, then said "Nah, you live." But I lied. I sicced my wolf-dog on him then exploded the C4 I planted. Its the little moments like that which are allowing me to enjoy this game. The story is Kojima garbage, crazy like everything Kojima, but it works, so I ain't complaining.

So after getting burned this Black Friday (as in buying Yakuza 0 thinking it's gonna be OOS soon in Oct), I think I am going to spend next year focusing on games in my backlog and buying most games on sale.

I am trying to figure out since I have so many games in my backlog, does anyone have any good methods for figuring out what games to play? Sure I can say I want to play x genre, but usually that runs many games deep between Steam, PS3, PS4, 3DS, WiiU, XBone and Switch. I guess I just want to find a more systematic approach to the madness, lol.

Thanks

I really need to just stop buying games.  I keep telling myself I'll play them, but when do I ever have time?  Oy.  At least I buy them all for relatively lower prices - ah well.

So after getting burned this Black Friday (as in buying Yakuza 0 thinking it's gonna be OOS soon in Oct), I think I am going to spend next year focusing on games in my backlog and buying most games on sale.

I am trying to figure out since I have so many games in my backlog, does anyone have any good methods for figuring out what games to play? Sure I can say I want to play x genre, but usually that runs many games deep between Steam, PS3, PS4, 3DS, WiiU, XBone and Switch. I guess I just want to find a more systematic approach to the madness, lol.

Thanks
Play what you REALLY want to play first - no matter what genre, no matter what system. Just play what you want to play first - rinse and repeat.

Oh...another thing I would suggest - save multiple play throughs/new game plus for later and continue on with other games in your backlog.

I just finished ABZÛ...WOW. So now I’m going to play Journey next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got about 800 Moons in Mario Odyssey. I think I'm done for now. I might get all 999 someday. My daughter is still really into it, but I'm kinda burnt out.

Moved onto Stardew Valley finally and as I predicted I'm totally addicted. It's difficult to get into at first because you start off with nothing, but once the snowball gets rolling it just doesn't stop.

I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider after picking it up from the PSN Black Friday sale. I'm really into it. This is the first game since the Bioshock series that I want to seek out all the collectibles. They aren't as good as the Bioshock audio diaries, but since they build up different kinds of XP they're very useful. I like how you have to find some to be able to read others.

I'm playing on Survivor. I figured I'd get all the difficulty trophies in one go.

A funny thing happened twice while playing. I wanted to look up, so I started to tilt my head back. VR controls are becoming second nature to me.

I finished my first playthrough for Dishonored Definitive Edition. No kills, ghost, blink only. So I started playing Dishonored 2.

Is it me or the game feels... off? There's this weird input lag thing going on with the PS4 port and the framerate is abysmal.

First post in a long while.

Finished the Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaign. It was pretty fun, story felt kind of inconsequential, but it does have a nice tie into the movies, and episode 8 coming out soon. 

I finished my first playthrough for Dishonored Definitive Edition. No kills, ghost, blink only. So I started playing Dishonored 2.

Is it me or the game feels... off? There's this weird input lag thing going on with the PS4 port and the framerate is abysmal.
Oh man props! I don't go for achievements, but Dishonored no kills are my fave. I seriously love D2 and wrote this long bit a while back.

Word of advice: There is a glitch in D2 with witches and sleeping darts .... save often and check kill count if you're going for no kills when up against them.

Posted below about in July ..

Hey all --

Just an update from me. I've been on the SNES Mini Pre Order forum, so forgive my signature =)

So, I finally beat Dishonored 2. A few things:

• I played it on Hard and I recommend anyone who hasn't checked this game to also play on Hard. It was a very good challenge; enemies can spot you from pretty far away. However, the game is very vertical and they give you an excellent sandbox to play in. There are so many different ways to approach a mission. Enemies generally don't look up or down, so this isn't cheap.
  • Generally speaking, I attempt to take out ALL enemies. I don't always find all enemies, but I like to clear out areas so I can move about freely and get Bonecharms and Runes.
  • I beat the game with the CLEAN HANDS achievement. I'm not a trophy person, but I love this one and also got it in D1. Overall, there are less "how did that guy die" deaths when compared to the first game. Still, there was a glitch where if you shot a Witch with a sleeping dart and reloaded, she would count as "dead" from time to time. This became a problem in the final level where there are A LOT of witches. You can't spam sleeping darts, but man, they really come in handy.
  • The Stop Time perk is a game breaker. It consumes a lot of mana and takes a lot of Runes to upgrade, but it really makes the game easy. I resorted to this mechanic as a last option because I enjoyed the overall challenge of the game. No matter the situation, you are always equipped to handle anything the game throws at you, regardless of perks.
  • All and all, it took me about 35 hours to beat with the Clean Hands perk and I want to say I found like 75% of all secrets and extras, etc. There is another option to play as Emily, who has different powers. If I decide to go that route I'll likely go lethal.
  • IDK how people beat this game without getting spotted.

Overall, I give this game an 8.5/10. And here's why:

• If you try to beat the game without killing anyone, you have zero incentive to try out some of the other Perks like Rat Swarm, for example. I feel this could be circumvented by offering a wider variety of enemies; you can kill wolfhounds and robots, for example, and they won't count as a "death," so more of that stuff.
  • I thought the graphics were fine, but they won't blow you away, either. D3, whenever that comes out, could use a facelift.
  • Overall, few different enemy types. There were times when the game felt a little repetitive.
  • Final boss battle was a head scratcher and overall, pretty lame: I took out boss with a "stun mine." lol
  • Not a story person, but man, super weak ending. Especially for you know, BEATING THE ENTIRE GAME WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE EVER.
This was a great game. I feel it never got the love the first one got. Don't know why. The controls are so tight and having so many options to creatively take out enemies is a lot of fun.

Now idk what to play. Might end up snagging Inside, but I don't want to pay $20.

EDIT: Thanks to the CAGer on this board for recommending D2.

Decided to buy A Hat in Time. Might as well see why everyone says this is great. Beaten sigh nothing left to play. Decent platformer.

Beaten 42
Backlog Batman Season 2 Minecraft Season 2 Overwatch
Future Purchases March Valkyria Chronicles 4 Far Cry 5

I was in the mood for some FPS action and beat CoD Black Ops and Halo 3. Tried a little Halo Reach and ODST and it seems like  typical Halo games (although I am very happy to see a run button in Reach).

Thinking of taking a break from Halo games and trying Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 4 next.

I had to mess with the sensitivity options a bunch to get D2 to feel right. I just started playing death of the outsider after not touching d2 for a couple months and had the same experience again.

Decided to go with Battlefield 4 and beat it within a couple of days. Glad I did because this game was bad. Sure it looks great, but the hit detection was off and I would get hit randomly by enemies that didn't appear on the screen. Even tanks that were suppose to get blown up by mines would drive over them and nothing would happen until they drove over them again. It was also funny to watch an enemy zipline and the animation would stutter so the enemy blinks and never drops.

Here's one glitch that worked in my favor: I go to equip a Stinger to take out a helicopter and the helicopter suddenly blows up. I didn't have to shoot it or anything.

Driving a boat was fun, but I'm glad this game is done. I hope the sequels aren't this bad.

Hey guys -- just sharing a heads up that Best Buy is offering a $10 credit if you do in store pickup from an online order. 

More info here: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/365751-best-buy-10-savings-code-with-10-store-pickup-order-60-eshoppsnetc-for-30/

In short, you can do this three times as long as order are separate. The $10 credit will be sent between Jan - Feb. 

So, snagged Stardew Valley (finally) for $6, Death of Outsider for $6 and Metroid for 3DS (gift) for about $22 once promo codes are sent. 

NOT TOO SHABBY! 

Starting this month off right

Just finished Castelvania Dawn of Sorrow.

Soul grinding at the end to upgrade my weapons sucked though. 

Not sure what to play next.

PmfmMVtm.jpg

Been playing Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds. Awesome game. I have two dungeons left so I should be able to beat it in the next few days. December has been a great month so far.

Hi everyone, new to the thread here. I hope everyone is slicing through their backlogs. I am currently at 250 games for the X-Bone, and 15 games for the PS4. I have completely finished... just one game. I have a serious problem and am hopeful all you friendly folks here can make the "Journey to the center of the Backlog" a little easier.

Didn't really realize I had a problem until I picked up the X. My ready to install was sitting at a hefty 250 games. My final purchase for the year will be The Evil Within 2 to put me at 251. I begin my journey with the BioShock Collection, namely the first game.

It took 20 years of on and off gaming, but I beat Ninja Gaiden III (NES) for the first time.

Ryu finally got his revenge.

Currently playing Death of the Outsider and Rainbow Six Siege. 

Death of the Outsider is aight, no where near as good as D1 or D2. 

Rainbow Six is a lot of fun. Would be amazing if I didn't suck at that game so much, though. 

Finished up the Zelda: BotW DLC. Good stuff. Zelda GotY.

Still working my way slowly thru MGS V, but I also have started a playthru of Valkyria Chronicles Remaster, because I want to get thru it and VC 2 before the new one comes out.

Resident Evil 7 DLC was okay. Fistacuffs was fun. Was like playing Evil Within Keeper's DLC it was unique. Not a hero was nice wish they changed the main game so you could be Chris and make it more action based but the ending just setup a sequel. Nothing much is coming out till March. My friend had a copy of Kirby from Europe and beat that fairly quickly 2-4 hours. It is a series of mini games and bosses. The story reminds me of Kirby Nes with the cake. It didn't seem to take itself that seriously. 

Beaten 43
Backlog Batman Season 2 Minecraft Season 2
Future Purchases March Valkyria Chronicles 4 Far Cry 5
Q1 Kirby Star Allies Detroit: Become Human Crackdown 3 Zone of the Enders A Way Out System Shock: Remastered Edition SoulCalibur VI Fe

Has anyone played Pillars of Eternity? If so, what system and what were your thoughts? 

And how does it stack up to Dragon Age: Origins, assuming you've played that too. 

Thx. 

Well going to recap for my year I don't see me buying another game till January Feb or March.

Sold my Overwatch account to a friend spent at least 700-1200 hours on the game and am glad to see it gone somewhat. My backlog is empty right now. I played Odyssey on the Switch and am extremely regretting the purchase of my Switch. I played all the other games on the Wii U except Arms but I dislike fighting games which I do buy for the story. I am avoiding fighting games except for Soul Calibur VI since 1-4 were some of my favorite games. Beat most of the major PS4 games this year but my GOTY is Prey. I did enjoy Sonic Forces, Horizon Zero Dawn grew on me, Super Mario Odyssey and Resident Evil 7 but I love the exploration games. I have beat 43 games this year and next year it might be even more. I am looking forward to a lot of titles.

Beaten 0
Backlog Batman Season 2 Minecraft Season 2
Future Purchases March Valkyria Chronicles 4 Far Cry 5 A Way Out 
Q1 Kirby Star Allies Detroit: Become Human Crackdown 3 Zone of the Enders System Shock: Remastered Edition Fe

After finishing the Resident Evil 7 dlc I was going to go back to Rise of the Tomb Raider, but today Capcom announced once, or around the time, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is released all the single player content will no longer give fight money for completing them. That's the trials, demonstrations, story modes, and survival mode. Though characters can still gain XP from completing those modes, then possibly get fight money from leveling up.

Now I'm finishing up the Volume 2 trials, viewing the character demonstrations, and I will complete Survival on at least Easy and Normal with the dlc characters that I haven't done that with already.

I'm guessing Capcom is making this change because anyone just getting the game with Arcade Edition would be able to rack up a lot of fight money from all the single player fight money content.

Finally my semester is over and I can work on plowing through the back log for the next 3 weeks. I started of strong with a plat in the new South Park game. I'm hoping to finish at least 3-5 more games before I start back up with another 18 credit hours and a part time marketing co op.

Not a hero was nice wish they changed the main game so you could be Chris and make it more action based but the ending just setup a sequel.
There is no sequel setup since you see the conclusion to why Chris was called back once you finish End of Zoe. Unless talking about "The Connections," but that was always meant to be open.

Anyway, I finished everything for RE7's Not a Hero and End of Zoe when the DLCs came out. I really enjoyed Chris' professional mode run since you start with no guns until late game and entirely rely on running by enemies or countering them. That mode made it really felt like a Chris Redfield DLC.

End of Zoe was hilarious, going everywhere punching out things. :boxing: But playing "Joe Must Die" difficulty really shined in the survival aspect. It made me rely on stealth, luring enemies into traps, and forcing enemies into 1-on-1's.

Lastly, I completed FFXV: Episode Ignis when it came out and it was by far the best DLC released yet for the series. The balance between action and story was well done. The emotional aspect of the DLC was deep as well, so much feels towards the end. Also, the bonus fight was really difficult and made you really learn the combat system for the A+ or S ranks. The team is progressing and getting better with every DLC so I'm looking forward to Episode Ardyn next year.

I finished getting all the single player fight money I wanted in Street Fighter V. I'm just leaving behind Survival Hard and Extreme for most characters, and everything for Ed, Abigail, and Zeku since I haven't unlocked them.

I could unlock them if I wanted to. I now have close to 1 million fight money. But I'm going to hoard it for characters I really like, and now things like extra stages.

Doing the rest of the trials, demonstrations, Easy and Normal Survivals, and Menat's story gave me a little over 100,000 FM. It was worth doing, and actually pretty fun.

Finished the main campaign and some side missions for watchdogs 2. I really hated or was ambivalent toward all of the characters in the game. It was seemed inconsistent how a group of hipsters could go on about exposing the injustices of society while shooting and blowing everything up on their way there. Several times over the course of the story the main character would wine about how innocent he was, sometimes in the middle of missions where I had just shot my way through two dozen guys and destroyed tons of public property to get there.

At least in a game like GTA the whole premise revolves around being a crazy asshole. Watchdogs 2 doesn't seem to have a consistent theme and it's really grating on the whole experience.

Finished the main campaign and some side missions for watchdogs 2. I really hated or was ambivalent toward all of the characters in the game. It was seemed inconsistent how a group of hipsters could go on about exposing the injustices of society while shooting and blowing everything up on their way there. Several times over the course of the story the main character would wine about how innocent he was, sometimes in the middle of missions where I had just shot my way through two dozen guys and destroyed tons of public property to get there.

At least in a game like GTA the whole premise revolves around being a crazy asshole. Watchdogs 2 doesn't seem to have a consistent theme and it's really grating on the whole experience.
You need to rethink then how wars are fought. You think then any army goes around killing people don't think they're the ones on the right side? I'm not saying killing others is right, but it's naive to think that those who seek revolution or fight behind a cause are somehow defeating that purpose because they're killing people. Sadly, killing others is often the way massive changes have occurred in human history.

I think the tone of WD2 is often a little off. Otherwise, the notion that a small rebel group would go about killing others to effect change is neither strange, illogical or offbeat.

bread's done
Back