The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Finally beat Assassin's Creed Syndicate & Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Started Okami HD and realized its a RPG/Zelda gig. so looks like i'm in for a long ride.

180 hours of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. *whew* That was a long ride.

So I started Yakuza Kiwami and enjoying it very much. Makes me want to visit Japan.

Also playing Ratchet & Clank remake with my daughter. Never played the original so it's not bad for a free PS plus game.

Been playing a ton of Switch. 

• Doom: Great campaign but it's getting a bit repetitive towards the end.
  • Picross S: Play this everyday, can't get enough of Picross. I love it.
  • Thumper: Excellent and challenging rhythm game. Still trying to finish Doom so I can go through this one.

Also got Mario + Rabbids and Has Been Heroes on the Switch backlog. 

Hope everybody is enjoying their games!

Finally beat Yakuza Zero story. There's still a ton of content left to explore in that game. It was an awesome story, tho. The only other Yakuza game I've beaten was Yakuza 3, and I played a little bit of 4, but Zero is better than both of them. Highly recommended.

I've picked up a PSVR Skyrim bundle because of the price drop. I have only played a little bit of Skyrim VR. I've never played Skyrim, and its ok in VR, but it made me a bit nauseous after about an hour every time I've played so far. Not sure if its the game, since I don't have any other VR games yet except for the short demos. I'm gonna pick up a few other VR titles in the weeks to come, so maybe its just something I need to get used to.

Beat Detective Pikachu. I stayed up all last night and beat it 7:38AM right now. I already knew the culprit sometimes but had to do mundane tasks to get there. The QTEs weren't hard but I dislike them. The new God Of War might have removed them so I might buy it. I have not played Pokemon since Fire Red but Purugly is a odd name for a Pokemon.

Did not care for Far Cry 5's story. Will be returning it and getting a Switch.

Beaten 3

Backlog

Future April 24  May 25 Detroit Become Human June 12 Super Bomberman R September 21 Spyro Reignited Trilogy Q2 Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Far Cry 5 and played another indie game Death Road to Canada which I quickly returned. Thank god for Steam's refund policy. God of War has QTEs so a pass for me. Will be playing Far Cry 5 then maybe Adventure Time. Enjoyed the one on the 3ds till I ran into the ring or something glitch. My god that glitch made it unplayable. Enjoyed the isometric Zelda like quality though plus the previous 2d platforms of it was okay. The rogue like one was terrible and the click and point one was okay. Wonder why they keep changing the gameplay. I love 2d platformers and isometric zelda games. Itte Dew 2 was great besides the boss camera problems. I will probably wait for reviews for adventure time since the last three were a disappointment. I hope I like Far Cry 5 played 1-4 in a row. Liked one instincts made me feel powerful. 2 was bad. 3 was good. Blood Dragon was good. 4 was bad might of been burnout of the series. Avoided Primal after 4.

Beaten 3
Backlog Far Cry 5
Future Purchases Kirby Star Allies Mario Kart 8 Deluxe The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Splatoon 2 Super Mario Odyssey 1-2-Switch ARMS Super Bomberman R Far Cry 5 Complete Edition

April 24 Adventure Time May 25 Detroit: Become Human June 12 Super Bomberman R September 21 Spyro Reignited Trilogy Q2 Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

As suspected Zelda on the Switch is exactly the same as it is on the Wii U. I will be trading it in later. I bought another Switch and loved the demo for Detroit Become Human. I disliked using the trackpad but I got use to it after my 13th play through. I still don't know how to get some paths and I did not think there would be a ending where he did that. I am playing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. I remember watching a friend play it and regret not getting it myself despite beating 2 and 3. Would have been nice if they ported 3 else wise I wouldn't have had to do the thing to play it. On Chapter 3 and might beat it fairly quickly.

Beaten 3

Backlog

Future May 25 Detroit Become Human June 12 Super Bomberman R September 21 Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Kirby Star Allies Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Super Mario Odyssey Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Arms 1-2 Switch

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered was different I remember playing the second and third one and being able to call reinforcements and use them on the same turn. Enemies did respawn more often and did more damage then in the the sequels. It was a good game overall. Getting the A rankings for the most part was me running a scout in and if that failed trying to move in slowly wiping out the enemy and accepting a lower tank. The story was ruined for me by watching my friend play it. I knew some story elements beforehand. Here is to either expanding my Switch collection or waiting for Detroit Become Human. Did not care for the Kirby Star Allies demo I easily lost track of Kirby when fighting and the allies part to me made the easy and hard stage to easy. I beat the true arena mode of almost every title but the 3DS ones due to them taking 30 minutes+ to beat and losing at the final boss sucked. I don't have the patient I use to. Still going to buy it though.

Edit: Going to make a trip and buy all the Switch games I want. I am playing Mario Rabbids on world 3 and still have the challenges in World 2. Is there any reason why I must have a Rabbids team member for example I cannot pick Mario Luigi and Peach?

Edit: On World 4 almost done.

Beaten 4
Backlog Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Kirby Star Allies
Future May 25 Detroit Become Human September 21 Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1-2 Switch

I finished the pre sequel, but I have a general question about PSN.

Did one of you guys message me on psn about playing the co-op? I didn't recognize the PSN id and it says it was sent from something other than a Ps3. My follow up is how do people know what game I am playing (assuming they didn't see it here)? Do they go to psn profiles and look for people that played it recently or something?

I've been playing Prey. Like Nier: Automata it's a game that is filled with mechanics that I find fun. It's a shame I overlooked it for so long. When I finally tried the demo I stopped playing it some time into it because I was sold on the game.

Beat Mario Rabbids. I found the game to be enjoyable. Enemies can move first turn as in the start of the battle they attack you on some challenges. Not being able to remove skills individually lead to tons of resets. Not being able to go in with peach Mario Luigi and yoshi without rabbids was a odd choice then again they shoehorn Mario in every battle. Having Mario every battle and being forced to have certain setups to complete challenges was odd. The puzzles were easy though. Yes there are puzzles. Was going to buy the DLC but I am done. On to Kirby then detroit. Going to try Splatoon 2 soon enough.

Edit: Already on World 4 on Kirby. These Nintendo Switch games are short then again Mario Rabbids took me 3-5 days and Kirby has always been short but sweet.
Beaten 5
Backlog Kirby Star Allies
Future May 25 Detroit Become Human Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1-2 Switch

Haven't posted in a bit, but just finished Yakuza 0 and imo it has the best story in video games I've ever played.

Also finished Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter World recently.

Ended up giving up on Shadow of the Colossus, and Ghost Recon Wildlands.

For my next game, I am thinking CoD WW2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remastered, or Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Any suggestions?

Haven't posted in a bit, but just finished Yakuza 0 and imo it has the best story in video games I've ever played.

Also finished Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter World recently.

Ended up giving up on Shadow of the Colossus, and Ghost Recon Wildlands.

For my next game, I am thinking CoD WW2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remastered, or Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Any suggestions?
Cod ww2 is short if only doing campaign then tomb raider is 15 hours decent game and kingdom hearts can take a while if 100% 3 is on the way. Personally I start with the short games first then the longer ones. I would probably do Call of Duty WW2 first regardless.

Beat Kirby Star Allies. As suspected it has unlockable modes after beating the game. It might be kind of annoying grinding for puzzle pieces though. I have no Amiibo. It is a good game I found being painter makes surviving to easy combined with having 3 chefs I doubt the Ultimate Challenge will be difficult. I usually prefer using the hammer due to the OP damage but painter and jambara the staff were better in most situations. The hammer might have been nerfed though.

I was wrong the unlockable modes are much more difficult then expected. The difficulty choices in the Ultimate Choice reminds me of Kid Icarus 3DS somewhat minus the cost to play it or was it Smash Bros. Not sure at any rate Soul Burner difficulty is well difficult to say the least. New attack patterns for the final boss Rock seems to be the safest way to win. My god 2 hours playing as a Partner should not of chosen Sword and another 2 hours getting to Soul Burner. Puzzle piece farming not happening.

Beaten 6
Backlog
Future May 24 Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon May 25 Detroit Become Human Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1-2 Switch

Cod ww2 is short if only doing campaign then tomb raider is 15 hours decent game and kingdom hearts can take a while if 100% 3 is on the way. Personally I start with the short games first then the longer ones. I would probably do Call of Duty WW2 first regardless.
Thanks, decided to do CoD WW2 first! The campaign is a little boring but I like how the guns shoot way better than the modern CoDs. I also played a little bit of MP, and that was fun too.

I feel like a horrible human being for never playing the series but I just started the Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 remix (never really watched Disney movies as a child).

I decided to get myself ready for 3 because it looks incredible. Yeah it's a lot of games, but I can blow through them fast enough I believe. Hopefully I can stick with it.

Thought the end of Life is Strange was perhaps the weakest part. Kate's arc (and how it *can* end badly) and alternate Chloe were the best parts. That reminds me, I really need to bang out Before the Storm.

Beat Curse of the Moon good game somewhat. I personally hated the fire golems and other situations where you needed a specific skill to pass. I never really carried the old man's ice spell long enough. Getting all the health increases and collectibles in one run might be possible and the scissor guys reminded me of Clock Tower and strangely enough I think they were kind of in a tower in the castle possibly just the innards though. Got Detroit Become Human and will be getting Splatoon 2 soon enough. Some of the skills seemed useless or unpractical the axe skill for the girl comes to example. I figure it is a instant kill for most enemies but the drawbacks are so high and turning into a bat with high enough weapon amount made it to easy. The platforming wasn't to difficult. 1-2 hours in length.

Going to play Detroit soon just haven't found the time to plug it in.

Beat Detroit Become Human. I personally cannot stand QTEs that much and there are a bunch. I disliked the timer in some of the situations you find yourself in since I kind of just rushed and missed options. It is also kind of odd when analyzing items the timer freezes. Not the R2 freeze. I liked Conner's story but disliked Marcus's and Kara's story because of the factors near the end. Especially Kara's made me question a lot of things.

Beaten 8
Backlog
Future 1-2 Switch

I beat Color Guardians. It's the first time I played a game mainly for the trophies. I looked at my PS+ games, and it seemed like an easy platinum. I beat the game and got the platinum in maybe eight hours.

It was a fun game. It's a runner game. A couple of the trophies are kind of challenging, but if you're used to rhythm games you should be able to handle them.

I have a $10 PSN code pending from Sony Rewards after getting my 10th platinum pass trophy with Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash a few days ago, so I'm really liking trophies right now. The Color Guardians trophies also puts me 10 gold trophies away from completing my second gold pass. That will give me 250 Sony Rewards points; enough to get another $10 PSN code with just points.

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line and it was fascinating. I would recommend it.

Now playing Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

I'm playing Rime. For the first 30 minutes I wasn't feeling it, but once more puzzles started happening I got into it. I just with I could increase the sensitivity of the camera.

I plan on getting an Aim controller and Farpoint once they go on sale Friday, so I wanted to play a game that isn't very long. And I enjoyed The Invisible Hours, so I was interested in playing another Tequila Works game.

I like this idea of a support group. I started streaming to maybe chat with some new people too twitch.tv/gr8asianman   I use backloggery for tracking though I haven't updated it in a bit. I used to use Raptr but when I logged in the the first time in years today I saw it shut down. Can anyone recommend some alternatives? Starting to play Vampyr today since I was good and bear State of Decay 2.

Shaq Fu A Legend Reborn a decent beat em up but it is short. Regrets some of the bosses are suppose to be celebrities but besides Shaq I don't know any of them. Icy Hot and Gold Bond are some items are in the game. YOLO being said on death. If I wanted money I'd be a basketball player. Was hoping they do a Fresh Prince of Belair parody. The use of Gold Band by Ye Ye. Well onto Vampyr do yourself a favor and play on easy the bosses are damage sponges. 

Beaten 9
Backlog
Future 1-2 Switch

Still playing God of War. There is so much content in that game. I'm pretty much at the part where I am about to fight last boss or whatever, but instead of doing end game stuff. Playing on hard was so worth it; got my butt kicked early on, but so worth it. 

It's amazing how well games can turn out when long term profit isn't the goal, but rather create something that sells systems. 

I beat Rime. It was a good game. The platforming and puzzles weren't hard, but they were interesting enough to keep me playing. And it has a cool free dynamic theme that I started using.

Getting the platinum should be easy with a guide, but I like doing my first playthroughs without guides. I'll go for the platinum some other time. It has chapter select, but the collectibles I need a spread through each level. I'd pretty much be playing the game a second time, but it's not a long game.

Finally rushed my way to beating Mass Effect: Andromeda. I found the whole game to be kinda boring; nowhere near as good as the original trilogy. I only encountered a few bugs, so it seems most of the problems that plagued the game when it was released have been resolved. The story was boring, and the only character I liked was the krogran Dracks. I tried to play as evil, but wound up only feeling like I was just a paranoid asshole, so the dialog choices weren't anywhere as robust as the original games. The choices you make have less impact than in ME3, so its not like it mattered what I picked anyway. The writing was just plain bad. The gameplay was okay, but I never felt challenged enough to feel a sense of accomplishment. The crafting was entirely useless. After about half-way thru, I just settled on using the same weapons and armor and never changed. Glad I only spent $13 on it, as I feel that any more than that would have been a rip-off.

Next up, I'm going to give Kingdom Hearts one last try. I've tried a few times to get into the series, but its never grabbed me enough to continue into it for very long.

Since it was announced I had been waiting for Plants vs Zombies 2 to be released on console. I bought the XBLA version when it was on sale, and I thought it was great. Watching the EA press conference I thought about PvZ 2 again, and wondered how much the mobile version costs. Well shit, it's free.

I've been enjoying it the past couple of days. An ad shows up after a match or two, but they're just a screen that you can close, and aren't bothersome. It has micro-transactions, but I haven't come across anything that made me feel the need to spend any money.

Just wasted $19.99 buying Prey Mooncrash. I started it for a bit you have one character to start as. I personally disliked the use of PSI attacks but I never got much of a chance since I went more mechanical and exploration and the first guy is all PSI. The starting inventory amount just pissed me off in the OG so that was another reason to avoid the PSI category for me. Finding all the enemies to progress can be a pain. I gave it a chance and put some time in but just couldn't stand it. I also don't like many Roguelite games so that did not help.
I plan on getting Mooncrash, but I'll wait until they add Typhon Hunter and the puzzle mode to the expansion. I liked Ethan Must Die in Resident Evil 7, so I'm guessing I'll like Prey's roguelite mode. But, $20 to get only the mode that I am least interested in? I'll pass for now.

Actually, the roguelite mode sounds a bit more interesting than Typhon Hunter. Unless Typhon Hunter gets PSVR support. It probably will, but for $20 I'll wait and see.

Trying to convince myself to start working through my backlog. Couple things keep getting in my way, other than working 45-50 hours a week and being a husband and dad. And the World Cup being so great isn't exactly helping...

Other than those, I notice several pitfalls I run into:

1) Not completing games I love. I think it's because I don't want it to end. For example I got right to the end of Fallout 4 (pre-DLC) and quit. Same thing happened with New Vegas.Im on the last chapter of Wolf Among Us (which surprised me how amazing that was). I was closing in on the end of Zelda BotW and stopped. I have just the final few things to do in Raft and I don't want to cause it's so fun just cruising the ocean and building my raft. I'm working on the last mission group for GTA V. Tried finishing Skyrim twice and each time I stopped before the end. Clearly it's a bad habit I need to remedy.

2) I seem to quit games after just starting if I know I'm gonna really like it. This points to #1 but instead of getting right to the end and stopping I quit just a short way in. I got a few hours into God of War. Played about an hour of South Park FBH. Finished the first chapter of Kings Quest and played maybe 5-6 hours of FFXV.

3) Attention Deficid Gamer Disorder. Sometimes I will start a game and something comes out that I really wanna check out so I jump ship and switch playing. This happened recently with Pillars of Eternity. Was playing that then I picked up Raft and haven't gone back yet. Almost happened again with Jurassic Park but I forced myself not to buy it (it being $54 made that easier). Almost happened again when I went and watched some old EverQuest videos... That would have been real bad.

4) Putting games on hold to play with my family. CoOp games are kryptonite for me. I only played 3-4 worlds in Mario Odyssey with my daughter but it was easily the most fun I had gaming last year. But we don't get much time to play so still haven't finished it. I have A Way Out in my backlog waiting for my wife to play together. Just picked up Don't Starve together and haven't even got to play it yet.

5) Freak Out Factor. Guess I'm getting wimpy in my old age but I remember loving playing Resident Evil games and getting all scared. Lately I just can't handle the scares! Especially on my PSVR. RE7 is just collecting dust, and no way I'm playing the Paranomal Activity VR game I bought (granted my wife tried on release day and it was so bugged we couldn't get far). Even games like subnautica give me the willies, even though it looks so cool!

6) Difficulty. I notice that if a game is too hard, even though I like it, it gets shelved quickly. I ended up switching to normal mode, then story mode on God of War simply because I hates dying on the harder stuff. Could only make it halfway through Cuphead. And I'd love to check out Bloodborne but I know I'd never be able to play it. As a side note, it's why I don't play multiplayer shooters anymore.

With all those barriers, I still love gaming. But unless I really want to see how a game ends and it isn't too hard for me, I just don't finish games. In the last year I can probably recall only a handful of games I've finished. So I want to try to buckle down and start finishing games. Gonna try to use this thread to keep me motivated and to track my progress. Trying to decide if I want to finish my almost done games first or work on games I've been most recently playing or pick a game and go from start to finish.

I beat Watch Dogs. Looking at my trophy list it had been three and a half years since I last played it. I decided to take a break from my second Final Fantasy XV playthrough, now with the Royal Edition upgrade, and I saw Watch Dogs in the same PS4 folder as FFXV. I thought why not give it another go.

It was kind of dull. The hacking was a neat gimmick, I did a handful of side missions, and stopped enough random crimes to complete the amount it's progression line asked for. I was able to keep playing because the progress section shows how many missions there are in the main story. It seemed easy enough to plow through.

I just finished S2 of the Batman Telltale Series. Great story. I started playing Punch Club again to try and finish the missing achievements. 

I beat Bioshock Infinite on the PS4, and I got it's platinum (my 30th). I did the 1999 difficulty run with no Dollar Bill machine purchases in one go. I already did that on the Xbox 360, so I wasn't going into it with no experience. 1999 isn't super hard. It's just money is more limited, so you have to be selective with your upgrades. If you're playing the game for the first time it's probably best to play it on one of the regular difficulties to better enjoy the game. Using the upgraded vigors is part of the fun.

Still working on Borderlands 2's DLC.  I gave up on the first Borderlands, hopefully the PS4/XB1/PC port lets you transfer your old saves from previous generations.

Edit:  Just finished the first DLC and working on the second.  I don't think I'm going to bother with starting the Prequel-Sequel at this point. 

Getting a little burnt out on first person shooters, after finishing Resistance 2 and returning to Borderlands 2's DLC.

I beat Shadow Dragon. Totally not my favorite FE game, it's literally just FE -- scratches the itch if you have it. 

I'm going to play Fire Emblem Conquest. Started it after Birthright, but stopped. Just gonna start over. That seems like it will be fun. 

Meanwhile, the X1X hooked up to my shiny HDR TV, my PS4 and my Switch are all collecting dust. 

I started Warioland for Wii. It’s pretty decent. Not done yet, but I think only 5 Wii games left after that.

I started playing Conan Exiles last month. I had been working my way through my backlog this year, but that's going to be put on hold for a while. I'm having fun exploring, base building, and resource gathering.

I didn't beat any games last month. Next month I'll minimize my time with Conan so I can play horror games for October. I plan on playing Corpse Party: Book of Shadows and Paranormal Activity.

Finished Black Ops 2.  Wasn't feeling the story at all. Plus the zombies mode sucked compared to the first Black Ops.  Also could have done without the Guitar Hero ending.

This, however, was my favorite part of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLTxfjBSIQ

Busted out Bioshock did a 3rd playthrough and finished the long overdue platinum. (I think it was my 1st PS3 game and still my favorite) Working on the DLC platinum too.

STILL working on Fallout 3.  Have a few side quests in Point Lookout then I only have the final DLC quest and the evil and neutral karma trophies to finish off the platinum.  I'm trying to complete everything (side quests and trophies) without the aid of guides.

I first started this game in November 2010 and I believe I'm just a few hours under 500 total.  It's taking a while now that I commute for work, I'm able to put in maybe 2-3 hours a month.  It doesn't help that the DLC is so buggy that crashes are common.

My goal is to complete it during the Christmas break this winter.

I don't plan on doing any other game in this manner.  I just enjoy this one so much that I want to explore the story to it's fullest.

Finished Mass Effect - lvl 50 as a Vanguard. Started Mass Effect 2, importing my FemShep and again playing as Vanguard. Realized that the classes and combat changed a little bit and didnt like the way the Vanguard played. Started over importing but switching to Sentinel. Seems to be fitting how I like to play a bit better (more 'Bioshock Infinite', less 'Call of Duty')

In Conan Exiles I reached the level cap, got the platinum trophy, and retrieved the item that finishes the game. But I don't want to use that item because finishing the game deletes your character, and I don't want to give up everything I amassed just yet.

Although, there's really not much more for me to do. Customizing my base is about it. I suppose at this point the survival aspect of a Survival game is important. You would want to build up your arsenal and the defense of your base so you can attack other players and defend against them.

But I've pretty much been playing the game as a cross between The Elder Scrolls and Minecraft. An adventure game where I can build stuff. Which was a lot of fun, but I did pass on a big part of the game. The server I'm playing on doesn't allow players to destroy each other's buildings, and we can only kill each other during prime time hours.

To add the game to my completed list I think I'll start an offline game, give myself admin controls, then spawn the end-game item into my inventory. It won't effect my main online character.

Eh, I ended up using the game ending item in Conan Exiles on my main character. The day after I made my previous post I logged in to the game, stood around for a few seconds, and realized I wasn't interested in doing anything.

I'll start my horror games next week.

I'm finally digging deep into Tekken 7. Enjoying the story mode and treasure battle. I'm not an uber-competitive player or anything, but  I need to take it out of its plastic and actually enjoy it. 

I recently beat:

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Watch Dogs

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC

Bastion

Quantum Break

bread's done
Back